PDA

View Full Version : Question signings?

ski1875
02-08-2011, 10:40 PM
is all quiet on the transfer front for the hibees ? any news?

sundo1875
02-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Was thinking that too not been any news since last week

Pedantic_Hibee
02-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately, the board of directors have failed to pick themselves up from the floor at the recent goings on across the road.

Rest assured that when they stop laughing they'll be straight on the phone and finalising a few deals for us. :aok:

McIntosh
02-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Was thinking that too not been any news since last week

Unsurprisingly the disruption over CC's future has had an impact but Hibs have by all accounts made some ambitious enquires recently and have had some real quality offered, notably Damián Martínez from Arsenal. However, this goalkeeper is still in his teens but his recent call up to the full Argentina squad appears to have changed his immediate future. The theme music emerging from Easter Road is that quality throughout the team is essential while they have been offered Premiership players on year long loans the stumbling block has been the percentage to be payed by Hibs. Though I do believe that at Board level there are some individuals pushing for a slight reduction on the restrictions imposed on the purse strings. This is directly related to season ticket sales. When I hear more I will update you.

McIntosh
02-08-2011, 11:53 PM
As an a side to this but it is related to this. I was at an event at The Southbank in London last week and one of the team who negotiated with Hibs over the sponsorship deal was at the event. I was surprised to find out they were based in Liverpool but regardless of this, Rod Petrie really lives up to his reputation in terms of striking a hard bargain!!!! When he stopped talking about RP He did lavishly great praise on Scott Lindsay and his plans for the club. The rebuilding exercise was explained in great details and CC is central to the corporate strategy. I think this may well be a factor in explaining the club's determination to hold on to CC.

HibsMax
03-08-2011, 01:08 AM
Unsurprisingly the disruption over CC's future has had an impact but Hibs have by all accounts made some ambitious enquires recently and have had some real quality offered, notably Damián Martínez from Arsenal. However, this goalkeeper is still in his teens but his recent call up to the full Argentina squad appears to have changed his immediate future. The theme music emerging from Easter Road is that quality throughout the team is essential while they have been offered Premiership players on year long loans the stumbling block has been the percentage to be payed by Hibs. Though I do believe that at Board level there are some individuals pushing for a slight reduction on the restrictions imposed on the purse strings. This is directly related to season ticket sales. When I hear more I will update you.

As an a side to this but it is related to this. I was at an event at The Southbank in London last week and one of the team who negotiated with Hibs over the sponsorship deal was at the event. I was surprised to find out they were based in Liverpool but regardless of this, Rod Petrie really lives up to his reputation in terms of striking a hard bargain!!!! When he stopped talking about RP He did lavishly great praise on Scott Lindsay and his plans for the club. The rebuilding exercise was explained in great details and CC is central to the corporate strategy. I think this may well be a factor in explaining the club's determination to hold on to CC.

Looking forward to this season. I really am. I could be foolishly optimistic (as usual) but I think we could turn things around. I'm not talking about splitting the OF but a significant improvement over last season.

smurf
03-08-2011, 09:53 AM
A signing a week from now until the end of Aug would be great. Will we have a forward for sat?

Speedway
03-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Even rumours are hard to come by at the moment. McIntosh's was fascinating and I can only add two further names I've heard, neither of which I believe the validity of.

They are Darren O'Dea (yet again) in a permanant move and Paddy McCourt on loan for a year.

McIntosh
03-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Even rumours are hard to come by at the moment. McIntosh's was fascinating and I can only add two further names I've heard, neither of which I believe the validity of.

They are Darren O'Dea (yet again) in a permanant move and Paddy McCourt on loan for a year.

There is truth to these but in these cases it is the agents trying to offload them with the support of the clubs. McCourt for a variety of reasons could well happen.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-08-2011, 01:49 PM
There is truth to these but in these cases it is the agents trying to offload them with the support of the clubs. McCourt for a variety of reasons could well happen.

And they are....?

McIntosh
03-08-2011, 02:11 PM

And they are....?

Nothing that the player is responsible for but we should bear in mind that this man was sent bullets in the post only this year. A fresh start for a player who by all accounts is talented would be no bad thing for all parties concerned.

Wheat Hound
03-08-2011, 03:38 PM
I reckon McCourt and Ivan on the wings with Palsson and Thornhill in the middle would be a crackin midfield, though don't think Celtc would let McCourt go cheaply.

Wheat Hound
04-08-2011, 08:32 AM
O'Dea has joined Leeds on a season long loan.

YehButNoBut
04-08-2011, 12:04 PM
From todays Scotsman new faces expected but it looks like we will have to be patient.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hibs-still-in-the-market.6812867.jp

Hibs still in the market for players

Hibs boss Colin Calderwood's summer signing spree isn't over, with more new faces expected at Easter Road before the end of the current transfer window. Calderwood has already brought in Ivan Sproule, Garry O'Connor, Sean O'Hanlon and Junior Agogo but is still tracking potential signings, according to Scott Lindsay, the club's executive director.

Lindsay has taken responsibility for supporting the football organisation of the club based at their Tranent training centre, under a reshuffle which has seen Fife Hyland assume the role of managing director in charge of day-to-day activities at the stadium.

And today he revealed he's working closely with Calderwood in trying to further strengthen the Easter Road squad. However, Lindsay insisted it was the manager who had the final say when it comes to signings, disclosing that Calderwood was willing to play the "long game" to secure his intended targets.

Lindsay said: "I'm working very closely with the manager to conclude the recruitment of talent. My opinion, though, counts for nothing, his opinion counts for everything.

"The decisions on who to recruit, what type of player to recruit are entirely down to him. Once he has identified the priority positions and priority players we work very openly together in managing to squeeze the best we can out of the budget we have."

Describing transfer activity so far as "productive," Lindsay remains confident further signings will be made before the end of the month, Calderwood having pointed out the early start for the SPL had so far made it difficult for Scottish clubs to recruit from England. He told Hibs TV: "There are lots of options still open to us and we are still out there in the market and absolutely expect to secure more talent."

To that extent, Lindsay insisted, Calderwood wasn't one to make rash decisions despite continual speculation linking Hibs with various players. He said: "The manager is very determined and single-minded in his pursuit of players. Sometimes that means we have to play a patience game. He wants to work with a smaller squad so it is imperative that the individuals who come in are the right individuals, the right quality, the right characters and, critically, players who want to be here."

Callum_62
04-08-2011, 12:17 PM
From todays Scotsman new faces expected but it looks like we will have to be patient.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hibs-still-in-the-market.6812867.jp

Hibs still in the market for players

Hibs boss Colin Calderwood's summer signing spree isn't over, with more new faces expected at Easter Road before the end of the current transfer window. Calderwood has already brought in Ivan Sproule, Garry O'Connor, Sean O'Hanlon and Junior Agogo but is still tracking potential signings, according to Scott Lindsay, the club's executive director.

Lindsay has taken responsibility for supporting the football organisation of the club based at their Tranent training centre, under a reshuffle which has seen Fife Hyland assume the role of managing director in charge of day-to-day activities at the stadium.

And today he revealed he's working closely with Calderwood in trying to further strengthen the Easter Road squad. However, Lindsay insisted it was the manager who had the final say when it comes to signings, disclosing that Calderwood was willing to play the "long game" to secure his intended targets.

Lindsay said: "I'm working very closely with the manager to conclude the recruitment of talent. My opinion, though, counts for nothing, his opinion counts for everything.

"The decisions on who to recruit, what type of player to recruit are entirely down to him. Once he has identified the priority positions and priority players we work very openly together in managing to squeeze the best we can out of the budget we have."

Describing transfer activity so far as "productive," Lindsay remains confident further signings will be made before the end of the month, Calderwood having pointed out the early start for the SPL had so far made it difficult for Scottish clubs to recruit from England. He told Hibs TV: "There are lots of options still open to us and we are still out there in the market and absolutely expect to secure more talent."

To that extent, Lindsay insisted, Calderwood wasn't one to make rash decisions despite continual speculation linking Hibs with various players. He said: "The manager is very determined and single-minded in his pursuit of players. Sometimes that means we have to play a patience game. He wants to work with a smaller squad so it is imperative that the individuals who come in are the right individuals, the right quality, the right characters and, critically, players who want to be here."

All old news....just the Scott Lindsay interview that was on the HI youtube channel a few days back

Dashing Bob S
04-08-2011, 12:25 PM
A tough business for the board. When a squad is at this level of footballing perfection it's hard to see how the introduction of any new personnel would improve things.

Maybe we do need a couple of additional squad players to cover injuries/suspensions, but I'm absolutely delighted with what we already have at Easter Road.

JimBHibees
04-08-2011, 12:38 PM
All old news....just the Scott Lindsay interview that was on the HI youtube channel a few days back

Exactly what I was thinking. Very poor journalism IMO to make out as if he said that today.