PDA

View Full Version : NHC Islam Feruz

Winston Ingram
05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
I don't know if anyone on here follow @Fourth_Official on Twitter but he's just said Islam Feruz has bailed fae Celtic and joined Chelsea.:tee hee:

For those who don't know who he is, this is the Somalian wonderkid who opted to play for Scotland.

Hibernian Verse
05-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Good news, hopefully he'll improve and become the player we're told he can be.

frazeHFC
05-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Great for him. GIUY Celtic. :faf:

Winston Ingram
05-08-2011, 07:03 PM
:greengrin
Great for him. GIUY Celtic. :faf:

Bishop Hibee
05-08-2011, 07:11 PM
They'll be fuming over this :greengrin

Good luck to the boy. Hope to see him in the u21's in a few years.

sixtwo
05-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Good move for the young somalian lad. He has had a lot to deal with. He was brought up in a war torn, lawless place where savage beatings and crime are the order of the day. He'll be glad to get out of glasgow.

calmacuk
05-08-2011, 07:14 PM
£2.5k a week and the use of a penthouse flat near Stamford Bridge - at 16!

http://www.scotzine.com/2011/08/islam-feruz-bails-out-of-celtic-park-for-chelsea/

libernian
05-08-2011, 07:18 PM
thats pretty shocking acutally.

now i know celtic were probably really keen to keep him in the country due to him being worth something but to just up and leave like that is imo out of order.

Woody1985
05-08-2011, 07:32 PM
If he were to go to college in England til he was 21 could he play for England?

What's pretty shocking about it?

Do you think Celtic would give a **** where he came from or his background if he wasn't good at football?

Edinburgh Green
05-08-2011, 07:35 PM
And if he were to shine down there is there anything to stop him switching alliances to England?

Woody1985
05-08-2011, 07:36 PM
And if he were to shine down there is there anything to stop him switching alliances to England? The five year schooling rule.

AlbertK86
05-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Good move for the young somalian lad. He has had a lot to deal with. He was brought up in a war torn, lawless place where savage beatings and crime are the order of the day. He'll be glad to get out of glasgow.

:top marks:thumbsup::hilarious

Ya cannae beat the banter... Nice one centurion !!

AlbertK86
05-08-2011, 07:40 PM
The five year schooling rule.

let's hope that is the case because the boy is absolute class. saw him in the victory shield when he was only 14 and he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile.

Hopefully Potter gets him committed to Scotland as it would be a nightmare to lose out on him

Bristolhibby
05-08-2011, 08:09 PM

We need to make sure that he has actually done 5 years schooling.

If not then they could do a "John Barnes" on him.

Hibs Class
05-08-2011, 08:10 PM

now i know celtic were probably really keen to keep him in the country due to him being worth something but to just up and leave like that is imo out of order.

Probably as shocking as Celtc trying to hoover up other young players from around the country that clubs such as ours have nurtured from a young age. I've little sympathy for them.

PaulSmith
05-08-2011, 08:18 PM
We need to make sure that he has actually done 5 years schooling.

If not then they could do a "John Barnes" on him.

Indeed, as a uk passport holder could choose to play for any home nation.
I hope Potter picks him for next squad and gives him the last 1 min

FromTheCapital
05-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Sad. Saw the title and thought we had signed him, damn! :rolleyes:

Ah, well...!

Woody1985
05-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Indeed, as a uk passport holder could choose to play for any home nation.I hope Potter picks him for next squad and gives him the last 1 min no they can't, it's been agreed by the four associations that those with UK passports with no bloodline need to do five year schooling in the relevant country.Also known as the potter blows driver ruling.

hibsbollah
05-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Probably as shocking as Celtc trying to hoover up other young players from around the country that clubs such as ours have nurtured from a young age. I've little sympathy for them. Amen to that.

Bristolhibby
05-08-2011, 09:07 PM
no they can't, it's been agreed by the four associations that those with UK passports with no bloodline need to do five year schooling in the relevant country.Also known as the potter blows driver ruling.

So has he done 5 years schooling?

If so case closed, *** off England!!!

J

Winston Ingram
05-08-2011, 09:07 PM

Agreed if it happened to any non-OF club. Considering they've spent their entirty raping smaller clubs, lovely to see they ae tasting their own medicne:na na:

Winston Ingram
05-08-2011, 09:16 PM

Not necessarily. As a UK citizen , FIFA couldnae gi a flying fancy who he played for out of the home nations. Being born in Somalia then throws another spanner in the works.

Once Fat Frank, John Terry and Ashley Cole get in his ear like they did with Josh McEachran...

Woody1985
05-08-2011, 09:17 PM
So has he done 5 years schooling?If so case closed, *** off England!!!J yeah, that's why I asked if anyone knows if college counts.Could he do a course down there til he's 21 and play for them?

Winston Ingram
05-08-2011, 09:20 PM
no they can't, it's been agreed by the four associations that those with UK passports with no bloodline need to do five year schooling in the relevant country.Also known as the potter blows driver ruling.

I'm not so sure that's still in place after Scotlands attempts to secure David Johnson in 1998

Woody1985
05-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Not necessarily. As a UK citizen , FIFA couldnae gi a flying fancy who he played for out of the home nations. Being born in Somalia then throws another spanner in the works. Once Fat Frank, John Terry and Ashley Cole get in his ear like they did with Josh McEachran... It's a gentlements agreement otherwise we'd have players like novo and they'd have almunia etc. If they started pissing around they'd potentially cost the individual status of each nation.

Woody1985
05-08-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm not so sure that's still in place after Scotlands attempts to secure David Johnson in 1998 It was only agreed last year.

Skanko79
05-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Was there not an article on the lad a couple of years back? how he was saying how scotland took his family in and stuff so he says he wants to play for scotland, im sure if the lad stays true to his word then he will turn out for us.

Future17
05-08-2011, 09:24 PM
The boy has looked a bit special every time I've seen him but down in London getting paid that sort of cash at that age...could be a recipe for disaster.

Let's hope his experiences in life so far have grounded him to the degree that he can take it in his stride. Would be a great message to young immigrants in Scotland, African or otherwise, that Scotland is an accepting place and there are opportunities out there. A lot of these kids could do with role model outside of the family unit.

Future17
05-08-2011, 09:26 PM
yeah, that's why I asked if anyone knows if college counts.Could he do a course down there til he's 21 and play for them?

Is it not "5 years schooling up to the age of 18" or something like that? Pretty sure the home nations amended it after Driver fell short by a couple of months.

Woody1985
05-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Is it not "5 years schooling up to the age of 18" or something like that? Pretty sure the home nations amended it after Driver fell short by a couple of months. Could be, that's why I asked.:greengrin

Future17
05-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Could be, that's why I asked.:greengrin

I'm going to say "no" then. Considered yourself answered. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
05-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Is it not "5 years schooling up to the age of 18" or something like that? Pretty sure the home nations amended it after Driver fell short by a couple of months.

What's the odds of them 'amending' it again. England seemed to have bent over to accommodate Scotland and may want the favour returned

Woody1985
05-08-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm going to say "no" then. Considered yourself answered. :greengrin Cheers.:greengrin

forthhibby
05-08-2011, 09:54 PM
If he'd stayed at Celtic he'd have played for Ireland anyway

Woody1985
05-08-2011, 10:02 PM
If he'd stayed at Celtic he'd have played for Ireland anyway :faf:It's what his grandad always wanted.

TRC
06-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Just put him in a full squad and play him for five mins, if he's useless when he's older then no harm, if he turns out to be the next messi then awesome. potter will play him at centre half in a back 8 and tell him 'nothing fancy fi you Feza'!!

aberhibsfc
06-08-2011, 11:45 AM
If it happened to us I'd be gutted.

It didn't so GIRUY!!

TBH, we've had to endure our Old Firm pillaging in the past so it's nice to see the 'BIG CLUBS' getting turned over. He will be despised with the same vigour as levied at Liam Miller when he moved to Old Trafford.

Given that the youngster would most likely be on peanuts, it's no surprise that he's jumped at such a hike. An obvious talent, hope he makes it down there, but he'll have to be some player to achieve that, especially at Chelsea who are more likely to bring in established top foriegn players.

I hope his soul searching doesn't extend to the national setup, he may still be eligible to play for any home nation, an aspiring footballer could easliy be dazzled by the largest home nations opportunity. Again, if he's lucky enough to scale those heights which will probably be around a time of depleted English talent which worsens each year the Premiership exists. There may be a clamour to bind him to England, but he should take heed of the like of Agbonlahor who would easily play every Scotland game to a 'preventative' capped English player who doesn't feature.

I hope his morals stand up to that test. It's not like EPL players have to play for England anyway given the array of nationalities down there, only difference I suppose is that they needed their 75% country appearances rule to enable a successful work permit thus already being off the English chopping board. As a UK citizen, Feruz is not affected by this, we have the 5 year rule agreement, so hopefully that would put paid to any movement as I am unsure as to whether his Scotland credentials would stretch to claim him as ours. Unless the English deemed him important enough to bend the rules a little as we did when acquiring Driver.

I hope he goes on, does well and played for our Scotland team rather than appearing back here in a few seasons at a St Mirren or suchlike.

O'Rourke3
06-08-2011, 03:02 PM
On the BBC just now, this story is keech. He's still at Celtic.

O'Rourke3
06-08-2011, 03:03 PM
:faf:It's what his grandad always wanted.

:top marks

bob12345
06-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Could be, that's why I asked.:greengrin

Compulsory schooling is the term. E.G. Up to the end of fourth year.