PDA

View Full Version : NHC How long before McCoist is sacked?

spike220
05-08-2011, 03:58 AM
How long do you think McCoist will last?

I think he will be gone by January.

GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
05-08-2011, 05:28 AM
Sad indictment of a true blue legend :fibber:
Take that ya wee sh. For the overhead kick from the throw in after the leg break - absolutely gutted I was

Dinkydoo
05-08-2011, 06:00 AM
I think it all hinges on how rubbish Celtic are this season. If Rangers are ***** but still win the league then I'd imagine that McCoist would stay.

If however they fail to win any silverware or even only one of the cups, he'll be gone.

down-the-slope
05-08-2011, 07:35 AM
In the small pond that we are so long as they are the biggest fish then he will be fine.....however...he won't survive getting more than 6 points behind the their charming neighbours...

More interesting is the lack of £15 million CL cash (wonder if Whyte is really just a less brash Vlad and was just looking for making money...if so this is going to show pretty soon)

Also the one ace they had trying to sign half decent players was the lure of CL (which only the top in EPL can offer)....now thats gone we will see EPL beyond main squad players on loan (like Bartley last year) :greengrin

I also am now wondering if the lure of there being 2 CL places this season is the reason that Vlad is suddenly interested / poking his oar into things across the city.....£15 + million is a big draw to split the OF....he will wetting himself at the prospect of that....:rolleyes:

R'Albin
05-08-2011, 07:49 AM
November:agree:

heretoday
05-08-2011, 08:09 AM
McQuoist's appointment is a like slow motion car crash. If I cared I would have told them not to promote him to manager but would they have listened? Nope.

He'll be gone by Xmas and the question is who ticks all the blue boxes as his successor?

jacomo
05-08-2011, 10:34 AM
It's amazing really that McCoist's appointment was confirmed so long ago. A rookie manager given a job without any competition.

There is nothing to suggest he can cut it as a manager - even when nominally in charge for Rangers domestic cup competitions, Walter still felt compelled to step in when needed.

smurf
05-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Depends on the players they get in before the end of the month.

Prefer him over Lennon...

Sean1875
05-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Gone by Xmas :agree:

Lendo
05-08-2011, 11:04 AM
I don't think the question is "how long till McCoist is sacked?" but more "how long till they ask Walter Smith to come in and steady the ship?"

scuttle
05-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Gone by xmas ,Billy Davies as replacement

allezsauzee
05-08-2011, 02:39 PM
End of September at the latest :bye:

M11BMO
05-08-2011, 02:45 PM
First to get the boot, 7/2 at the beginning of the season... not sure what he is now.

Sodje_18
05-08-2011, 02:50 PM
I don't think the question is "how long till McCoist is sacked?" but more "how long till they ask Walter Smith to come in and steady the ship?"

:agree:
Late October/Early November is my guess.

jdships
05-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Gone by Xmas :agree:

That's the most popular bet in the bookies just now - so I am told :greengrin

HibbyAndy
05-08-2011, 03:17 PM

Correct.

francobaresi
05-08-2011, 04:24 PM
He won't go... He'll win the league and cup cementing his position for at least another year before the little gers team doon the road step up and win the CL and SPL they have been promising us for so long...

I'll take 2nd this season with Celtic mid table...

GGTTH:rolleyes:

snooky
05-08-2011, 04:45 PM

GGTTH

Is this A Question Of Sport?
:wink:

FromTheCapital
05-08-2011, 04:56 PM
I think he'll be gone by 2012.

KeithTheHibby
05-08-2011, 05:20 PM

GGTTH

Couldn't care less to be honest...what those manky tramps and their bigot brothers do is of no concern to me.

iwasthere1972
05-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Sacked within 10 minutes of getting knocked out of Europe by Maribor. :agree:

Hibs Class
05-08-2011, 08:14 PM
In the small pond that we are so long as they are the biggest fish then he will be fine.....however...he won't survive getting more than 6 points behind the their charming neighbours...

More interesting is the lack of £15 million CL cash (wonder if Whyte is really just a less brash Vlad and was just looking for making money...if so this is going to show pretty soon)

Also the one ace they had trying to sign half decent players was the lure of CL (which only the top in EPL can offer)....now thats gone we will see EPL beyond main squad players on loan (like Bartley last year) :greengrin

I also am now wondering if the lure of there being 2 CL places this season is the reason that Vlad is suddenly interested / poking his oar into things across the city.....£15 + million is a big draw to split the OF....he will wetting himself at the prospect of that....:rolleyes:

Vlad's an idiot but he's not stupid (hopefully that makes sense :greengrin). I think he knows that even if by some miracle they split the OF that they'll then get humped at the qualifying stage just like they did the last time. Hearts will never make the CL.

Hibs On Tour
05-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Gone by xmas ,Billy Davies as replacement

Rumours from various friends 'in the know' at Ibrox that this will be the case. Also, part of the reason so many of Ally's signing targets were let slip away...

Hibs Class
05-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Whenever it happens -and it will - it will be a day worth waiting for.

The Harp
05-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Don't think McCoist will cut it at Ibrox but both him and Lennon will be under immense pressure as the season progresses with the sack being the price of failure. Could be interesting to observe even if we don't give a monkey's about either of them.
It's a hypothetical point now but during CC's 'will he/won't he' phase, I thought if Butcher had been installed as Hibs manager, and did a good job in the short term, that it wouldn't have been long before he was lured to the Ibrox hot seat.

macca70
05-08-2011, 10:41 PM
McCoist to get the boot within a couple of months and Jim Jeffries to replace him.

iwasthere1972
13-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Very soon.

IWasThere2016
13-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Mon the ICT! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2011, 01:07 PM
The ref's are back plotting against celtc again. :rolleyes: They should have had at least 2 penalty's, but he decides to give them the one thats not a penalty? Ersewipe.:grr:

hibiedude
13-08-2011, 01:31 PM
The funniest quote I read in the papers last week was when the Celtic fans were asked what was the best signing so far this season,,,, they said Ally McCoist :greengrin

If Rangers get pumped on Wednesday in Europe then McCoist won't last much longer

O'Rourke3
13-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Not any day soon if they are going to get decisions like the two they've had in the second half. Somebody obviously had a word at half time after they correctly disallowed the opener for offside.

Oh cr@p, I'm beginning to sound like I'm paranoid. :taxi