View Full Version : Congratulations to Garry O'Connor

Westie1875
30-07-2011, 04:21 PM
.... on his 60th goal for the Hibs! :not worth

:flag::hibees

hibsbollah
30-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Absolutely.

And for those questioning his fitness, unfit strikers tend not to score last minute winners. Looks like hes shed a few pounds, running round arthurs seat might have paid off.

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2011, 04:25 PM

Well done Gaz! Have a big line of toot to celebrate, mate!

Or maybe not.

Have a good drink in George Street.

Well, maybe not.

Tuck int a few steak pies.

Well, perhaps leave them.

Starting to feel sorry for footballers - how should they celebrate?

3pm
30-07-2011, 04:36 PM

Or maybe not.

Well, maybe not.

A couple of hoors. That's not the right spelinmgg.

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2011, 04:39 PM
A couple of hoors. That's not the right spelinmgg.

Thought I'd left something out there!

Sir David Gray
30-07-2011, 04:42 PM
He's now just three goals shy of reaching his half century of SPL goals as well.

leither17
30-07-2011, 05:09 PM
He's now just three goals shy of reaching his half century of SPL goals as well.

save the hoors for that one then:greengrin

HibbyAndy
30-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Absolutely.

And for those questioning his fitness, unfit strikers tend not to score last minute winners. Looks like hes shed a few pounds, running round arthurs seat might have paid off.

Spot on.

Anyone remember the last time GOC got us an injury time winner that the keeper made a james hunt of :wink:

Delighted for big Gaz.

Sir David Gray
30-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Spot on.

Anyone remember the last time GOC got us an injury time winner that the keeper made a james hunt of :wink:

Delighted for big Gaz.

:hmmm: Nope, you've got me stumped there I'm afraid.

You're going to have to refresh my memory, I've no idea what match you could possibly be talking about...:dunno:

Westie1875
30-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Spot on.

Delighted for big Gaz.

They just showed the goal on SSN, it is almost exactly the same as that one :greengrin :faf:

HibbyAndy
30-07-2011, 05:20 PM
:hmmm: Nope, you've got me stumped there I'm afraid.

You're going to have to refresh my memory, I've no idea what match you could possibly be talking about...:dunno:

They just showed the goal on SSN, it is almost exactly the same as that one :greengrin :faf:

The 10 men Game when Brebner WRONGLY got a red card and Stuart Dougal ADMITTED after the game it SHOULD have been a YELLOW CARD...Stull, :singing: 10 men...we only had 10 men .. :singing:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

whiskyhibby
30-07-2011, 05:24 PM

Well done Gary...........................now for the next sixty!!:devil:

Gatecrasher
30-07-2011, 05:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVkiksCvJeI

:flag:

Sir David Gray
30-07-2011, 05:33 PM
The 10 men Game when Brebner WRONGLY got a red card and Stuart Dougal ADMITTED after the game it SHOULD have been a YELLOW CARD...Stull, :singing: 10 men...we only had 10 men .. :singing:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Thaaaat one! :aok:

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
30-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Thaaaat one! :aok:

:greengrin

Aye that yin :greengrin

greenlex
30-07-2011, 05:36 PM
:confused: It doesnt looked very scuffed to me.:rolleyes:

hibernator
30-07-2011, 06:34 PM
:greengrin Was Latrine at the game? or was that the start of the Well report ? looked like he had just filled his boxers when the unfit, overweight Gocster bust the Highland Hoodoo in the 93rd min :na na:

Franck Stanton
30-07-2011, 06:41 PM

Many thanks for the link Gatecrasher.

Saorsa
30-07-2011, 06:45 PM

:flag::thumbsup::thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
30-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Well done Garry. :aok:

iwasthere1972
30-07-2011, 07:10 PM

Cheers. :aok:

Surprised the attendance was as low as 3,600 considering it was a 3pm kick off on a lovely Saturday afternoon and the Hibees were in town.

Littlest Hobo
30-07-2011, 08:05 PM
looked a decent hit to me

Well done Gazza, lets hope you can do the same against that bunch of cocky barstewards over in gorgie.

heretoday
30-07-2011, 08:05 PM

That's what I thought! It was Anti Niemi's nightmare was it not? Superb!

Jonnyboy
30-07-2011, 08:11 PM
That's what I thought! It was Anti Niemi's nightmare was it not? Superb!

Nope. It was Tepi Moilanen in goals for them. He never played for them again after that :greengrin

Iggy Pope
30-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Nope. It was Tepi Moilanen in goals for them. He never played for them again after that :greengrin

Niemi had a few nightmares too though as I recall. Beaten 12 times in three games if I'm right.....:greengrin

ronaldo7
30-07-2011, 08:16 PM

A big lanky streak oh pash.

Jonnyboy
30-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Niemi had a few nightmares too though as I recall. Beaten 12 times in three games if I'm right.....:greengrin

Indeed :greengrin

A big lanky streak oh pash.

Indeed :greengrin

forthhibby
30-07-2011, 08:25 PM
was sitting right behind it and looked a good strike, but took ages from it hit keeper til it trundled over the line

hibsbollah
30-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Wasnt scuffed at all. Good run, plenty of speed and a firm strike.

CapitalHibs
30-07-2011, 08:34 PM
If it was one of our goalies that lost a goal like that, they would have been crucified on here.:rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
30-07-2011, 08:38 PM
If it was one of our goalies that lost a goal like that, they would have been crucified on here.:rolleyes:

That's probably right.

As it is, we have our No 9 getting a last gasp winner and some people 'on here' finding a fault with that! (Roll eyes etc)

EasterRoad4Ever
30-07-2011, 08:47 PM
That's probably right.

As it is, we have our No 9 getting a last gasp winner and some people 'on here' finding a fault with that! (Roll eyes etc)

How often do you see well hit shots saved all game, and then it is an unexpected shot/scuff or slower strike that beats the goalie. Listening to the report it sounded terrible, like GOC had mis-hit the shot, but seeing it on vid, its clear it was reasonably well struck and in an area the goalie didn't expect it. IMHO the keeper would have been more concerned about being beat at the near post (not good) or GOC hitting it hart into the top of the net. Probably 3 or 4th thing he expected was a softer shot under his bod.

Anyway, well done GOC. DELIGHTED to have you back at Hibs big man. And hopefully one of many you'll score this season.

Gatecrasher
31-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Many thanks for the link Gatecrasher.

Cheers. :aok:

Surprised the attendance was as low as 3,600 considering it was a 3pm kick off on a lovely Saturday afternoon and the Hibees were in town.

no bother :aok:

IWasThere2016
31-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Well done Gary...........................now for the next sixty!!:devil:

Its GaRRy - the proper way :agree: - not Gary! :grr:

basehibby
31-07-2011, 01:44 PM

Or maybe not.

Well, maybe not.

If a professional athlete feels like kicking up his heels then I see no better solution than jumping in the motor and running over an Elvis impersonator - Gary has shown in the past that this form of celebration has no adverse effect on performances on the park. If only youngsters would learn from his example then the future of Scottish football and cabaret entertainment would look a sight brighter!

basehibby
31-07-2011, 01:53 PM
How often do you see well hit shots saved all game, and then it is an unexpected shot/scuff or slower strike that beats the goalie. Listening to the report it sounded terrible, like GOC had mis-hit the shot, but seeing it on vid, its clear it was reasonably well struck and in an area the goalie didn't expect it. IMHO the keeper would have been more concerned about being beat at the near post (not good) or GOC hitting it hart into the top of the net. Probably 3 or 4th thing he expected was a softer shot under his bod.

Anyway, well done GOC. DELIGHTED to have you back at Hibs big man. And hopefully one of many you'll score this season.

:agree: Once heard the uber-tanned gloat meister and master goal getter Gary Lineker say in interview that his favourite shots were the scuffed ones - when a shot was struck sweetly he said, it often headed for the middle of the goal and/or the keeper would be able to read it better. Scuffed/deflected shots would be more likely to go in since they would tend to deceive the keeper and bumble over the line off the post.

That said, from what I can see G'OC's shot was struck well enough and went exactly where he wanted it to go :top marks:thumbsup: