PDA

View Full Version : NHC San Siro

thekaratekid
29-07-2011, 04:53 PM
I've got a wedding at the end of September at a lake 45 minutes drive from Milan.

The weekend I'm there Inter Milan play host to Napoli.

How easy is it get tickets? Where's the cheapest place to get them

Any advice appreciated :thumbsup:

Gala Foxes
29-07-2011, 04:57 PM
I went a year ago for an end of season A C Milan game, stadium was half full

You can buy tickets two hours before the game at the ticket office outside behind one of the goals but you MUST take your passport , strictly one ticket per passport - NO EXCEPTIONS at all. They knocked back 2 guys beside me in the queue

Great trip but Milan is mega expensive for a beer ( & I mean Mega expensive)

Good Irish bar near La Scala Opera House

Dashing Bob S
29-07-2011, 05:25 PM
I've got a wedding at the end of September at a lake 45 minutes drive from Milan.

The weekend I'm there Inter Milan play host to Napoli.

How easy is it get tickets? Where's the cheapest place to get them

Any advice appreciated :thumbsup:

Always seats available at the Leith San Siro!

No, seriously, you generally can get a ticket easily unless it's a derby or a big championship play off. I was at a packed house Inter-Roma at one of Morhinio's last games, but as the other poster says, bread and butter games tend to be half-full.

Best time to go is a night match.

Loads of delectable filly's attend these games, pack some Italian phrases or bromide.

Franck Stanton
29-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Always seats available at the Leith San Siro!

No, seriously, you generally can get a ticket easily unless it's a derby or a big championship play off. I was at a packed house Inter-Roma at one of Morhinio's last games, but as the other poster says, bread and butter games tend to be half-full.

Best time to go is a night match.

Loads of delectable filly's attend these games, pack some Italian phrases or bromide.

Bromide ? Thats the stuff they put in my tea when I was in the army way back in 1974. Think it's starting to work.

Bristolhibby
29-07-2011, 09:35 PM
I can only reiterate the passport thing.

We went to the Lazio v Fiorentina game when over in Rome last year for the rugby.

Tickets have your name printed on them, and your I'd has to match up.

Two guys did not have their passports, but luckily got in using their EHIC cards. They were very hardcore about it.

J

HibbyRod
29-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Went to the San Siro for Inter v Bologna some years ago.

Can't remember any questions about passports, etc. :confused:

Good Metro connections to the stadium (with a bit of a walk to the stadio admittedly .... but well worth the walk ... saw Cannavaro, etc., scoring in a 4 - 2 win ... Bologna were pretty tidy too ... fantastic game!!!) Go for it Mate!!!

Cheers, Rod.:thumbsup:

HibbyRod
29-07-2011, 10:53 PM
PS - I should also add that although Milan has a good few tourist sights, etc., It is not really the best place to visit, unless you are Really into shopping (particularly into women's shopping! - because otherwise it is a serious drag). :greengrin

Springbank
30-07-2011, 01:10 AM
oh man, you are going to love it!

i was last in the san siro watching garry o come on as a late sub during Scotland-Italy, 13,000 in the away end.

it is simply put, a cathedral of football. i came away thinking "all football matches should be played in a place like this"

I know Sicily well, Milan less so, but I'd say stick to the canals (Canale) and Brera (especially Bar Brera & Bar Jamaica) for a nice night out. The best bar in town, that I've been to, is the Bicicletta (means wee bike).

While the beers are pricey, you get free tapas (aperitivi) so no need to spend drinking money on tucker.

AC Milan are a good club too, classy. A proper big team, unlike the OF or (laughably) our self-styled neighbours.

Hope Napoli beat them tho, Forza Terrone!! :wink: Have a great time!

CalgaryHibs
30-07-2011, 01:52 AM
PS - I should also add that although Milan has a good few tourist sights, etc., It is not really the best place to visit, unless you are Really into shopping (particularly into women's shopping! - because otherwise it is a serious drag). :greengrin

----
Oh come on MIlano is fashion capital of the world theres more men shops than women.
As for passports my milan friend who sitting with me says this is not needed.

Silversand
30-07-2011, 02:02 AM
Similar to previous poster was there for Scotland-Italy match.

Milan is a dump, the San Siro is a dump and the Milanese are rude, obnoxious *******s. Other than that, you'll have a whale of a time,

:greengrin

Gala Foxes
30-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Went to the San Siro for Inter v Bologna some years ago.

Can't remember any questions about passports, etc. :confused:

Good Metro connections to the stadium (with a bit of a walk to the stadio admittedly .... but well worth the walk ... saw Cannavaro, etc., scoring in a 4 - 2 win ... Bologna were pretty tidy too ... fantastic game!!!) Go for it Mate!!!

Cheers, Rod.:thumbsup:

The Government enforced the passport for tickets rule after all the trouble at games 3 years ago

macca70
30-07-2011, 07:38 AM
I believe the locals call it The Milan Easter Road!!:greengrin