PDA

View Full Version : NHC Goodwillie signs for Blackburn Rovers

Hibernia Na Eir
29-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Something like £2.2m (£2m upfront), thats the difference !

Rangers not even close :greengrin

Not quite working out for Super Ally :na na:

Nice one Daveed :thumbsup:

R'Albin
29-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Always thought he had a beautiful voice- good luck to him!

Hibernia Na Eir
29-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Now we just need Malmo to complete things next week :greengrin

A full set !

frazeHFC
29-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Hate him. Delighted he has left. Hope he fails miserably down there.

Hibernia Na Eir
29-07-2011, 09:50 PM

always been a thorn in Hibs' side and, IIRC, he became the youngest ever SPL scorer. With a goal at Easter Rd!

He would have hurt us had he singed for that lot. So good that DUFC took the sensible money from the bigger team.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2011, 09:53 PM
I think it's best that he goes down south, rather than to Glasgow. He is a marked man up here as far as nights out are concerned although I don't really think he needs that much encouragement to attract trouble.

I think he'll do pretty well in the Premiership, it'll be interesting to see how he handles the extra attention that being a Premiership footballer brings though.

R'Albin
29-07-2011, 09:54 PM
always been a thorn in Hibs' side and, IIRC, he became the youngest ever SPL scorer. With a goal at Easter Rd!

He would have hurt us had he singed for that lot. So good that DUFC took the sensible money from the bigger team.

I thought it was the 2-2 game at Tannadice? I'm probably wrong..

darwenhibby
29-07-2011, 09:56 PM

In all fairness I hope he does well, it has only been recently that the reputation of SPL players being good enough for the EPL is beginning to sway back in the right direction.
Stevie Fletcher having the balls to snub the OF in favour of the premiership I think was the first after Barry Ferguson greetin for Bothwell.
The English clubs will always be able to outbid Rantic, thus they cannot raid the quality players of their opponents just to weaken them.

CallumLaidlaw
29-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Price I've seen is £2.8m which is weird considering utd stated they wanted £2m. He is a very good player. I'm glad he's gone down south and hope he does well so he can develop as a Scotland player. If he doesn't do well, he'll be at the old firm within 2 years

Sir David Gray
29-07-2011, 10:20 PM
I thought it was the 2-2 game at Tannadice? I'm probably wrong..

Nah, it came in a 3-1 win for us at Easter Road in March '06. He came on with 4 minutes left and got one back for them at the end.

He was 16 years and 341 days old at the time.

I can vaguely remember the goal too. It was up the FF end if I remember correctly.

lucky
29-07-2011, 10:30 PM
He is a good player but a horrible little ****my bag off it. Glad he has went south but fear it will end of tears

Jonnyboy
29-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Nah, it came in a 3-1 win for us at Easter Road in March '06. He came on with 4 minutes left and got one back for them at the end.

I can vaguely remember the goal too. It was up the FF end if I remember correctly.

:agree:

IWasThere2016
29-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Price I've seen is £2.8m which is weird considering utd stated they wanted £2m. He is a very good player. I'm glad he's gone down south and hope he does well so he can develop as a Scotland player. If he doesn't do well, he'll be at the old firm within 2 years

£2m upfront, and clauses up to another £0.8m

R'Albin
29-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Is there not only 365 days in a year?

I'm a bit lost?

Sir David Gray
29-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Is there not only 365 days in a year?

:confused: Yes.

I don't see what you're getting at though. :dunno:

DH1875
29-07-2011, 11:56 PM
More than happy he hasn't ended up at der hun. Their penny pushing attitude does my head in. How much did they sell Wilson for? and would love to see their valuation of dross like Fleck.

DH1875
30-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Has this been confirmed? Sky Sports reporting that Blackburn have made an offer but that Rangers are still in the hunt.

.Sean.
30-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Class act on the foorball park, such a pity he's the human epitomy of dug **** off the field. An absolute fanny.

.Sean.
30-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Nah, it came in a 3-1 win for us at Easter Road in March '06. He came on with 4 minutes left and got one back for them at the end.He was 16 years and 341 days old at the time.I can vaguely remember the goal too. It was up the FF end if I remember correctly. Yup. Riordan scored early abd we had a bumper crowd as the match ticket acted as a cup semi final voucher for the part timers ;)

Sir David Gray
30-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Yup. Riordan scored early abd we had a bumper crowd as the match ticket acted as a cup semi final voucher for the part timers ;)

Cup semi finals?

I can vaguely remember them too!

Only just though! :boo hoo:

greenlex
30-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Hope he likes chicken.

Removed
30-07-2011, 09:44 AM
More than happy he hasn't ended up at der hun. Their penny pushing attitude does my head in. How much did they sell Wilson for? and would love to see their valuation of dross like Fleck. Is that the same as penny pinching? :confused: :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Joey Barton will be glad if it joins Blackburn. For once, he will able to point the finger and tut-tut.

Caversham Green
30-07-2011, 10:02 AM
In all fairness I hope he does well, it has only been recently that the reputation of SPL players being good enough for the EPL is beginning to sway back in the right direction.
Stevie Fletcher having the balls to snub the OF in favour of the premiership I think was the first after Barry Ferguson greetin for Bothwell.
The English clubs will always be able to outbid Rantic, thus they cannot raid the quality players of their opponents just to weaken them.

It was actually Rod Petrie and/or "Mixup" that had the balls to snub the OF. Fletcher was desperate to go to Celtc in the January window before he was sold. Articles about his "Hibs hell" etc appeared in various papers.

Kaiser1962
30-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Something like £2.2m (£2m upfront), thats the difference !

Rangers not even close :greengrin

According to the accounts Blackburn brought in £58m season before last of which matchday income only generated £6m.
Gate money makes up slightly over 10% of their income, thats the real and overwhelming difference.

It has been shown that Rangers (and Celtic) are unable to compete financially with English sides now down to mid level Championship. Changed days indeed but does not augur well for the rest of us either.

Kaiser1962
30-07-2011, 10:18 AM
It was actually Rod Petrie and/or "Mixup" that had the balls to snub the OF. Fletcher was desperate to go to Celtc in the January window before he was sold. Articles about his "Hibs hell" etc appeared in various papers.

Took a bit of a huff to boot after publicly urging Hibs to agree a deal with Celtic.

MacBean
30-07-2011, 12:12 PM
apparently this isnt quite a done deal, well according ESPN as they have just interviewed Ally McCoist saying he is still chasing him and hopeful it will go thru

Sodje_18
30-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Well done to him for showing ambition, more than some of our lot ever did.
hope he does well, could be one for the national side in years to come. Just need to hope he goes down there with a decent attitude and stays out of trouble (Can't see that though)

DH1875
30-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Is that the same as penny pinching? :confused: :wink:

Erm... I don't know, maybe. Sometimes I get confused :Ummm:.

Fife-Hibee
30-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Yeah, scored in the last minute. Cost me £500 !!! TWAT :grr:

johnbc70
31-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Deal off, could not agree personal terms. Wonder if he was being greedy?

The Falcon
31-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Deal off, could not agree personal terms. Wonder if he was being greedy?

Do we know if he's a hun? If so is he trying to engineer a move towards greyskull? Cant imagine that Rangers will pay higher wages than Blackburn.

Since90+2
31-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Do we know if he's a hun? If so is he trying to engineer a move towards greyskull? Cant imagine that Rangers will pay higher wages than Blackburn.

He is a hun. When he collected his Young Player of the Year award he said on stage he wants Rangers to win the league (without being asked , just came out with it).

sahib
31-07-2011, 09:11 AM

I am glad someone pointed this out. Although, credit to him for making the correct decision in the end.

down-the-slope
31-07-2011, 03:02 PM
well done Thomson....taking a leaf out of Rods book and in effect telling the OF to put up or shut up.......

£2 million up front & 800k in add ons from Blackburn in one reliable report....its also claiming that the sell on clause would net United MORE than origional transfer....:confused: Now that would be a deal

It could be Chicken Tonight...right enough :greengrin

IWasThere2016
31-07-2011, 08:14 PM
He'll go to Rovers - terms agreed, medical tomorrow.

down-the-slope
31-07-2011, 09:23 PM

Cue the Bears throwing their Teddies out he pram :greengrin

Hibbyradge
31-07-2011, 09:27 PM
United are getting £1m now and £1m in a year's time. :agree:

ScottB
31-07-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm mystified as to why any club would be willing to pay money for a guy who still has several court cases due, and has been up how many times now for assault and the like? Obviously that's from a business point of view.

Seems like a walking liability as likely to get himself jailed as score a goal.

Speedway
01-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Cue the Bears throwing their Teddies out he pram :greengrin

So the teddies are throwing themselves out of the pram then?

DH1875
01-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Deal's still not done and he's on his way back up the road :confused:.
Rangers have had a 5th bid rejected :faf:, WTF are they playing at.

Judas Iscariot
01-08-2011, 06:51 PM

Aye?!

:cool2:

DH1875
01-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Aye?!

:agree: Like I said, on his way back up the road. Didn't even get as far as the medical.

Jonnyboy
01-08-2011, 07:26 PM
So the teddies are throwing themselves out of the pram then?

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
02-08-2011, 05:26 AM
Aye?!

Aye - just a blip :wink:

greenlex
02-08-2011, 03:15 PM
SSN reporting a 6th bid by Rangers rejected.
Goodwillie at Blackburn having a medical but it will spill over into tomorrow. They must be going over him very thoroughly. (Where's my surgical glove smiley?)

The Sea-gull
02-08-2011, 03:25 PM
If the deal is not done yet and is dragging a bit, could be that Peter Houston and Steve Kean are old mates and this is just a ploy to get more money out of Rangers?

Blackburn not really interested but United looking to give Rangers the impression they are in order to get them to part with what they are looking for?

Stranger conspiracies have been out there..............

WindyMiller
02-08-2011, 03:28 PM
SSN reporting a 6th bid by Rangers rejected.
Goodwillie at Blackburn having a medical but it will spill over into tomorrow. They must be going over him very thoroughly. (Where's my surgical glove smiley?)

Painful!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZIRoUdLr2cmSsiGVJBi4YiZkh7qB2y NsYDTZ7JeiXp_6jfhRL

HibbyAndy
03-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Wish Goodwillie would just bloody sign for BR !!! Huns had 5 and 6 bids rejected . They better no end up getting him :bitchy::bitchy:

Just wanna see the back of him in the SPL as he always score against us and is a very decent player.

IWasThere2016
03-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Wish Goodwillie would just bloody sign for BR !!! Huns had 5 and 6 bids rejected . They better no end up getting him :bitchy::bitchy:

Just wanna see the back of him in the SPL as he always score against us and is a very decent player.

Latest word out of Tannadeechee and Beeb Sportsdesk is he will sign for 'Gers .. "Heavies on signing for the Huns"

FFS! :grr:

down-the-slope
03-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Latest word out of Tannadeechee and Beeb Sportsdesk is he will sign for 'Gers .. "Heavies on signing for the Huns"

FFS! :grr:

Unless Willie refuses to sign for BR can't see it... (that would leave United with big hole in finance)

But BR are offering much bigger chunk up front...Rangers are going for the OF £5 per week......

Also are Rangers really going to match £20k per week...particularly if it can't be half paid 'offshore'

J-C
03-08-2011, 12:30 PM
The lad's a big Rangers fan like his dad, so will be waiting to see if Rangers match Blackburn's offer, maybe just wages being offered by Rangers isn't enough yet.

DH1875
03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Does anyone think he's worth £20k a week :crazy:. Really can't see der Hun giving him that.

R'Albin
03-08-2011, 05:32 PM
If the deal is not done yet and is dragging a bit, could be that Peter Houston and Steve Kean are old mates and this is just a ploy to get more money out of Rangers?

Blackburn not really interested but United looking to give Rangers the impression they are in order to get them to part with what they are looking for?

Stranger conspiracies have been out there..............

I could see that being true actually:agree:

Mary Hinge
03-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Does anyone think he's worth £20k a week :crazy:. Really can't see der Hun giving him that.

Der Hun have had a few knockbacks recently and desperation is now kicking in, they'll probably pay silly money just to get a player that we've heard of :agree:

Hibee87
03-08-2011, 06:02 PM
the deal hasnt stalled as such BR are waiting on a mri scan coming back from the medical (which i find strange as i havnt heard of a mro scan for aplayers medica before but hey ho)

how much are you pishing yourself about rangers though? the current buns are meant to be raging 'claiming' they have matched BR offer but that was rejected also (a claim which thomson is denying though) its typical rangers and weegie press trying to force the player to beg to come. best quote from a hun i heard was 'its cheating, a club shouldnt be alowed to approve a bid from one team but not another if they have offered the same' :faf: when i pointed out that utd have every right to not want to weakin there own team and stengthen an oposition in the same league he said 'aye well it still shouldny be alowed'

Wembley67
03-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Confirmed signed for blackburn

Winston Ingram
03-08-2011, 06:07 PM
SSN breaking news - he has signed for Blackburn:greengrin

Serves the Huns right. Trying to bully an SPL club with a crap fee and paying it umpteen instalments.

All of a sudden when it looks like they are losing out, they go to their 7th bid and get nowt:na na:

Skanko79
03-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Good move for the lad, hopefully he does the biz down there. Can maybe see him being punted out on loan though, He's a cracking player.

down-the-slope
03-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Bears will be chucking the Teddies out the pram again.....(sorry but that image is so funny it bore repeating :greengrin)

snooky
03-08-2011, 06:15 PM
the deal hasnt stalled as such BR are waiting on a mri scan coming back from the medical (which i find strange as i havnt heard of a mro scan for aplayers medica before but hey ho)

how much are you pishing yourself about rangers though? the current buns are meant to be raging 'claiming' they have matched BR offer but that was rejected also (a claim which thomson is denying though) its typical rangers and weegie press trying to force the player to beg to come. best quote from a hun i heard was 'its cheating, a club shouldnt be alowed to approve a bid from one team but not another if they have offered the same' :faf: when i pointed out that utd have every right to not want to weakin there own team and stengthen an oposition in the same league he said 'aye well it still shouldny be alowed'

"Awbuddy else an' thur dugs ken whits gaun oan"

easty
03-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Good move for the lad, hopefully he does the biz down there. Can maybe see him being punted out on loan though, He's a cracking player.

I dont see him being loaned out. Blackburn must have one of the weakest front lines in the EPL, they've been like that for years. I can see Goodwillie scoring a few goals this season for them.

O'Rourke3
03-08-2011, 06:19 PM
BBC Texting that they understand he hasn't signed yet and stating "it looks like our Sky colleagues are a bit quick off the mark":rolleyes:

Problem with Rangers seems to be incremental offers. BR bid £2.8M
so Rangers up their bid to 1.5 , 1.6, 1.7 etc. If they were serious it'd have been £3M to top the BR bid. Sounds like they up the money after they've been in the sofa looking for any spare cash. "Em, will you take 30p just now and the balance after we beat Malmo?"

Skanko79
03-08-2011, 06:20 PM
I dont see him being loaned out. Blackburn must have one of the weakest front lines in the EPL, they've been like that for years. I can see Goodwillie scoring a few goals this season for them.

Dont get me wrong, i would love to see him thrown straight in to see if he done the biz straight away or not but cant see it. I reckon he will end up at a championship club for 6 months to a season.

Winston Ingram
03-08-2011, 08:46 PM
http://yfrog.com/h32tdbsj

Ryan91
03-08-2011, 08:53 PM
good move for David, he'll score goals when he plays, had he moved to the Hun's it would have been sideward step. Blackburn have never had a forward line that's been worthy of much praise compared to others in the same league. All the best to the lad at his new club, he's gone to the right place for advancing his career.

IWasThere2016
03-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Excellent news - although a bad season and the Hun'll likely get him at a discount!

down-the-slope
03-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Unless Willie refuses to sign for BR can't see it... (that would leave United with big hole in finance)

But BR are offering much bigger chunk up front...Rangers are going for the OF £5 per week......

Also are Rangers really going to match £20k per week...particularly if it can't be half paid 'offshore'

:coffee: teddies prams bears....

basehibby
03-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Dont get me wrong, i would love to see him thrown straight in to see if he done the biz straight away or not but cant see it. I reckon he will end up at a championship club for 6 months to a season.

That'd be a surprise to me - they've coughed up £2.8M after all and he's a player with some European and international experience. I'd expect him to be used off the bench at first and eased in from there.

GloryGlory
04-08-2011, 08:10 AM
good move for David, he'll score goals when he plays, had he moved to the Hun's it would have been sideward step. Blackburn have never had a forward line that's been worthy of much praise compared to others in the same league. All the best to the lad at his new club, he's gone to the right place for advancing his career.

Does that include Alan Shearer? :wink:

heretoday
04-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Am I sick of hearing about Goodwillie?

Yes.

Ryan91
04-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Does that include Alan Shearer? :wink:

Shearer was an exception to the rule.

khib70
04-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Am I sick of hearing about Goodwillie?

Yes.
I'm fed up too

I tried to Google "Goodwillie" and ended up on Craig Thomson's Facebook page :grr:

Hamish
04-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Excellent news - although a bad season and the Hun'll likely get him at a discount!

That's what I was thinking TQM, - even perhaps a loan deal in January if he isn't starting matches for Blackburn.

Part/Time Supporter
04-08-2011, 10:15 AM
That's what I was thinking TQM, - even perhaps a loan deal in January if he isn't starting matches for Blackburn.

That would fall foul of the "three teams in one season" rule, given that he's already played for United this season.

Hamish
04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
That would fall foul of the "three teams in one season" rule, given that he's already played for United this season.

Good point, well made. :embarrass