PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Adam

Russdoorsfan71
03-08-2011, 08:12 PM
His move to Liverpool has obviously been discussed quite a bit over the summer but I watched this earlier over on the beeb.

Used to think he was a complete ticket when he was at Der Hun but think he speaks rather well and I'm really chuffed for the lad that he got a move that he deserved (Even if it was for the 'Pool).

Hope he cements a place in the Scotland squad. Seems a good guy and as we saw last season, he has formed into a cracking player.

Thought a thread away from the Yams was in order!

GGTTH

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14393060.stm

Russdoorsfan71
03-08-2011, 08:24 PM
He'll be a key factor in Liverpool winning the title this season..

Pah! Untd all day mate! (Closet Manure fan!)

To be honest it's a tough one to call. As much as a Hibby as I am, I'm really looking forward to the new Premiership season.

Some interesting signings over the summer. Teams to watch are defo Man City, Liverpool, Sunderland and of course MAN UTD!!! ha!

IWasThere2016
03-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Charlie Adam is a good lad.

CallumLaidlaw
03-08-2011, 08:29 PM
As a toffees follower, it pains me to say that Liverpool will get back in the top 4 this year. They won't topple man u, Chelsea or city tho. Spurs and arsenal will be up there too, followed by Sunderland, Stoke and everton. Plenty strength in the premier league this year

Jonnyboy
03-08-2011, 08:31 PM

:agree: as endorsed by Ian Holloway who confirms that CA is a good bloke

Charlie really needs to invest some of his new wealth in getting his teeth fixed though :greengrin When he smiles it's like a tinker's mantlepiece (as my old Granny once said - before PC was invented :greengrin)

frazeHFC
03-08-2011, 09:42 PM
With Suarez up front, the title is going to Anfield. :thumbsup:

Spudster
03-08-2011, 10:32 PM
:tee hee:

Dashing Bob S
03-08-2011, 11:37 PM

:faf::faf::faf::top marks

Bad Martini
04-08-2011, 11:37 AM
As a toffees follower, it pains me to say that Liverpool will get back in the top 4 this year. They won't topple man u, Chelsea or city tho. Spurs and arsenal will be up there too, followed by Sunderland, Stoke and everton. Plenty strength in the premier league this year

As a Red, it's refreshing to hear a non bitter blue :greengrin

But, I disagree with your comments in bold.

I refer the honourable gentleman to:

Chelsea 0 - Liverpool 1
Liverpool 3 - Man Utd 1
Liverpool 3 - Man City 0

...all without Gerrard!

Not suggesting these teams wont be in the top 4, they will. Also agree the premiership will be better this year than it was last.

However, I am relishing the thought of Suarez up front again, wearing the 7 shirt with some decent wide players to play the ball in. I reckon the Reds can do something this year. The records show had the season started on the King's return, we would have been 2nd in the league, with chelsea winning it.

WALK ON!

Beefster
04-08-2011, 12:11 PM

Was always hugely underrated when he played up here too. When it was obvious that Rangers didn't want him, I always held out hope that Hibs would go for him.

I'll always remember his two goals against us at ER that Simon Brown gifted him.

Dashing Bob S
04-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Was always hugely underrated when he played up here too. When it was obvious that Rangers didn't want him, I always held out hope that Hibs would go for him.

I'll always remember his two goals against us at ER that Simon Brown gifted him.

I can't think of Charlie Adam without the hilarious (though not at the time) image of Clown scrambling back pathetically, seeing about twenty minutes after everyone else that the ball was heading for the net.

To manage this twice was some performance. And I loved the way he stood with his arms on his hips, stupidly looking around in manufactured anger for somebody else to blame.

Forget Zibi in the Yams semi, this was perhaps the single most inept performance by a (Hibernian) goalkeeper anywhere.

Beefster
04-08-2011, 01:23 PM
I can't think of Charlie Adam without the hilarious (though not at the time) image of Clown scrambling back pathetically, seeing about twenty minutes after everyone else that the ball was heading for the net.

To manage this twice was some performance. And I loved the way he stood with his arms on his hips, stupidly looking around in manufactured anger for somebody else to blame.

Forget Zibi in the Yams semi, this was perhaps the single most inept performance by a (Hibernian) goalkeeper anywhere.

Absolutely. Closely followed by Brown's "I'll just usher this one wide of the post......oh ****." clanger against them at PBS. A mistake of gargantuan proportions that isn't really recalled that often because we won the game.

patlowe
04-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Absolutely. Closely followed by Brown's "I'll just usher this one wide of the post......oh ****." clanger against them at PBS. A mistake of gargantuan proportions that isn't really recalled that often because we won the game.

That was such a fundamental error for a goalkeeper to make, it's laughable when you think back to the number of incredible mistakes (in huge games) we had to suffer in that 5 year period. Thankfully, we just about seem to be over it now and it's the rest of the team we have to worry about.

bawheid
04-08-2011, 02:23 PM

Aye...but...Motherwell 6-6 Hibernian.....??

Dashing Bob S
04-08-2011, 05:03 PM

Yes, I'd forgotten all about that one, precisely for that reason. It was a howler, of, well, Brown proportions. Amazing to think that we had both those keepers on our books at once, who seemed locked in a personal battle to prove who could exhibit the greater incompetence.