View Full Version : Yams Sergio

dp00
02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Just read on sky sports app that hearts have appointed this Sergio character

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easty
02-08-2011, 11:01 AM
From a Yam mate of mine....

He's friends with Vilas Boas, so they're maybe getting players in on loan from Chelsea once they've chosen their 25 man squad for the season.

He only agreed to become manager when Romanov agreed to re-sign, his mate, Bruno Aguair.

:faf:

heretoday
02-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Just because he's Portugese, Mr Romanov, doesn't mean he's a special one.........

......and if he is he won't hang around Gorgski for long!

Camo
02-08-2011, 11:17 AM
To be honest,

Not too fussed it has happened, More fussed about the timing. We were lucky to finish third, we didn't perform after xmas.

Vlad's nuts, he'll do what he wants but at least there was a ready made appointment there to go.

Seems to have a decent pedigree see what happens.

Such is the life of being a Hearts fan.

Meh. See what happens.

Golden Bear
02-08-2011, 11:26 AM
To be honest,

Not too fussed it has happened, More fussed about the timing. We were lucky to finish third, we didn't perform after xmas.

Vlad's nuts, he'll do what he wants but at least there was a ready made appointment there to go.

Meh. See what happens.

The truth is that it doesn't matter who is appointed as the gulf between the Old Firm and the seemingly endless resources of the huge gigantic team is far too big to offer a realistic challenge over the course of a season.

Keith_M
02-08-2011, 11:31 AM

Yogi and JJ, two of a kind?

FWIW, I thought JJ was going to turn you lot around but was was hamstrung by a lack of decent signings. Only an opinion from across the road.

As you say though, really bad timing, surely.

Part/Time Supporter
02-08-2011, 11:44 AM
To be honest,

Meh. See what happens.

If that was the case, why didn't Romanov hunt Jefferies in May? That would have made more sense than letting him build a team for 2011/12 of players (Grainger, Taouil, Hamill, Sutton) that this Portuguese gadgie has probably never heard of.

Silly me, the season tickets were on sale then.

:wink:

Camo
02-08-2011, 11:56 AM
The truth is that it doesn't matter who is appointed as the gulf between the Old Firm and the seemingly endless resources of the huge gigantic team is far too big to offer a realistic challenge over the course of a season.

QUOTE=Camo;2876483]....

Yogi and JJ, two of a kind?

FWIW, I thought JJ was going to turn you lot around but was was hamstrung by a lack of decent signings. Only an opinion from across the road.

As you say though, really bad timing, surely.[/QUOTE]

I think Romanov's problem is that he could see JJ lacked ambition against the OF.

JJ knows how big the gulf between us and them is and Romanov refuses to believe it.

I think JJ will always fear the OF, he will never attack them when we play them and it's been like that since 1995.

All the best to him in the future, hopefully Sergio will have a few tricks up his sleeve ala Burley.

If not we'll be fighting for it again.

Kato
02-08-2011, 12:03 PM

What makes his pedigree decent?

The_Horde
02-08-2011, 12:33 PM

He's managed a 'big team' before?

Camo
02-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Compared to the rest of the diddies we've had he's Pep Guardiola

easty
02-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Compared to the rest of the diddies we've had he's Pep Guardiolas best mates hairdresser

Aye that's probably about right.

Kato
02-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Compared to the rest of the diddies we've had he's Pep Guardiola

Aye, barry.

Straight face.

You said he has a decent pedigree. Unless you mean he's entered Crufts at some point - what, in his managerial history, makes you say this.

I'll tell you my theory why VR has picked up on him. He'll make a good beard - the Fax Machine will in charge again and this guy, unlike Jim Jaffacakeface, won't make waves.

Hibernian Verse
02-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Kato, if a former Sporting Lisbon manager (no matter how long he lasted) had just been appointed here I think we'd be saying he had a decent pedigree. Just because he's a Hearts fan doesn't make him wrong necessarily :wink:

(((Fergus)))
02-08-2011, 01:29 PM
To be honest,

Meh. See what happens.

:vladsheep:

LeithBoozy
02-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Vlad will think the guy was born in the same country as Jose Mourinho, so must be a good one. :greengrin

jdships
02-08-2011, 03:21 PM
PS Played for eleven clubs in a seventeen year career while this will be the seventh club he has coached/managed since 2003 .:greengrin
Appears to have a very short shelf life :wink:
Watch this space !! :aok: