PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Ronnie

suavegav
05-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Another gid and true Hibby was lost to the Hibernian Family late on Tuesday night, Ronnie Colbron.
Ronnie had been on a kidney dialysis machine for over 30 years, but it never let his spirits go down and he was always keen to hear how the hibs were doing. He will be sadly missed by all his famliy and friends

R.I.P. Ronnie, love u pal.

Thecat23
05-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Sorry to hear that mate.

R.I.P Ronnie.

Forza Fred
05-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Another gid and true Hibby was lost to the Hibernian Family late on Tuesday night, Ronnie Colbron.
Ronnie had been on a kidney dialysis machine for over 30 years, but it never let his spirits go down and he was always keen to hear how the hibs were doing. He will be sadly missed by all his famliy and friends

R.I.P. Ronnie, love u pal.

Is this perhaps the Ronnie Colbron I played football with when we both worked at British Telecom way back in the very early 70's?

He would have been nudging the sixty year mark if it was him I think??

Exiled Hibby
05-08-2011, 10:34 AM
did he used to live in Muirhouse and work part-time in, of all places, the Ardmillan Jambos supporters club at Haymarket? If so I knew him about 30 years ago as well.
R I P Ronnie

suavegav
05-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Is this perhaps the Ronnie Colbron I played football with when we both worked at British Telecom way back in the very early 70's?

He would have been nudging the sixty year mark if it was him I think??

Yeah mate, i think u have the correct Ronnie, he worked for BT for a while.

suavegav
05-08-2011, 10:48 AM
did he used to live in Muirhouse and work part-time in, of all places, the Ardmillan Jambos supporters club at Haymarket? If so I knew him about 30 years ago as well.
R I P Ronnie

He lived along Boswell way. He never told me he worked in a Hearts supporters club, im no suprised he kept that quiet.

Forza Fred
05-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Yeah mate, i think u have the correct Ronnie, he worked for BT for a while.

Then I remember Ronnie well from the early 70's when we played fitba together.

Back then he was a big lump of a lad who would run down the right wing, with long blondish hair flowing behind him, and woe betide any full back who was brave enough to get in his way.

I remember him as a quietish, but well liked kind of guy off the field.

I emigrated in 1974 and didn't have any contact since then, but as is obvious from this post, I never forgot him.

So sorry to hear of his passing - it only reinforces to us all just how fragile this life is, I guess.

Condolences to his family, and friends.

cabbageandribs1875
05-08-2011, 11:21 AM
sad to hear this, condolences to family and friends

givescotlandfreedom
05-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I didn't know him but it's always sad to hear the passing of a good Hibee. RIP Ronnie.

suavegav
05-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Then I remember Ronnie well from the early 70's when we played fitba together.

Back then he was a big lump of a lad who would run down the right wing, with long blondish hair flowing behind him, and woe betide any full back who was brave enough to get in his way.

I remember him as a quietish, but well liked kind of guy off the field.

I emigrated in 1974 and didn't have any contact since then, but as is obvious from this post, I never forgot him.

So sorry to hear of his passing - it only reinforces to us all just how fragile this life is, I guess.

Condolences to his family, and friends.

Thanks for your kind words, its good to hear that people remember Ronnie before his dialysis started. He'll never be forgotton.

FromTheCapital
05-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Never heard of the guy, but another Hibee has passed away.

Sleep tight, bud.

Jonnyboy
05-08-2011, 10:35 PM
RIP Ronnie

7Hero
05-08-2011, 10:37 PM
r.i.p

ronnie

frazeHFC
05-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Condolences to Ronnie's family and threads.

RIP to another Hibee.

The Harp
05-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Sad news. Never knew Ronnie but condolences to his family and friends on their loss.
Put's football into perspective.
RIP Ronnie

Forza Fred
06-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Suavegav, I've sent you a private message - can you have a look and get back to me?