PDA

View Full Version : Yams Vlad's mastersroke.

Jim44
02-08-2011, 12:48 PM
According to the BBC news, FJK has told Vlad to stuff his upstairs job. However, surely Vlad thinks he has played an ace by offering him 'promotion'. No compensation for Jeffries now? :dunno:

oneone73
02-08-2011, 12:56 PM
According to the BBC news, FJK has told Vlad to stuff his upstairs job. However, surely Vlad thinks he has played an ace by offering him 'promotion'. No compensation for Jeffries now? :dunno:

It would still be constructive dismissal.

jgl07
02-08-2011, 12:58 PM

That one will not wash.

You cannot change the terms of a contract without compensation. JJ can simply call 'constructive dismissal' and walk.

I wish JJ well in trying to get any compensation though. They will probably be in administration before the case is resolved.

Did Rix, Fireworks Phil, and any of their other sacked staff ever get paid?

down-the-slope
02-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Real integrity would be NOT signing a gagging order....wonder how that will go :rolleyes:

Caversham Green
02-08-2011, 01:29 PM

I note what other posters have said, but I think the offer could compromise any claim for compo - it depends on the terms of his original contract and the new post. After all, the terms of Scott Lindsay's employment have changed recently and he doesn't seem to be chasing any compo.

Real integrity would be NOT signing a gagging order....wonder how that will go :rolleyes:

I think the gagging order is likely to be written into his original contract. If he's not getting any compo, they have no leverage to get him to sign.

Vlad: "you're sacked, Fatty - sign this" :deal:

Fat Jim: "Naw, yer awright Mr Romanov sir" pulls out the mobile he had in the changing room "Hullo, is that the Daily Record?"

down-the-slope
02-08-2011, 01:36 PM
I note what other posters have said, but I think the offer could compromise any claim for compo - it depends on the terms of his original contract and the new post. After all, the terms of Scott Lindsay's employment have changed recently and he doesn't seem to be chasing any compo.

I think the gagging order is likely to be written into his original contract. If he's not getting any compo, they have no leverage to get him to sign.

Vlad: "you're sacked, Fatty - sign this" :deal:

Fat Jim: "Naw, yer awright Mr Romanov sir" pulls out the mobile he had in the changing room "Hullo, is that the Daily Record?"

Cav..lets assume you are right and initial contract was with the Devil & in blood so no dishing the dirt.....however such legal agreement could in theory be overridden if JJ was to bring 'illegal' activities to the attention of relevent authorities (whistleblowing legislation)

:greengrin now that would be a new attraction at the circus