PDA

View Full Version : Hoodoo No More - Well Done CC

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2011, 03:59 PM
As someone who isn't convinced by Calderwood, I'd like to offer him congrats on doing what no other Hibs manager has been able to do, and get the embarrassing Inverness monkey of our backs.

Yes, perhaps we were lucky, perhaps we are Barry White, but football is a confidence-based game and three away points on the board is welcome. I had gotten to the stage where I thought we'd never win up there in my lifetime, so bring on the Scottish Cup.

Have a drink and relax tonight, CC, you torn-faced hoodoo buster, you.

Barney McGrew
30-07-2011, 04:00 PM
As someone who isn't convinced by Calderwood, I'd like to offer him congrats on doing what no other Hibs manager has been able to do, and get the embarrassing Inverness monkey of our backs.

Yes, perhaps we were lucky, perhaps we are Barry White, but football is a confidence-based game and three away points on the board is welcome. I had gotten to the stage where I thought we'd never win up there in my lifetime, so bring on the Scottish Cup.

:rotflmao:

:top marks

skipster7
30-07-2011, 04:01 PM
:agree:lets hope all our hoodoos go this season:agree:

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2011, 04:05 PM
:agree:lets hope all our hoodoos go this season:agree:

I keep hoping. This never-having-had-a-three-way-with-Natalie Portman-and-Scarlett Johansen has been getting me down, and it's high time it went, along with the Scottish Cup jinx.

CallumLaidlaw
30-07-2011, 04:08 PM
No matter how we played. With our record up there and need for confidence, that is a FANTASTIC result. ICT are tricky for anyone to play against. And at the end of the day, 3pt is 3pts

Bishop Hibee
30-07-2011, 04:14 PM
After seeing 1 shot (off target) in 180 mins of football v Celtc and Blackpool, any win is welcome but ICT away doubly so.

Who cares about a goalie error. You don't shoot you don't score.

I'm away to gatecrash the royal wedding party. A few of bottles of our sponsor's finest should guarantee entry :party:

J-C
30-07-2011, 04:41 PM
OK let's reword this post.
Delighted by the win and happy for the team but still not convinced by Calderwood and his tactics. Still certain players out of position and not playing to form and missing 3-4 players. We could've lost 3-0 easily but for defence, midfield still very weak and unless we get the players needed, it's going to be a long hard season. Apologies if original post came over too negative.

down-the-slope
30-07-2011, 04:44 PM
It might appear lucky given last 15 mins when ICT had several chances...

Fact is that Esson was MOM and made several good saves as well as chances that went wide...the system IS right and needs time an some other players to wok fully...BUT there is progress..and as long as we can see that I think that fans will start getting behind the team again...

a 0-0 up there would have been a very good result in all the circumstances...3 points the win and the end of that miserable record is just fantastic :not worth

She board...the investment in those over night hotel rooms paid dividends :wink:

Now some more development and getting injured players back against Sunderland and then on to next match with maybe addition/s to squad

johnrebus
30-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Happy with the win but it's only papering over the large cracks.:confused:

Here we go again........,

CallumLaidlaw
30-07-2011, 04:47 PM

What cracks? Inverness had a good spell at the end, but esson made 4or 5 cracking saves, and Sproule should have done better with another chance

erin go bragh
30-07-2011, 04:49 PM
There`s always 1 :rolleyes: none of our super teams managed a win up there so lets just enjoy the moment :greengrin
ggtth

Sir David Gray
30-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Also noticed that we're now in our highest league position since the opening day of last season! :thumbsup:

Jim44
30-07-2011, 04:56 PM

Who knows, maybe Calderwood has a pack of Pollyfilla near hand.

aberhibsfc
30-07-2011, 05:27 PM

Bang on.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-07-2011, 05:30 PM

You sound disappointed that those cracks didn't appear today?

BT58
30-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Jeez its a win.... Whooopeee
a win that has passed us by for many seasons
Well done the team, well done CC, well done tam mccourt ( nah)
We are a team in transition,,, team are getting to know each other
Lets just enjoy the moment
BT:thumbsup::thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
30-07-2011, 06:09 PM

54% possession
4-2 Hibs on target
1-0 Hibs
First win there
Their keeper MOM.

These are the facts!

Happy with the win but it doesnae paper o'er the moaning mare like!

Andy74
30-07-2011, 06:27 PM
54% possession
4-2 Hibs on target
1-0 Hibs
First win there
Their keeper MOM.

These are the facts!

Happy with the win but it doesnae paper o'er the moaning mare like!

Yep, end of the day it's a good three points in a place that's been tough for us. Nice to get off the mark too which will help the confidence.

Franck Stanton
30-07-2011, 06:30 PM

Ye just cannae please some folk. [ This has to be a wind-up eh ? ]

J-C
30-07-2011, 06:41 PM
As I said happy with the win as I didn't expect it and even shouted in the back garden as the goal was scored for my wife to tell me to keep it down a bit. :greengrin

From the commentary I listened to on BBC Scotland both teams were pretty awful in the first half, yes a couple of shots were Essen made a couple of saves, one coming off his face and an offside goal fro Murray, says a lot when an average keeper with2-3 average saves gets man of the match. the 2nd half we were very lucky not to be 3-0 down by the end if it wasn't for their poor finishing as they were all over us, the goal was a sickener for them and as I said, delighted for the win but was still a pretty poor performance.

Wotherspoon inefective......Stevenson poor again.....Palsson pretty poor and passing by a lot of the backs and midfield very poor. Booth was again a standout with GOC upfront on his lonesome again, even Murdo Mcleod was saying he was crying out for a partner and didn't understand why sproule wasn't used as this using his pace up front, it wasn't till the last 20 mins when this happened and the game opened up and chances came.

Hibrandenburg
30-07-2011, 06:42 PM

Oh jolly bad show old chap :-)

J-C
30-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Away hame and take yer tablets. You know the wee maroon lithuanian re-imports.

And you sir can take a flying one tae yersel ya erse.

Keith_M
30-07-2011, 07:16 PM
I keep hoping. This never-having-had-a-three-way-with-Natalie Portman-and-Scarlett Johansen has been getting me down, and it's high time it went, along with the Scottish Cup jinx.

Don't get your hopes up, it wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be.

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
30-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Well done.

Three times as many points as the Gorgie Tossers this early in the season.

I'm feeling good.

Tricla
30-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Away hame and take yer tablets. You know the wee maroon lithuanian re-imports.

And you sir can take a flying one tae yersel ya erse.

:take that

scoopyboy
30-07-2011, 08:49 PM
The vast majority of us would have take three points from our opening two fixtures.

A draw at home to Celtic and a draw today would have been acceptable to most so to have more than two points is a bonus.

Removed
30-07-2011, 09:25 PM
The vast majority of us would have take three points from our opening two fixtures.A draw at home to Celtic and a draw today would have been acceptable to most so to have more than two points is a bonus.:agree:Shocked when I got a text saying we'd won, I did a minger of a wheelie to celebrate :greengrin

jacomo
30-07-2011, 10:17 PM

We've had a succession of managers who started well and then fell apart. Wouldn't it be nice if CC proved us doubters wrong?

:flag:

Kato
30-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Congrats to all involved in taking the first three points of the season.

Kato
30-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Wotherspoon inefective......Stevenson poor again.....Palsson pretty poor and passing by a lot of the backs and midfield very poor. Booth was again a standout with GOC upfront on his lonesome again, even Murdo Mcleod was saying he was crying out for a partner and didn't understand why sproule wasn't used as this using his pace up front, it wasn't till the last 20 mins when this happened and the game opened up and chances came.

The view of the ICT pitch from your back garden must be pretty good.

Bayern Bru
30-07-2011, 11:31 PM

:top marks:greengrin

LeithBoozy
31-07-2011, 01:51 AM
I am happy with the players CC has brought in so far, it is a completely new squad never mind team. He managed to get 3 teams promoted in 6 years, you just dont achieve that without kwowing how to be a winner. Time for us to get behind him and give him our full support. :greengrin

J-C
31-07-2011, 09:51 AM

Erm didn't finish work till 2.30pm, quite impossible toget there for kickoff :confused: Radio Scotland only way to listen and I listened to whole game.

R'Albin
31-07-2011, 10:35 AM

:tee hee:

matty_f
31-07-2011, 11:31 AM
I watched the highlights on hibs tv this morning and thought it looked like a good game with a fairly good performance from us.
What I'm liking is that we now seem to have a coherent system to our play. We look like an organized football team, which is something that couldn't be said for us under yogi. We attack with purpose with players getting forward into good positions, and we are defending with purpose as well.
I don't think we are anywhere near as poor as some folk would have had you believe at the start of the season, and we will improve on where we are now as well.

Hibrandenburg
31-07-2011, 02:35 PM
OK let's reword this post.
Delighted by the win and happy for the team but still not convinced by Calderwood and his tactics. Still certain players out of position and not playing to form and missing 3-4 players. We could've lost 3-0 easily but for defence, midfield still very weak and unless we get the players needed, it's going to be a long hard season. Apologies if original post came over too negative.
Fair doos to you and please accept my apologies for my over reaction to yours.

J-C
31-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Fair doos to you and please accept my apologies for my over reaction to yours.

No probs mate, don't like falling out with fellow Hibees, we are all in this together, just wanted to get a bit of realism into the result that's all, hopefully 2-3 new signings and Agogo fit for next match.