PDA

View Full Version : NHC Joey Barton

hibee92
01-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Leaves Newcastle on a free transfer. Absolutely ridiculous, without a doubt one of the best players in the league last year, Newcastle never won a game without him last season. Mike Ashley has some explaining to do...

He could be the signing of the season for someone...

greenlex
01-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Leaves Newcastle on a free transfer. Absolutely ridiculous, without a doubt one of the best players in the league last year, Newcastle never won a game without him last season. Mike Ashley has some explaining to do...

The guy is a complete tool. The Mags are well rid.

--------
01-08-2011, 02:58 PM

You thinking he could do a job for us?

Competition for him will be way out of our League, I'm afraid.

hibee92
01-08-2011, 03:03 PM
The guy is a complete tool. The Mags are well rid.

I have to diagree mate. Never far from controversy but the guy carried Newcastle last year along with Nolan and Ashley's doing his best to eradicate that, I don't understand why he didn't even hold out for a fee. There must be something behind it.

Arsenal, Man Utd or Liverpool?

Malthibby
01-08-2011, 03:05 PM
I agree that he is a talented football player, but also agree that he is complete bell end.
Out of our league footie-wise & extremely pleased that's the case.
GG

yekimevol
01-08-2011, 03:08 PM
petrie sign him up !!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty Boy
01-08-2011, 03:10 PM

It was reported in a paper, can't remember which one, that a certain Mr Ferguson was interested.

Iggy Pope
01-08-2011, 03:18 PM
It was reported in a paper, can't remember which one, that a certain Mr Ferguson was interested.

Way off topic from the latest hilarity with the plums, but it was the Times last Sunday.

I was hoping from more of a reaction from the Man U girlies around here on this thread http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?214151-ManUre-in-for-Joey-Barton&highlight=

Looks like this news makes it a stick on for a top side and maybe another good step forward on his 'rehab'. Unless he does go to ManUre of course and his unpopularity will go up a notch!

easty
01-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Liverpool could do a lot worse than signing Barton on a free. Get rid of that passenger Joe Cole at the same time.

heretoday
01-08-2011, 04:02 PM
I reckon he's more likely to go to the likes of Villa or Bolton. He's too controversial for the big three already mentioned.

West Ham could afford him, once they have offloaded Parker.

Dashing Bob S
01-08-2011, 04:38 PM
It won't happen as Wenger is too much of a big French Nancy boy (or comes from close enough to Nancy), but he'd be the ideal signing for Arsenal. Give them a bit of bite. The silverware drought might end.

I also think Sharlek might be tempted to have a punt, do a resurrection.

RamblingJack
01-08-2011, 06:34 PM
This must be the first time he has been released without being charged!!!:greengrin

RamblingJack
01-08-2011, 06:49 PM
What have Joey Barton and Justin Bieber got in common?

They're both irritating t**ts who are out of Toon.

MrRobot
01-08-2011, 06:53 PM

I think it could be a good player to add some strength to the midfield. He played very well last year and on a free, he could definitely be worth a shot.

steviecarnie
01-08-2011, 07:07 PM
i thought joey was a bit of an arse, but since i started following him on twitter he has went up in my estimation. very down to earth and speaks his mind, doesnt sugar coat things and is happy to interact with people.

scuttle
01-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Why release him with a year to go on his contract .They could have got about a million or two for him, somethings going on there is something their not telling

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-08-2011, 10:49 PM
I reckon he's more likely to go to the likes of Villa or Bolton. He's too controversial for the big three already mentioned. West Ham could afford him, once they have offloaded Parker. Off field he is an absolute tw@t, wouldnae mind seeing him alongside Nolan in The Hammers midfield though!

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-08-2011, 10:52 PM
On a day when we are laughing at The Yams, please don't create anymore posts about him coming here, it would give them something to chuckle at.

Gala Foxes
02-08-2011, 06:21 AM
read his twitter report after being freed - clearly someone else does the typing for him as there is no way Barton could come up with a word like "echelons"

Newry Hibs
02-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Big feature about this on Radio 5 Live last night - about half an hour. Including his agent Wullie Mackay - banging on about how Arsenal would have won the league last year with him in the team; how much he loves it in Newcastle and doesn't want to leave. With his (Mackay) previous, I wouldn't be surprised if he has told Barton what to do to get a move away and make it sound like he really doesn't want to leave.

(Followed up by a wee chat with Pat Nevin about Tynecastle events).

Beefster
02-08-2011, 08:32 AM
read his twitter report after being freed - clearly someone else does the typing for him as there is no way Barton could come up with a word like "echelons"

I reckon Barton is far more intelligent that he gets credit for. Just because you might have some sociopathic tendencies doesn't mean that you're a bit dense.