Booth

Wotherspoon
Stevenson
Scott
Galbraith

Sproule
Crawford
-------------------
Bring O'Connor and that on at half time!

2-0 Hibs, Crawford and O'Connor.

:cgwa :flag: :hibees

Albion Hibs
02-08-2011, 11:09 AM
This is a tough one for me as we wont get away with chucking out a reserve team at home I would have thought. At the same time the risk of an injury is not a welcome prospect. I think we will go for a very varied team, hopefully a large degree of rotation, maybe the first team for the 1st half and then start bringing them off in the second and give the likes of Crawford, Caldwell, Gabraith, O'Hanlon and De Graff a bit of match time.

In any event I would go with below some of the second half changes in brackets;

Stack (Brown)

Palsson (Hart) / Stephens / Hanlon (O'Hanlon) / Booth (Smith)

Sproule (Wotherspoon) / Murray (Scott) / Thornhill (De Graff) / Stevenson (Crawford) / Wotherspoon (Galbraith)

O'Conner (Agogo)

I would give Stephens the whole game as it is likely he may get dropped for our next league match, Wotherspoon I would also play for 60+ mins as I think he needs more game time to build up some confidence.

Franck is God
02-08-2011, 11:29 AM
I think we have to treat it very much like a friendly/practice match and in no way a competetive game. We'll probably only be allowed to use 6 or 7 subs depending whats agreed between the two teams.

First Half
Brown

Hart---Stephens---Hanlon---Booth

Palsson
Wotherspoon---Thornhill

Sproule----------------Galbraith
O'Connor

Second Half

Antell

Hart---Stephens---Murray---Smith

Horner
DeGraaf-----Stevenson

Crawford-------------------Galbraith
Agogo

--------
02-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I think we have to treat it very much like a friendly/practice match and in no way a competetive game. We'll probably only be allowed to use 6 or 7 subs depending whats agreed between the two teams.

First Half
Brown

Hart---Stephens---Hanlon---Booth

Palsson
Wotherspoon---Thornhill

Sproule----------------Galbraith
O'Connor

Second Half

Antell

Hart---Stephens---Murray---Smith

Horner
DeGraaf-----Stevenson

Crawford-------------------Galbraith
Agogo

Can't see Hart lasting 90 minutes - he'll be run ragged in 30 if you ask me.

But whatever the details of the line-ups are, I think you're right - CC will use the game to give as many players as possible game time, and possibly experiment with formations too.

I don't think we should be at all bothered about the score, frankly. As you say, this is a friendly practice match and nothing else. Preparation for more important matters to come.

Albion Hibs
02-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Can't see Hart lasting 90 minutes - he'll be run ragged in 30 if you ask me.

But whatever the details of the line-ups are, I think you're right - CC will use the game to give as many players as possible game time, and possibly experiment with formations too.

I don't think we should be at all bothered about the score, frankly. As you say, this is a friendly practice match and nothing else. Preparation for more important matters to come.

Agree the score does not matter and priority has to be avoiding injury, but think we will have to field a team if we are asking for a few quid to get in. Regardless seems worth it, Sunderland have added quite a bit this year and always enjoy the chance to see and EPL team at Easter Road.

down-the-slope
02-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Team :

Stack

Palsson
Stephens
Murray (C)
Booth

Wotherspoon
Stevenson
Scott
Galbraith

Sproule
Crawford
-------------------
Bring O'Connor and that on at half time!

2-0 Hibs, Crawford and O'Connor.

:cgwa :flag: :hibees
Murray & Stephens were absolute murder against Barnsley at CH....not a partnership with any potential (other than leaking goals)

Do think Scott / Galbraith / Eddie / Hart will all get match time for a combination of match fitness for some and shop window for others

Wotherspiniesta
02-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Whatever the team I'd like to see the following players given a good run out:

Crawford
Galbraith
Taggart
Agogo

Think Sunderland will be too good for us. 3-1 to them.

Speedway
02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
With various first teamers coming on, I think we might see:

Cow

Murder
Denzil
Skips
Photo

The Terrible
Mate's kid
Mint
Walter

Hugo
Betty

we are hibs
02-08-2011, 05:52 PM
is the game pay at the gate

Lost_Mackem
02-08-2011, 05:55 PM
I really cannot wait for this now. :)

Going to be a long day for me, got to get a bus from my hometown through to the Stadium of Light at 7am, bus leaves Sunderland at 9am and then it'll be a good 3 hour journey north.

Never been to Edinburgh before so me and my mate are really looking forward to it. :)

greenlex
02-08-2011, 05:55 PM
With various first teamers coming on, I think we might see:

Cow

Murder
Denzil
Skips
Photo

The Terrible
Mate's kid
Mint
Walter

Hugo
Betty
:thumbsup: Been waiting ages.

--------
02-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Agree the score does not matter and priority has to be avoiding injury, but think we will have to field a team if we are asking for a few quid to get in. Regardless seems worth it, Sunderland have added quite a bit this year and always enjoy the chance to see and EPL team at Easter Road.

Oh yes. Even Petrie would surely think twice before putting out a team made up of three Hibs' Kids, a couple of tea-ladies, two lads who were just passing who happened to have their football boots with them, and the first three supporters through the turnstiles into the East Stand and the guy who announces the lucky numbers at half-time - and then charging admission.

I would assume CC will play a fairly strong team first half, then start substituting after half-time so that as many players as possible get game-time.

And though I do say that the score doesn't matter THAT much, we don't want to take an absolute drubbing.

Dashing Bob S
02-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Didn't even realise there was a game - I thought this had already taken place. Is it tomorrow, at ER? If so, what an utterly pointless exercise. Are they charging money to get in?

SteveHFC
02-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Brown

Taggart Stephens Hanlon Murray

De Graaf Horner Stevenson Galbraith

Crawford Agogo