PDA

View Full Version : 2 new signings

Hibiza
05-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Who are they? Is the uncommitted one (caldo) going to surpise us ? Hope one is Towell.

SMAXXA
05-08-2011, 05:22 PM
I hope one isnt Towel cause think there is better out there to be honest

scuttle
05-08-2011, 05:34 PM
CC has been banging on about the qaulity and standard of player he is being offered as the window nears its conclusion so lets hope the two who come in are of a better standard than towell although he was a fair player with limited pace

Mark_K
05-08-2011, 05:35 PM
i seen towell get on a flight to dublin with darren o'dea and asked him when he was coming back to hibs with his response being a laugh so i doubt he'll be coming to hibs

Beefster
05-08-2011, 05:37 PM
I hope one isnt Towel cause think there is better out there to be honest

Agree. Totally over-hyped on here. An improvement on Hart but I refuse to believe that he's the best available to us.

R'Albin
05-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Agree. Totally over-hyped on here. An improvement on Hart but I refuse to believe that he's the best available to us.

Think he has potential but is a bit raw at the moment, and would rather we got someone else to play first choice at RB though, if we had enough money to get Towell and another slightly more experienced RB in then that would be beneficial but I don't think we could afford that given our current financial situation.

AlbertK86
05-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Totally agree that whilst Towell was decent I'm sure there is better out there. He was decent going forward and had a big tackle and throw in but always felt he was suspect defensively.

Would rather stick with Palsson until we find a quality right back with a bit of height and stature. Then we can get Palsson back into Centre Mid or even centre half with O'Hanlon as Paul Hanlon worries me big time. Think he has potential but seems weak in clearing his lines.

Still believe we need to sign RB, CH, CM, LM and CF. Realistically I think we will only make two permanent signings which to me should be RB and LM as they are the weakest points of our team at present. Take another two or three on loan to fill the other positions.

See Sol Campbell was released by Newcastle and would appear to still be without a club. Probably out our pay scale unless we can work in some sort of player/coach role. He would stroll the SPL even at his age.

Pretty sure we are going to see another couple of Palsson type signings/loans ... IE plucked from EPL reserves. Here's hoping CC gets the quality he appears to want. Maybe even get a couple of Spurs Under 19s that will be knocking the JTs out the Europa !!!!

GGTTH .

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-08-2011, 10:23 PM
I would be annoyed if we are still looking at players being offered to us, rather than waiting to sign the players that Calderwood has asked for.

frazeHFC
05-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Has CC said we are signing 2 players?

R'Albin
06-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Has CC said we are signing 2 players?

No, but he has spoken to two players, he never said we are signing them though.

Hibbyradge
06-08-2011, 07:53 AM
I would be annoyed if we are still looking at players being offered to us, rather than waiting to sign the players that Calderwood has asked for.

You'd be annoyed if we were looking at players? Really? It's the least I'd expect.

What happens if the players we want sign for another team?

Imagine the criticism CC and the board would get if we didn't have contingencies.

Kaiser1962
06-08-2011, 07:58 AM

There are still players being released and most of those will be in a list that's sent (used to faxed, not sure what they do now) to ER. That and there will be shed loads of agents trying to hawk their players round the clubs and, as the Arsenal's and co knock them back, will be trying the lower divisions and Scotland. So here's hoping.

DAVE1875
06-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Someone on the P&B suggesting one of the signings could be Shefki Kuqi

Tricla
06-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Totally agree that whilst Towell was decent I'm sure there is better out there. He was decent going forward and had a big tackle and throw in but always felt he was suspect defensively.

Would rather stick with Palsson until we find a quality right back with a bit of height and stature. Then we can get Palsson back into Centre Mid or even centre half with O'Hanlon as Paul Hanlon worries me big time. Think he has potential but seems weak in clearing his lines.

Still believe we need to sign RB, CH, CM, LM and CF. Realistically I think we will only make two permanent signings which to me should be RB and LM as they are the weakest points of our team at present. Take another two or three on loan to fill the other positions.

See Sol Campbell was released by Newcastle and would appear to still be without a club. Probably out our pay scale unless we can work in some sort of player/coach role. He would stroll the SPL even at his age.

Pretty sure we are going to see another couple of Palsson type signings/loans ... IE plucked from EPL reserves. Here's hoping CC gets the quality he appears to want. Maybe even get a couple of Spurs Under 19s that will be knocking the JTs out the Europa !!!!

GGTTH .

I'd rather have PH (a centre half) at centre half than Paulsson who is a centre mid and besides, I feel PH has done really well at CH for the Scotland U21's and subsequently us especially given how busy our young defence is for most of the games we play.

IMO he'll turn out to be a mainstay at CH for Hibs.

AlbertK86
06-08-2011, 02:06 PM
I'd rather have PH (a centre half) at centre half than Paulsson who is a centre mid and besides, I feel PH has done really well at CH for the Scotland U21's and subsequently us especially given how busy our young defence is for most of the games we play. IMO he'll turn out to be a mainstay at CH for Hibs. I agree he has potential and think he will go on to be a no bad player but think he aint ready the now to be in such an important position