PDA

View Full Version : Letter From Hibs

Mikey
06-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Received this morning.

"There will be more signings before the end of August"

Just in case you didn't get it............

frazeHFC
06-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Cheers for that. :aok:

"become a dominant force in Scotland again"

Who said we lack ambition? :wink:

we are hibs
06-08-2011, 09:45 AM
the bottom bit is just got petrie wrote all over it

p.s - get yer ticket fur the game vs sunderland

Westie1875
06-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Good letter and the club should be applauded for it, they need to follow that up now and get the signings in ASAP, actions speak louder than words.

Hibs Class
06-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Cheers for that. :aok:

"become a dominant force in Scotland again"

Who said we lack ambition? :wink:

I'd have preferred "become THE dominant force in Scotland again", but it's a good start :greengrin

Bob Box Fish
06-08-2011, 10:03 AM
We got this letter through the post yesterday. Filled it in on behalf of my dad who has ceased going after forty years of going to Easter Road. Main reasons being for not renewing the season ticket:

CC - man does not want to be here.
SPL - playing same teams up to 6 x per season.
Lack of atmosphere since building the east stand.
Kick off times for Cat A games.
Quality of signings since we have sold off Brown, Fletch etc.

Will be interesting to see if we get a generic response to the email . . .

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I guess that the format of the SPL, has little to do with Hibs though and TBH, i would be glad to look forward to the chance to play teams up to six times a season as by default that should mean going far in the cups. The content of the letter is encouraging in the context of a pre-season rousing statement. On the back of what has been a disasterous few weeks from a PR point of view, it would be fair to say it looks a little trite. Reading it, I think that it is the people that have actually written it, that need to take that in, not the supporters.

skipster7
06-08-2011, 10:34 AM
i think the lack of atmosphere has concided with the team being poor and nothing to do with the new east.apart fom the odd rare occasion, the great atmosphere of the old east is a myth.

Removed
06-08-2011, 10:35 AM
We got this letter through the post yesterday. Filled it in on behalf of my dad who has ceased going after forty years of going to Easter Road. Main reasons being for not renewing the season ticket:CC - man does not want to be here.SPL - playing same teams up to 6 x per season.Lack of atmosphere since building the east stand.Kick off times for Cat A games.Quality of signings since we have sold off Brown, Fletch etc.Will be interesting to see if we get a generic response to the email . . .That's a letter for lapsed ST holders. One of my laddies got one. Not seen the one Mikey is on about but that sounds like a letter to those that have renewed :dunno:

smurf
06-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Excellent letter. The kind of communication I have been calling for all summer but was told it was pointless as it was stating the bleeding obvious....

I would be interested to know the content of the letter sent to those who haven't renewed?

truehibernian
06-08-2011, 10:45 AM
I think Fyfe and Scott are to be applauded for taking the steps very recently to get more interactive with the fans and to get the communications from Easter Road out into the public domain with more regularity. I can't help thinking though that it is 'reactive' and that our messageboard comments have really struck a few nerves............which in itself is a good thing :agree:

The one thing about Fyfe, as a few fans have already found out, is that he is prompt with his replies and he always takes time to invite fans to either come and see him, or go to the game and he will make time to find you and chat. I like that about him.

But one thing is a 'given'.......they read hibs.net and the bounce every day, so if we keep a wee bit faith, stay positive, but also be constructive with our thoughts and criticism's, they do take note. That's why for me it's always good to read certain fans thoughts on how to take the club forward, as there is a very real possibility that the likes of Fyfe and Scott will pick up on them.

As I keep saying, our board takes stick from me only when I think it is genuinely justified, but for me, I wouldn't want the club in any other hands. I think as a club we should be more appreciative of them (but that's only my opinion).

Houchy
06-08-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm not going today as my wife is going to see boyzone at 18:00 and I couldn't get to the celtc game due to being out of the country but I can't wait for the next game at ER and I'm looking forward to the new season and feel that the board are making all the right noises!!!

:cgwa:hibees::cgwa:hibees

Bob Box Fish
06-08-2011, 11:12 AM
That's a letter for lapsed ST holders. One of my laddies got one. Not seen the one Mikey is on about but that sounds like a letter to those that have renewed :dunno:

Yeah the one we got was for lapsed season ticket holders and similar in structure to the OP one.

Sodje_18
06-08-2011, 11:12 AM
We got this letter through the post yesterday. Filled it in on behalf of my dad who has ceased going after forty years of going to Easter Road. Main reasons being for not renewing the season ticket:

CC - man does not want to be here.
SPL - playing same teams up to 6 x per season.
Lack of atmosphere since building the east stand.
Kick off times for Cat A games.
Quality of signings since we have sold off Brown, Fletch etc.

Will be interesting to see if we get a generic response to the email . . .
I think in the past 2 weeks CC has showed he is now commited to the club. Since the new east stand was built I think the atmosphere has greatly improved.

Hiber-nation
06-08-2011, 11:13 AM
I think Fyfe and Scott are to be applauded .

These names bring back bad memories for Hibbies of a certain age :wink:

Removed
06-08-2011, 11:15 AM
I think in the past 2 weeks CC has showed he is now commited to the club. I really don't know how you can conclude that. I don't. He doesn't have a lot of choice unless some other team pay up.

truehibernian
06-08-2011, 11:17 AM

Graham Fyfe ??

hibsbollah
06-08-2011, 11:18 AM
I got mine. Furious. Postage costs, what a waste of money etc. PETRIE!!!

R'Albin
06-08-2011, 11:44 AM
I think Fyfe and Scott are to be applauded for taking the steps very recently to get more interactive with the fans and to get the communications from Easter Road out into the public domain with more regularity. I can't help thinking though that it is 'reactive' and that our messageboard comments have really struck a few nerves............which in itself is a good thing :agree:

The one thing about Fyfe, as a few fans have already found out, is that he is prompt with his replies and he always takes time to invite fans to either come and see him, or go to the game and he will make time to find you and chat. I like that about him.

But one thing is a 'given'.......they read hibs.net and the bounce every day, so if we keep a wee bit faith, stay positive, but also be constructive with our thoughts and criticism's, they do take note. That's why for me it's always good to read certain fans thoughts on how to take the club forward, as there is a very real possibility that the likes of Fyfe and Scott will pick up on them.

As I keep saying, our board takes stick from me only when I think it is genuinely justified, but for me, I wouldn't want the club in any other hands. I think as a club we should be more appreciative of them (but that's only my opinion).

:agree:

Bob Box Fish
06-08-2011, 11:51 AM
I think in the past 2 weeks CC has showed he is now commited to the club. Since the new east stand was built I think the atmosphere has greatly improved.

In what way has CC at any point over the summer showed he wants to be here?

Kaiser1962
06-08-2011, 12:13 PM

Thats not done me any good at all........................

Kaiser1962
06-08-2011, 12:16 PM
In what way has CC at any point over the summer showed he wants to be here?

He's still here :dunno:

He's never said he didnt want to be here and, as far as I am told, has worked hard at EM and covered a lot of ground looking for players.

Hiber-nation
06-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Graham Fyfe ??

Aye, and even worse Ally Scott :grr:

Mark79
06-08-2011, 12:29 PM
I read into it that hibs are toiling big time. Season tickets probably at the lowest for a long time hence lack of signings until we know what our income is. This tied to the fact we are selling tickets to all our home games now. Letter to me shows a wee bit of desperation.

hibsbollah
06-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I read into it that hibs are toiling big time. Season tickets probably at the lowest for a long time hence lack of signings until we know what our income is. This tied to the fact we are selling tickets to all our home games now. Letter to me shows a wee bit of desperation. The board cant win.

Mikey
06-08-2011, 12:35 PM
The board cant win.

Yep, doesn't matter what they do there are those who will interpret it in a negative way.

Mark79
06-08-2011, 12:38 PM
The board cant win.

It tells us nothing different to the communications on the website, articles in the paper and the you tube clips of interviews with him.

Just get on and get the signings done. No better way than good signings to get bums on seats.

Why else this year do they need to write to us and promise signings? Probably because we are toiling.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2011, 12:43 PM
I welcome this, in fact its refreshing to actually hear from those at the top at easter road. It had become stale listening to Petrie, i dont think it really mattered what he said, he was becoming a figure a lot of folk did not trust or even want to hear from anymore.

Fyffe and Scott as someone else said, never thought we'd hear those names banded about again. :greengrin

They are listening to the fans, they are interacting with us too, thats good to see. Maybe its fresh faces, maybe its just because its not Petrie, but they do come across well, they seem to know what they want. Lets hope they achieve their goals. :top marks

bobbyhibs1983
06-08-2011, 12:45 PM
He's still here :dunno:

He's never said he didnt want to be here and, as far as I am told, has worked hard at EM and covered a lot of ground looking for players.

A lil off topic and sorry to the o.p for the thread hijack, i hope this doesn't take away from the good letter imo.but the thing with CC which annoys me and im sure countless others is he has been linked with opther posts either a manager,coach, assistant manager or whatever.
Imo all he has to do is say in a press conference is either yes i d like to go, OR I'd like to stay and see out my contract , if we do well,imI'd be happy add to my contract.
Pretty simple thing to do im sure you'd agree?
Have i missed something or has he stated either way?

jonty
06-08-2011, 12:48 PM
where has Fyfe and Fyffe come from?:confused:
Surely us hibs fans can read websites and letters where it clearly says Fife?

Or just lazyness and twisting of facts by hibs fans? :greengrin

CraigHibee
06-08-2011, 12:49 PM
It tells us nothing different to the communications on the website, articles in the paper and the you tube clips of interviews with him.

Just get on and get the signings done. No better way than good signings to get bums on seats.

Why else this year do they need to write to us and promise signings? Probably because we are toiling.

i dont think we are toiling.. i think the club are getting sick of negativity from folk saying we aren't doing anything in the transfer market etc. the club have responded by saying "look who we have signed so far" and letting us know that there will be more signings before the end of the transfer window! and encouraging folk to get off their ***** , stop their moaning and get along and support the club.

thats my take on it anyway :flag:

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2011, 12:49 PM
A lil off topic and sorry to the o.p for the thread hijack, i hope this doesn't take away from the good letter imo.but the thing with CC which annoys me and im sure countless others is he has been linked with opther posts either a manager,coach, assistant manager or whatever.
Imo all he has to do is say in a press conference is either yes i d like to go, OR I'd like to stay and see out my contract , if we do well,imI'd be happy add to my contract.

Yip i agree. :agree: And in the letter from the club, there is a paragraph about it being an unsettling period with unhelpful speculation. One statement from Calderwood would have stopped it dead. :confused: I have my own feeling why he didn't, but thats for another thread.

BEEJ
06-08-2011, 12:51 PM

Not everyone will have watched the interviews on YouTube or read the related articles in the paper.

They are using a number of media to ensure that they reach as much of the Hibs support base as possible. Can't see anything wrong with that.

jonty
06-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Yes - he's said he's committed to his current job as far back as February of this year
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6744334,00.html

And the Sun (urgh) in July
http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3698230/Calderwood-vow-on-future.html
amongst many others.

Kaiser1962
06-08-2011, 12:53 PM

It is off topic but he hasnt said very much either way. If he's offered a job he looks at it and if its better than what he has he will go. Like most others. He asked Richard Gordon the same question in that if he was offered a job with Sky would he go and he said he would have to look at it. We're all the same. We could have had McLeish type statements but, similar to a player kissing the badge, when they get a better offer they go. Thats life. The only folk that are always left is us.

That said I fully welcome attempts to communicate by the club and they are to be applauded for it.

Kaiser1962
06-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Yip i agree. :agree: And in the letter from the club, there is a paragraph about it being an unsettling period with unhelpful speculation. One statement from Calderwood would have stopped it dead. :confused: I have my own feeling why he didn't, but thats for another thread.

reading between the lines folk ken whit's gaun oan :agree:

jonty
06-08-2011, 01:07 PM
reading between the lines folk ken whit's gaun oan :agree:
Delusional paranoid folk ken whit's really gaun oan :wink:

bobbyhibs1983
06-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Yes - he's said he's committed to his current job as far back as February of this year
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6744334,00.html

And the Sun (urgh) in July
http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3698230/Calderwood-vow-on-future.html
amongst many others.

Ok fair enough, should we say the case is closed so to speak?
typically of me i miss alot of things,now who should i blame?the tash?:greengrin

jonty
06-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Ok fair enough, should we say the case is closed so to speak?
typically of me i miss alot of things,now who should i blame?the tash?:greengrin
Some things will never change :agree: :thumbsup:

BEEJ
06-08-2011, 01:58 PM
It is off topic but he hasnt said very much either way. If he's offered a job he looks at it and if its better than what he has he will go. Like most others. He asked Richard Gordon the same question in that if he was offered a job with Sky would he go and he said he would have to look at it. We're all the same. We could have had McLeish type statements but, similar to a player kissing the badge, when they get a better offer they go. Thats life. The only folk that are always left is us.

It wasn't entirely relevant that comment though, was it?

Richard Gordon has been in his job at the BBC for six years or more, CC has been in his less than a year.

CC is so far a target for Assistant Manager posts rather than the No.1 role. If Richard Gordon was asked to take a role on Sky as a match reporter rather than the key studio link-up man then his answer might well be a clear 'No'.

Not trying to stir this up again; just thought at the time that it was a less than relevant comparison to make. :wink:

Kaiser1962
06-08-2011, 07:22 PM
It wasn't entirely relevant that comment though, was it?

Richard Gordon has been in his job at the BBC for six years or more, CC has been in his less than a year.

CC is so far a target for Assistant Manager posts rather than the No.1 role. If Richard Gordon was asked to take a role on Sky as a match reporter rather than the key studio link-up man then his answer might well be a clear 'No'.

Not trying to stir this up again; just thought at the time that it was a less than relevant comparison to make. :wink:

IF the match reporter role suited him better and paid more he wouldnt consider it because he's only been in post a short time?

Other that three, maybe four comments from the protaganists we have no idea what went on.

down-the-slope
06-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Received this morning.

"There will be more signings before the end of August"

Just in case you didn't get it............

You missed the ' so long as you turn up at ER for todays match and / or buy an ST'....not looking good after today.....:rolleyes:

greenlex
06-08-2011, 07:40 PM
I welcome this, in fact its refreshing to actually hear from those at the top at easter road. It had become stale listening to Petrie, i dont think it really mattered what he said, he was becoming a figure a lot of folk did not trust or even want to hear from anymore.

Fyffe and Scott as someone else said, never thought we'd hear those names banded about again. :greengrin

They are listening to the fans, they are interacting with us too, thats good to see. Maybe its fresh faces, maybe its just because its not Petrie, but they do come across well, they seem to know what they want. Lets hope they achieve their goals. :top marks
Agree G. Their goals are our goals and they wont achieve them without us. Together we are stronger. :agree:

Scouse Hibee
06-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Excellent letter. The kind of communication I have been calling for all summer but was told it was pointless as it was stating the bleeding obvious....

I would be interested to know the content of the letter sent to those who haven't renewed?

You really think so! I thought it was a load of patronising crap myself. I have renewed my season ticket and the only thanks or notice of intent to improve the team I need to see is through the signing of players and the product on the pitch.

greenlex
06-08-2011, 08:07 PM
You really think so! I thought it was a load of patronising crap myself. I have renewed my season ticket and the only thanks or notice of intent to improve the team I need to see is through the signing of players and the product on the pitch.
Just let the club know then and they will take you off the mailing list. :rolleyes:

ArabHibee
06-08-2011, 08:22 PM
You really think so! I thought it was a load of patronising crap myself. I have renewed my season ticket and the only thanks or notice of intent to improve the team I need to see is through the signing of players and the product on the pitch. :agree: And it wasn't even on proper headed paper.Slack, very slack.

Scouse Hibee
06-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Just let the club know then and they will take you off the mailing list. :rolleyes:

Yeah great idea and then I won't receive some of the sensible letters that they do send out!:rolleyes:

greenlex
06-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah great idea and then I won't receive some of the sensible letters that they do send out!:rolleyes:
What? They send out sensible letters? :rolleyes:
I would have thought someone of your calibre wouldnt need them either.:wink:

Scouse Hibee
06-08-2011, 08:36 PM
What? They send out sensible letters? :rolleyes:
I would have thought someone of your calibre wouldnt need them either.:wink:

Ah you thought, that's where you've been going wrong. :wink:

greenlex
06-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Ah you thought, that's where you've been going wrong. :wink:
As always. :agree: