PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Hyland's Hibernian Update

RSS Bot
02-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Managing Director speaks exclusively to Hibernian TV

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110802/hylands-hibernian-update_2262950_2408291)

Part 1......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9UJUAYsJw4

Billy
02-08-2011, 04:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQRpx0nh-nk

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-08-2011, 04:34 PM
:yawn:

:zzzzz!:

Mikey
02-08-2011, 04:34 PM

Is that really the best you can come up with?

Gatecrasher
02-08-2011, 04:48 PM

folk have been crying out for these types of interviews to clarify some points from the board and find out what direction the club is being taken in.

:top marks for Hibstv and the board for allowing the interviews to be viewed by all.

down-the-slope
02-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Billy your the Mutts :not worth

another good bit of communication...and glad to hear the intention is for the two exec's continuing that...and looking for more feed back.

I'm sure you can't / won't answer...but how much were you involved in pushing for this increased openess?

Speedway
02-08-2011, 04:57 PM
So all we need now is to understand where Rod and Bruce fit into the overall sharing of duties.

Dan Sarf
02-08-2011, 05:01 PM
One, hopefully polite, suggestion. Next time, don't sit him tight in the corner of the room like that - and with all that empty space above his head. It makes him look like he's been trapped.

Em, and one more polite suggestion. Keep the questions short.

Apart from that, well done IMHO. :flag:

Cropley10
02-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Very good. Delighted to hear what he had to say.

Who was doing the interviewing, out of interest?

Removed
02-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Very good. Delighted to hear what he had to say. Who was doing the interviewing, out of interest? If it's an annoying English accent then Andrew Sleight the 'new' media man

WhileTheChief..
02-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Cracking interview that gave a good insight into the club and how they think.

I didn't know about the Hibs youtube thing but great that this vid was on there. Hopefully a lot of fans watch it as it could save a lot of the misery on here!

BEEJ
02-08-2011, 06:31 PM
I thought that was excellent.

This, together with the SL interview last week, heralds a new level of openness and transparency from the new management team as they take the reigns. Well done to all concerned.

:flag:

Hibstrooper
02-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Good interview, lots of positive noises.

Feeling pretty positive for this season

oconnors_strip
02-08-2011, 06:47 PM
If it's an annoying English accent then Andrew Sleight the 'new' media man

yeah its him:rolleyes:

Tricla
02-08-2011, 07:28 PM

Hainan Hibs
02-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Haven't had the time to watch the video's yet but it's veeeery good the club is willing to do this plus put it on youtube.

People can disagree with what he says and have a moan about it, but this is a fantastic step in the right direction from Hibs.

Jonnyboy
02-08-2011, 07:43 PM

Care to expand on that?

smurf
02-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Not yet watched this but will when I get home.

I hope its as interesting and informative as the Scott Lindsay ones last week.

Well done to the club for communicating this way and doing so for all via You Tube.

Hopefully they can maintain such communications...

Saorsa
02-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Haven't had the time to watch the video's yet but it's veeeery good the club is willing to do this plus put it on youtube.

People can disagree with what he says and have a moan about it, but this is a fantastic step in the right direction from Hibs.This.

I wish they would do these things a bit sooner though and perhaps a bit more often. These ideas, statements/videos etc always seem tae be more reactive than pro-active and come out when there is a gulf developing between the fans and the board. It would be better if more was done tae stop the gulf developing in the first place and better more consistent communication is the key. As the slogan says 'together we are stronger' but there's nae use just saying it, there need tae be something tangible otherwise it's just words. It needs tae be about everybody together rather than us and them.

225-EasterRd
02-08-2011, 08:02 PM
:top marksWell done hibs, Good to hear from the men at the top. So many behind the scenes do a lot off great work, lets hear from them as well.:hibees:thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Interesting to hear that they are looking at using facebook and twitter as media vehicles.......

Hope they make the official website better as most fans I suspect would want to see this occur

snooky
02-08-2011, 09:17 PM
This.

I wish they would do these things a bit sooner though and perhaps a bit more often. These ideas, statements/videos etc always seem tae be more reactive than pro-active and come out when there is a gulf developing between the fans and the board. It would be better if more was done tae stop the gulf developing in the first place and better more consistent communication is the key. As the slogan says 'together we are stronger' but there's nae use just saying it, there need tae be something tangible otherwise it's just words. It needs tae be about everybody together rather than us and them.

I thought the interview was a breath of fresh air. That said, it should have been done ages ago.
Like you, 'Dan', I get the feeling that this is reactive rather than pro-active. Nevertheless it IS active.
I agree with most of what Fyfe said - but then, we all knew it had to be said, and should have been said, before the fans walking did the talking.
It could have saved a lot of grief on both sides.
Onward and upward, as they say. :thumbsup:

sauzee6_2
02-08-2011, 09:28 PM
One, hopefully polite, suggestion. Next time, don't sit him tight in the corner of the room like that - and with all that empty space above his head. It makes him look like he's been trapped.

Em, and one more polite suggestion. Keep the questions short.

Apart from that, well done IMHO. :flag:

I agree that this is all good info from the club, well done Hibs......

....however why is it that everythig Hibs TV touches is of very poor quality!?!
Poor framing
Poor sound quality
Poor video when played at hi res

I don't know who deals with this but this needs addressed asap! Communication is great but realistically Hibs TV is crap!

I have previously had Hibs TV membership (under old username) but did not renew due to the poor quality.

It seems to me that Hibs are getting to grips with a lot of things but the Hibs TV staff would be better off working with a 2nd div team!!!!

Sorry for the rant - just seems to have been the final straw!

CallumLaidlaw
02-08-2011, 09:40 PM
I agree that this is all good info from the club, well done Hibs......

....however why is it that everythig Hibs TV touches is of very poor quality!?!
Poor framing
Poor sound quality
Poor video when played at hi res

I don't know who deals with this but this needs addressed asap! Communication is great but realistically Hibs TV is crap!

I have previously had Hibs TV membership (under old username) but did not renew due to the poor quality.

It seems to me that Hibs are getting to grips with a lot of things but the Hibs TV staff would be better off working with a 2nd div team!!!!

Sorry for the rant - just seems to have been the final straw!

I didn't have any sound or resolution problems. Some people need to find SOMETHING to moan about tho

TheEastTerrace
02-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Finally, the club are embracing social media - a decent start.

Anyways, at least some issues are being discussed and communicated with fans. I've always said the club have to be far more open to fan engagement and there are positive moves ahead it seems to bring about two way dialogue and interaction.

Just a small point; right at the outset of pt.2, Fife states the club never reveals its ST sales - is that a recent development or is that a convenient piece of spin to hide declining sales? When TM was in charge, the club was open in stating sales as they were near record, no?

Capt Mainwaring
02-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Top marks for this and the Scott Lindsay interview.

Moving in the right direction in terms of openness, transparency and insight from the Board. We asked for this and it's being delivered.

What the noisy neighbours across the city would give for such visibility and engagement from their politburo!

Dan Sarf
02-08-2011, 10:50 PM
I didn't have any sound or resolution problems. Some people need to find SOMETHING to moan about tho

NOT moaning. Just pointing out that whoever is making these films could do a lot better. It wouldn't cost anything to make them look so much more professional. Just a bit more care and attention to detail. What's wrong with wanting the best in every department?

Pedantic_Hibee
02-08-2011, 10:56 PM
That there, that right there, is the marked difference between ourselves and our neighbours.

On the day one of the custodians of our club gives an interview for the benefit of the fans to outline, iterate and reiterate their plans, goals, roles and ambitions for the club, the custodian of Heart of Romanov Football Club dons a tracksuit with his initials emblazoned all over it and takes to the training field.

Confused supporters of Hearts of Romanov Football Club decree that as passion shown by the custodian, everyone else views it as yet another public showing of "this is my plaything and I'll do whatever the ****** I want with it".

Again, I will reiterate, our board has failings and of that we are in no doubt, but they are (belatedly albeit) taking the steps to address the indifference and the gap between supporter and fan and for all we can and justifiably do, criticise the board, at least we've not got a Romanov toying with our emotions.

As the title of this post displays, Hibernian is a woman, Hearts is a man.

Hibernian is the woman who we adore, who we can't let go of. It's the woman who more often than not lets us down, it's the woman who we give our wages to and watch her spend it on bricks, mortar, insurance policies, extended warrantys and long-term benefits when inside really we want her to buy us a new sofa, a 50 inch telly or even a short, romantic weekend in Florence. We want her to give us the cheap thrill, the impromptu trip to Alton Towers, the impulse buy to give us that sweet, impulsive feeling of joy, the spontaneous token of complicit love. But she won't do it, unless we beg, persist and moan. And when she does it, we're thankful for the mercies but quickly find something else to moan about. "Alright, pet, the new 50 inch telly is the dug's baws but we really need a TV unit to complement the look". When she gives us what we want, we lust for more. But when she gets it right, she's beautiful, she makes us want no other and parading her in public as she elegantly intertwines her fingers in ours is a badge of honour which we wear with pride; we swoon, we want to tell all and sundry that this is our woman, she's with us, we're with her, look how lucky we are. We come into a bit of money and instead of blitzing the disposable on a 5 star trip to Vegas, she goes and builds a conservatory (East Stand). We want that Vegas trip, ****** we've already packed the suitcase and checked out the weather forecast, but naw, she's went and *****ed it on a conservatory. And whilst we moan about it, we know that deep, deep down, she's done the right thing. The memories of Vegas (a wage-busting striker) will fade long before the conservatory does and if we ever sell up, that conservatory has bumped up our sale price on the house. Everyone else looks at us with envy, they know we've got our house in order, they know we pay the bills and they know that now and again we treat ourselves to a new car (a centre-back), a trip abroad (a bustling striker), they know that we're not overly flashy; they know that we sometimes mess up and buy an old antique that's actually worth ******all (Ed De Graaf), but they know that we're a relationship that is not only built on love, but a relationship that will last the test of time regardless of how stormy the waters get, purely because it's built on strong foundations.

Hearts, well, Hearts are a man. An abusive man. An abusive man who beats them to a pulp, who publicly embarrasses them, an abusive man who gets drunk in the pub, has to be louder than everyone else, challenges the local pool shark to a game for £50 (that he's borrowed of his mate) and promptly gets pumped before blaming bad lighting, noisy atmosphere, a weak pint, his wife, the creepy nonce fella in the corner (Craig Thomson) and everyone else bar himself. It's his own fault, he picked up the pool cue that's as straight as Justin Fashanu and got his erse served to him on a plate. He storms out, he kicks up a fuss. His wife pleads with him to calm down, he thumps her, rounds on her and blames her for him being shown up good and proper. He tries it on with her mates, offering them money that he can ill-afford for a cheap thrill; the wife's aware, but says nothing. He gives her £20 housekeeping and borrows thirty off her to get a freeview box for the old portable "An' where's that money gaun' then, eh?" - "Registration fees for Sky installation, darling"; he turns up with the freeview box and she says nowt, scared that he'll walk away and leave her without her weekly 20 notes to get her by. He installs the aerial, she's allowed to watch the telly at the weekend and it's sh*te, the reception's pish, she doesn't say a word. She goes out and kicks the wheelie bin (a Russian hat to you and I), he watches from the window and chuckles. "She'll never leave" he thinks to himself, she's not got the baws. She comes back up the stairs and sits in complicit silence as he watches Top Gear (Ian Black on a night out) and laughs when he laughs, scared to go against the grain. Things are going well, she toes the line, it looks like she's finally tamed him then bang, just when she gets ahead of herself, he flies in from the boozer, kicks over a few tables and chair and calls her everything under the sun; she crumples in a heap; the neighbours hear it, a couple react in shock, others know what to expect, the rest chuckle wryly and amidst her cries they say to each other "she'll no leave 'um, she's no strong enough". She wakes up, she thinks to herself "I can leave him, I'm strong enough, I can do better than this". Five minutes later he returns from the petrol station with a crap bouquet of flowers and a Wham bar (nae offence, HibbyAndy) and she swoons, gives him a cuddle and falls in love with him all over again. All is forgiven, none of the other ladies in the street get bouquets of flowers; neither do they get embarrassed, humiliated, beaten, abused, robbed and lied to every week either but she's too naive and scared to realise. This is her man, aye he's a pain in the erse most of the time but he can be really nice to her and he means well, he just fails to show it. Whilst everyone else in the street shakes their head, thanks the Lord they're no her and try to remember the good qualities she had before she met him, qualities that are long, long, long gone.

R'Albin
02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
That there, that right there, is the marked difference between ourselves and our neighbours.

On the day one of the custodians of our club gives an interview for the benefit of the fans to outline, iterate and reiterate their plans, goals, roles and ambitions for the club, the custodian of Heart of Romanov Football Club dons a tracksuit with his initials emblazoned all over it and takes to the training field.

Confused supporters of Hearts of Romanov Football Club decree that as passion shown by the custodian, everyone else views it as yet another public showing of "this is my plaything and I'll do whatever the ****** I want with it".

Again, I will reiterate, our board has failings and of that we are in no doubt, but they are (belatedly albeit) taking the steps to address the indifference and the gap between supporter and fan and for all we can and justifiably do, criticise the board, at least we've not got a Romanov toying with our emotions.

Hibernian is the woman who we adore, who we can't let go of. It's the woman who more often than not lets us down, it's the woman who we give our wages to and watch her spend it on bricks, mortar, insurance policies, extended warrantys and long-term benefits when inside really we want her to buy us a new sofa, a 50 inch telly or even a short, romantic weekend in Florence. We want her to give us the cheap thrill, the impromptu trip to Alton Towers, the impulse buy to give us that sweet, impulsive feeling of joy, the spontaneous token of complicit love. But she won't do it, unless we beg, persist and moan. And when she does it, we're thankful for the mercies but quickly find something else to moan about. "Alright, pet, the new 50 inch telly is the dug's baws but we really need a TV unit to complement the look". When she gives us what we want, we lust for more. But when she gets it right, she's beautiful, she makes us want no other and parading her in public as she elegantly intertwines her fingers in ours is a badge of honour which we wear with pride; we swoon, we want to tell all and sundry that this is our woman, she's with us, we're with her, look how lucky we are. We come into a bit of money and instead of blitzing the disposable on a 5 star trip to Vegas, she goes and builds a conservatory (East Stand). We want that Vegas trip, ****** we've already packed the suitcase and checked out the weather forecast, but naw, she's went and *****ed it on a conservatory. And whilst we moan about it, we know that deep, deep down, she's done the right thing. The memories of Vegas (a wage-busting striker) will fade long before the conservatory does and if we ever sell up, that conservatory has bumped up our sale price on the house. Everyone else looks at us with envy, they know we've got our house in order, they know we pay the bills and they know that now and again we treat ourselves to a new car (a centre-back), a trip abroad (a bustling striker), they know that we're not overly flashy; they know that we sometimes mess up and buy an old antique that's actually worth ******all (Ed De Graaf), but they know that we're a relationship that is not only built on love, but a relationship that will last the test of time regardless of how stormy the waters get, purely because it's built on strong foundations.

Hearts, well, Hearts are a man. An abusive man. An abusive man who beats them to a pulp, who publicly embarrasses them, an abusive man who gets drunk in the pub, has to be louder than everyone else, challenges the local pool shark to a game for £50 (that he's borrowed of his mate) and promptly gets pumped before blaming bad lighting, noisy atmosphere, a weak pint, his wife, the creepy nonce fella in the corner (Craig Thomson) and everyone else bar himself. It's his own fault, he picked up the pool cue that's as straight as Justin Fashanu and got his erse served to him on a plate. He storms out, he kicks up a fuss. His wife pleads with him to calm down, he thumps her, rounds on her and blames her for him being shown up good and proper. He tries it on with her mates, offering them money that he can ill-afford for a cheap thrill; the wife's aware, but says nothing. He gives her £20 housekeeping and borrows thirty off her to get a freeview box for the old portable "An' where's that money gaun' then, eh?" - "Registration fees for Sky installation, darling"; he turns up with the freeview box and she says nowt, scared that he'll walk away and leave her without her weekly 20 notes to get her by. He installs the aerial, she's allowed to watch the telly at the weekend and it's sh*te, the reception's pish, she doesn't say a word. She goes out and kicks the wheelie bin (a Russian hat to you and I), he watches from the window and chuckles. "She'll never leave" he thinks to himself, she's not got the baws. She comes back up the stairs and sits in complicit silence as he watches Top Gear (Ian Black on a night out) and laughs when he laughs, scared to go against the grain. Things are going well, she toes the line, it looks like she's finally tamed him then bang, just when she gets ahead of herself, he flies in from the boozer, kicks over a few tables and chair and calls her everything under the sun; she crumples in a heap; the neighbours hear it, a couple react in shock, others know what to expect, the rest chuckle wryly and amidst her cries they say to each other "she'll no leave 'um, she's no strong enough". She wakes up, she thinks to herself "I can leave him, I'm strong enough, I can do better than this". Five minutes later he returns from the petrol station with a crap bouquet of flowers and a Wham bar (nae offence, HibbyAndy) and she swoons, gives him a cuddle and falls in love with him all over again. All is forgiven, none of the other ladies in the street get bouquets of flowers; neither do they get embarrassed, humiliated, beaten, abused, robbed and lied to every week either but she's too naive and scared to realise. This is her man, aye he's a pain in the erse most of the time but he can be really nice to her and he means well, he just fails to show it. Whilst everyone else in the street shakes their head, thanks the Lord they're no her and try to remember the good qualities she had before she met him, qualities that are long, long, long gone.

Even better than last nights:top marks Brilliant:thumbsup:

HNA9
02-08-2011, 11:12 PM

Words fail me.

PH knows alright.

Awesome doesn't even get close enough.

Removed
02-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Words fail me.PH knows alright.Awesome doesn't even get close enough. :agree: :agree: :agree::top marks PH

smurf
02-08-2011, 11:42 PM
As with the Scott Lindsay interview last week i was impressed.:thumbsup:

Good to know that ultimately it is all about what we do as a team on the park. It was good to feel their huge frustration at our obvious failings last season. I feel that the board should have communicated in this way at the end of last summer.

Communications are key and it's great from my POV to hear that this is an area where we will see a more pro active approach.

:top marks

basehibby
03-08-2011, 02:38 AM
This.

:agree: Agreed - hopefully this is the start of a more proactive approach to keeping us fans in the picture. Great interview though - interviewer did his job well in asking the questions we've been wanting answered and Fife Hyland answered them in a way which inspires confidence. :top marks

basehibby
03-08-2011, 03:05 AM

:not worth Brilliant post which surely deserves a thread all of it's own to debate the ying and yang nature of Edinburgh football. Hibs after all could equally be a classy and exciting yet reliable and resourceful man worshiped by swathes of hysterical women (us) with the Yams being a fur coat and no knickers slapper with a massive credit card addiction kept barely within it's limits by a tribe of glaekit lovestruck cuckholds desparate to believe anything she tells them :dunno:

Hibby D
03-08-2011, 05:34 AM
:not worth Brilliant post which surely deserves a thread all of it's own to debate the ying and yang nature of Edinburgh football. Hibs after all could equally be a classy and exciting yet reliable and resourceful man worshiped by swathes of hysterical women (us) with the Yams being a fur coat and no knickers slapper with a massive credit card addiction kept barely within it's limits by a tribe of glaekit lovestruck cuckholds desparate to believe anything she tells them :dunno:

Nah I think PH got it right first time round :wink:

flash
03-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Its a great analogy by pedantic but i only needed to read it once.

machibby
03-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Great interview and glad to see the club finally wake up to what the fans have really been wanting - a real togetherness and not just a slogan. FH came across as a guy that is working exstremely hard and is ambitious for the club. Really looking forward to the Petrie interview!!?

Auckland Hibs
03-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Good interview, he comes across well and fair play to the interviewer also - his questions where pretty much on the mark.

I'll look forward to the next one.

:flag:

Beefster
03-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Fair play to Fyfe and Hibs. They seem to be keen to address a lot of the 'failings' that a few of us have spoken about on here. I hope they follow through and it benefits the club and support.

Forza Fred
03-08-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't think anyone could realistically have anything other than positives to say about this interview process...any type of communication is better than none.

A couple of quick points though

Fife stated that 'Hibs dont comment on speculation''but very soon after said that it was necessary for the chariman to issue a statement clarifying the situation about the managber as there had been a lot of slily speculation during the close season...

And I lost count of the number of times the interviewer used the word óbviously'

Other than that..keep it up and thanks to the orignal poster for putting it up here.

Hainan Hibs
03-08-2011, 10:37 AM
This.

Agree with that:agree: