PDA

View Full Version : ICT v Hibs Highlights

Riordans Boots
31-07-2011, 05:02 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14360097.stm :flag:

skipster7
31-07-2011, 05:20 PM
looked good going forward,heartening to see some pace and power up front.could easily have been a pen.

Wotherspiniesta
31-07-2011, 05:33 PM
A few things to note from that.

I think we were lucky to not give away a pen on a couple of occasions. The one with Hanlon in particular.

Like the poster above said, great to see some pace back in the team. Ivan looked electric breaking down the left in the 2nd half.

Oh and Crawford won the ball back fairly for our goal in my eyes.

hibsbollah
31-07-2011, 06:03 PM
...from the highlights we could n should have been 3-0 up first half. Thornhills volley was sublime. Hanlons challenge looked like a pen.

BEEJ
31-07-2011, 06:33 PM
...from the highlights we could n should have been 3-0 up first half. Thornhills volley was sublime. Hanlons challenge looked like a pen.
Yet the BBC commentary added on in the studio afterwards can only talk about how ICT with their hat-full of chances effectively threw the game away. :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
31-07-2011, 06:39 PM
I have a feeling Ivan is going to surprise people this season, if hes given enough decent supply. So far he looks a more rounded player than the one who left, and hes still faster than everyone else.

The_Sauz
31-07-2011, 06:41 PM
They never showed the goal that we got chalked off :confused:
I think the Hanlon pen incident, was more a tangle of legs/feet, than a tackle (ref was in a good position to call it right :agree:)

Westie1875
31-07-2011, 06:50 PM
They never showed the goal that we got chalked off :confused:
I think the Hanlon pen incident, was more a tangle of legs/feet, than a tackle (ref was in a good position to call it right :agree:)

Thats the one I wanted to see as its hard to tell from the Hibs tv highlights whether the ball went out before being crossed in, looked a good goal as well, shame it was ruled out as Murray doesn't score many.

PC Stamp
31-07-2011, 06:59 PM
The Hibs TV highlights came from the same "feed" used by BBC, Sky & STV as I understand it. So even had they shown it you'd probably not be any clearer.

Hamish
31-07-2011, 06:59 PM

:agree: Excellent technique.

He's looking as if he will be the first name down in the midfield most weeks.

mon the cabbage
31-07-2011, 07:34 PM
They didnae show Ian murrays offside goal. Can anyone who was at the game tell me if it was clearly off or debateable?

Good work fae davie crawford winning it fae Hayes and a good through ball fae ian And it wisnae a scuff as the said on the BBC

Albion Hibs
31-07-2011, 08:34 PM
They didnae show Ian murrays offside goal. Can anyone who was at the game tell me if it was clearly off or debateable?

Good work fae davie crawford winning it fae Hayes and a good through ball fae ian And it wisnae a scuff as the said on the BBC

Looked like it was onside to me. Must be debatable as the linesman took about three weeks to put his flag up.

Highlights missed out a few decent chances we had, thornhill inside the box and a few crosses from the line which we were close to getting on the end of.

Perhaps Scotsport will show more detail tonight.

HibeeMackenzie
31-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Looked like it was onside to me. Must be debatable as the linesman took about three weeks to put his flag up.

Highlights missed out a few decent chances we had, thornhill inside the box and a few crosses from the line which we were close to getting on the end of.

Perhaps Scotsport will show more detail tonight.

I thought it was disallowed because it went out before it got hooked across goal

Albion Hibs
31-07-2011, 08:50 PM
I thought it was disallowed because it went out before it got hooked across goal

I thought the linesman had flagged for off-side albeit I found that hard to believe as I thought he came from behind the ICT player. It could have gone out but I could not really see that from where I was sitting.

Jonnyboy
31-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Nice to see Lewis (who cannae pass a ball according to the player ratings thread) set GOC up for a shot at goal with a neat diagonal pass and Matt Thornhill making a superb volley force the keeper to tip the ball over the bar (when according to the player ratings thread he contributed nothing) :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-07-2011, 09:21 PM
That third shout for the tackle on Foran was a penalty every day of the week. I would have been raging had that been us in attack and not got it.

Westie1875
31-07-2011, 09:25 PM
That third shout for the tackle on Foran was a penalty every day of the week. I would have been raging had that been us in attack and not got it.

After the number of soft penalties given against us last season its about time we had some luck. :greengrin

Interesting how Rob MacLean just rabbited on for ages about the loads of chances ICT had (without really testing Stack) but completely ignored the fact that we had a lot of chances too and could have been a few goals up if not for Esson. :rolleyes:

BEEJ
31-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Well that was an interesting summary analysis of the game from Rob McLean there!! :confused: Once again, references only to ICT's chances going a-begging - no reference to the handful of chances Hibs created during the match.

I think Rob's been influenced by his post-match discussion with Terry Butcher.

Albion Hibs
31-07-2011, 09:30 PM
After the number of soft penalties given against us last season its about time we had some luck. :greengrin

Interesting how Rob MacLean just rabbited on for ages about the loads of chances ICT had (without really testing Stack) but completely ignored the fact that we had a lot of chances too and could have been a few goals up if not for Esson. :rolleyes:

Yes, he also failed to miss the fact there keeper got man of the match for that reason exactly.

Perhaps the BBC should think about a less biased review of games, either that or CC needs to network these guys so we can get a fair reflection of games.

HibeeMackenzie
31-07-2011, 09:57 PM
I thought the linesman had flagged for off-side albeit I found that hard to believe as I thought he came from behind the ICT player. It could have gone out but I could not really see that from where I was sitting.

Yeah i thought he ran from out the box which was behind the ball anyway so couldn't have been offside, i had a good view and the ball didn't look out either

Albion Hibs
31-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Yeah i thought he ran from out the box which was behind the ball anyway so couldn't have been offside, i had a good view and the ball didn't look out either

Thanks to the BBC and the nugget controlling the camera it looks like we will never know. Shame as they seemed to be happy to show ICT disallowed goal!

basehibby
01-08-2011, 01:17 AM
From what I can see there a pretty even match - we had some good efforts early on including that brilliant bicycle volley from Thornhill. On the other hand ICT were denied a good goal as offside and a definite penalty from Hanlon's challenge. Maybe ICT can feel a bit hard done by but not that much - would have been good if the highlights had shown Hibs' ruled out goal and penalty claim as well so's we sould make up our minds properly!

--------
01-08-2011, 10:42 AM

Well that was an interesting summary analysis of the game from Rob McLean there!! :confused: Once again, references only to ICT's chances going a-begging - no reference to the handful of chances Hibs created during the match.

I think Rob's been influenced by his post-match discussion with Terry Butcher.

When the other team's goalie's named (prematurely, in this instance :greengrin) as MotM, it kinda says it all, IMO.

I can see why ICT would be bitter about the way we won it, but on balance (on those highlights) I would suggest we had better chances and made Esson work harder than they did Stack.

I'll be happier when O'Hanlon's back, though. Ivan looks awfy awfy good.

FromTheCapital
01-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Looked as if it was a game of two halves?
Hibs dominating the first half.
ICT doming the second half.
Thornhill's effort in the 2nd half was sublime.
I think that 1 of their 3 penalty shouts were pen's, (Hanlon's tackle).
I think that Crawford won the ball fairly to start the winning move.
Murray's pass for O'Connor was excellent and with his weak foot.
And O'Connor's strike was poor but hey, doesn't matter, it's a goal.

All in all, we've ended the hoodoo, could this be the start to a great season?

:cgwa :flag: :hibees

Judas Iscariot
01-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Looked like we had plenty chances in the first half an them the second but it's goals that count :agree:

Excellent result :flag:

Albion Hibs
01-08-2011, 01:24 PM
When the other team's goalie's named (prematurely, in this instance :greengrin) as MotM, it kinda says it all, IMO.

I can see why ICT would be bitter about the way we won it, but on balance (on those highlights) I would suggest we had better chances and made Esson work harder than they did Stack.

I'll be happier when O'Hanlon's back, though. Ivan looks awfy awfy good.

Was thinking about that on the way down the road from the game. CC has a tough decision to make, we were not great defensively, but we kept a clean sheet and equally I dont think the chances ICT had were down to Stephens. Part of me says it would be harsh to drop him, but perhaps putting him back on the bench with his confidence high is no bad thing.

Ultimatly I think CC has to play O'Hanlon if he is fit as he has just signed him. None the less well played to Stephens, if we can call on performances like that from the bench it is no bad thing.