PDA

View Full Version : Question SPL fixtures

Jim44
31-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Why are there no games for Hibs, Rangers, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock next weekend?

Sir David Gray
31-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Hibs are playing Sunderland in a friendly, instead of playing St Johnstone and Rangers are playing Chelsea in a friendly, instead of playing Kilmarnock.

Jim44
31-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Hibs are playing Sunderland in a friendly, instead of playing St Johnstone and Rangers are playing Chelsea in a friendly, instead of playing Kilmarnock.

Unbelievable!!! :confused:

Sir David Gray
31-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Unbelievable!!! :confused:

It's the same with Celtic. Their game against Dunfermline, which was scheduled for this weekend, was postponed so that they could participate in the Dublin Cup.

Because of the early start to the season this year, the SPL gave all clubs the option of postponing one of their fixtures in the first few weeks of the season so that they could play a friendly game.

It was mainly to suit the Old Firm because they complained that they had already agreed to play these games, and Hibs have obviously jumped on the bandwagon. I'm not aware of any other side doing it though.

Removed
31-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Unbelievable!!! :confused: Not being funny but have you been away on holiday somewhere remote?

sundo1875
31-07-2011, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=FalkirkHibee;2874871]It's the same with Celtic. Their game against Dunfermline, which was scheduled for this weekend, was postponed so that they could participate in the Dublin Cup.Because of the early start to the season this year, the SPL gave all clubs the option of postponing one of their fixtures in the first few weeks of the season so that they could play a friendly game.It was mainly to suit the Old Firm because they complained that they had already agreed to play these games, and Hibs have obviously jumped on the bandwagon. I'm not aware. of any other side doing it though. Kilmarnock are playing blackburn on saturday

Sir David Gray
31-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Kilmarnock are playing blackburn on saturday

Ahh right ok, I stand corrected.

But that was probably more to do with Kilmarnock acting after Rangers had already caused the game to be postponed because of their game against Chelsea.

Jim44
31-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Not being funny but have you been away on holiday somewhere remote?

Sorry I spoke sir. :asshole:

Removed
31-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Sorry I spoke sir. :asshole: :yawn: I could quite easily have put one of them in my post but kept it civil

Jim44
31-07-2011, 11:13 PM
:yawn: I could quite easily have put one of them in my post but kept it civil

Your smart Alec post was unnecessary in the first place. Sorry I don't match up to your demanding standards of knowledge of spl business ........... But I'll get over it.:greengrin

Removed
31-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Your smart Alec post was unnecessary in the first place. Sorry I don't match up to your demanding standards of knowledge of spl business ........... But I'll get over it.:greengrin What was smart alec about it? It's been the topic of much debate on here. As soon as the fixtures were announced weeks ago most supporters knew what's going on but for some reason you don't. Wasn't exactly that demanding :rolleyes:

Jim44
31-07-2011, 11:39 PM
What was smart alec about it? It's been the topic of much debate on here. As soon as the fixtures were announced weeks ago most supporters knew what's going on but for some reason you don't. Wasn't exactly that demanding :rolleyes:

Sorry, missed the big debate. Must have been away on some remote holiday. :rolleyes:

vanNISHtelroy
01-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Ahh right ok, I stand corrected.

But that was probably more to do with Kilmarnock acting after Rangers had already caused the game to be postponed because of their game against Chelsea.

Yeah, as far as I remember, the Blackburn friendly was arranged once it was confirmed that the Rangers game would be postponed...means we will have had four home "pre-season" friendlies though (Ross County, PNE, Sunderland and Blackburn), not been much of a crowd at any.