PDA

View Full Version : DERBY! - Attention - all singing section radges

Hibs12thMan
05-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Tickets for the Tynecastle Hibs Singing Section go on sale today via 0844 844 1875 - Option 2 and in person at the Easter Road Stadium Ticket Office or Clubstore.

There are a couple of hundred reserved.
All singing section have been highlighted and instructions sent by Judith Ireland, Ticket Office Manager

To all, please only buy tickets in here if you normally sing yer lungs oot for 90minutes. If you just want to join in to the songs or soak up the atmosphere just be anywhere in the crowd - it will all be happening :thumbsup:

Gerrrinnntaethemmmmmm!!!!!!
:cgwa

frazeHFC
05-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Think me and my mate are going to the derby. No matter where we sit we will be singing our lungs oot for the whole game.

:flag:

.Whitey.
05-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Thats 3 tickets bought in the singing section - 197 left :greengrin

.Sean.
05-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Were is the singing section? Mate got mine this morning.

frazeHFC
05-08-2011, 09:22 AM
The whole stand will be a singing section. :thumbsup:

seanraff07
05-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Thats 3 tickets bought in the singing section - 197 left :greengrin

Only 200 allocation in the singing section?

That's better but I must get a shift on :greengrin

Hibs12thMan
05-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Were is the singing section? Mate got mine this morning.

It should say on your tickets :wink:

Hibs12thMan
05-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Question asked - do you need a Season Ticket to buy in the Singing Section?

To buy them today or tomorrow - Yes
To buy from a week on Monday 15/8 - No

TamHibs
05-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Question asked - do you need a Season Ticket to buy in the Singing Section?

To buy them today or tomorrow - Yes
To buy from Monday - No

General sale isn't until the 15th which is a week on monday mate

Elephant Stone
05-08-2011, 03:07 PM
What area of the stand is it in?

Hibs12thMan
05-08-2011, 04:09 PM
General sale isn't until the 15th which is a week on monday mate

Thanks Tam - post now corrected

What area of the stand is it in?

In the middle at the back

Hermit Crab
06-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Thanks Tam - post now corrected

In the middle at the back

Surely that's discrimination against people who don't want to sing at matches?? So you can only get a seat in the middle up the back if your a member of the singing section?? Doesn't seem very fair to me.

Jack
06-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Surely that's discrimination against people who don't want to sing at matches?? So you can only get a seat in the middle up the back if your a member of the singing section?? Doesn't seem very fair to me. Nobody has said you can't sit there just that you would be surrounded by people who will be attempting to positively back the team for the whole game. I appreciate that will be alien to some supporters, so knowing that they can choose to sit elsewhere.

Hermit Crab
06-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Nobody has said you can't sit there just that you would be surrounded by people who will be attempting to positively back the team for the whole game. I appreciate that will be alien to some supporters, so knowing that they can choose to sit elsewhere.

I thought that you couldnt choose where you sit at tynie as the tickets are sold in sections are they not? Although you can specify if you want the upper or lower sections

Jack
06-08-2011, 08:48 AM
I thought that you couldnt choose where you sit at tynie as the tickets are sold in sections are they not? Although you can specify if you want the upper or lower sections I think it would be impractical for the club to pick out individual seat numbers from an allocation of 3800 or whatever it is. Relatively simple though to take out a batch of 200 and sell them separately.Maybe if someone set up a library section the club would do something similar for them?

Beefster
06-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Nobody has said you can't sit there just that you would be surrounded by people who will be attempting to positively back the team for the whole game. I appreciate that will be alien to some supporters, so knowing that they can choose to sit elsewhere.

The OP requests that only supporters who want to sing their lungs out for 90 minutes but the tickets.

Incidentally, folk who don't sing for the entire game are still able to 'positively back the team for the whole game'. It's exactly the type of comment you make that rubs a number of supporters the wrong way when it comes to the Singing Section. You'd be as well saying "the Singing Section are better supporters than the rest of you".

Jack
06-08-2011, 09:50 AM
You'd be as well saying "the Singing Section are better supporters than the rest of you". But I didn't, I never have, and I wouldn't and I'm not aware of any Singing Section person that has either.They do their thing in their way, a way that some supporters don't want to. I'd have thought they would have been happy knowing what area to avoid.

Hermit Crab
06-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I think it would be impractical for the club to pick out individual seat numbers from an allocation of 3800 or whatever it is. Relatively simple though to take out a batch of 200 and sell them separately.Maybe if someone set up a library section the club would do something similar for them?

Why should the singing section get arguably the best seats at tynie. In the middle up the back?? Why not a section at the sides out the way.

down-the-slope
06-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Got my ticket for today and Tynie this morning.

Asked for seat that was front / lower section ....15 today 27 for tynie...44 she says
So I point out that lower / front is 27 (of course she had juust given me any old ticket and at top as well) so I got lower and made sure it was not one of the rank bits :)

Can't believe the moaning about signing section getting prefference...not where I would want to be but would have been 20 yeras ago....maybe there shpould be sections for singers / setions for swearers / sections for those who sit quiet and like to bring a snack (like me) / section for team abusers etc etc

MSK
06-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I dont understand what all the fuss is about singing sections etc ..Ive sat in various seats at the pink asbestos flea riddled **** hole & still got involved in all the singing/dancing razamataz..at the end of the day ..its being there that counts ..:scarf:

Removed
06-08-2011, 11:12 AM
I dont understand what all the fuss is about singing sections etc ..Ive sat in various seats at the pink asbestos flea riddled **** hole & still got involved in all the singing/dancing razamataz..at the end of the day ..its being there that counts ..:scarf: :agree: the whole of the Roseburn should be a singing section

Jack
06-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Why should the singing section get arguably the best seats at tynie. In the middle up the back?? Why not a section at the sides out the way. Why should they be shoved out the way? Arguably there will be 600+ seats around them that will be equally as good.Hopefully where they are the singing will more easily spread to those nearby and on and on.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2011, 11:47 AM
I really dont believe some folk, here we have a bunch of supporters trying their hardest each and every week trying to create an atmosphere, yet they are getting stick for trying to organise one at our biggest rivals ground?

FFS these lads might not get it right all the time, some of the songs are a bit iffy at times, but they are trying for all the right reasons. Some of our support should go to the library on matchdays, the'd probably find the ambience more to their liking. :rolleyes:

R'Albin
06-08-2011, 11:52 AM
I really dont believe some folk, here we have a bunch of supporters trying their hardest each and every week trying to create an atmosphere, yet they are getting stick for trying to organise one at our biggest rivals ground?

FFS these lads might not get it right all the time, some of the songs are a bit iffy at times, but they are trying for all the right reasons. Some of our support should go to the library on matchdays, the'd probably find the ambience more to their liking. :rolleyes:

Exactly, you just can't please some on here:rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
15-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Just bought my tickets online for the derby but no idea what seats I'm on - were the original Singing Section ones sold out?

McKenzie
15-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Got my ticket in the lower because it was cheaper, but I'll still be singing for 90 minutes

Hibee87
15-08-2011, 10:18 AM
I would say the best seats at tynie are the lower section, might not be the best of views but everytime ive sat down there its been bouncing for the full 90 min.

BTW does anyone know if there is tickets left? according to ticketmaster the hibs section is sold out :confused:

ive got my ticket any way jsut thoguht the website would have made some sort of announcement to say it was sold out or not

Hibs12thMan
15-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Tickets for the Tynecastle Hibs Singing Section go on sale today via 0844 844 1875 - Option 2 and in person at the Easter Road Stadium Ticket Office or Clubstore.

Just bought my tickets online for the derby but no idea what seats I'm on - were the original Singing Section ones sold out?

See above LH - the Online facility didn't offer Singing Section tickets.

The general sale starts today so the Ticket Office will be busy

It will probably be the end of the week before we get an update on Sales for the Singing Section from Judith

JimBHibees
15-08-2011, 10:26 AM
I would say the best seats at tynie are the lower section, might not be the best of views but everytime ive sat down there its been bouncing for the full 90 min.

BTW does anyone know if there is tickets left? according to ticketmaster the hibs section is sold out :confused:

ive got my ticket any way jsut thoguht the website would have made some sort of announcement to say it was sold out or not

Not sold out. Just checked still tickets available.

LancashireHibby
15-08-2011, 10:46 AM
See above LH - the Online facility didn't offer Singing Section tickets.

The general sale starts today so the Ticket Office will be busy

It will probably be the end of the week before we get an update on Sales for the Singing Section from Judith

No worries. I'm in work so wasn't really in a position to sit in the phone queue and just bought online instead. Hope the whole stand will be one big Singing Section!