PDA

View Full Version : Media Scott Lyndsey interview

PaulSmith
29-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I can see part of this on my mobile via the fishy site but can't access until I get home.
18 mins long so I'd be interested in what's being said. Anyone watched it yet?

R'Albin
29-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Here is a bit of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCkIT6q-DlI

Basically saying that it is the manager who makes all the football decision and going on about how some of our negotiations drag out because CC is so determined to get some players, also that we are going for quality over quantity- which is pretty obvious.

Callum_62
29-07-2011, 03:15 PM
HIbs new mantra....BELIEVE....hes joking, right? :greengrin

lucky
29-07-2011, 03:21 PM
He is even more boring to listen to than CC. I dozed of halfway through his second diatribe

BoltonHibee
29-07-2011, 03:23 PM
He is even more boring to listen to than CC. I dozed of halfway through his second diatribe

Snap, fell asleep. I'll try again a bit later on.

jdships
29-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Good ! We have found someone else to have go at rather than Lewis Stevenson :devil::wink::greengrin

marinello59
29-07-2011, 03:43 PM

Diatribe? What were you watching? :greengrin

Plenty of us asked for more communication from the club, this sort of thing should be welcomed shouldn't it? We may not all hear what we want to hear but it's surely worth a listen?

Dashing Bob S
29-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Here is a bit of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCkIT6q-DlI

Basically saying that it is the manager who makes all the football decision and going on about how some of our negotiations drag out because CC is so determined to get some players, also that we are going for quality over quantity- which is pretty obvious.

Typical 'badmouth-the-entire-football-establishment-while-smoking-rocks-and-banging-two-Thai-hookers' Lyndsay.

An embarrassment not only to our club and the beautiful game, but life on planet Earth as we know it.

If only there was another planet, identical to Earth, where we go and meet our opposite numbers and atone for sins committed in this life.

ANOTHER EARTH Official HD Trailer‏ - YouTube

Petrie!

(Link indeed did not work, but google it. Another Petrie.com)

GreenPJ
29-07-2011, 03:56 PM

Yeah, lets have a Dr John Reid or a Donald Finlay or a Martin Bain or a Romanov cause they are sooo much more inspirational, the fact that they might not be very good at the job they do is irrelevant, as long as they have charisma or are media savvy.

smurf
29-07-2011, 04:04 PM
What difference does it make whether he's boring as hell or charismatic?

That's not what he should be judged on.

IMHO he as the rest of the board should be judged on whether we are competing where we should be as a football team.

Last season we didn't. Not even near.

FWIW I think he comes across quite well.

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2011, 04:10 PM
I listened to the full interview on HI, yes i gave in and subscribed again.:confused: I think he came across well, imo he speaks better to the camera than Petrie or indeed Calderwood.

I disagreed with a few things he said, but to be honest i dont care what he says, i only care about whats on the park each week. If he can be part of a board that get the manager to perform, and in turn his team do the business we will all be happy. If not, and we get more of this REMOVED, he will get it like Petrie has.

Dashing Bob S
29-07-2011, 04:11 PM
What difference does it make whether he's boring as hell or charismatic?

That's not what he should be judged on.

IMHO he as the rest of the board should be judged on whether we are competing where we should be as a football team.

Last season we didn't. Not even near.

FWIW I think he comes across quite well.

Ultimately, it makes all the difference in the world.

And yes, it's EXACTLY what he should be judged on.

BEEJ
29-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I thought he spoke very clearly and I was able to take in everything that was said. But then I wasn't expecting him to entertain and dazzle his audience with jokes, some card tricks and maybe a song - would actually be quite worried if that's how our Managing Director behaved.

Maybe you just need more sleep? :greengrin

smurf
29-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Ultimately, it makes all the difference in the world.

And yes, it's EXACTLY what he should be judged on.

So you would prefer some chav instead sitting having a crack?

I've listened to Scott Lindsay in real life. I think he does have personality and a bit of presence. More than comes across on film but some of us need to think how we would come across asked the questions he was.

And if he was sitting with the cigars out having a laugh he would rightly be castigated.

Personality or not isn't the issue.

Our "Sporting performance" is.

WhileTheChief..
29-07-2011, 04:25 PM
A good positive interview I thought, although not much new, just reiterating what has mostly been said before.

Explained the roles that he and Fife will play, with him concentrating on everything football related from contracts, the youth academy, East mains etc. Fife focused on growing the organisation.

Explained how they go about recruiting players. Works closely with CC on a daily basis, SLs opinion on players counts for nothing, totally up CC and the training staff who they go after. Transfers windows are busier but the process never stops.

CC happy to wait to get quality players. Agogo was preferred over CS despite reports from elsewhere. CC determined and patient and will wait to get who he wants. Delighted with signings so far. Important that players really want to be here. Fair to say that they don't always get who they go after. Still looking and expecting more transfers.

Manager and players need to perform. Last season disappointing. Have belief and ambition and think there will be an exciting squad of youth and experience. Recognize that performances on the park are paramount. Lat few months have been turbulent and difficult.
Striving for stability. Majority of squad now CCs.
Expect to be able to challenge in top half of the league going for a euro place and deep into the cups.

Some young 1st team squad players to go out on loan like Booth last year. Lower league clubs not ready yet to commit to loan deals. Youth development is central to everything the club does. Will increase focus on this in future. SFA performance strategy mentioned, Hibs to be at forefront of this.

Essential that pipeline of youth remains at forefront of the club. Fantastic people behind the scenes working hard etc.

Will live within our means. Monies reinvested either in infrastructure or squad.

Living in a difficult financial world but secure, stabbel and steady. Competitive in SPL outwith the old firm and hearts. Need to use other aspects of the club other than just cash to attract players of the calible of O'Hanlon, Agogo.

Wants seasoned professionals alongside our youth.

In 10 years have never been forced to sell a player. Always sold with the managers say so.

Fantastic people and infrastructure, up to SL to get the best out of it all.

Board are very positive and excited about the future despite what is being written.

Kojock
29-07-2011, 04:26 PM
I have spoken to Scott numerous times and the guy is an absolute gentleman.

He is as gutted as the rest of us with how last season went.

Dashing Bob S
29-07-2011, 05:16 PM
So you would prefer some chav instead sitting having a crack?

I've listened to Scott Lindsay in real life. I think he does have personality and a bit of presence. More than comes across on film but some of us need to think how we would come across asked the questions he was.

And if he was sitting with the cigars out having a laugh he would rightly be castigated.

Personality or not isn't the issue.

Our "Sporting performance" is.

Thought I recognised you. You were the guy who threw the first grenade into the cave, routing that mob of Al-Quieda following Scott's stirring pep talk: 'there comes a time in our lives when we all have to stand up for what is right and just, and even if future generations pay the price, they will, in their reflective moments, come to see that we meant business and those books needed to be balanced, and for every credit their must be a debit.'

Even now, I still feel the nearby whiz of sharpnel flying centimetres from my face, as our defiant chants of 'CCS' filled the air.

Ah, the eighties.

matty_f
29-07-2011, 05:19 PM
I have spoken to Scott numerous times and the guy is an absolute gentleman.

He is as gutted as the rest of us with how last season went.

That shouldn't surprise anyone, but bizarrely it will.

The board are successful if the team on the pitch is successful. The two go absolutely hand in hand. The best way to bring money into the club and make it profitable, is to be successful.

yekimevol
29-07-2011, 05:23 PM
part one -http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV?feature=mhee#p/a/u/2/XCkIT6q-DlI
p (http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV?feature=mhee#p/a/u/2/XCkIT6q-DlI)art two - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R_xb3hbE2A
p (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R_xb3hbE2A)art three - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LABhMxDadPA

Speedway
29-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Scott Lindsay - You Tube?

Blue shirt and Kilmarnock/Rangers coloured tie on?

Scott Lindsay - Ya Tube! more like.

It's a disgrace. :grr:

Baker9
30-07-2011, 08:36 AM

I've just watched the whole thing twice and stayed wide awake through it all. The best bit of communication to come out of the club this year bar none. :top marks Every single supporter should watch this. We are some club and we are on the march. 'mon the Hibs.

Expecting Rain
30-07-2011, 09:04 AM
I've just watched the whole thing twice and stayed wide awake through it all. The best bit of communication to come out of the club this year bar none. :top marks Every single supporter should watch this. We are some club and we are on the march. 'mon the Hibs.

At least there was a response and reading between the lines it SEEMS Colin Calderwood is looking at the bigger picture in terms of squad size and the types of players he wants to bring in, Petrie has backed all the previous managers to a certain extent and bar Mowbray who did have the benefit of a talented crop of youngsters but nonetheless added to this with some decent signings and a positive philosophy they have all let him and the club down.
Unfortunately based on the interview we`re possibly looking at another couple of erratic seasons before and if we see real progress. Still i`m with you on this Baker, at least there was a bit of communication, which is important to those who don`t go to the forums or have direct connections with the club.

snooky
30-07-2011, 10:07 AM
At least there was a response and reading between the lines it SEEMS Colin Calderwood is looking at the bigger picture in terms of squad size and the types of players he wants to bring in, Petrie has backed all the previous managers to a certain extent and bar Mowbray who did have the benefit of a talented crop of youngsters but nonetheless added to this with some decent signings and a positive philosophy they have all let him and the club down.
Unfortunately based on the interview we`re possibly looking at another couple of erratic seasons before and if we see real progress. Still i`m with you on this Baker, at least there was a bit of communication, which is important to those who don`t go to the forums or have direct connections with the club.

It wasn't an earthmoving interview IMO but very welcome nonetheless.
Let's hope this is the beginning of the end of the 'them & us' culture that has gone on at ER for far too long.