PDA

View Full Version : Flags for Tynie...

FromTheCapital
02-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Heard someone mention a "In Vlad we trust!" flag, that would be funny.

Any ideas?

:flag:

hibsfootballer
02-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Fat Vlad Knew or Where's Wallace?

Ryan91
02-08-2011, 11:10 AM
"The Submariner gets what the Submariner wants"?
"Vlads in town, something's about to go down"?
I'll probably be back with more later.

maturehibby
02-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Cant claim originallity of this as I saw it elsewhere on here but
Vladimir Romanov Hibernian Supporters Club
sticks out by a mile to me and will really noise them up

CallumHibs07
02-08-2011, 12:34 PM
This :top marks

Sodje_18
02-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Fat Vlad Knew or Where's Wallace?
:tsk tsk:

Best option by a country mile imo :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
02-08-2011, 01:01 PM

Has to be done.

LeithBoozy
02-08-2011, 01:09 PM
How about.........VLAD OWN'S THE YAMS
HIBS OWN THE CAPITAL

Hakim Sar
02-08-2011, 01:12 PM
"we are all mafia"

or

"you tolerated rix"

or

"we are all Vladimir Romanov"

(in the same vein as Cleptic say we are all Neil Lennon"

California-Hibs
02-08-2011, 01:16 PM
:tsk tsk:

Best option by a country mile imo agree:

Agreed, this is definatly a must! Please someone make this, I would definatly contribute!

Lofarl
02-08-2011, 01:18 PM

This

Sodje_18
02-08-2011, 01:19 PM

This
That would be class! But would prefer it more like a flag than a banner :aok:

R'Albin
02-08-2011, 01:20 PM

This

Yeah:agree::thumbsup:

Ryan91
02-08-2011, 01:21 PM
I think the Vladimir Romanov Hibernian Supporter's Club is a great one, that will really get on a few Yammish nerves.

DAVE1875
02-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Trouble is there will be a few Yams reading this right now, yes you wee Yam appearing as a "guest" I'm talking about you, and will therefore already know about this, word will get aroundand it will have less impact on them.

Great idea though

nickwhibs
02-08-2011, 01:34 PM

This

:top marks

Lofarl
02-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Its not my design btw. A guy on the Facebook group made it. I'm sure we could all chip in and get it made.

Ryan91
02-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Any ideas as to how much it would cost to be effective? Think we're talking at least £100 here.

Sodje_18
02-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Trouble is there will be a few Yams reading this right now, yes you wee Yam appearing as a "guest" I'm talking about you, and will therefore already know about this, word will get aroundand it will have less impact on them.

Great idea though
:faf::faf::faf:
Yams can't read :greengrin

WarringtonHibee
02-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Its not my design btw. A guy on the Facebook group made it. I'm sure we could all chip in and get it made.

I knocked it together last night, got the hi-res files just incase we make it. :wink:

hibsbollah
02-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Something linking the McRaes battalion with paedophilia should go down well.

Ryan91
02-08-2011, 03:21 PM
would we make it a flag by returning a new line or two for the text or do we keep it as a banner?

as a flag make it rectangular - dimensions width: 2m length: 3m (approx. £300 from mrflag.com)

as a banner again rectangular but more stretched dimensions width: 6 m length: 1m

Hibrandenburg
02-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Something linking the McRaes battalion with paedophilia should go down well.

Ouch!

hibsbollah
02-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Ouch! ...although in today's nanny state world the PC Brigade will probably ban this kind of harmless banter.

carnoustiehibee
02-08-2011, 03:51 PM
"we are all mafia"

or

"you tolerated rix"

or

"we are all Vladimir Romanov"

(in the same vein as Cleptic say we are all Neil Lennon"

If you tolerate rix, then your children will be next" by the manic street preachers should be sung

FromTheCapital
02-08-2011, 03:51 PM

This
:top marks

FromTheCapital
02-08-2011, 03:53 PM

Great idea though
Not everyone will know though...:greengrin

cwilliamson85
02-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Instead of flags why dont we all wear Romanov masks to the game.

Bostonhibby
02-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Are you still here?

As in at tiny, or at all?

California-Hibs
02-08-2011, 08:49 PM

This

That as a flag would be suuuperb! We've needed to do this for a very long time! Is this a go ahead then? I'm sure folk would chip in to get it made :agree:

Removed
02-08-2011, 08:58 PM
...although in today's nanny state world the PC Brigade will probably ban this kind of harmless banter. :agree: or simply just search them at the turnstiles and confiscate any flags or banners :grr:

Jonnyboy
02-08-2011, 08:59 PM
"We're from the Capital, you're from Midlothian"

:wink:

Ryan91
02-08-2011, 09:33 PM
That as a flag would be suuuperb! We've needed to do this for a very long time! Is this a go ahead then? I'm sure folk would chip in to get it made

Having had a look around, it looks like we could get a 2m by 3m flag for just under £300, if we wanted to double that up (4m by 6m) we're talking nearly 3 times that. Having said that though, surely there are guys on the Bounce and on here who would be able to put us in touch with whoever it is that made the .net flag (the one that's a giant Hibs top) and the bounce and famous five flags.

Anyone got any more information?

Sodje_18
02-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Think doing both could be class :greengrin

007 Mickey Weir
02-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Someone should get actual costs and timescale to produce it. Maybe could be donated to 12th man after Derby. I would chip in.

LeithBoozy
02-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Its a pity the mad submariner was not German, we could have got one with the boat wriitten on it.
DA BOOT. :wink:

Mixu62
03-08-2011, 12:46 AM
A picture of the pie man with the caption "and you thought I was nuts!" underneath.

HibeeMassive
03-08-2011, 06:51 AM

That's my favourite !!

Carheenlea
03-08-2011, 07:32 AM
A picture of the pie man with the caption "and you thought I was nuts!" underneath.

I like this one.

hfc-1875
03-08-2011, 02:37 PM
HMFC - Employing paedophiles's since 1874.

CropleyWasGod
03-08-2011, 02:49 PM
HMFC - Employing paedophiles's since 1874.

... if you do, please don't do a Celtc. Spell it right :greengrin

Hibercelona
03-08-2011, 02:58 PM
:singing: "He's one of our owwwn!.... He's one of our ooooooowwwwwn! Vladimir Romanov.... he's one of our owwwwn!" :singing:

mickki40
04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
This has been bandied out before, the chances of it happening are very poor.
1. The stewards will not let us in with it, even if we have a fire certificate.
2. The P.C Brigade will not let us in with it.
3. The Polis will not let us in with it.

Here's how we do it though.

On e bay there is a link here
http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+the_alphabet_letter_a_light_tshirt,484122378

There are 33 letters in the banner. We each 33 individuals who are definately off to tynie buy a t shirt each. Spelling it out. we go through the turnstiles and meet in the concourse.
We all file into the stadium and stand on a pre determined row and spell it out.

Anyone up for it send me a mail to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk. If we get 33 names I will co-ordinate who needs to buy what letter. Meet at the Murrayfield hotel on the day and stay with the corteo to the ground
This will give us time to arrange who stands next to who. Get sending us your names. GGTTH. Also can I ask you alll very carefull to watch 12th man facebook page please for other stuff that will be happening on Derby Day. GGTTH.

alternatively we all buy a cheapo white t shirt and add this

hfc_chris
04-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Love the rod idea... no way we could sneak these in? :greengrin

http://i56.tinypic.com/2rwlsux.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/1gj8ls.jpg

Sir David Gray
05-08-2011, 04:24 PM

I was thinking about that idea the other day. I don't see why we can't do both.

Both excellent ideas. :agree:

This has been bandied out before, the chances of it happening are very poor.
1. The stewards will not let us in with it, even if we have a fire certificate.
2. The P.C Brigade will not let us in with it.
3. The Polis will not let us in with it.

Here's how we do it though.

On e bay there is a link here

There are 33 letters in the banner. We each 33 individuals who are definately off to tynie buy a t shirt each. Spelling it out. we go through the turnstiles and meet in the concourse.
We all file into the stadium and stand on a pre determined row and spell it out.

Anyone up for it send me a mail to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk. If we get 33 names I will co-ordinate who needs to buy what letter. Meet at the Murrayfield hotel on the day and stay with the corteo to the ground
This will give us time to arrange who stands next to who. Get sending us your names. GGTTH. Also can I ask you alll very carefull to watch 12th man facebook page please for other stuff that will be happening on Derby Day. GGTTH.

alternatively we all buy a cheapo white t shirt and add this

Why would we need a fire certificate to take in a banner/flag? There's banners brought in all the time to Tynecastle for derbies and none of them are ever confiscated, as long as the content is clean.

Why would the PC brigade get involved? There's absolutely nothing that any Hibs supporter could find offensive about a bunch of Hibs fans bringing in a banner about Vladimir Romanov, just a few weeks after he's sacked a Hearts legend as the manager.

Lastly, why would the police care? There would be no illegal/controversial content on the flag/banner.

This, along with the Romanov face masks, is exactly the type of display that the singing section/12th man (whatever you want to call them) should be organising for derby matches.

California-Hibs
05-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I was thinking about that idea the other day. I don't see why we can't do both.

Both excellent ideas. :agree:

Why would we need a fire certificate to take in a banner/flag? There's banners brought in all the time to Tynecastle for derbies and none of them are ever confiscated, as long as the content is clean.

Why would the PC brigade get involved? There's absolutely nothing that any Hibs supporter could find offensive about a bunch of Hibs fans bringing in a banner about Vladimir Romanov, just a few weeks after he's sacked a Hearts legend as the manager.

Lastly, why would the police care? There would be no illegal/controversial content on the flag/banner.

This, along with the Romanov face masks, is exactly the type of display that the singing section/12th man (whatever you want to call them) should be organising for derby matches.

Agreed!:agree: C'mon, we can get a flag made folks lets do it!

mickki40
05-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Agreed!:agree: C'mon, we can get a flag made folks lets do it!

OK Imagine the scene... a jumped up steward at the turnstiles wants to see your fire certificate, you don't have one. You get rejected after spending x amount on the flag. Surely this will not happen. YES IT DOES. Twice last season. Rangers away and St Johnstone. Also a flag on a stick can only be 1 metre long. When we were bringing the Flags in for the Celtic game we had to clear them with the club first. We turned up at the Turnstile... and yes... a Steward at Hibs asked if the poles were a metre or less. It's unfortunate that the jobsworths out there are stifling the support. I would want that Banner in Tynie asap guys. All I am saying is, is it worth the outlay to be possibly turned away? Or raise funds and do another that will be guaranteed to get in.

California-Hibs
05-08-2011, 11:54 PM
OK Imagine the scene... a jumped up steward at the turnstiles wants to see your fire certificate, you don't have one. You get rejected after spending x amount on the flag. Surely this will not happen. YES IT DOES. Twice last season. Rangers away and St Johnstone. Also a flag on a stick can only be 1 metre long. When we were bringing the Flags in for the Celtic game we had to clear them with the club first. We turned up at the Turnstile... and yes... a Steward at Hibs asked if the poles were a metre or less. It's unfortunate that the jobsworths out there are stifling the support. I would want that Banner in Tynie asap guys. All I am saying is, is it worth the outlay to be possibly turned away? Or raise funds and do another that will be guaranteed to get in.

And if it comes to that then so be it, the flag can still get an airing at Easter Road everyweek along with all the other regular flags. Therefore it will not have been a waste of money and can also be used for when we play them at Easter Road..:agree:

mickki40
08-08-2011, 11:22 AM
And if it comes to that then so be it, the flag can still get an airing at Easter Road everyweek along with all the other regular flags. Therefore it will not have been a waste of money and can also be used for when we play them at Easter Road..:agree:

Like I said before. I want to see that banner in Swiney just like anyone else. If the person who brings it in gets turned away then make sure that they have a place to store it within an easy distance from the ground. That way they don't miss the game whilst looking to store a flag. I am sure that the new storage facility will be happy to store the new flag within the grounds of the east stand. GGTTH

Thomson1875
08-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Is anyone thinking about getting this going? As said may not get it in, im sure barmy flags would do it for about 150 quid.

RickyS
08-08-2011, 02:30 PM
I have a few contacts in the screen printing world. i will get some prices.
i saw 2m x 3m mentioned, is there a preferred size?

hibeedonald
08-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Wrap it round your body so if you get your pockets felt nothing will bulge :aok:

Jack
08-08-2011, 09:39 PM
This has been bandied out before, the chances of it happening are very poor.1. The stewards will not let us in with it, even if we have a fire certificate.2. The P.C Brigade will not let us in with it.3. The Polis will not let us in with it.Here's how we do it though.On e bay there is a link herehttp://www.cafepress.co.uk/+the_alphabet_letter_a_light_tshirt,484122378There are 33 letters in the banner. We each 33 individuals who are definately off to tynie buy a t shirt each. Spelling it out. we go through the turnstiles and meet in the concourse.We all file into the stadium and stand on a pre determined row and spell it out.Anyone up for it send me a mail to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk. If we get 33 names I will co-ordinate who needs to buy what letter. Meet at the Murrayfield hotel on the day and stay with the corteo to the ground This will give us time to arrange who stands next to who. Get sending us your names. GGTTH. Also can I ask you alll very carefull to watch 12th man facebook page please for other stuff that will be happening on Derby Day. GGTTH.alternatively we all buy a cheapo white t shirt and add thishttp://www.cafepress.co.uk/+the_alphabet_letter_a_light_tshirt,484122378 Can I suggest you have blank t-shirts for the spaces?

blairwallace
09-08-2011, 01:00 AM

THIS! :faf:

although the 'Midlothian' would need to have the quotation marks

mickki40
09-08-2011, 02:57 AM
Can I suggest you have blank t-shirts for the spaces?

Good shout.