PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Support at Caley

erin-go-bragh87
30-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Just wanted to say the support today was immense. Great turn out and made plenty noise throughout the whole game!! Great result for us too!!!

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Just wanted to say the support today was immense. Great turn out and made plenty noise throughout the whole game!! Great result for us too!!!

Okay, okay, so the result was good, the support was numerous and vocal, it stayed dry, but I'll bet there some badly dressed people there.

erin-go-bragh87
30-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Okay, okay, so the result was good, the support was numerous and vocal, it stayed dry, but I'll bet there some badly dressed people there.

Apart from the guy in a check shirt with neon cycling shorts we were even pretty well turned out!!!

brog
30-07-2011, 04:33 PM

Well done to all of you! Enjoy your night!

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Apart from the guy in a check shirt with neon cycling shorts we were even pretty well turned out!!!

Dammit - outed again.

But that's good news. Nothing swells my heart more with pride than seeing a well togged Hibernian support. If the 12th Man really wanted to make an impact, they'd be setting minimum standards for dress. Come to think of it, why doesn't the club have an official dress code? This could be altered between different stands.

frazeHFC
30-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Was class! Great noise all game especially at the end. :thumbsup:

DH1875
30-07-2011, 05:54 PM
How many did we have up there? Tosser covering it on the radio said our support was poor and that we only had about 100 fans. Was about 5 mins before kick-off so unless there was a late stampede it take it he was talking rubbish.

The Harp
30-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Well done to all the Hibees who made the trip.:not worth
I was listening to 'Open All Mics' on radio scotland and when I heard "... there's been a goal at Inverness" I feared the worst.
A win up there for us is a collectors' item. Good old Garry O'.:aok:

frazeHFC
30-07-2011, 06:57 PM
How many did we have up there? Tosser covering it on the radio said our support was poor and that we only had about 100 fans. Was about 5 mins before kick-off so unless there was a late stampede it take it he was talking rubbish. Hard to tell how many. But a lot more than 100.

R'Albin
30-07-2011, 10:07 PM
How many did we have up there? Tosser covering it on the radio said our support was poor and that we only had about 100 fans. Was about 5 mins before kick-off so unless there was a late stampede it take it he was talking rubbish.

That's probably because everyone was late entering the ground due to the ticket shambles:rolleyes:

R'Albin
30-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Hard to tell how many. But a lot more than 100.

:agree: 800-900 IMO.

.Sean.
31-07-2011, 12:35 AM
That's probably because everyone was late entering the ground due to the ticket shambles:rolleyes: Looked disgraceful mate, I picked up comps so was allowed to head straight in but I wouldn't have fancied being a paying punter at ten to three,

Dunbar Hibee
31-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Looked disgraceful mate, I picked up comps so was allowed to head straight in but I wouldn't have fancied being a paying punter at ten to three,

Couldn't it make it today due to illness (for once not self inflicted :greengrin) how was the support Seany boy?

Thomson1875
31-07-2011, 10:43 AM
support was good imo, the steward got total abuse with his swagger. When we scored everyone seemed to go mental. i don't remember it much just flew down the stairs jumped about folk left right and centre jumping and grabbing anyone in sight. Makes you proud to be a hibee, that was what its all about. best celebration out with a big game in a very long time.

Ed De Gramo
31-07-2011, 12:24 PM
EPIC!

The cuts and bruises when we scored are well worth it.

Immensely proud of the support.

Eddddddddddddddddie

greenlex
31-07-2011, 12:26 PM
EPIC!

The cuts and bruises when we scored are well worth it.

Immensely proud of the support.

Eddddddddddddddddie
Just out of interest dafty how do you pronounce or shout Eddddddddddddddddie? The emphasis on the 'd' is impossible. :confused:

Keith_M
31-07-2011, 12:32 PM
.... If the 12th Man really wanted to make an impact, they'd be setting minimum standards for dress. Come to think of it, why doesn't the club have an official dress code? This could be altered between different stands.

That's what you say now, but when I was a yoof in the 80's, my friends and I wore fashionable, designer clothes to every game and received nothing but stick! Our aim was purely to brighten the terraces with our sartorial elegance but we were arrested everywhere we went.

I now dress as scruffily as I can at matches, just in case.

Thomson1875
31-07-2011, 12:56 PM
What is it people where wearing that you would change? or was it just the one or 2 who you thought needed to re kit their wardrobes.

oldbutdim
31-07-2011, 02:08 PM
What is it people where wearing that you would change? or was it just the one or 2 who you thought needed to re kit their wardrobes.

I saw one middle-aged Hibs fan who was strolling about with his scarf tied round his wrist.

It was like a time warp.

He also had a grotesque beard and hugely protuberant belly, neither of which was startling enough to divert attention from the wristscarf.

forthhibby
31-07-2011, 02:33 PM
that's the first time i've noticed, but it's actually a pleasent trip back down the A9 and not nearly as long as i usually remember :greengrin

erin-go-bragh87
31-07-2011, 07:33 PM
:agree: 800-900 IMO.

Yip, Id go with that, the attendance was about 3300 and I think we made up a third of that.

sunshine1875
31-07-2011, 08:14 PM

I noticed him too. C'mon own up, who was it?

The only negative for me was that my voice was very sore from ten to five yesterday when I let out an very loud Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss!

I thought the players all worked hard and gave it their all - except for EDG who was totally missing when he came on! I also thought ICT were poor first half but played better in the second half when the game opened up. They are going to miss Rooney.

Antifa Hibs
31-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Looking at the highlights i'd say there was nowhere near 900, lucky if there was half of that. Which is pretty poor IMO seeing as it was the first away day of the season, Saturday 3pms aswell.

I've been to games in Poland where the away team average 3500 at home yet have managed 2000 away fans to the game.

Something not quite right about our game...

frazeHFC
31-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Looking at the highlights i'd say there was nowhere near 900, lucky if there was half of that. Which is pretty poor IMO seeing as it was the first away day of the season, Saturday 3pms aswell.I've been to games in Poland where the away team average 3500 at home yet have managed 2000 away fans to the game. Something not quite right about our game... Looks worse on the tele. Most were at the back and you can't see the decent sized singing section on the tele. Plus i noticed some leave before the goal. Dunno why after coming all that way, you would leave and miss the goal.

R'Albin
31-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Looks worse on the tele. Most were at the back and you can't see the decent sized singing section on the tele. Plus i noticed some leave before the goal. Dunno why after coming all that way, you would leave and miss the goal.

:agree: Really disappointed they didn't show the fans going nuts either..

frazeHFC
31-07-2011, 09:38 PM
:agree: Really disappointed they didn't show the fans going nuts either.. Same, i hate how they never show fans. I wanted to see us all going crazy. My god it was some celebration. :greengrin

R'Albin
31-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Same, i hate how they never show fans. I wanted to see us all going crazy. My god it was some celebration. :greengrin

:greengrin Was it nae! Would have been good if HibsTV had shown us at least..

frazeHFC
31-07-2011, 09:45 PM
I was at the back and i saw pile-ups, folk falling down stairs, a guy on the pitch. It was mayhem.

I loved seeing everyone charge to the front. :greengrin

R'Albin
31-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I was at the back and i saw pile-ups, folk falling down stairs, a guy on the pitch. It was mayhem.

I loved seeing everyone charge to the front. :greengrin

I ran straight down, I was jumping around like a twat! It was chaos!!:thumbsup:

frazeHFC
31-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Every time i think of the goal and celebrations it leaves me with a huge smile on my face. :thumbsup:

Imagine it at Tiny. :greengrin

R'Albin
31-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Every time i think of the goal and celebrations it leaves me with a huge smile on my face. :thumbsup:

Imagine it at Tiny. :greengrin

That would be mental!:agree:

Although I wasn't there looked a bit like that when Riordan scored the infamous pen...

RIP
31-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Looking at the highlights i'd say there was nowhere near 900, lucky if there was half of that. Which is pretty poor IMO seeing as it was the first away day of the season, Saturday 3pms aswell.

I've been to games in Poland where the away team average 3500 at home yet have managed 2000 away fans to the game.

Something not quite right about our game...

Hibs12thMan always populate stands from the back forward. Singing sounds better near the roof

Removed
31-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Hibs12thMan always populate stands from the back forward. Singing sounds better near the roof :confused: I thought we had sorted this out. Who are the 12th man?

Lofarl
31-07-2011, 11:21 PM
:confused: I thought we had sorted this out. Who are the 12th man?

Not this again.

Saorsa
31-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Not this again.Looks like it :greengrin

Removed
31-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Not this again. Aye this again. What's your point?

Lofarl
01-08-2011, 12:13 AM
It seems that there are so many wee sensitive souls who get upset if they are mislabeled as the 12th man when in fact they are the singing section. Or vice-versa. Or is it that people believe that they we are all the 12th man but not the singing section. I get confused as to why we need to label supporters with labels; perhaps we need wee stick on badges to say if a supporter is a 12th man singer, a 12th man non singer, a singing section singer, a singing section non singer, or just a person who does not give a jot.

I've seen so many people get their knickers in a twist over this and I have no idea why.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-08-2011, 06:34 AM
anyone know if you can fly to inverness from Edinburgh?

joe breezy
01-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Just out of interest dafty how do you pronounce or shout Eddddddddddddddddie? The emphasis on the 'd' is impossible. :confused:

A stutter helps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C4_Zt6KEmQ

mickki40
01-08-2011, 08:47 AM
The Goal celebration was very funny and sporadic, I unfortunately, had to stay in to stand as I was Makka's Guide in the stand. What was extremely funny was that I saw the carnage unfold. Gramo was running along the back row from left to right waving his shirt above his head. Kyle Anderson and Lee Mclennan decided to do Syncronised falling down the gangway towards the concourse. But funniest of all (and I don't believe everybody seen it) was Andy Blanche looking like an Ibex and jumping on the pitch perimeter wall. I noticed him and his cohort taking down the Hibs uj patterned flag from the front, there was a reluctance on their behalf to leave early like some folks did. Bet they were glad they didn't. GGTTH. It was my lucky Rob Jones shirt that won it. I will be next wearing it for St Mirren game.

Greentinted
01-08-2011, 01:53 PM
anyone know if you can fly to inverness from Edinburgh?

Unless you're a pigeon or have the means to own or hire a plane, t'would seem not.

http://www.hial.co.uk/inverness-airport/destinations-and-holidays/

sKipper
01-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Yip, Id go with that, the attendance was about 3300 and I think we made up a third of that.

No chance.

Looked about 200- 250 max.

wick hibby
01-08-2011, 03:45 PM
700/900 :agree:

DH1875
01-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Not trying to be funny but after watching the highlights, there's absolutely no chance we had 900 fans at the game.

Nuitdelune
01-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Yes, it looks like that on the telly and I was surprised, but from up in the stands near the top of the 'E' of Inverness, I was surprised by the number of folk there--spread along the whole stand up at the back rather than a few poor souls crouched in the middle in the winter when they even cordon off the outside sections

ArabHibee
01-08-2011, 07:17 PM
The Goal celebration was very funny and sporadic, I unfortunately, had to stay in to stand as I was Makka's Guide in the stand. What was extremely funny was that I saw the carnage unfold. Gramo was running along the back row from left to right waving his shirt above his head. Kyle Anderson and Lee Mclennan decided to do Syncronised falling down the gangway towards the concourse. But funniest of all (and I don't believe everybody seen it) was Andy Blanche looking like an Ibex and jumping on the pitch perimeter wall. I noticed him and his cohort taking down the Hibs uj patterned flag from the front, there was a reluctance on their behalf to leave early like some folks did. Bet they were glad they didn't. GGTTH. It was my lucky Rob Jones shirt that won it. I will be next wearing it for St Mirren game.

You have my utmost sympathy. :slipper:

Removed
01-08-2011, 07:33 PM
You have my utmost sympathy. :slipper:

I'd have left him to go and celebrate :agree:

You know how the song goes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq0OQBdIhsc) :wink: