PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Delighted For The Manager And The Team

Speedway
30-07-2011, 07:04 PM
After all the perpetual slagging off, the boys have gone about their business today with a threadbare squad and created plenty of chances.

Whatever the story of the game, it's a results first business and CC has delivered today. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to discover that the more games Hibs win, the shorter the distance will be between Edinburgh and Northampton.

I don't care if ICT had twenty chances to win the game and I don't care if that was the only shot we'd have had in the match. The bottom line is three points away from home, clean sheet, hoodoo bust and all achieved with no players.

Well done Calderwood, well done squad, well done travelling support, absolutely delighted for us all.

HibbyRod
30-07-2011, 07:08 PM
After all the perpetual slagging off, the boys have gone about their business today with a threadbare squad and created plenty of chances.

Whatever the story of the game, it's a results first business and CC has delivered today. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to discover that the more games Hibs win, the shorter the distance will be between Edinburgh and Northampton.

I don't care if ICT had twenty chances to win the game and I don't care if that was the only shot we'd have had in the match. The bottom line is three points away from home, clean sheet, hoodoo bust and all achieved with no players.

Well done Calderwood, well done squad, well done travelling support, absolutely delighted for us all.

:aok:

BTW, is that you being huckled in your avatar? :greengrin

HNA6
30-07-2011, 07:09 PM

Well done Calderwood, well done squad, well done travelling support, absolutely delighted for us all.:top marks:hnet:

iwasthere1972
30-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Sounds like we rode our luck and we were fortunate to come away with all the points.

Early days but nice to get our first league win early in the season. Could do wonders for confidence.

CallumLaidlaw
30-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Sounds like we rode our luck and we were fortunate to come away with all the points.

Early days but nice to get our first league win early in the season. Could do wonders for confidence.

How many times have we played well and lost by the odd goal. What goes around comes around

iwasthere1972
30-07-2011, 07:33 PM
How many times have we played well and lost by the odd goal. What goes around comes around

No idea but I know a man who does know. FalkirkHibee. :agree:

matty_f
30-07-2011, 08:28 PM

Spot on.:thumbsup:

Hopefully we get a lot more wins over the coming weeks and we get to see just why CC was so sought after in the summer.

Jonnyboy
30-07-2011, 08:31 PM

Stats suggest we had the most possession and most shots at goal including one that went in :greengrin I'll take that luck every day of the week thank you very much :wink:

greenlex
30-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Stats suggest we had the most possession and most shots at goal including one that went in :greengrin I'll take that luck every day of the week thank you very much :wink:
:agree: A small number of facts lost in the euphoria.:greengrin

ronaldo7
30-07-2011, 08:46 PM

Hopefully it will take us on a roll:aok:

Speedway
31-07-2011, 12:03 AM
All these positive threads on main are struggling to get to a second page I notice.....

IWasThere2016
31-07-2011, 12:09 AM

Yes, I've been quick to point that out earlier!

GGTTH :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
31-07-2011, 12:10 AM
No idea but I know a man who does know. FalkirkHibee. :agree:

Yer spot on! :greengrin

We've never lost to Inverness by "the odd goal" up there.

Prior to yesterday, our best results up there were 1-1 and 0-0.

Our other games up there were defeats and were by at least two goals. :agree:

R'Albin
31-07-2011, 08:47 AM
All these positive threads on main are struggling to get to a second page I notice.....

Good point:hmmm:

The Falcon
31-07-2011, 08:52 AM

:agree: A small number of facts lost in the euphoria.:greengrin

Yes, I've been quick to point that out earlier!

GGTTH :thumbsup:

Yet the "stats" were regurgitated repeatedly last week as undeniable evidence that we were/are sheight?

This week we "stole" the match with a "scuffed" shot. :hmmm:

YehButNoBut
31-07-2011, 09:05 AM

:agree:

We had 54% possession to ICT 46% and 4 shots on target :not worth to their 2.

So this was not just down to luck, although just saw the goal on SSN and would have expected the goalie to save it :greengrin but hey ho well done Gary.

C'mon Hibees onwards & upwards, just a pity we don't have a game next week to keep the momentum going but will give a chance to get Sodje and Agogo fit again.

:cgwa

lapsedhibee
31-07-2011, 09:05 AM

Are you suggesting an admin prick should merge into one megaclapper thread?

lapsedhibee
31-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Can't see any other way to get to a second page, unless people start using a whole post to make a single point.

cad
31-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Every team needs a bit of luck ,something Hibs so very rarely get , so enjoy its about time :agree:.
Well done to the boys and CC

TrickyNicky
31-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Every team needs a bit of luck ,something Hibs so very rarely get , so enjoy its about time :agree:.
Well done to the boys and CC

I agree, well done Hibs, well done to us all, it's good to be proud of the team and pleased as punch.:flag:

I was so excited , I pressed " blog this post " accidentally.

Tumblr folk ken whit's gaun oan likes!:wink:

JimBHibees
31-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Great three points and a good confidence boost for all at the right time.

Aldo
31-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Dont care as long as we win.

Clean sheet as well. Dont conceeded any and there is always a chance to get one at the other end.

there are signs there and with a few more additions to the squad we may see more smiles on our faces.

As for riding our luck...disallowed goal and their keeper procucing a couple of good saves.

3 points ENDOF roll on next week.

GG

IWasThere2016
31-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Yet the "stats" were regurgitated repeatedly last week as undeniable evidence that we were/are sheight?

This week we "stole" the match with a "scuffed" shot. :hmmm:

:top marks

Speedway
31-07-2011, 01:10 PM
I notice Ivan went inside to support GO'C as ICT tired and I notice CC told the team at half time that Esson prefers to get down to his near post so to aim for the far post, which GO'C did.

Clueless Colin eh?

basehibby
31-07-2011, 01:22 PM
:agree:

We had 54% possession to ICT 46% and 4 shots on target :not worth to their 2.

So this was not just down to luck, although just saw the goal on SSN and would have expected the goalie to save it :greengrin but hey ho well done Gary.

C'mon Hibees onwards & upwards, just a pity we don't have a game next week to keep the momentum going but will give a chance to get Sodje and Agogo fit again.

:cgwa

The reporter for BBC teletext must be a stinky greetin faced Yam muppet then - it was reported that "Caley thistle were made to rue a string of missed chances" ...giving the impression that our win majored in spawniness. Not that I give a tu'penny sheight either way - the Hibees have won and there's a spring in my step again. Happy Days!!! :thumbsup: