PDA

View Full Version : Boozy forced to retire

Gus Fring
04-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Interview in the Evening news today with Boozy. Sad news when a player is forced to retire. Hopefully he'll do well in his new role :agree:

Boozy's battle against pain ends in youngsters' gain

(http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Boozy39s-battle-against-pain-ends.6812858.jp)

12AlbionPlace
04-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the memory Boozy, especially extracting the urine from Mr Lennon:greengrin

Good luck with the Falkirk Youth I'm sure they'll get the benefit of your talent and experience.

Albion Hibs
04-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Whilst it is a real loss that his career has come to an end so early doors he can look back on plenty as a footballer and be a proud man. If he can get his ability over the the youngsters they will be a lucky bunch.

All the best Boozy.

basehibby
04-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the memory Boozy, especially extracting the urine from Mr Lennon:greengrin

Good luck with the Falkirk Youth I'm sure they'll get the benefit of your talent and experience.

:agree: Never have I witnessed an OF captain having the pish ripped from him so exquisitely and completely - thanks for the memories Boozy - big welcome for you at ER always :not worth

allezsauzee
04-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Sad news but hopefully we'll see him back home in a coaching capacity one day.

Dunbar Hibee
04-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Really sad news. I am playing alongside Boozy in a charity match in Dunbar on Sunday for Hibs supporters safe to say I can't wait. Will be honoured to play alongside one of my all time favourite Hibs players.:agree::sauzee:

Golden Bear
04-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Hibs TV should recruit him to the commentary team.:greengrin

He gave an epic performance there recently and you could sense the man was still very much a Hibby sympathiser.

whiskyhibby
04-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Sad news for a truely gifted player whose love of the Hibs comes across very strongly (including his commentary for HTV!!), Thanks for the wonderful memories Boozy:not worth:not worth:not worth

GreenOnions
04-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Definitely somebody I was happy paying to watch. He provided great entertainment and was genuinely the type of player whose presence in the team could persuade me to attend a game when I was having doubts about going. His close control, awareness and passing ability were IMHO exactly what is needed in a central midfield player - I think he was one of the keys to the style of play under Mowbray. Thanks Boozy!

Shrekko
04-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Motherwell away under JC a 6-1 victory and the best performance I've seen from a Hibs midfielder by Boozy.

Excellent player at his best and good luck to him.

Jonnyboy
04-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the very many good memories you gave me Boozy and all the best for you in the future

Elephant Stone
04-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Definitely somebody I was happy paying to watch. He provided great entertainment and was genuinely the type of player whose presence in the team could persuade me to attend a game when I was having doubts about going. His close control, awareness and passing ability were IMHO exactly what is needed in a central midfield player - I think he was one of the keys to the style of play under Mowbray. Thanks Boozy!

Absolutely spot on. :top marks

I'd love for Boozy to be offered a role somewhere within the club.

TonyMontana1875
04-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Somebody who really does care about the club as a fan. I spent abit of time with Boozy. He is a great guy feel for him so much. Wish him all the best at Falkirk.:agree::sauzee:

NOLA
04-08-2011, 08:36 PM
all the best BOOZY:singing::sauzee:

JCHibby
04-08-2011, 08:43 PM
all the best BOOZY:singing::sauzee:

The juggling the ball and nutmeg against Lennon, who tried to do him, was the best thing I have seen. That Hibs team was without doubt fantastic to watch, and he was a key part to it. All the best Boozy.

LeithBoozy
04-08-2011, 09:02 PM
You wont be forgotten at ER Boozy, you were a class act, best wishes for your future. :not worth

KWJ
05-08-2011, 04:51 AM
I'm having memory loss moments, what game was this v Lennon?

I remember Boozy as being a player of great ability but being a bit of a disappointment after a great first season, probably mainly due to injuries. I remember that one he got against Killie, was a Monday night on tv, we won 2-0 I think. Didn't look good and as he said he never really recovered.

Actually might not have been that tv game but I mind it. Was to the right of the support against the touchline.

Broken Gnome
05-08-2011, 05:55 AM
I'm having memory loss moments, what game was this v Lennon?

I remember Boozy as being a player of great ability but being a bit of a disappointment after a great first season, probably mainly due to injuries. I remember that one he got against Killie, was a Monday night on tv, we won 2-0 I think. Didn't look good and as he said he never really recovered.

Actually might not have been that tv game but I mind it. Was to the right of the support against the touchline.

2-2 v Killie at the turn of the 05/06 season. The Lennon game was also 2-2, autumn 2006ish, Sproule and Thomson scored.

For everyone that insinuated he was a wimp on the pitch, it's easier said than done to go at it hammer and tongs if you're trying desperately to prolong your career beyond 31 maybe?

BSEJVT
05-08-2011, 09:15 AM
2-2 v Killie at the turn of the 05/06 season. The Lennon game was also 2-2, autumn 2006ish, Sproule and Thomson scored.

For everyone that insinuated he was a wimp on the pitch, it's easier said than done to go at it hammer and tongs if you're trying desperately to prolong your career beyond 31 maybe?

Yes, think it was the 2-2 game at Killie at new year?

Boozy is without doubt one of the most talented and effective footballers I have seen at ER in my 40 odd years of supporting Hibs.

Fantastic stand up tackler, great range of passing and massively adaptable.

I think he was to some extent constrained by the players around him at that time, who were mostly adept at pushing further forward. forcing him to sit deeper than truly suited him.

Yet another player worth paying the admission money alone for.

All the best Boozy

Sean1875
05-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Motherwell away under JC a 6-1 victory and the best performance I've seen from a Hibs midfielder by Boozy.

Excellent player at his best and good luck to him.
Very rarely I remember a specific players performance years later but Boozy was incredible that game, thanks for everything Boozy! :thumbsup:

Seveno
05-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Boozy should be at East Mains. Get it sorted, Petrie.