down-the-slope
30-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Week end off for you...enjoy the break :greengrin

:wink:

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2011, 04:08 PM

Bah! Humbug! Three pesky points, completely ruined my weekend!

We'll be back.

CallumLaidlaw
30-07-2011, 04:12 PM

They won't even be away on their holidays to hide from their result. They wait till October so they can moan about the weather being rubbish :wink:

Mikey
30-07-2011, 04:15 PM

I'm looking forward to the night off :greengrin

3pm
30-07-2011, 04:22 PM
See youz on Monday!!

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2011, 04:52 PM
It will take more than 1 win to get me onside. Come back when we are sitting pretty in 3rd and you can get yer snidey remarks and ram them right up my backside.

Great win, fantastic for us. :top marks More of the same please.:pray:

greenlex
30-07-2011, 04:56 PM
It will take more than 1 win to get me onside. Come back when we are sitting pretty in 3rd and you can get yer snidey remarks and ram them right up my backside.

:greengrin what you saying G? You want something rammed up your backside? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2011, 04:58 PM
:greengrin what you saying G? You want something rammed up your backside? :greengrin

Aye 56 points should do it? :greengrin

Jim44
30-07-2011, 05:13 PM

If only ............................. I'm totally depressed at the flack we're going to get for the next 24 hours from all the happy clapper 'told you so's' .:greengrin

greenlex
30-07-2011, 05:20 PM
:hilarious

down-the-slope
30-07-2011, 05:20 PM

Didn't say it anthing to the contrary..just enjoy the weekend off...:greengrin I fully expect you back refreshed on Monday evening asking where the new signings are :wink:

Oh.....no intention of getting anywhere near your ring thanks all the same :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Didn't say it anthing to the contrary..just enjoy the weekend off...:greengrin I fully expect you back refreshed on Monday evening asking where the new signings are :wink:

Oh.....no intention of getting anywhere near your ring thanks all the same :greengrin

I'm happy as a pig in BLACKPOOL tonight, a win is a win, and we have not seen many of them this last year or so.:top marks:top marks But i'm not about to join the knee jerkers in going wild over one win.:wink:

Now give me my 56 points and ram them up my arse.

Hibs07p
30-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm happy as a pig in BLACKPOOL tonight, a win is a win, and we have not seen many of them this last year or so.:top marks:top marks But i'm not about to join the knee jerkers in going wild over one win.:wink:

Into hedgehogs are you? :greengrin

down-the-slope
30-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Into hedgehogs are you? :greengrin

So after the bath of beans comes BH getting a hedgehog inserted up his trumpet......you heard it here first :faf:

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2011, 05:48 PM

If you cared to look up your arse you'll find that three points have already been deposited up there.

So by my reckoning your ringpiece needs only to stretch to 53 points.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-07-2011, 05:49 PM
So after the bath of beans comes BH getting a hedgehog inserted up his trumpet......you heard it here first :faf:

One witness was quoted as saying "I've never seen that many pricks inside a prick since Piers Morgan got bummed by the local rugby team" :wink:

MrSmith
30-07-2011, 06:17 PM
As a concerned fan, I'm as pleased as! However lets enjoy the moment and not get to far ahead of ourselves!

One game at a time... :flag:

Franck Stanton
30-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Ach, we only won by one solitary wee stupid lucky skalfed half-hit shot. Great isn't it. Well done lads great 3 points.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Indeed, MrSmith.

Whilst we shouldn't get carried away with one victory, you can bet your bottom dollar we'd be going f****ng radge if we'd got beat and proclaiming our team as relegation candidates. I think we can forgive ourselves for lapping up this victory without getting too far ahead of ourselves.

There's a lot of work to be done, but lets hope these 3 points are the springboard for a sustained run of performances and hopefully results.

down-the-slope
30-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Indeed, MrSmith.

Whilst we shouldn't get carried away with one victory, you can bet your bottom dollar we'd be going f****ng radge if we'd got beat and proclaiming our team as relegation candidates. I think we can forgive ourselves for lapping up this victory without getting too far ahead of ourselves.

There's a lot of work to be done, but lets hope these 3 points are the springboard for a sustained run of performances and hopefully results.

As the manager was not slow to mention after the match....but lets enjoy the signs of progress..

down-the-slope
30-07-2011, 07:25 PM
One witness was quoted as saying "I've never seen that many pricks inside a prick since Piers Morgan got bummed by the local rugby team" :wink:

BH has suddenly gone all quiet :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-07-2011, 07:40 PM
I guess the opposite of a doom and gloomer who think one or two losses means the end, is the happy clapper who thinks one or two wins puts everything right? Meanwhile, most of us just like most of what we saw today and some of what we saw last week. One or two, of the wee jigsaw pieces joining together to make the bigger picture.

Beefster
30-07-2011, 07:46 PM
So some folk have started the HC / D&G pish again? Awesome.

Dinkydoo
30-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Great result today.

Second half didn't sound too great but hey, as others have pointed out, we have had more than our fair share of bad luck over the past 18 months so it's nice to be on the other side for once.

I've been encouraged by the first half performance last week and - according to the BBC commentary - the first half again today that, with the addition of a few new faces (preferably a RB, and two Strikers), we can become a side capable of finishing in the top 5.

A team of our size should absolutely be aiming higher but we need to take one positive step at a time.

GGTTH

Pedantic_Hibee
30-07-2011, 08:03 PM
BH has suddenly gone all quiet :greengrin

I hope he's having a nice, satisfying pint at the moment, delightfully reflecting on a good day's work today from the Cabbage.

Come Monday however................ :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2011, 08:20 PM
So some folk have started the HC / D&G pish again? Awesome.

But look on the bright side, it gives you the chance to make a pointless moaning post about what people should and shouldn't be posting.

Jonnyboy
30-07-2011, 08:21 PM

Anybody know where I can buy a porcupine? :greengrin

down-the-slope
30-07-2011, 08:23 PM
But look on the bright side, it gives you the chance to make a pointless moaning post about what people should and shouldn't be posting.

:agree:

:faf:

The Falcon
30-07-2011, 08:24 PM
As the manager was not slow to mention after the match....but lets enjoy the signs of progress..

:agree:

Yip. !
1st win of season, 1st win at Inverness, 1st goal back for GOC and a clean sheet as well. Glory Glory.

Jonnyboy
30-07-2011, 08:28 PM

It always amazes me at the number of Managers who trot that line out. Yogi did it endlessly and JC offered it up a fair few times. What I'd really like is for them to explain what it actually means :greengrin

down-the-slope
30-07-2011, 08:40 PM
It always amazes me at the number of Managers who trot that line out. Yogi did it endlessly and JC offered it up a fair few times. What I'd really like is for them to explain what it actually means :greengrin

This wasn't the usual line JB...talked about frailty at set plays and that we would lose goals from that if we did not learn / work on it

http://thundafunda.com/33/animals-pictures-nature/porcupine-pictures.php

Jonnyboy
30-07-2011, 09:08 PM
This wasn't the usual line JB...talked about frailty at set plays and that we would lose goals from that if we did not learn / work on it

http://thundafunda.com/33/animals-pictures-nature/porcupine-pictures.php

Somebody tell Blackpool I've ordered this for him :greengrin

Beefster
31-07-2011, 07:51 AM

If my post is a pointless one moaning about what folk should and shouldn't post, I just took my cue from the OP.

The irony in you telling me that a post of mine is pointless is superb though.

MCC Hibs
31-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Any more monkeys to come of our backs...:cup:

down-the-slope
31-07-2011, 08:33 AM
[/B]

Somebody tell Blackpool I've ordered this for him :greengrin

The new club mascot.....:greengrin

ahibby
31-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Poor show we only won by one late goal when Motherwell took three of them last week.:wink:

down-the-slope
31-07-2011, 09:56 PM
so how have you miserable sods been getting your fix this weekend? .... complaining about the weather...price of fuel....your wifes perfume...:confused:

Im now concerned the withdrawals might be really hard for you....:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
01-08-2011, 01:27 AM
If my post is a pointless one moaning about what folk should and shouldn't post, I just took my cue from the OP.

The irony in you telling me that a post of mine is pointless is superb though.

Therin lies the difference. I know that it's a Scottish Football team supporters forum, and I generally treat it as pointless fun in my posts. I'm happy for others to post whatever nonsense they want, knowing that I can ignore it if it irritates me.

I'm not posting to try and control/censor or proscribe, through torn-faced disapproval, (as if anybody would take heed anyway) what people choose to post.

Anyway, enough of all this serious stuff! Let's get back to some doom and gloom and happy clapping!

IWasThere2016
01-08-2011, 08:05 AM

Always saw BH as a giver, no a taker - he's defo a jerker though :greengrin

Expecting Rain
01-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Watched the highlights, the positives were that we created chances and the negatives we conceded lots of scoring opportunities and numerous penalty claims, it was more a relief to get three points than anything else.

sunshine1875
01-08-2011, 10:31 AM
so how have you miserable sods been getting your fix this weekend? .... complaining about the weather...price of fuel....your wifes perfume...:confused:

Im now concerned the withdrawals might be really hard for you....:greengrin

I had a great week-end up North and to finally see the Hibs win was great. In fact, I don't recall seeing many Hibs goals at ICT's stadium, so to get a last minute winner was fantastic. Were you at the game, by the way?

Despite no access to a computer during my time North, I knew that there would be some-one who would start a thread like this. Let us look at the facts!

We have now gone one win in our last one game - that is fantastic! Compare that to thirteen wins, nine draws and thirty-two losses in our previous last fifty-four SPL games. The corner has really been turned, hasn't it! The truth is we don't know. Yes - there are encouraging features from Saturday and yes - we were playing a poor ICT team with no killer punch. In that second half, we were on the ropes!

So am I happy - yes. Will I continue to comment on the negatives as I see them - yes, I will. Will I continue to comment on the positives as I see them - yes, I will. The negatives have overwelmed the positives during the last fifty five games. Let's hope that there will be reverse in those fortunes over the next weeks, months and years ahead.

R'Albin
01-08-2011, 10:40 AM
I had a great week-end up North and to finally see the Hibs win was great. In fact, I don't recall seeing many Hibs goals at ICT's stadium, so to get a last minute winner was fantastic. .

I'm pretty sure we scored something like 3 goals before Saturday?

smurf
01-08-2011, 11:01 AM
I had a great week-end up North and to finally see the Hibs win was great. In fact, I don't recall seeing many Hibs goals at ICT's stadium, so to get a last minute winner was fantastic. Were you at the game, by the way?

Despite no access to a computer during my time North, I knew that there would be some-one who would start a thread like this. Let us look at the facts!

We have now gone one win in our last one game - that is fantastic! Compare that to thirteen wins, nine draws and thirty-two losses in our previous last fifty-four SPL games. The corner has really been turned, hasn't it! The truth is we don't know. Yes - there are encouraging features from Saturday and yes - we were playing a poor ICT team with no killer punch. In that second half, we were on the ropes!

So am I happy - yes. Will I continue to comment on the negatives as I see them - yes, I will. Will I continue to comment on the positives as I see them - yes, I will. The negatives have overwelmed the positives during the last fifty five games. Let's hope that there will be reverse in those fortunes over the next weeks, months and years ahead.

Excellent post. I find posts such as the OP pretty pathetic as if a section of the support don't want us to do well. The so called 'Doom and Gloomers' are assessing over a fairly long period of time. An example being an entire SPL season last and finishing tenth....

The past though is the past. It can't be changed. Let's hope those in control with responsibility at ER are shaping things nicely for a much better future with Saturday the start.

hibs0666
01-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Excellent post. I find posts such as the OP pretty pathetic as if a section of the support don't want us to do well. The so called 'Doom and Gloomers' are assessing over a fairly long period of time. An example being an entire SPL season last and finishing tenth....

The past though is the past. It can't be changed. Let's hope those in control with responsibility at ER are shaping things nicely for a much better future with Saturday the start.

We have got exactly the same number of points from our first two games as we managed last season. :thumbsup:

Last season, we then subsequently managed 5 points from a possible 27. However, I will absolutely guarantee the Kings of Gloom and the Merchants of Doom that we will comfortably exceed that total in the forthcoming nine league games. :na na:

And when we do, I'm sure that the D&G-ers will be delighted to be proven wrong. :aok:

Thecat23
01-08-2011, 11:20 AM

Spot on mate. I don't understand why folk say the doom and gloomers, when there has been valid points spoke. Ok some not so good, but folk are just worried we were heading in the wrong direction. Here's hoping things have picked up and we can all move forward and upwards. :thumbsup:

marinello59
01-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Spot on mate. I don't understand why folk say the doom and gloomers, when there has been valid points spoke. Ok some not so good, but folk are just worried we were heading in the wrong direction. Here's hoping things have picked up and we can all move forward and upwards. :thumbsup:

I don't understand the need for labels like that at all. It only causes division. Peace and love to all.:greengrin

hibiedude
01-08-2011, 11:47 AM
3 points and we're back to world beaters :wink: i'll get back to the pool bar in Crete :na na:

The Sea-gull
01-08-2011, 12:04 PM

Great post. :top marks

Seems that even when we win some can't resist a wee dig at people who have a different opinion to theres and maybe unlike them, can't see a positive in everything Hibernian related.

Great win on Saturday - yes absolutely given that any win right now is great and even more so seen as we all know what our record up there is like. Great to get the monkey off theback.

Great performance on Saturday - no but not terrible either. Line is so fine in football that if we had lost a last minute goal and lost on Sat some would be getting pelters for posting about all of our well documented problems. Had we lost it would be wrong to suggest the end is nigh but the problems would definitely still be there. Just because we won, lets not prentend all is well with Hibs now. Great win but the problems must still be addressed and the jury is still out on CC and many of these players.

I think that it is a myth (as insinuated by some) that any Hibs-supporting poster enjoys posting negatively about anything Hibs related. Nothing wrong with giving an honest opionion even if it is scathing about the club from time to time.

Great win on Saturday though but they'll know there is still a lot of improvement required as on another day that could have easily been a draw or even a defeat.

R'Albin
01-08-2011, 12:07 PM
I don't understand the need for labels like that at all. It only causes division. Peace and love to all.:greengrin

Happy clapper...:greengrin

Thecat23
01-08-2011, 12:13 PM
3 points and we're back to world beaters :wink: i'll get back to the pool bar in Crete :na na:

I'll get back to my sweat shop of an office while sitting next to the fattest most honking person to ever grace the planet. So enjoy that pool!!!! :agree:

--------
01-08-2011, 12:36 PM

Indeed.

Throwing names around is a sure sign of either a weak argument or a weak intellect, IMO.

I throw THAT in in a pure spirit of peace and love to all, of course... :devil:

aberhibsfc
01-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm happy too, 3 points a GOC goal and our first win at Inverness.

Some reason for optomism, i'd be more optomistic when I see a few more signings.

But lets no get carried away either way. Let's enjoy the moment but not forget there's work to be done.

marinello59
01-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Happy clapper...:greengrin

:tee hee:

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Its funny how when we win a game us Doom and gloomers :faf: are not allowed to enjoy it without someone having a pop.

Yet when we lose or play badly, the doom and gloomers :rolleyes: only state whats happened and do so without the need to have a go at anyone except those who have contributed towards that defeat, IE the management or team.

Todays a good day as a Hibs fan :top marks :flag: , god there's been enough bad one's recently. I really hope we keep it up, some folk wont believe that, i dont give a toss. :na na:

Although if it all goes tits up again, dont expect us doom and gloomers :rolleyes: to forget.

marinello59
01-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Its funny how when we win a game us Doom and gloomers :faf: are not allowed to enjoy it without someone having a pop.

Yet when we lose or play badly, the doom and gloomers :rolleyes: only state whats happened and do so without the need to have a go at anyone except those who have contributed towards that defeat, IE the management or team.

Todays a good day as a Hibs fan :top marks :flag: , god there's been enough bad one's recently. I really hope we keep it up, some folk wont believe that, i dont give a toss. :na na:

Although if it all goes tits up again, dont expect us doom and gloomers :rolleyes: to forget.
:faf: Aye, right. Those deluded green tinted spectacle wearing Petrie lovers are the only ones who throw out insults.

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2011, 02:10 PM
:faf: Aye, right. Those deluded green tinted spectacle wearing Petrie lovers are the only ones who throw out insults.

Maybe i'm not looking in the right places??? I dont remember seeing a thread attacking happy clappers for a long time???It does seem to me though, if you dont think everything is rosy in the garden you are looked on as if you have two heads, or the devil.

No idea why anyone would think winning would upset some fans? No idea why anyone would say so, and no idea why this thread exists other than to troll, something i am regularly accused of doing?

We won on saturday,:thumbsup: yet if we'd lost and a thread was started about the happy clappers, it would have been jumped upon. Personally i thought all that crap had died, but obviously not?

marinello59
01-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Maybe i'm not looking in the right places??? I dont remember seeing a thread attacking happy clappers for a long time???It does seem to me though, if you dont think everything is rosy in the garden you are looked on as if you have two heads, or the devil.

No idea why anyone would think winning would upset some fans? No idea why anyone would say so, and no idea why this thread exists other than to troll, something i am regularly accused of doing?

We won on saturday,:thumbsup: yet if we'd lost and a thread was started about the happy clappers, it would have been jumped upon. Personally i thought all that crap had died, but obviously not?

I have already said in this thread that the whole happly clapper / doom and gloomer thing is divisive. The vast majority of posters here occasionally fall in to either mindset but usually walk the middle ground.
To pretend that only one ''side'' dishes out abuse or pointless snidey remarks though would be the schoolboys equivalent of saying. ''it wisna me'' or ''they started it'' etc etc. It's only a fitba forum at the end of the day..........it's supposed to be fun. We won so were all happy just now.....aren't we?

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2011, 02:47 PM
I have already said in this thread that the whole happly clapper / doom and gloomer thing is divisive. The vast majority of posters here occasionally fall in to either mindset but usually walk the middle ground.
To pretend that only one ''side'' dishes out abuse or pointless snidey remarks though would be the schoolboys equivalent of saying. ''it wisna me'' or ''they started it'' etc etc. It's only a fitba forum at the end of the day..........it's supposed to be fun. We won so were all happy just now.....aren't we?

Cant speak for anyone else, but i am. :agree: It does not bother me one bit i'm classed as a doom and gloomer, but if i or someone else starts a thread with happy clappers on it, dont be surprised if it causes a wee bit of bother.

Yes we can argue the merits of whats good or bad at any given moment, and there's been some good and bad debates over those very things, but as i said i have not seen any posts having a pop at happy clappers, yet once again after one win we see this one, and we are the ones accused of the knee jerk reactions?:confused:

sahib
01-08-2011, 02:53 PM

Exactly, if people didn't want Hibs to win they would hardly be bothered about the running of the club and the quality of the team. A season like the last one would dispirit and generally bring down the best of us . As I said on another thread, it is often difficult to predict what sort of season the team is going to have just by looking at the squad on paper.

marinello59
01-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Cant speak for anyone else, but i am. :agree: It does not bother me one bit i'm classed as a doom and gloomer, but if i or someone else starts a thread with happy clappers on it, dont be surprised if it causes a wee bit of bother.

Yes we can argue the merits of whats good or bad at any given moment, and there's been some good and bad debates over those very things, but as i said i have not seen any posts having a pop at happy clappers, yet once again after one win we see this one, and we are the ones accused of the knee jerk reactions?:confused:

We are two midlle aged men having a discussion about school yard style insults on a footy forum. It's madness isn't it. :greengrin

(Ya big doom and gloomer ya. :na na:)

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
We are two midlle aged men having a discussion about school yard style insults on a footy forum. It's madness isn't it. :greengrin

(Ya big doom and gloomer ya. :na na:)

:agree: :faf: :aok:

down-the-slope
01-08-2011, 03:45 PM
:greengrin

Expecting Rain
02-08-2011, 08:36 AM
As much as the win on saturday was welcome it came with a lot of good fortune, the positive to take from that was that Colin Calderwood was well aware of our good luck and our glaring weaknesses.