PDA

View Full Version : Ratings for todays game.

james
30-07-2011, 04:49 PM
wasn't at the game but would like to know how each individual got on?

frazeHFC
30-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Stack - 7Palsson - 8Stephens - 6Hanlon - 6Booth - 7Sproule - 6Thornhill - 7Mur

Mikey
30-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Stack - 7

Palsson - 8
Stephens - 6
Hanlon - 6
Booth - 7

Sproule - 6
Thornhill - 7Mur

Your Phone - 1

frazeHFC
30-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Your Phone - 1 Pressed submit by accident. :greengrin

down-the-slope
30-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Stack - 7Palsson - 8Stephens - 6Hanlon - 6Booth - 7Sproule - 6Thornhill - 7Murray - 6Stevenson - 7Wotherspoon - 5O'Connor - 6

So Palsson developing in RB position then :hmmm:...maybe manager wants dosh to spend elsewhere :confused:

HibbyAndy
30-07-2011, 05:26 PM
So Palsson developing in RB position then :hmmm:...maybe manager wants dosh to spend elsewhere :confused:

Id imagine he is only filing in at RB till that vacany gets filled, His creativy and general midfield awareness and passing game is wasted at RB IMO.

frazeHFC
30-07-2011, 05:27 PM
So Palsson developing in RB position then :hmmm:...maybe manager wants dosh to spend elsewhere :confused: He was terrific. He saved us numerous times. Twice late on he headed clear, denying the Caley striker a header to an open goal.

Sodje_18
30-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Your Phone - 1
:top marks:faf:

Franck Stanton
30-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Palsson played a great ball to O'Connor for the goal.

Hibeescott
30-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Stack - 7Palsson - 8Stephens - 6Hanlon - 6Booth - 7Sproule - 6Thornhill - 7Mur

Stephens an 8?! Yeah he won a few headers but he was caught out of position numerous times! The incident in the first half where Murray nearly gave away a pen was caused by Stephens chasing the ball and leaving his man. Palsson and CC went through him after.

Stack 7 - clean sheet
Palsson 8 - numerous last ditch clearances
Stephens 6 - out of position too often but few good interceptions
Hanlon 6 - ok
Booth 7 - solid
Stevenson 6 - grafted but can't pass
Murray 6 - as above.
Thornhill 5 - never in the game.
Sproule 6 - should have done better on a few occasions
Wotherspoon 5 - little impact
O'Connor 7 - winning goal

Hiber-nation
30-07-2011, 08:24 PM
He was terrific. He saved us numerous times. Twice late on he headed clear, denying the Caley striker a header to an open goal.

All these match saving interventions yet not so long ago some on here were calling him billy big baws and all that pish.

Jonnyboy
30-07-2011, 08:25 PM
All these match saving interventions yet not so long ago some on here were calling him billy big baws and all that pish.

:agree:

Also the Beeb guys doing the open all mics thingy were very complimentary about David Stephens who hasn't fared too well in these markings

Titch
30-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Stephens an 8?! Yeah he won a few headers but he was caught out of position numerous times! The incident in the first half where Murray nearly gave away a pen was caused by Stephens chasing the ball and leaving his man. Palsson and CC went through him after.

Stack 7 - clean sheet
Hanlon 6 - ok
Booth 7 - solid
Murray 6 - as above.

he gave stephens a 6 as did you:confused::confused:

Iggy Pope
30-07-2011, 08:33 PM

Stack 7 - clean sheet
Hanlon 6 - ok
Booth 7 - solid
Murray 6 - as above.

All this player ratings guff makes me laugh.
You've slated Stephens in your opening line then rated him the same as Hanlon who was 'OK'. And Hanlon gets the same as Stevenson and Murray who play in the middle and can't pass and Sproule who should have done better.........it's all just numbers. Means nowt.

Hibeescott
30-07-2011, 08:45 PM
he gave stephens a 6 as did you:confused::confused:

Eh? on my screen it says an 8.

To answer the next post, I didn't slate Stephens. IMO he doesn't deserve an 8 because he was out of position and nearly cost us on a few occasions. But if you read my post I also said he made a few good interceptions, which he did. therefore a 6.

Murray and Stevenson got 6s because they did a job. it wasn't pretty, they don't retain possession well but they worked hard and pressed well.

If you believe it's all just numbers then don't read the player ratings thread! cause that's the general point of them!

Tricla
30-07-2011, 08:51 PM

Having watched the SSN clip I thought it was Nid who played that pass.

I may be wrong though and have been before on the odd occasion.

Iggy Pope
30-07-2011, 08:59 PM

Stack 7 - clean sheet
Hanlon 6 - ok
Booth 7 - solid
Murray 6 - as above.

Eh? on my screen it says an 8.

To answer the next post, I didn't slate Stephens. IMO he doesn't deserve an 8 because he was out of position and nearly cost us on a few occasions. But if you read my post I also said he made a few good interceptions, which he did. therefore a 6.

Murray and Stevenson got 6s because they did a job. it wasn't pretty, they don't retain possession well but they worked hard and pressed well.

If you believe it's all just numbers then don't read the player ratings thread! cause that's the general point of them!

I did read your post.
You've reacted to someone else's rating (and mistakenly at that) with an exclamation mark and a question mark. Like this?! Then stated that he was caught out of position numerous times. For a central defender that's a slating in my book. And Hanlon did OK in your assessment and in the same area of the park but gets the same rating. All numbers and no adding up I'm afraid,
I'll read and comment on whatever threads take my fancy if it's all the same to you. And players ratings like this are a pin the tail on the donkey.

scoopyboy
30-07-2011, 09:00 PM

It was Nid.

Big Frank
30-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I did read your post.
You've reacted to someone else's rating (and mistakenly at that) with an exclamation mark and a question mark. Like this?! Then stated that he was caught out of position numerous times. For a central defender that's a slating in my book. And Hanlon did OK in your assessment and in the same area of the park but gets the same rating. All numbers and no adding up I'm afraid,
I'll read and comment on whatever threads take my fancy if it's all the same to you. And players ratings like this are a pin the tail on the donkey.

Or you could just chill and note that the lads are replying to the OP who wasnt at the game but would like his fellow supporters to share their thoughts on the players today:thumbsup:

Hibeescott
30-07-2011, 09:08 PM
I did read your post.

I was sure it said an 8 when I first read it, if not then yeah I have mis read it.

With regard to two centre halfs, it's not that difficult to understand really. Stephens had a few poor moments, but also a few occasions were he covered well and won some challenges, hence pulling it up IMO. Hanlon didn't have the same inconsistencies, but IMO didn't have the best game iv seen from him.

Did you make it up to Inverness today out of interest?

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Murray played the pass. Think that giving Thornhill low marks is a bit tight.

col02
30-07-2011, 09:10 PM
No player was below average for me but Murray was imho the Hibs motm as his commitment was what I want to see in central midfield. Gave the ball away a couple times but would get back up and win it back again. Hopefully he is finding his fitness and can get a run of games going as he is a player I want playing for Hibs as I identify with him given how much he feels for the club!

Iggy Pope
30-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Or you could just chill and note that the lads are replying to the OP who wasnt at the game but would like his fellow supporters to share their thoughts on the players today:thumbsup:

I understand the nature of the thread perfectly.
I wasn't at the game either and thought by reading the thread I might gain some knowledge of how we performed. As it stands I'm not sure how our central defenders performed - are you?
I'm sharing my thoughts on the frailty of this and I'm perfectly 'chilled', ta.

Iggy Pope
30-07-2011, 09:14 PM
I was sure it said an 8 when I first read it, if not then yeah I have mis read it.

With regard to two centre halfs, it's not that difficult to understand really. Stephens had a few poor moments, but also a few occasions were he covered well and won some challenges, hence pulling it up IMO. Hanlon didn't have the same inconsistencies, but IMO didn't have the best game iv seen from him.

Did you make it up to Inverness today out of interest?

Out of interest? Oh dear. Chocolate medals time.

No, work commitments kept me from attending, which is why I'm reading all of the threads on the board tonight with interest. Does that have a bearing on my opinion of player ratings?

Hibeescott
30-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Out of interest? Oh dear. Chocolate medals time.

No, work commitments kept me from attending, which is why I'm reading all of the threads on the board tonight with interest. Does that have a bearing on my opinion of player ratings?

Don't sound very 'chilled' to me but there you go.

I'm not looking for any kind of medal thanks, chocolate or otherwise. It was 'out of interest' as if you had been at the game you might have opinions of your own on their performance. That was all. No need for your reaction.

I'm obviously not making my opinions clear enough for you about our centre halfs performances, for that I apologise.

Stephens had one or two hairy moments, one of which he nearly cost us a goal when he went chasing the ball, leaving his man to run through on goal, luckily Murray tracked the run and managed to not give a penalty away, on first viewing I thought it might have been. But Stephens did win a decent amount in the air and covered well at times.

Hanlon didn't have the same up and downs. Consistently ok in my IMO. Few vital interceptions, but once or twice wanted to long on the ball and lucky to get away with it.

That clearer?

Hiber-nation
30-07-2011, 09:44 PM

I'm not looking for any kind of medal thanks, chocolate or otherwise. It was 'out of interest' as if you had been at the game you might have opinions of your own on their performance. That was all. No need for your reaction.

I'm obviously not making my opinions clear enough for you about our centre halfs performances, for that I apologise.

Stephens had one or two hairy moments, one of which he nearly cost us a goal when he went chasing the ball, leaving his man to run through on goal, luckily Murray tracked the run and managed to not give a penalty away, on first viewing I thought it might have been. But Stephens did win a decent amount in the air and covered well at times.

Hanlon didn't have the same up and downs. Consistently ok in my IMO. Few vital interceptions, but once or twice wanted to long on the ball and lucky to get away with it.

That clearer?

Cheers for the update mate, can't see how you can be criticised for your honest opinion by someone who wasnae there but hey ho this is Hibs.net.

:thumbsup:

:flag:

HibbyAndy
30-07-2011, 10:00 PM

Eh??? Cant have been??!!! Nid is to slow...past it...Crap..In the team as a sympathy vote.etc...He cant POSSIBLY have been in the oppositions half deep into injury time?!?!

Hibeescott
30-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Cheers for the update mate, can't see how you can be criticised for your honest opinion by someone who wasnae there but hey ho this is Hibs.net.

no problem.

I seemed to have mis read a number, that must be it. It makes perfect sense to me that someone can have good and bad moments, someone else can be consistently ok throughout and therefore, in my opinion, warrant the same mark.

At the end of the day, it's 3 points, a huge win as we now have time before our next game to get our strikers fit and maybe bring in 1 or 2.

R'Albin
30-07-2011, 10:09 PM

:agree:

Franck Stanton
30-07-2011, 10:21 PM

Having not been at the game and only going on the SSn clip, i was under the impression it was Palsson who played the pass, have now watched clip a few more times and am willing to conceed my mistake as it does in fact look like Nid playing the ball, oops, need a wee visit to Specsavers methinks.

jane_says
30-07-2011, 10:21 PM

Wasn't at the game but from the radio commentary Thornhill certainly doesn't deserve a 5 as someone gave him above. Did he not make Esson make a good save with a scissor kick?

Walter
31-07-2011, 03:53 AM
I wasn't at the game and didn't see SSN, but I thought Brian Kerr was brilliant

KWJ
31-07-2011, 04:30 AM
I wasn't at the game and didn't see SSN, but I thought Brian Kerr was brilliant

I didn't notice him.

Hibeescott
31-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Wasn't at the game but from the radio commentary Thornhill certainly doesn't deserve a 5 as someone gave him above. Did he not make Esson make a good save with a scissor kick?

That was a great strike but he was posted missing for most of the game. In the warm up they were practicing him getting up to support Gazza, he didn't. FWIW I thought he was excellent first half against Celtic last week, as he got on the ball. Yesterday he wasn't in the game, as 2nd half against Celtic. Although, to his defence, he probably wasn't helped by not having a deep sitting playmaker to pick up the ball and give it to him, we spent most of the game punting the ball to O'Connor.

Dunbar Hibee
31-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Murray was class v Sellick as well. Certainly not past it as much as people like to make out that he is.

Albion Hibs
31-07-2011, 10:19 AM
A great result yesterday, could not have asked for anymore from the players IMO. I missed the first 10mins, so my ratings only cover the remaining 80+!

Stack 7 - clean sheet, always keen to get the ball out to back four to get things moving from the back.
Palsson 7 - His passing and use of the ball was terrible, however, his defending was excellent, especially in the second half.
Stephens 7 - I cant fault the guy to be honest, he won everything in the air, was perhaps a bit too quick to get rid of the ball - more a kind of no nonsense defending, but I guess if he held the ball and lost it we would be after his blood. Very good game overall.
Hanlon 7 - Slightly similar to the above.
Booth 7 - Decent performance, needs to get better at just getting the ball into the box from open play, and if he is going to take corners he has to improve that delivery.
Stevenson 6 - Worked hard all game and never gave their midfield a chance.
Murray 8 - I thought he was our MOM, unlucky in my view to have his goal chopped off and good pass for the winner (in the 93min - not bad for someone whos legs have gone).
Thornhill 6 - Good effort on goal, but other than that did not feature much, had a decent chance in the 2nd half when Murray played him in inside the box and should have done better.
Wotherspoon 3 - little impact, had a better first half, in the second he did not really feature.
O'Connor 7 - Scored the winner, jumped, ran and fought his nuts off all day, it was the least he deserved.

Out of the subs Galbraith again looked sharp when he came on and more focused about getting to the line and crossing than he ever did last year.

All in all the game was probably too open, both teams had three of four really good chances, however, almost as pleasing as the win was the clean sheet. Delighted. Main positives/highlights;

1. Fantastic away support, good numbers and voice,
2. Loved the teams reaction after the goal, plenty of passion and fight in there,
3. The traffic coming down the road through perth was far better than it was going up
4. The pace, and strenght of the steward to catch the guy that invaded the pitch after the goal was most impressive.

At the start of the season I would have accepted we would take nothing off Celtic, and I was hoping for a point in ICT which makes yesterdays result all the better. I dont think our opening fixtures are that kind so well done CC more that deserved.

Aldo
31-07-2011, 10:58 AM
ICT player tracked back by Crawford and between him and Murray get the ball back.

Murray's first time pass with his right foot sends GOC away and the rest's history.

Lets be honest here and give the guys credit where its due.

A one nil win in Inversneckie and a clean sheet to boot and the boy gets slated for being out of position and missing a few headers.

Get a grip.

A CH with a clean sheet. NUFF said.

Well done guys.

R'Albin
31-07-2011, 11:20 AM
A great result yesterday, could not have asked for anymore from the players IMO. I missed the first 10mins, so my ratings only cover the remaining 80+!

Stack 7 - clean sheet, always keen to get the ball out to back four to get things moving from the back.
Palsson 7 - His passing and use of the ball was terrible, however, his defending was excellent, especially in the second half.
Stephens 7 - I cant fault the guy to be honest, he won everything in the air, was perhaps a bit too quick to get rid of the ball - more a kind of no nonsense defending, but I guess if he held the ball and lost it we would be after his blood. Very good game overall.
Hanlon 7 - Slightly similar to the above.
Booth 7 - Decent performance, needs to get better at just getting the ball into the box from open play, and if he is going to take corners he has to improve that delivery.
Stevenson 6 - Worked hard all game and never gave their midfield a chance.
Murray 8 - I thought he was our MOM, unlucky in my view to have his goal chopped off and good pass for the winner (in the 93min - not bad for someone whos legs have gone).
Thornhill 6 - Good effort on goal, but other than that did not feature much, had a decent chance in the 2nd half when Murray played him in inside the box and should have done better.
Wotherspoon 3 - little impact, had a better first half, in the second he did not really feature.
O'Connor 7 - Scored the winner, jumped, ran and fought his nuts off all day, it was the least he deserved.

Out of the subs Galbraith again looked sharp when he came on and more focused about getting to the line and crossing than he ever did last year.

All in all the game was probably too open, both teams had three of four really good chances, however, almost as pleasing as the win was the clean sheet. Delighted. Main positives/highlights;

1. Fantastic away support, good numbers and voice,
2. Loved the teams reaction after the goal, plenty of passion and fight in there,
3. The traffic coming down the road through perth was far better than it was going up
4. The pace, and strenght of the steward to catch the guy that invaded the pitch after the goal was most impressive.

At the start of the season I would have accepted we would take nothing off Celtic, and I was hoping for a point in ICT which makes yesterdays result all the better. I dont think our opening fixtures are that kind so well done CC more that deserved.

Totally agree with all of that:agree:

Iggy Pope
31-07-2011, 04:55 PM

That clearer?

Lets not fall out. I think players ratings are a waste of time. Sounds like you think Hanlon and Stephens did good things and bad things. I'd have their performance down as erratic rather than OK in that case. looking at the rest of the thread it sounds like some disagree about Stephen's showing, but opinions eh? And I was only giving my opinion on how you had presented your ratings and on ratings in general. I'll leave it at that.

If I'm at the game or not, what does it matter. I'm at most games and if I'd been at this one my posts might have related to players performance. They don't. My response related to how Hibeescott had presented his ratings and on the subject of proving ratings in general, which I think is bollox. I confirmed I hadn't been at the game (as had the OP). You're now posting an opinion on my posting and using the 'wasnae there' card for no real reason.

Hibeescott
31-07-2011, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=Hamilton Handling;2874531]Lets not fall out. I think players ratings are a waste of time. Sounds like you think Hanlon and Stephens did good things and bad things. I'd have their performance down as erratic rather than OK in that case. looking at the rest of the thread it sounds like some disagree about Stephen's showing, but opinions eh? And I was only giving my opinion on how you had presented your ratings and on ratings in general. I'll leave it at that.

3 people have posted ratings, I posted a 6, as did the OP, and the other had a 7.

RyeSloan
01-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Lets not fall out. I think players ratings are a waste of time. Sounds like you think Hanlon and Stephens did good things and bad things. I'd have their performance down as erratic rather than OK in that case. looking at the rest of the thread it sounds like some disagree about Stephen's showing, but opinions eh? And I was only giving my opinion on how you had presented your ratings and on ratings in general. I'll leave it at that.

If I'm at the game or not, what does it matter. I'm at most games and if I'd been at this one my posts might have related to players performance. They don't. My response related to how Hibeescott had presented his ratings and on the subject of proving ratings in general, which I think is bollox. I confirmed I hadn't been at the game (as had the OP). You're now posting an opinion on my posting and using the 'wasnae there' card for no real reason.

Why bother giving your opinion on the rating if you think they are a waste of time.

Surely they are a bit of fun and if nothing else can be great at showing just how differently some people see a match compared to others...certainly not worth greetin' about that's for sure.

MWHIBBIES
01-08-2011, 01:51 AM
I wasn't at the game and didn't see SSN, but I thought Brian Kerr was brilliantI actualy saw Kerr playing on saterday for Arbroath vs Livi. Livi won 6-0 and he was hooked at HT. McNeil played very well for Livingston though.

seven nowt
01-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Based on what I heard from the radio and saw on highlights:

Stack 7 - Did what was asked of him, clean sheet.
Palsson 7 - As people were saying, afew stray passes but a few great tackles in the 2nd half.
Stephens 6 - Did his bit I suppose, but nothing of noticed, decent headers
Hanlon 7 - Sounded like his positional sense was better than Stephens and did his job.
Booth 9 (yet again) According to the radio, he was our main man, sounded like it too with his pace getting back, good tackles and slick passes.
Stevenson 4 - Professional football player, gave away about 5 passes. Would have been a 3 if it werent for 1 good ball.
Murray 8 - Ran the midfield with his tackles and bossed Inverness, including an offside goal
Thornhill 6 - Didn't do much, but looked comfortable on the ball and great technique for his shot.
Sproule 7 - Made a couple of errors but he seemed dangerous on the ball alot. Seemed a goal threat.
Wotherspoon 6 - In and out of the match.
O'Connor 7 - Worked in first half, scored the winner.

FromTheCapital
01-08-2011, 11:08 AM
It was Ian Murray.

R'Albin
01-08-2011, 11:27 AM
It was Ian Murray.

Easy mistake to make:greengrin

Iggy Pope
01-08-2011, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=Hamilton Handling;2874531]Lets not fall out. I think players ratings are a waste of time. Sounds like you think Hanlon and Stephens did good things and bad things. I'd have their performance down as erratic rather than OK in that case. looking at the rest of the thread it sounds like some disagree about Stephen's showing, but opinions eh? And I was only giving my opinion on how you had presented your ratings and on ratings in general. I'll leave it at that.

3 people have posted ratings, I posted a 6, as did the OP, and the other had a 7.

Star Man in the EEN as well. I don't know......

Iggy Pope
01-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Why bother giving your opinion on the rating if you think they are a waste of time.

Surely they are a bit of fun and if nothing else can be great at showing just how differently some people see a match compared to others...certainly not worth greetin' about that's for sure.

Read the thread man. Not greetin' about anything just opining on the fashion of giving players 'ratings' at a tangent. Didn't have an opinion on the 'rating' as such just the fact that it all seems a wee bit inconsistent. What's wrong with that?
I only looked at the thread to try and find out a wee bit more about a game I had missed. Ratings got me no further forward. Shoulda waited for the highlights......and I think ratings are a waste of time.

smurf
02-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Loved all the players reactions to the goal when Garry scored. It's great to see Hibs score and celebrate a goal.

Hopefully the first of many this season.