PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Have Approached Two Players This Week

Speedway
04-08-2011, 01:44 PM
CC slaps it on the table for all to comment on.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV?blend=21&ob=5

Interesting that he wants the deals done prior to the Killie game.

Well done club for publishing thins on You Tube again.

GloryGlory
04-08-2011, 01:49 PM

Any further details? Can't get sound.

sleeping giant
04-08-2011, 01:51 PM
He sounds like he doesn't piss about with players.

"if they (the 2) are not done next week , they won't be done at all"

Interesting :greengrin

IWasThere2016
04-08-2011, 01:51 PM

Killie's a real test, and we need strengthening asap.

Agree with CC, and you re use of YouTube also.

Jay
04-08-2011, 01:55 PM

Says if there was a catalogue for players its just got bigger. More options than there was 4 or 5 weeks ago. Some have tried to get into so called biggers clubs and failed so are still looking.

He sounds like he doesn't piss about with players.

"if they (the 2) are not done next week , they won't be done at all"

Interesting :greengrin

Yeah its sounds like he doesnt muck around, take the offer or dont darken my door again :greengrin

Beefster
04-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Seeing as I am quick to criticise the Exec Team when I think they're doing stuff wrong, well done to them for starting to put the important manager/exec interviews on YouTube for everyone, rather than behind the Hibs TV paywall. An important step, methinks.

Saorsa
04-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Seeing as I am quick to criticise the Exec Team when I think they're doing stuff wrong, well done to them for starting to put the important manager/exec interviews on YouTube for everyone, rather than behind the Hibs TV paywall. An important step, methinks.:agree: Indeed, that is an issue I have raised before so :aok: to them

PaulSmith
04-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Again, very positive and another sign that the club have listened and aware of where it has gone wrong previously.

Getting more confident with CC and the way forward for the club each passing day.

Riordans Boots
04-08-2011, 02:06 PM
This is brilliant :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
04-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Seeing as I am quick to criticise the Exec Team when I think they're doing stuff wrong, well done to them for starting to put the important manager/exec interviews on YouTube for everyone, rather than behind the Hibs TV paywall. An important step, methinks.

Totally agree the interviews have been good, the Lindsay one in particular. I think it is useful to see them explain why things have or havent happened without say a newspaper spinning it to suit. This sort of thing every couple or months or so or possibly longer would help in terms of communications with the fans however everyone including themselves knows that the bottom line is a relatively successful team on the park is the key to it all.

Speedway
04-08-2011, 02:14 PM

For those who can't get no satisfaction.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110804/calderwood-a-busy-period_2262950_2410147

BEEJ
04-08-2011, 02:35 PM

Unfortunately "... certainly within the next fortnight.." takes you beyond the Killie game, which is on Sunday 14th.

And we're still likely to be struggling with injuries in the striker department at that stage. (Meantime, any news on Agogo's international clearance coming through?)

:agree:

J-C
04-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Must admit I like the fact that he says they'll be done soon or not at all, in otherwards don't mess around with CC. :greengrin

Speedway
04-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Unfortunately "... certainly within the next fortnight.." takes you beyond the Killie game, which is on Sunday 14th.

And we're still likely to be struggling with injuries in the striker department at that stage. (Meantime, any news on Agogo's international clearance coming through?)

It does and he goes onto say ideally, before the Killie game. Qualifying that for that to happen, 'everything would have to go right'

BEEJ
04-08-2011, 03:37 PM
It does and he goes onto say ideally, before the Killie game. Qualifying that for that to happen, 'everything would have to go right'
This is Hibs in the transfer market we're talking about here. :greengrin

IMHO there is every chance we'll be lining up against Killie in much the same fashion as we were last Saturday. Unless Agogo makes a quicker than expected recovery .... and provided his international clearance comes through in the meantime. Hence my earlier question.

Bob Box Fish
04-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Good that we are actively trying to make progress but I will be happier when new players have been officially signed :greengrin

Any ideas for whom the players / positions may be?

Hamish
04-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Fabregas and Modric.

bingo70
04-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Good that we are actively trying to make progress but I will be happier when new players have been officially signed :greengrin

Any ideas for whom the players / positions may be?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/28/hibernian-ready-to-make-move-for-phil-airey-72703-28954216/

Going by this article from end of June i'd expect Airey to be one of the players

Mikey
04-08-2011, 03:48 PM

Yep, it's important that the club keeps people informed. Lack of info creates a void that gets filled with rumour and misinformation.

MrSmith
04-08-2011, 03:48 PM
This makes me feel much happier!

Looks like the manager is staying - for now at least - a wee bit more transparency re manager and board communicating on a better level or more openly and players coming in.

Starting to feel much, much more positive about the season.

HibbyAndy
04-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Fabregas and Modric.

Behave :rolleyes:..................

Its Fabregas and Nasri :greengrin

ancient hibee
04-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Fabregas and Modric.

Definitely not Hibs class.

down-the-slope
04-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Nice to have the manager interviewed with the obligatory...are you staying question...

Second time he has said quality and quantity is getting better with passing weeks (heading to end of window).....I argues patience all along...any of the ' get players signed now' brigade from few weeks ago ready for humble pie yet :greengrin

Does make me wonder if we get a couple in say 2 weeks...spend the budget... only to get offered a couple of gems right at the wire when no budget left......:boo hoo:

erin go bragh
04-08-2011, 04:01 PM

Think Agogo`s papers are all done, its just his injury that is keeping him out of the team just now.
ggtth

HibsMax
04-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Yep, it's important that the club keeps people informed. Lack of info creates a void that gets filled with rumour and misinformation.

and 4000+ post threads! :)

BEEJ
04-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Think Agogo`s papers are all done, its just his injury that is keeping him out of the team just now.
ggtth
Great! :aok:

Hadn't read that anywhere. Thanks!

Brooster
04-08-2011, 06:07 PM
ggtth

Agogo had a full training session with the rest of the squad today at East Mains.

CapitalHibs
04-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Two permanent and two loan signings according to HibsMad:dunno:

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_close_in_on_two_new_signings_690900/index.shtml

EasterRoad4Ever
04-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Totally agree the interviews have been good, the Lindsay one in particular. I think it is useful to see them explain why things have or havent happened without say a newspaper spinning it to suit. This sort of thing every couple or months or so or possibly longer would help in terms of communications with the fans however everyone including themselves knows that the bottom line is a relatively successful team on the park is the key to it all.

:agree: great to be able to hear the Manager and Exec first hand, even if they actually say very little that is new or a surprise. ST holders should be have access to this level of comms/messages on a regular basis, and not have it hidden behind a pay per view Hibs Tv service. I hope they continue with it.:thumbsup:

pandahfc
04-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Rumours of Stephen Smith of Norwich, ex Ranagers and think he was on loan at the sheep for part of last season. Also Paul Coutts from preston whoever he may be.

R'Albin
04-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Rumours of Stephen Smith of Norwich, ex Ranagers and think he was on loan at the sheep for part of last season. Also Paul Coutts from preston whoever he may be.

Yams were linked with Smith for a while, according to sheep fans he did well up here, think he could be a good aquistion:agree:

CapitalHibs
04-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Yams were linked with Smith for a while, according to sheep fans he did well up here, think he could be a good aquistion:agree:

Smith is a left back is he no? It's a right back we need.

Coutts, a midfielder sounds promising. Been out a lot with injuries.http://www.pnefc.net/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10362~45810,00.html

R'Albin
04-08-2011, 07:07 PM

Coutts, a midfielder sounds promising. Been out a lot with injuries.http://www.pnefc.net/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10362~45810,00.html

Thought he was an rb ? Naw sure though..

CapitalHibs
04-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Thought he was an rb ? Naw sure though..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Smith_%28footballer%29

R'Albin
04-08-2011, 07:21 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Smith_(footballer)

Ok maybe he isn't an rb then:greengrin

scuttle
04-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Hardly the qaulity names CC has been on about

ancient hibee
04-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Hardly the qaulity names CC has been on about

It's because Barton's going to stay at Newcastle after all.

TonyMontana1875
04-08-2011, 07:59 PM
That was great to see I now think after NFFC have now appointed an assistant I think CC will concentrate on the task in hand.

Mark79
04-08-2011, 08:22 PM
I know who they are.

Callum_62
04-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I know who they are.

You want a chocolate coconut?? :greengrin

Kato
04-08-2011, 08:32 PM
I know who they are.

And??

Thomson
04-08-2011, 08:34 PM
I know who they are.

Well? :I'm waiti

scuttle
04-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Come on then spill the beans

Mark79
04-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Player 1 and player 2.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Player 1 and player 2.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zcpnlCz6yi0/TjBISM40kkI/AAAAAAAABfA/1Pc73iRm14k/s1600/Third-party-facepalm.jpg

NOLA
04-08-2011, 08:43 PM
HIBS IS THE BEST:thumbsup:X:agree::agree:X:flag:X:hibees

SMAXXA
04-08-2011, 08:44 PM

I'm just back in cyber .net land after a week away, cant believe I missed the whole JJ piece dam! Never mind I am back and haver started trawling through what I have missed.

I agree this is brilliant from Hibs, listening to an open and honest interview from Fyfe you have to take your hat off to them for this. Really impressed with the honesty.

On the player front, I cant say i'm surprised because CC has said since day one that limited business will be done until the top EPL sides go back etc, this is where the real players come about, not the guys that are free agents etc. I still retain hope, blind faith maybe but I have hope that will never die!

Mon the cabbage!

eastmainsmsh
04-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Stevie Smith would be a good Asset can play left back and left centre back ...think CC sees Booth as a wide left player or in left midfield and Stevenson can play there as well so good options if rumours are true :aok:

ahibby
05-08-2011, 08:19 AM
I have to admit that my rant after the Cillian Sheridan situation does appear to be unfounded and premature. Having said that I don't think it's right to go in to a competition without a full squad (apart from injuries and suspensions) and expect the fans to fork out the full wad, but that's in the past now. He doesn't say that the deals have to be done before the Killie game but he does say that they will be done a lot earlier than the deadline or not at all. He'd like to have them in time for the Killie game understandably because that is a tough one for our current available team. Looking forward with some anticipation to a couple of good signings. Why youtube and not just the official website?

Speedway
05-08-2011, 08:32 AM
I have to admit that my rant after the Cillian Sheridan situation does appear to be unfounded and premature. Having said that I don't think it's right to go in to a competition without a full squad (apart from injuries and suspensions) and expect the fans to fork out the full wad, but that's in the past now. He doesn't say that the deals have to be done before the Killie game but he does say that they will be done a lot earlier than the deadline or not at all. He'd like to have them in time for the Killie game understandably because that is a tough one for our current available team. Looking forward with some anticipation to a couple of good signings. Why youtube and not just the official website?

Because the club have decided to throw the whinging, whining, miserable, knee jerk d&g'ers a bone.

Ray_
05-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Because the club have decided to throw the whinging, whining, miserable, knee jerk d&g'ers a bone.

Think they had to, considering the cost to the club caused by lack of interest from the punters.

ahibby
05-08-2011, 09:52 AM

Considering the sh*** the fans have had to put up with for the last few seasons and the scare about CC, that's a bit unfair IMO. Season ticket sales are a good barometer of how satisfied fans are generally, but a good whinge can sometimes add weight to lower ST sales.

Stevie Reid
05-08-2011, 10:34 AM

Smith can play left midfield also, and could obviously cover LB if Booth were injured/suspended - I would be very happy if we were to sign him. If we are to sign another midfielder then maybe CC plans to keep Palsson at RB - he doesn't offer a great deal going forward but is solid enough defensively, and good in the air.

I really hope that we are going to sign another forward though - perhaps Airey on loan will happen.

Exiled Hibby
05-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Fabregas and Modric.

hope not. we need a right back first:greengrin

matty_f
05-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Smith can play left midfield also, and could obviously cover LB if Booth were injured/suspended - I would be very happy if we were to sign him. If we are to sign another midfielder then maybe CC plans to keep Palsson at RB - he doesn't offer a great deal going forward but is solid enough defensively, and good in the air.I really hope that we are going to sign another forward though - perhaps Airey on loan will happen.I really hope it's a right back and a forward. I think our midfield is ok if we can get palsson in there and get him to show the performances he put in when he first came to the club.

Stevie Reid
05-08-2011, 10:52 AM
I really hope it's a right back and a forward. I think our midfield is ok if we can get palsson in there and get him to show the performances he put in when he first came to the club.

I would definitely prefer that too, Matty - but I would be happy if Smith were to sign.

Speedway
05-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Considering the sh*** the fans have had to put up with for the last few seasons and the scare about CC, that's a bit unfair IMO. Season ticket sales are a good barometer of how satisfied fans are generally, but a good whinge can sometimes add weight to lower ST sales.

Considering the self brewed hysteria in the absence of fact, downward spiral negativity and constant, constant whinging that our 'fans' (noticibly absent from the board this week) have perpetuated this year alone, in preference to starting supportive discussions and offering educated and balanced views; I think the comment is not unfair in the slightest and is a little lenient, if anything.

matty_f
05-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Considering the self brewed hysteria in the absence of fact, downward spiral negativity and constant, constant whinging that our 'fans' (noticibly absent from the board this week) have perpetuated this year alone, in preference to starting supportive discussions and offering educated and balanced views; I think the comment is not unfair in the slightest and is a little lenient, if anything.:agree:

TRIALIST
05-08-2011, 11:24 AM
I would be surprised if CC brings in another left sided defender, the clubs strategy seems to be a small squad with emphesis on promoting and developing our own young team. With a peppering of experience to bring them on. At present he has defensive cover on the left and centre with Hanlon, Murray, Stevenson, Booth and Scott Smith also getting good revues.
The weak areas appear to be upfront, centre midfield and right back. Palsson is versatile enough to play right back but does not look comfortable, there is no U19 back up and Hart has a big question mark over him on his fitness and capability.
We now have a plethora of wingers with pace at the club and nobody in midfield with the football brain to see a pass, Stevenson and Murray are both too slow of thought and telegraph their intentions.
If we have 3 big guys rotating up front we need crosses and the wingers need to be fed quickly from midfield.
Thornhill and Wotherspoon can both play behind the striker however the prefered choice would be a quicker more technically gifted proven poacher. Thornhill is too slow and Wotherspoon is not accurate enough.
So 3 required and dependant on EDG and a couple of youngsters being loaned out we may see other loanees coming in to boost the squad.

hibs0666
05-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Considering the self brewed hysteria in the absence of fact, downward spiral negativity and constant, constant whinging that our 'fans' (noticibly absent from the board this week) have perpetuated this year alone, in preference to starting supportive discussions and offering educated and balanced views; I think the comment is not unfair in the slightest and is a little lenient, if anything.

Absolutely. The 'No but' brigade have been outshouting the 'Yes if' posse for a good while now.

number 27
05-08-2011, 11:39 AM
There has been a huge step forward in communications from the club in the last few weeks. Congratulations to all those responsible and keep it up please.
:aok:

BEEJ
05-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Well why not start a few supportive threads offering educated and balanced views and see if they will return and join in the more positive ambience on here? :wink:

There is currently a vacuum to be filled on here. We can either taunt folks to come back and resurrect the old arguments or we can endeavour to change things.

Albion Hibs
05-08-2011, 12:17 PM

Bang on there! I am starting to get worried about a few of them! What makes it worse is this week is a friendly so I dont think they can even moan at that.....the shakes and sweats will be frightening come the Killie game!!

I think we will sign a midfielder in the next week or so. It is the obvious choice in terms of position to fill, albeit we have looked surprisingly decent in midfield over the past two games. A right back to ensure we have cover in the form of Palsson for the midfield may be another area we are looking to sort.

ahibby
05-08-2011, 12:20 PM

Educated views like 'finishing tenth aint good enough', 'being pumped out of Europe and looking like a Junior side in the process' and the board appointing the wrong manager (not CC), and unless they get it sorted then they should p*** off. I think those sort of views were educated via experiential learning but I could be wrong of course. Anyways lets hope that there is going to be a resurgence and the new signings come and make a positive difference, at least that is something that we should all agree on.

Speedway
05-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Well why not start a few supportive threads offering educated and balanced views and see if they will return and join in the more positive ambience on here? :wink:

There is currently a vacuum to be filled on here. We can either taunt folks to come back and resurrect the old arguments or we can endeavour to change things.

You'll find them on page 19 of the main board, three to six months old, 2,718 views, 6 replies.

R'Albin
05-08-2011, 12:25 PM
You'll find them on page 19 of the main board, three to six months old, 2,718 views, 6 replies.

:greengrin

Ray_
05-08-2011, 12:29 PM

The fact is a lot of people can't be bothered watching the dross Hibs consistently pass off as entertainment & as a result, he downward spiral would be an apt description of the “in” column of the club's account sheets.

Speedway
05-08-2011, 12:40 PM
The fact is a lot of people can't be bothered watching the dross Hibs consistently pass off as entertainment & as a result, he downward spiral would be an apt description of the “in” column of the club's account sheets.

When they can't be bothered and moan about lack of investment Ray, the downward spiral becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Board then works harder at commercial sponsorship revenues and fans complain that they are not focussing their attention on the ordinary punter. :rolleyes:

'Ah ken I've nae paid ma tv license like but there's been nothing but pish on for months'

Returning to the original theme of the thread, an old rumour has re-surfaced on hibs mad that we're supposed to be talking to Mark Reynolds about a deal.

Ernie Cobra
06-08-2011, 02:07 AM
When they can't be bothered and moan about lack of investment Ray, the downward spiral becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Board then works harder at commercial sponsorship revenues and fans complain that they are not focussing their attention on the ordinary punter. :rolleyes:

'Ah ken I've nae paid ma tv license like but there's been nothing but pish on for months'

Returning to the original theme of the thread, an old rumour has re-surfaced on hibs mad that we're supposed to be talking to Mark Reynolds about a deal.

I think there is still a huge amount of negativity surrounding the club, i think this is also paired with the early start to the season and the lack of reasoning behind it. We did not / still do not have a team ready to go. We have a mickey mouse friendly to play tomorrow. I can confidently say there is nothing to excite me or entice me to be a season ticket. Imagine i am proved wrong,we sign some exciting players and go on to have a good season......what a fool i'll feel :wink:. Until then i will as always support the 11 pplayers that take to the field, but will have my reservations about the board until i am proved wrong with that also. Once bitten

Beefster
06-08-2011, 05:54 AM

You on another one of your downers about the Hibs support again?

Do you think folk posting 'fact' that turns out to be incorrect might contribute to the 'self-brewed hysteria'? Maybe if expectations weren't unnecessarily whipped up, the hysteria would be less when nothing comes to pass.

SmokieJoe
06-08-2011, 01:10 PM

its only 36 quid a year:agree:, BBc highlights didn't show IM dissaloud goal, bias reporting from them? the certainly showed ICT's dissaloud goal.

jJust think of it as 1 home game, a cup of coffee and a pie, oh and you get change from the 36 quid:greengrin

Hibee87
06-08-2011, 01:23 PM
whats the 2 players we have approched been offered? is it to sign and/or loan? Dont want to post the names ive heard as dont want to start rumours but all i will say iv heard is one is a right back to sign and one is a striker but the striker iv heard will almost def be a loan deal if true

CapitalHibs
06-08-2011, 02:07 PM
whats the 2 players we have approched been offered? is it to sign and/or loan? Dont want to post the names ive heard as dont want to start rumours but all i will say iv heard is one is a right back to sign and one is a striker but the striker iv heard will almost def be a loan deal if true

Airey from Newcastle?:wink:

BryanV
06-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Airey from Newcastle?:wink:

32 yr olds on one year deals and loan deals, we are building for the future.....

CapitalHibs
06-08-2011, 02:34 PM
32 yr olds on one year deals and loan deals, we are building for the future.....

Eh????

Airey is 19 years old.

MSK
06-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Eh????

Airey is 19 years old.Think he was referring to Shefki Kuki

R'Albin
06-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Think he was referring to Shefki Kuki

Actually I think he was referring to Agogo :wink:

MSK
06-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Actually I think he was referring to Agogo :wink:Thats who I meant ...:rolleyes:

CapitalHibs
06-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Thats who I meant ...:rolleyes:

Oh... OK

Still don't think it's a bad idea. After all. we need to give our youngsters an incentive to get into the first team, sooner than later

Speedway
06-08-2011, 03:17 PM
You on another one of your downers about the Hibs support again?

Do you think folk posting 'fact' that turns out to be incorrect might contribute to the 'self-brewed hysteria'? Maybe if expectations weren't unnecessarily whipped up, the hysteria would be less when nothing comes to pass.

Not another one Beef, the same one.

Ray_
06-08-2011, 03:57 PM

The Hibs fans SUA[Was]C and the reward they got was the best set of youngsters in four decades all gone in a blink & then three plus years of utter dross, it works two ways & IMHO what is happening now was always going to happen. Rod Petrie was certainly full of himself when he actually got one right [TM], going on about having a successful selection process that involved ticking boxes, he's been pretty quiet since then though.

Big Frank
06-08-2011, 04:10 PM

Post of the day:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lupos' daughter rocks:flag::flag:

R'Albin
06-08-2011, 04:32 PM

Cute .. Well said Lupo's daughter:flag::thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
07-08-2011, 01:48 PM
I'll guess at:

Towell & Osbourne (Permanent)

Airey & Moloney (Loan)

Speedway
08-08-2011, 09:23 AM
I'll guess at:

Towell & Osbourne (Permanent)

Airey & Moloney (Loan)

That would make sense.

I'll take a stab at

Osbourne and Maloney (permanent)

Griffiths and Kuqi (Loan)

Ernie Cobra
08-08-2011, 10:22 AM
That would make sense.

I'll take a stab at

Magic.................so if we do get them, they will be out for months! Aye cheers Speedway!:rolleyes:

R'Albin
08-08-2011, 11:13 AM
That would make sense.

I'll take a stab at

I would go the same apart from.. isn't Kuqi a free agent at the moment?