PDA

View Full Version : CC Positive comments

Sammy7nil
30-07-2011, 11:18 PM
I have said more than once I think CC shhould GO, his atttude and reluctance to state he is committed to Hibs shows a lack of respect.

However i was speaking to some who knows someone who is closee to CC.
He said CC is fully committed and is very happy at ER and there will be at least 2 more signings says CC is a great guy.

The story I got was RP was trying to hike CC price to £500,000 + and he would accept but CC is happy here.

Not sure it is all true only reporting what I was told and after my negativity only fair to report a positive.

IWasThere2016
31-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Liked and respected by all at ER. He's the man - he needs the resources IMO.

jacomo
31-07-2011, 12:46 AM
Liked and respected by all at ER. He's the man - he needs the resources IMO.

Do you think, having fought so hard to keep him, Petrie might now feel an obligation to find some more money for the team?

LeithBoozy
31-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Hibs who have a mainly young inexperienced squad at the moment, have been matched-up with an experienced coach, who has managed and coached at the highest level of English football. He is bringing in good older experienced players to help them along. No one who comes into contact with him has a bad word to say about him as he is a quality guy, lets get behind CC and give him our full support. We might just have found a match made in heaven. :wink:

RMQ1967
31-07-2011, 02:51 AM
I have said more than once I think CC shhould GO, his atttude and reluctance to state he is committed to Hibs shows a lack of respect.

He said CC is fully committed and is very happy at ER and there will be at least 2 more signings says CC is a great guy.

The story I got was RP was trying to hike CC price to £500,000 + and he would accept but CC is happy here.

Not sure it is all true only reporting what I was told and after my negativity only fair to report a positive.

That's great to hear & I pray that more of the doom & gloomers will be eating their words in the weeks to come. I live in Inverness so I'm looking forward to work on Tuesday almost as much as as this;

D&G lobby GIRFUY :na na: - you know who you are - get your act together!

greenlex
31-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Do you think, having fought so hard to keep him, Petrie might now feel an obligation to find some more money for the team? Calderwood has already stated that money has been kept from the budget to use as the Enish clubs are behind where we are in terms of squad building goes. I am sure he said he might also try and get more. Good luck with that::greengrin

The Falcon
31-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Calderwood has already stated that money has been kept from the budget to use as the Enish clubs are behind where we are in terms of squad building goes. I am sure he said he might also try and get more. Good luck with that::greengrin

I also suspect that if he shows he can use what money he has wisely, which to my mind he has so far, then the club will continue to support his judgement even to the point of talking a wee risk.

Which is what happened, IMO, with Collins, but in reverse.

BEEJ
31-07-2011, 10:43 AM
That's great to hear & I pray that more of the doom & gloomers will be eating their words in the weeks to come. I live in Inverness so I'm looking forward to work on Tuesday almost as much as as this;

D&G lobby GIRFUY :na na: - you know who you are - get your act together!
Is this entirely necessary?

Why ruin a very positive weekend for the club, seeking to perpetuate a split in the support by using this terminology? If this board is free from negativity this weekend then why can't we all just enjoy it and hope that it continues?

Stop spoiling for a fight. :wink:

Albion Hibs
31-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Is this entirely necessary?

Why ruin a very positive weekend for the club, seeking to perpetuate a split in the support by using this terminology? If this board is free from negativity this weekend then why can't we all just enjoy it and hope that it continues?

Stop spoiling for a fight. :wink:

The split is already there and entirely evident. Perhaps he is not spoiling for a fight simply being a little more overjoyed that he can get a little back for the all negativity he is having to take on here.

On the topic, CC handled himself well in the post match interview, and lets be honest as he says you would rather others were interested in your staff, than could not care less about them - both playing and managing. Well done to the management team for the first win of the season, lets get to killie for more of the same.

ahibby
31-07-2011, 11:18 AM
My gripe has never been with CC but the way the board runs the club and the decisions they have made. I don't believe that the club intended to let CC go and therefore I see that as a step in the right direction. Now that the manager's future at the club is secured (it seems) and with the signing of Junior and the promise of a couple of more I will buy a ST in time for the next home game. I just wanted the board to show some sign of getting things right and I think they are on the right track. I appreciate not everyone sees CC as the answer but I do.

BEEJ
31-07-2011, 11:38 AM
The split is already there and entirely evident. Perhaps he is not spoiling for a fight simply being a little more overjoyed that he can get a little back for the all negativity he is having to take on here.
You either assume then (as you clearly do) that that 'the split' is always going to be there to the extent that it has been over the last few years, or you hope and trust that it will begin to dissipate alongside a prolonged feel good factor.

The re-introduction of stereotype branding to reflect different perspectives of the club will do nothing to unify the support.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2011, 11:59 AM
1 win and the knee jerkers are out.

Shrekko
31-07-2011, 12:08 PM

You disappointed we won yesterday BH?

Why don't you forget the anti CC agenda, let things play out and hope the team do well? No matter how much you hate him it doesn't make a difference.

IWasThere2016
31-07-2011, 12:10 PM

:faf: You were on suicide watch after the Livi friendly defeat!

Keith_M
31-07-2011, 12:20 PM

The sad thing is that there's knee jerk reactions after any win or defeat (admittedly, not so many of the former).

I'm sure you'd be as happy as anyone if 'clueless' turned out to be anything but :wink:.

I got overly positive after our good spell in the second half of last season, so I'll wait and see.

aberhibsfc
31-07-2011, 03:49 PM

Good post, but what you been doing at the computer to make the keys all sticky? :smokin

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2011, 05:08 PM
You disappointed we won yesterday BH?

Why don't you forget the anti CC agenda, let things play out and hope the team do well? No matter how much you hate him it doesn't make a difference.

Happy as REMOVED we won Finch, brilliant. Also said so on the match report thread????:confused:

HNA6
31-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Happy as REMOVED we won Finch, brilliant. Also said so on the match report thread????:confused:Gonna give yer "REMOVED" nonsense a rest ..getting pretty boring ..

scuttle
31-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Bold comments from CC lets wait and see who he actually brings in from Engerland. Loans are short terms fixes and we will be in the same position next season or at transfer windows. Rod get the wallet open and get a few young permanant signings in then we can start to judge CC on his own team

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Gonna give yer "REMOVED" nonsense a rest ..getting pretty boring ..

:rolleyes: REMOVEDif that is termed nonsense you might as well shut the site down.

HNA6
31-07-2011, 06:58 PM
:rolleyes: REMOVED if that is termed nonsense you might as well shut the site down.When we remove a sweary word we put in REMOVED ..you think you are being funny by mimicking it ..we do it for a reason & you know exactly what that reason is ..you seem to think you are being funny though ..:confused:

Sammy7nil
31-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Good post, but what you been doing at the computer to make the keys all sticky? :smokin

I think it is called alcohol :greengrin:greengrin

SRHibs
31-07-2011, 08:08 PM
When we remove a sweary word we put in REMOVED ..you think you are being funny by mimicking it ..we do it for a reason & you know exactly what that reason is ..you seem to think you are being funny though ..:confused:

What difference does it make?

HNA6
31-07-2011, 08:26 PM
What difference does it make?We try our best to keep the forums family friendly ..when folk delibrately bypass the swear filter we remove the offending word ..BH seems to be getting his cheapies out of it but it has now become a bit boring ..anything else ?

R'Albin
31-07-2011, 08:31 PM
We try our best to keep the forums family friendly ..when folk delibrately bypass the swear filter we remove the offending word ..BH seems to be getting his cheapies out of it but it has now become a bit boring ..anything else ?

This confused me a bit, I thought he kept getting comments removed but didn't get the little edit at the bottom but this has cleared things up:greengrin

Albion Hibs
31-07-2011, 08:43 PM
You either assume then (as you clearly do) that that 'the split' is always going to be there to the extent that it has been over the last few years, or you hope and trust that it will begin to dissipate alongside a prolonged feel good factor.

The re-introduction of stereotype branding to reflect different perspectives of the club will do nothing to unify the support.

An neither will having a pop at someone who is clearly delighted with yesterdays result.

Your original post was directed at someone who had a shot at "doom & gloomers" stating was it necessary or not? I dare say that he may poise the question 'why is it necessary to have this doom and gloom in the first place'. In addition he may also argue that the doom and gloomers 'ruin' the run up to games with unnecesary negativity.

The reality is after all the negative posts on here he is more than entitled to have a shot at those that will quite happily criticise the club, players, manager, board etc etc.

The only thing that will unify the support is getting behind the team regardless of how you feel about other factors, as surely afterall the only thing we all have in common, and makes us unified, is the fact we support hibs.

Albion Hibs
31-07-2011, 08:46 PM

Funny how you criticise for people getting excitied following one win, considering you were happy to condem the team before ANY games, like many others on here.

I would therefore say those that had the chance to see last week and yesterday are perhaps thinking the season is not going to be as bad as the expert .net analysts predicted.

MrSmith
31-07-2011, 09:31 PM
A decent thread ruined again by name calling!

Please, please would the people who class themselves as the others just let some threads run a nice course! Was happy to comment on this positively until certain comments were made. I consider myself, through years of experience to be a concerned fan at the moment but have never slated CC and hoped he would stay! Simply been put off by all that's been happening whether true or not. And, if that makes me a doom and gloomer, then thanks for the label.

Thanks

BTW OP, thanks for the good news. I hope you are right and good reading if true.

Hibbyradge
31-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Do you think, having fought so hard to keep him, Petrie might now feel an obligation to find some more money for the team?

O'Connor, Sproule, Agogo and possibly 2 others according to the OP.

Is that an obligation?

Westie1875
31-07-2011, 09:42 PM
O'Connor, Sproule, Agogo and possibly 2 others according to the OP.

Is that an obligation?

And O'Hanlon too.

BEEJ
31-07-2011, 09:50 PM
An neither will having a pop at someone who is clearly delighted with yesterdays result.

Your original post was directed at someone who had a shot at "doom & gloomers" stating was it necessary or not? I dare say that he may poise the question 'why is it necessary to have this doom and gloom in the first place'. In addition he may also argue that the doom and gloomers 'ruin' the run up to games with unnecesary negativity.

The reality is after all the negative posts on here he is more than entitled to have a shot at those that will quite happily criticise the club, players, manager, board etc etc.

The only thing that will unify the support is getting behind the team regardless of how you feel about other factors, as surely afterall the only thing we all have in common, and makes us unified, is the fact we support hibs.
"Having a pop"? :greengrin That's priceless coming from your good self. Just about all your posts "have a pop" at somebody on here. :wink:

By the way, I'm delighted by yesterday's result as well, in case you were in any doubt about that. It was the best result the club has had in months and we can all rightfully celebrate it this weekend and look forward to further progress in the weeks ahead.

Yet some (perhaps even from among those who bemoan the rampant negativity on here day in day out) can't seem to let it be. They have to try and goad others into a response and reignite the same old tired debates.

You can defend that practice if you want; not sure what motivation you would have in doing so. Personally, I think you've missed the point. Not for the first time, either.

So I'll leave it there.

Albion Hibs
31-07-2011, 09:55 PM
"Having a pop"? :greengrin That's priceless coming from your good self. Just about all your posts "have a pop" at somebody on here. :wink:

By the way, I'm delighted by yesterday's result as well, in case you were in any doubt about that. It was the best result the club has had in months and we can all rightfully celebrate it this weekend and look forward to further progress in the weeks ahead.

Yet some (perhaps even from among those who bemoan the rampant negativity on here day in day out) can't seem to let it be. They have to try and goad others into a response and reignite the same old tired debates.

You can defend that practice if you want; not sure what motivation you would have in doing so. Personally, I think you've missed the point. Not for the first time, either.

So I'll leave it there.

I believe the first post you commented on was from someone who sounded pretty much over the moon, therefore very in keeping with the positive nature of this thread. The reality is the doom and gloomers have a shot at everything, they can expect not to be open to the same. Happy to leave it there.