PDA

View Full Version : Where do we want the Singing Section ticket allocation to be at the Derby on 28th Aug

Hibs12thMan
02-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Hibs had a great 12thMan at Inverness on Saturday and the official website lauded their efforts with the words "from the hundreds of supporters who had made the arduous trek North and full credit to the contingent that kept singing throughout. The vocal encouragement spurred Hibernian on to record our first win in the Highlands - a magical afternoon and the first win of the new campaign."

We would like to give the players the same support at Tynecastle on Sunday 28th August. One way to ensure would be to advertise a specific area of our allocation as Singing Section. If this was possible are we able to tell the club where in our allocation we would want this section?

Whilst we are sure our entire allocation will be singing for ninety minutes :greengrin I think we acknowledge that every support has a smaller group that starts up the majority of the songs and that it makes sense for these folk to stand together?

Let us know your thoughts soon - we need to go back to the Hibs FC Ticket Office Manager by tomorrow

Jack
02-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Hibs had a great 12thMan at Inverness on Saturday and the official website lauded their efforts with the words "from the hundreds of supporters who had made the arduous trek North and full credit to the contingent that kept singing throughout. The vocal encouragement spurred Hibernian on to record our first win in the Highlands - a magical afternoon and the first win of the new campaign."

We would like to give the players the same support at Tynecastle on Sunday 28th August. One way to ensure would be to advertise a specific area of our allocation as Singing Section. If this was possible are we able to tell the club where in our allocation we would want this section?

Whilst we are sure our entire allocation will be singing for ninety minutes :greengrin I think we acknowledge that every support has a smaller group that starts up the majority of the songs and that it makes sense for these folk to stand together?

Let us know your thoughts soon - we need to go back to the Hibs FC Ticket Office Manager by tomorrow

Did it work last year? If so same again from Judith and her team :greengrin

kennyh
02-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Slap bang in the middle up the back

sambajustice
02-08-2011, 09:31 AM
everywhere

Kojock
02-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Section N :wink:

Ryan91
02-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Probably best to have the singng section in a central location, front or back of stand does not matter.

California-Hibs
02-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Slap bang in the middle of the stand, half way up!

mickki40
02-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Eithere next to section N by the asbestos stand. or Slap bang middle of the area. It never worked really last year because although the allocation was supposed to be specific to singers. Lots of people went there and never sang at all. If the Ticket office makes sure that a sign is put in the window saying do not buy for this area if you are not singing for 90 minutes etc. Or just communicate it to supporters that want singing to ask for a specific area allocated. I am sure the whole stand will sing eventually if the Singers are in the Middle of the crowd. We can be infectious in a nice way.

.Sean.
02-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Section G would be an experience.

marinello59
02-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Eithere next to section N by the asbestos stand. or Slap bang middle of the area. It never worked really last year because although the allocation was supposed to be specific to singers. Lots of people went there and never sang at all. If the Ticket office makes sure that a sign is put in the window saying do not buy for this area if you are not singing for 90 minutes etc. Or just communicate it to supporters that want singing to ask for a specific area allocated. I am sure the whole stand will sing eventually if the Singers are in the Middle of the crowd. We can be infectious in a nice way.

I think if the singing section was allocated the middle then plenty of people will ask for it anyway so they are guaranteed not to be in the wings, it's always a mystery where you will be sitting at Tynecastle until you receive your ticket. To be honest Tynie is probably the one game a dedicated singing section is not required.

Removed
02-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I think if the singing section was allocated the middle then plenty of people will ask for it anyway so they are guaranteed not to be in the wings, it's always a mystery where you will be sitting at Tynecastle until you receive your ticket. To be honest Tynie is probably the one game a dedicated singing section is not required.Problem is how do you do it online. They start selling tickets from the no mates seat nearest the asbestos stand. Those that but first should have a pick of tany seat they want. You can do it for the theatre easily so how hard can it be Ticketmaster? What are we paying our £1.50 for?

R'Albin
02-08-2011, 11:48 AM
I think if the singing section was allocated the middle then plenty of people will ask for it anyway so they are guaranteed not to be in the wings, it's always a mystery where you will be sitting at Tynecastle until you receive your ticket. To be honest Tynie is probably the one game a dedicated singing section is not required.

:agree:

Keith_M
02-08-2011, 11:48 AM
The section at the front of the stand is not ideal, IMO, because the sound isn't amplified by the surroundings. I'd say right at the back of the stand would be best.

However, as others have said, this is one of the few places we really need to allocate a Singing Section. It pretty much takes care of itself.

How about a Sober Section? Now THAT would be unusual :wink:

marinello59
02-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Problem is how do you do it online. They start selling tickets from the no mates seat nearest the asbestos stand. Those that but first should have a pick of tany seat they want. You can do it for the theatre easily so how hard can it be Ticketmaster? What are we paying our £1.50 for?

Convenience.:faf:
(The convenience of getting allocated any old seat they want and then either paying another fiver for postage or even better, queuing at ER to pick up your tickets behind punters who don't have to pay the handling charge. )

ArabHibee
02-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Where do we want the Singing Section ticket allocation to be at the Derby on 28th Aug?

The Wheatfield Stand? :dunno:

:greengrin

Keith_M
02-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Where do we want the Singing Section ticket allocation to be at the Derby on 28th Aug?

The Wheatfield Stand? :dunno:

:greengrin

That would be fun, I'm all for it!

down-the-slope
02-08-2011, 11:58 AM
The section at the front of the stand is not ideal, IMO, because the sound isn't amplified by the surroundings. I'd say right at the back of the stand would be best.

However, as others have said, this is one of the few places we really need to allocate a Singing Section. It pretty much takes care of itself.

How about a Sober Section? Now THAT would be unusual :wink:

Do they let you in sober?

:faf:

Hibs12thMan
02-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks for your feedback. Here's the proposed wording of our response

Judith

Based on our experience last year, we would like an allocation of 200 which would not be initially sold to anyone other than specifically requests "a seat in the Singing Section"

This allocation should be situated towards the rear of our overall allocation and placed centre in that group. Siting singers in this location should act as a catalyst for the rest of our support to join in with the songs and create a real derby atmosphere

Hibby Regards
Hibs12thMan

We will not send this off until later today so feel free to propose amendments. Remember folks this section is aimed at those who want to start songs and sing for 90minutes so if that's you please make sure you request a seat in that area

ArabHibee
02-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks for your feedback. Here's the proposed wording of our response JudithBased on our experience last year, we would like an allocation of 200 which would not be initially sold to anyone other than specifically requests "a seat in the Singing Section"This allocation should be situated towards the rear of our overall allocation and placed centre in that group. Siting singers in this location should act as a catalyst for the rest of our support to join in with the songs and create a real derby atmosphereHibby RegardsHibs12thManWe will not send this off until later today so feel free to propose amendments. Remember folks this section is aimed at those who want to start songs and sing for 90minutes so if that's you please make sure you request a seat in that area Maybe starting with a "Dear Judith" rather than a "Judith" and some full stops for starters.:wink:

Keith_M
02-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Maybe starting with a "Dear Judith" rather than a "Judith" and some full stops for starters.:wink:

I thought there already was someone called PedanticHibee. Are you challenging for the title? :wink:

marinello59
02-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks for your feedback. Here's the proposed wording of our response

Judith

Based on our experience last year, we would like an allocation of 200 which would not be initially sold to anyone other than specifically requests "a seat in the Singing Section"

This allocation should be situated towards the rear of our overall allocation and placed centre in that group. Siting singers in this location should act as a catalyst for the rest of our support to join in with the songs and create a real derby atmosphere

Hibby Regards
Hibs12thMan

We will not send this off until later today so feel free to propose amendments. Remember folks this section is aimed at those who want to start songs and sing for 90minutes so if that's you please make sure you request a seat in that area

A guaranteed central rear seat? I predict that the first 200 ST holders in the queue will declare themselves singers.:greengrin

Removed
02-08-2011, 12:30 PM
I thought there already was someone called PedanticHibee. Are you challenging for the title? :wink: :agree: and she should have changed her name to SemanticHibee by now :wink:

Dunbar Hibee
02-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Do the tickets come out tomorrow?

LancashireHibby
02-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Was in the Singing Section there last year and I don't think it really worked being at the front - not particularly bothered about the position of the seating, but it has to be towards the back of the stand to make it work.

mickki40
03-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Was in the Singing Section there last year and I don't think it really worked being at the front - not particularly bothered about the position of the seating, but it has to be towards the back of the stand to make it work.

Agreed.... some folks seem to remember a wall of sound, as I recall it was dire. Different sections of the stand singing their own stuff. It was sporadic as well when we all sang together. A massive chorus of Hail Hail, then different songs from different folks for the next 25 mins. Keep a hardcore together and the rest will follow... Leith san siro seven zero whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oh whoahhhhhhhhhhhhoh whoahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Gonna bounce this year