PDA

View Full Version : Hearts Close Club Shop in St James Centre

Gala Foxes
02-08-2011, 06:56 AM
apologies if this has already been posted - Hearts have shut down their club shop in St James Centre, all the fittings etc have been ripped out over the past week, all that is left is a print on the wall of some players celebrating (probably celebrating the fact that their wages have hit their bank accounts)

Seems that the big club, with apparently the largest support in the Universe, cant support a shop on the Sunny-side of the Capital

Part/Time Supporter
02-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Hardly surprising, if anything I'm surprised it lasted that long. Presumably they were running it at a loss out of some sense of prestige / pride at having a city centre outlet. I must have gone past that shop 100 times and I can't recall there ever being more customers than staff in there.

hailhail22
02-08-2011, 07:46 AM
sure there was a thread about this last week :aok: but yes saw this yesturday when i was there :faf: :bye:

Part/Time Supporter
02-08-2011, 07:49 AM
sure there was a thread about this last week :aok: but yes saw this yesturday when i was there :faf: :bye:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?214272-Hearts-shop-closed&p=2869182

steakbake
02-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Fairly sure that towards the end, you could only use cash in there. Not that I ever bought any of their tat.

Mind you, the Celtic shop is up for lease as well. Perhaps the message is that even big clubs (bigger that we can even imagine) find it hard to hawk football shirts from an Edinburgh city central retail location?

Hibernia Na Eir
02-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Fairly sure that towards the end, you could only use cash in there. Not that I ever bought any of their tat. Mind you, the Celtic shop is up for lease as well. Perhaps the message is that even big clubs (bigger that we can even imagine) find it hard to hawk football shirts from an Edinburgh city central retail location? Celtic don't own that shop unit anyway. neither did hearts. both leased units.

steakbake
02-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Celtic don't own that shop unit anyway. neither did hearts. both leased units.

As I say, the Celtic shop is "up for lease"....

Not sure what your point is caller, but we'll send you a t-shirt anyway.

jdships
02-08-2011, 09:15 AM
As I say, the Celtic shop is "up for lease"....

Not sure what your point is caller, but we'll send you a t-shirt anyway.

:agree:
As far as I have heard their lease "is up" and they are closing.
There is talk of them reopening in one of the shopping malls
:rolleyes:

TonyMontana1875
02-08-2011, 01:09 PM
A colleague at work informed me it was in the dying weeks cash only sales.

Bloody skinflints.

Gus Fring
02-08-2011, 01:21 PM
The shop is now surplus to requirements as Sergio is no longer hiding out in the changing rooms waiting for a phone call

The Harp
02-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I take it the fumigation squad will be poised and ready to go in. Is there gonna be a commemorative plaque put up to mark where the Yams' shop once stood? :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2011, 08:54 PM
What shop will I pop head into and shout obsceneties now, as I walk through centre on way to Multrees walk?:confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
02-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Celtic don't own that shop unit anyway. neither did hearts. both leased units.

Hearts don't own anything, to be fair :greengrin

Still, glad to see the Nonce Shop has been closed, yet another bad news story for them this week.

3pm
02-08-2011, 09:10 PM
What shop will I pop head into and shout obsceneties now, as I walk through centre on way to Multrees walk?:confused:

You can go into Boots but I doubt you'll get the same level of satisfaction.

'Lynx is shiiite' isn't the same.

heretoday
02-08-2011, 09:36 PM
The only time I've ever been in the shop was to buy a souvenir pencil for a collector. The guy serving at the counter was wearing very skimpy shorts.

I made my excuses and left.

basehibby
03-08-2011, 02:04 AM
This is all part of Vlad's Stalin inspired master plan to erase Fat Jim (Didn't) Know from history with the place it all started for JJ ceasing to exist - watch out for photo shop edited snaps from the Yam's 98 cup win with only the ugly puss of Stevie Fulton remaining as a means of cracking mirrors.

'Mon the Hibs
03-08-2011, 02:29 AM
i hate hearts