PDA

View Full Version : Hibs most expensive place to watch football/ Beat ICT 0-4 apparently

Hibee_Rab
01-08-2011, 11:26 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14366743.stm

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14366743.stm)I'm no sure we get value for money... But then again if you look at the bottom you'll see how O Connors goal at the end was so good it actually counted as four goals!

Westie1875
01-08-2011, 11:32 PM

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14366743.stm)I'm no sure we get value for money... But then again if you look at the bottom you'll see how O Connors goal at the end was so good it actually counted as four goals!

£2 for a cup of tea is an absolute rip off, as is £2.20 for a pie. Are programmes back up at £3 again? I thought the club changed it to a shorter, cheaper programme? (I never buy them anyway).

jakki
01-08-2011, 11:56 PM
BTG a double W&M wi a can of coke = £7.2! My local pub was £2.00 for a double and a dash. Maybe thats why they went down the Swaanny a year + ago?

basehibby
01-08-2011, 11:56 PM
£2 for a cup of tea is an absolute rip off, as is £2.20 for a pie. Are programmes back up at £3 again? I thought the club changed it to a shorter, cheaper programme? (I never buy them anyway).

:agree: I don't like feeling ripped off but that's exactly how I feel being asked to pay £3 for a program (so I don't buy one).

But even more so - £2 for a substandard crappy drink in a captive market where you're not actually allowed to take bottles/cans into the ground is exploitative and way out of order IMO.

I know the club has to raise funds but some of the prices for half time refreshments are OTT IMO and this league table seems to confirm it.

jakki
02-08-2011, 12:18 AM
:agree: I don't like feeling ripped off but that's exactly how I feel being asked to pay £3 for a program (so I don't buy one).

But even more so - £2 for a substandard crappy drink in a captive market where you're not actually allowed to take bottles/cans into the ground is exploitative and way out of order IMO.

I know the club has to raise funds but some of the prices for half time refreshments are OTT IMO and this league table seems to confirm it.
I don't drink tea. I hate it!vile stuff but I must protect my team. As far as I'm aware, the cater is done by a franchise and they pay hibs for the privilege and any profit goes to themselves Its up to Hibs to choose the next frabchise carefully. One that delivers the goods that the fans want and at the cost they are willing eo pay

Beefster
02-08-2011, 06:16 AM
It's the fans fault that Hibs are the most expensive day out in the SPL. If more fans went along and paid those extortionate prices, they could invest in the t..., er, lower prices.

duffers
02-08-2011, 06:24 AM
£2.20 for a pie is bad. But £2.20 for a hibs pie is ridiculous. It has to be the worst pie in the league?

hibsbollah
02-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Its not just the price, its the quality (manky) and the service (appalling) that gets ma goat. The pies are just cold clammy lips n bawsacks held together with transfats. Homemade sandwiches in inside pocket is the way to go until they get their act together.

Hibernia Na Eir
02-08-2011, 06:34 AM
capital living = capital costs

down-the-slope
02-08-2011, 06:59 AM

Just take cartons...they are allowed...been taking them for kids for years...

untill a couple of weeks ago when they seem to have upped their prices :rolleyes: used to goto greggs on way to ground... 2 pastries a doughnut & cup of coffee... for circa £3.50 (£8.50 for equivelent in ground) and take these into ground....

Have had a couple of ding dongs with G4S about this...1 guard saying no way coffee...me when i know i'm in the right being mule like stubborn insisted on supervisor being called...he immediatley asid no problem.....

I'm maybe odd in that have less issue with ticket prices as these are advertised you make your choice...its the add on costs when you are a captive adudience that really pee's me off (football is not alone in this)

down-the-slope
02-08-2011, 07:02 AM
I don't drink tea. I hate it!vile stuff but I must protect my team. As far as I'm aware, the cater is done by a franchise and they pay hibs for the privilege and any profit goes to themselves Its up to Hibs to choose the next frabchise carefully. One that delivers the goods that the fans want and at the cost they are willing eo pay

:agree:

I was hoping for a Greggs shirt sponsorship / catering outlet deal...at least their stuff is good...as has already been said pricey and rubbish is a double kick in the dangly bits

Golden Bear
02-08-2011, 07:08 AM
BTG a double W&M wi a can of coke = £7.2! My local pub was £2.00 for a double and a dash. Maybe thats why they went down the Swaanny a year + ago?

:agree:

BTG is the perfect place to go for a pre-match drink but the prices are extortionate and this is exactly the reason why I've stopped going there.

MontrealHibs
02-08-2011, 07:41 AM
I predict a 20 pager!!!

hibsbollah
02-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Manna House at the top of easter road. Great bakery pre-match. Get these guys in to do the catering.

Jack
02-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Ah! Just when things were looking up for the Hibees! The support have every right to be pissed off with this. The club can fix the ticket price, with regular deals for regulars. The programme is a bit much, maybe time to go back to basics like the old 6d programme :-)
The food is another matter. IMO its disgusting both quality and price, even my teenage daughter who exasperates me with her eating habits no longer goes. In this the club really need to do better the next time the franchise is up.

hibs0666
02-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Can someone tell me how I could have got into the Inverness game for £16 on Saturday?

steviecarnie
02-08-2011, 09:35 AM
some shocking prices and some decent for premiership quality football when u compare with spl prices

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54373000/gif/_54373420_premier_league_table.gif

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54373000/gif/_54373439_new_spl_table.gif

Part/Time Supporter
02-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Can someone tell me how I could have got into the Inverness game for £16 on Saturday?

That price must be for their family section, which presumably isn't available for away fans. Hibs are basically top / bottom of this league (depending on your POV) because they charge the same adult price anywhere in the stadium, whereas other teams have more variability. This usually happens because most teams have at least one stand with an iffy view and/or facilities (eg the auld main stand at the PBS), whereas all of ER is modern.

Hearts' highest adult price is £31 (£3 higher than Hibs) but the table is sorted by what the lowest adult price.

Ozyhibby
02-08-2011, 10:02 AM
I can't understand how people can't manage to last 1hour 45 minutes without eating a £2.20 Pie?

Beefster
02-08-2011, 10:46 AM
That price must be for their family section, which presumably isn't available for away fans. Hibs are basically top / bottom of this league (depending on your POV) because they charge the same adult price anywhere in the stadium, whereas other teams have more variability. This usually happens because most teams have at least one stand with an iffy view and/or facilities (eg the auld main stand at the PBS), whereas all of ER is modern.

Hearts' highest adult price is £31 (£3 higher than Hibs) but the table is sorted by what the lowest adult price.

We charge more for the cheapest ticket than any other SPL club, we charge more for a pie, we charge more for a programme, we charge more for a cup of tea.

Considering we're more expensive that the rest of the SPL, around a quarter of the Premiership and a third of the Championship, whilst having about 40% capacity or more for most games, I don't think there is much defending it tbh.

I've said this before but pricing is another area that the club lack innovation.

basehibby
02-08-2011, 10:50 AM

Failure on that count then

Woody1985
02-08-2011, 10:53 AM
I can't understand how people can't manage to last 1hour 45 minutes without eating a £2.20 Pie?

I think people can but it's part of the enjoyment of going to the game. When you're standing around you fancy a hot pie at half time, especially if you've had a few pints before you go.

When you go to the cinema the food and drink becomes part of the experience of going, they have the same problem with overcharging for everything and then try and restrict what you can and can't take in.

basehibby
02-08-2011, 10:56 AM

Not a matter of not being able to last it out - it's a case of why should we!?!?

A Pie and a Bovril is part of the whole experience - doesn't mean it should be a licence to print money though.

cabbageandribs1875
02-08-2011, 11:31 AM
this is one title the club should NOT be wanting to win, embarrassing, get it sorted petrie/hyland/lyndsay whoever

Removed
02-08-2011, 11:37 AM
I can't understand how people can't manage to last 1hour 45 minutes without eating a £2.20 Pie? That's fine if you just pitch up at 5 to 3 and go home straight after the game. There are many of us who make it more of a day out for home games. I normally leave home by 11 for a home game and there is no way I could manage through till I get home at 6 without some food. As someone posted earlier BTG is the perfect place to meet but unfortunately the food in there is the same poor quality and only marginally less of a rip off than in the stadium. It's an easy decision now to go and meet in a local pub or Macdonalds at Meadowbank. At least there the concept of customer service is not lost on the staff and it's much better value for money. I haven't bought any food or drink in the ground for a couple of seasons and my kids know not to ask any more.

SRHibs
02-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Unsurprisingly, if you're after food, a programme and a match-day ticket, then Hibs are the most expensive day out.

Hibs, Celtic and Rangers' cheapest adult tickets being £22. :rolleyes:

nickwhibs
02-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Unsurprisingly, if you're after food, a programme and a match-day ticket, then Hibs are the most expensive day out.

Hibs, Celtic and Rangers' cheapest adult tickets being £22. :rolleyes:

Prices at all games in the SPL are disgraceful. £15 for adults, £5/7 for concessions should be the top limit. Obviously taking into account season ticket prices too. Cue the 'it's not financially viable' brigade... Obviously what happens on the park is a major factor but the authorities and clubs need to do what is within their hands. It may not work overnight but if the clubs and SPL had the balls to do this for a season it would definitely bring more people back to football in Scotland. The supporters are what matters!

marinello59
02-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Prices at all games in the SPL are disgraceful. £15 for adults, £5/7 for concessions should be the top limit. Obviously taking into account season ticket prices too. Cue the 'it's not financially viable' brigade... Obviously what happens on the park is a major factor but the authorities and clubs need to do what is within their hands. It may not work overnight but if the clubs and SPL had the balls to do this for a season it would definitely bring more people back to football in Scotland. The supporters are what matters!

Nice one, ,we haven't had a new brigade for a while. :thumbsup:
(Cue the 'anti -brigade' brigade.)

Saorsa
02-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Nice one, ,we haven't had a new brigade for a while. :thumbsup:
(Cue the 'anti -brigade' brigade.)Sounds like a group I might join :greengrin though I dinnae ken if I'll have time tae keep up with being in two groups, can you guess which other group I'm in :wink:

marinello59
02-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Sounds like a group I might join :greengrin though I dinnae ken if I'll have time tae keep up with being in two groups, can you guess which other group I'm in :wink:

I'll give it a go.:agree:
Is it a Kajagoogoo tribute band?

hibsbollah
02-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Sounds like a group I might join :greengrin though I dinnae ken if I'll have time tae keep up with being in two groups, can you guess which other group I'm in :wink: Im guessing the cow pie brigade. (would be a great addition to the menu, Petrie will be able to charge £7.99, £10.99 meal deal).

Saorsa
02-08-2011, 02:16 PM
I'll give it a go.:agree:
Is it a Kajagoogoo tribute band?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/cloud.gif

HibbyAndy did try once tae talk me in tae starting a Wham tribute band :bitchy: because he was having withdrawal symptoms :agree:

I telt him tae bolt though :greengrin

Saorsa
02-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Im guessing the cow pie brigade. (would be a great addition to the menu, Petrie will be able to charge £7.99, £10.99 meal deal).:thumbsup::thumbsup:

probably being a bit optimistic with the price though :wink: :greengrin

hibsbollah
02-08-2011, 02:19 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: probably being a bit optimistic with the price though :wink: :greengrinI'd demolish a cow pie. They always looked delicious, even with the horns sticking out :-)

Saorsa
02-08-2011, 02:21 PM
I'd demolish a cow pie. They always looked delicious, even with the horns sticking out :-)Here's one I had earlier :wink:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/cowpie300g.jpg

hibsbollah
02-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Cowboy folk ken whits goan oan.

NOLA
02-08-2011, 02:49 PM
2.20 for a pie at easter road is shocking, specially when a killie pie is 1.60 :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
02-08-2011, 04:13 PM
£2 for a tea :no way:

Jamesie
02-08-2011, 04:21 PM
2.20 for a pie at easter road is shocking, specially when a killie pie is 1.60 :rolleyes:

That's a mince pie too - £2.30 for steak and gravy!

Cropley10
02-08-2011, 04:35 PM
It's a tricky one - would people buy more food/drink if it was a little cheaper? You don't have to buy anything but the profit does go the Club (I assume?).

Westie1875
02-08-2011, 04:47 PM
It's a tricky one - would people buy more food/drink if it was a little cheaper? You don't have to buy anything but the profit does go the Club (I assume?).

I refuse to buy anything because of the ridiculous prices, if it were cheaper then I probably would sometimes buy something to eat/drink.

Woody1985
02-08-2011, 04:53 PM

We shouldn't have to buy more, we just shouldn't get ripped off for what we do buy.

The club will outsource the catering so that it doesn't have the running costs, staff issues etc etc and will receive a fee accordingly. I'm guessing the amount offered is higher the more the vendors think they can fleece the fans for.

I'm guessing the vendor agrees some kind of top level pricing with the club and also compares prices with other vendors at other clubs to match the pricing. A bit similar to crappy pay rises, all the companies give tiny rises and then tell their staff that's what everyone else does to try and justify it. They just charge more for food and that's the going rate at games and other everts.

I think I paid £4 for a hot dog at T in the Park a couple of years back. It doesn't mean a crap pie is worth £2 odds though. Although the pizza's are tidy!

greenlex
02-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Its a simple demand and supply situation. If you keep buying them at daft prices they will continue to sell them at daft prices.
Dont buy them and the prices will fall.

Hibby Bairn
02-08-2011, 05:10 PM
£2 for a tea :no way:Direct cost price is less than 3 pence!!!!

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Its a simple demand and supply situation. If you keep buying them at daft prices they will continue to sell them at daft prices.
Dont buy them and the prices will fall.

Can you explain how our ticket prices have increased then?

greenlex
02-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Can you explain how our ticket prices have increased then?
Since when though ? I am paying less than last year. Were they not held the year before and the year before that back to 2007 prices? Or something along those lines.
If you sit in the East then you are not buying like for like over the years. You match day experience in regards to your surroundings has improved no end.

jarre1875
02-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Just saw the price for programmes and im led to believe the category of the game decides the pricing for programmes this season.
Cat A 3 quid. Cat b 2 quid, other games 1/1.50

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Since when though ? I am paying less than last year. Were they not held the year before and the year before that back to 2007 prices? Or something along those lines.
If you sit in the East then you are not buying like for like over the years. You match day experience in regards to your surroundings has improved no end.

Despite us having more seats available, prices for cat A games went up from £27 to £28 (£29.50 if you include the booking fee.

greenlex
02-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Despite us having more seats available, prices for cat A games went up from £27 to £28 (£29.50 if you include the booking fee.
Ok same rationale dont buy the tickets and they will come down in price eventually

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Ok same rationale dont buy the tickets and they will come down in price eventually

You'd think so but we've done the opposite!

The_Todd
02-08-2011, 06:30 PM
As some have said, the pulished table is quite simplistic - Easter Road of course isn't the most expensive place in Scotland to watch football. However, I've said it before £22 for a Cat B match is not value for money with the SPL being at the standard it is now, and while I don't usually buy pies at the game, it does seem a bit steep.

mon the cabbage
02-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Ive seen on bbc sport that hibs is the most expensive team to go to see in the spl.

Thats for an adult ticket, a pie, a programme and a cup of tea.

it comes to around 30 quid.

Removed
02-08-2011, 08:01 PM
I don't buy any food, drink or programmes. If you do that its pretty much even but still embarrassing prices for crap scran

HibsMax
02-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Let me play devil's advocate. Who actually goes to a football game for the food?

Don't get me wrong, when I go to a sporting event I spend a ton more than I would normally on stuff (thinking of the Red Sox) because I don't go to many games therefor it's a treat. I could lament about the $8 beers, etc. but it's all part and parcel of they day out.

That said, I can't get a pie and bovril at Fenway. :(

Beefster
02-08-2011, 08:20 PM

I'd rather the food was decent and hot. You'd think it was beyond the wit of man to make a nice pie and keep it at a certain temperature.

A price cut so we weren't being completely ripped off would be nice too though.

jakki
02-08-2011, 09:09 PM
£2.20 for a pie is bad. But £2.20 for a hibs pie is ridiculous. It has to be the worst pie in the league?
No it isn't! My grandaughter, hubby and I had the same evening meal before going off to the latest Livi friendly game. Granddaughter had a pizza and hubby and me had steak pies at half time.

Hubby and I fought all thro the night for the toilet wi the runs, but gragddaughter slept all thro the night blissfully unaware of our distress. :greengrin

broonie27
02-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Let me play devil's advocate. Who actually goes to a football game for the food?

Don't get me wrong, when I go to a sporting event I spend a ton more than I would normally on stuff (thinking of the Red Sox) because I don't go to many games therefor it's a treat. I could lament about the $8 beers, etc. but it's all part and parcel of they day out.

That said, I can't get a pie and bovril at Fenway. :(

Max, you got that freeloader Reilly with you at the moment? I'd get out to as many Red Sox games as possible if I were you, his chat's rotten.

HibsMax
03-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Ged says, "F*** you, you googlie eye bassah!"

Obviously I have no idea what that means but it sounds an awful lot like he misses you. ;)

Hibs On Tour
03-08-2011, 05:53 AM

Would be easier to swallow if the product on show was better... :wink:

Mind you, you can make statistics say whatever you want. 73% of all people know that...

Geo_1875
03-08-2011, 06:34 AM
This is all a bit simplistic. Celtc might have a cheaper, cheapest ticket but buy that and you can't see half the pitch. And I hope we'll be offered 17 quid tickets for the next derby but I doubt it. It would probably be more representative if they had used an average ticket price or even the most expensive. Saying that, the pies are pricey.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Max, you got that freeloader Reilly with you at the moment? I'd get out to as many Red Sox games as possible if I were you, his chat's rotten.

Ah the treesloths reputation spreads far and wide ;)

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2011, 08:20 PM
As some have said, the pulished table is quite simplistic - Easter Road of course isn't the most expensive place in Scotland to watch football. However, I've said it before £22 for a Cat B match is not value for money with the SPL being at the standard it is now, and while I don't usually buy pies at the game, it does seem a bit steep.

This is all a bit simplistic. Celtc might have a cheaper, cheapest ticket but buy that and you can't see half the pitch. And I hope we'll be offered 17 quid tickets for the next derby but I doubt it. It would probably be more representative if they had used an average ticket price or even the most expensive. Saying that, the pies are pricey.

It is simplistic yet some folk are still trying to argue the fact! If you want to go to ER for a football match it'll cost you more tha at any other ground in the SPL. If other clubs offer reduced price tickets they can hardly be criticised for it.

We should be doing the same - how can a ticket in the Famous 5 or one of the corners of the East/West be valued at the same as the centre of the East/West?