PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Paksi 1 vs Hearts 1

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Match has just kicked off in Hungary.

It's not on tv in the UK so don't ask for links in this thread because I don't want it closed down. :aok:

Hearts team;

Kello
Grainger
Obua
McGowan
Zaliukas

Hamill
Jonsson
Black
Templeton
Mrowiec

Sutton

'Mon the Paksi! :thumbsup:

Calvin
28-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Mon the Hearts! Progress would be good for our coefficient and teams who go on a European run that doesn't affect us usually experience a dip in form domestically which could benefit us, particularly if they have a game before the derby!

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 06:08 PM
First attempt for Paksi but it goes comfortably past the post.

Hibs Class
28-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Match has just kicked off in Hungary.

It's not on tv in the UK so don't ask for links in this thread because I don't want it closed down. :aok:

Hearts team;

Kello
Grainger
Obua
McGowan
Zaliukas

Hamill
Jonsson
Black
Templeton
Mrowiec

Sutton

'Mon the Paksi! :thumbsup:

Kickback always has a thread with links for matches - they're quite happy to leave themselves exposed across there. :greengrin

greenlex
28-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Kickback always has a thread with links for matches - they're quite happy to leave themselves exposed across there. :greengrin
Usually taking a photo and sending it to.............................................

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Obua shoots high over the bar.

Still no shots on target for either side.

green&left
28-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Mon the Hearts! Progress would be good for our coefficient and teams who go on a European run that doesn't affect us usually experience a dip in form domestically which could benefit us, particularly if they have a game before the derby!

**** the Hearts!!!!!!

HH81
28-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Is any football on tv tonight?

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 06:17 PM
First shot on target goes to Hearts but Jamie Hamill shoots straight at the goalkeeper.

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Is any football on tv tonight?

Split vs Fulham is on Premier Sports but it's a subscription channel.

Franck Stanton
28-07-2011, 06:19 PM
**** the Hearts!!!!!!

Exactly, just 'cos they are playing in europe doesn't mean I want them to win, hope they get a real doing, as for it benefiting any other Scottish team, gies a break, they would have to progress quite a distance into competition to make a significant difference and that lot from the pbs brag about each and everything they think they have/do better than us. So NO, I DONT WANT THEM TO DO WELL . C'mon the Paksi get intae them.

HH81
28-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Split vs Fulham is on Premier Sports but it's a subscription channel.

Just checked all the channels and yep that's right. Although there is a game on Liverpool tv live.

I'm_cabbaged
28-07-2011, 06:22 PM
No need for the racism FH, and when did Pakistan become part of Europe? :confused:

Edit: Damn this dyslexia....

Carheenlea
28-07-2011, 06:28 PM
No need for the racism FH, and when did Pakistan become part of Europe? :confused:

Must admit to having to look twice at the OP...

I'll predict we don't get by page 1 before the first unfortunate typo..!

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 06:28 PM

:greengrin I did actually think about that when I was writing their name!

Hearts are looking the better side at the moment. Templeton had a good run down the left wing and should have done better with the delivery and they've had another couple shots that have been blocked by defenders.

Still 0-0, though, after almost 30 minutes.

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 06:32 PM
1-0 Paksi!!! :thumbsup:

I'm_cabbaged
:greengrin I did actually think about that when I was writing their name!

Hearts are looking the better side at the moment. Templeton had a good run down the left wing and should have done better with the delivery and they've had another couple shots that have been blocked by defenders.

Still 0-0, though, after almost 30 minutes.

No now it's no, 'mon the paksi :thumbsup:

Jamesie
1-0 to the men in green! Lovely goal.

Barney McGrew
28-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Steeeerike!

we are hibs
28-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Good chip

SteveHFC
28-07-2011, 06:34 PM
1-0 Paksi

Stenny
:tee hee:

SquashedFrogg
:na na::na na:

:flag::flag::flag::flag::

'Mon the green team!!

I'm_cabbaged
Cracking finish. :agree:

(they're european) :wink:

soupy
28-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Mon the paksi, Jist diny lit thum score:-)

hibernian95
28-07-2011, 06:41 PM
:top marks Every scottish team playing in europe should be supported, even the smelly yams. Every point helps.

darwenhibby
28-07-2011, 06:46 PM
:top marks Every scottish team playing in europe should be supported, even the smelly yams. Every point helps.

Aye right

Mon the Paksi

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Penalty for Hearts.

1-1-Hamill. :boo hoo:

Right on half time.

Barney McGrew
28-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Hertz equalise with the softest penalty ever given

greenlex
28-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever under any circumstance ever ever ever. :bitchy::dummytit:

SaulGoodman

Aye **** that! When have they ever wanted us to win in Europe?

Mon the Paksi. Unlucky with the penalty.

vla_di_vla
Penalty for Hearts.

1-1-Hamill. :boo hoo:

Right on half time.

What was that for? Never a pen - they fell over each other

hibernian95
28-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Aye right

Mon the Paksi

I myself do prefer that 5th in the leauge gets into the europa leauge as it was a few seasons ago, instead of 2/3/4, if we get that champions leauge spot back for second, it means the 3 europa leauge places will go back to the leauge, which sounds better than what we have just now?:aok:

we are hibs
28-07-2011, 06:50 PM
typical hearts cheating *******s ****ign whole lot of them

Saorsa
28-07-2011, 06:50 PM

:top marks Every scottish team playing in europe should be supported, even the smelly yams. Every point helps.Aye, right

**** h****s

Pedantic_Hibee
28-07-2011, 06:51 PM

Especially if you're a Hearts supporter............................ :wink:

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 06:52 PM
What was that for? Never a pen - they fell over each other

:agree: Very soft, I would suggest.

Unreal. :rolleyes:

down-the-slope
28-07-2011, 06:53 PM
away goal is key in Europe...good for them to get one in first half....

wish we were away in Europe :boo hoo:

Wotherspiniesta
28-07-2011, 06:53 PM

:wtf:

As if all the depression surrounding Hibs isn't bad enough now we have people supporting Hearts.

Embarassing.

HH81
28-07-2011, 06:56 PM

As if all the depression surrounding Hibs isn't bad enough now we have people supporting Hearts.

Embarassing.
I agree, next it will be Celtic, rangers, manure or barca.

darwenhibby
28-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I myself do prefer that 5th in the leauge gets into the europa leauge as it was a few seasons ago, instead of 2/3/4, if we get that champions leauge spot back for second, it means the 3 europa leauge places will go back to the leauge, which sounds better than what we have just now?:aok:

Call me old fashioned but I hate them with a passion and hope they get pumped everytime they step onto a park.

:jamboak:

nonshinyfinish
28-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever under any circumstance ever ever ever. :bitchy::dummytit:

Well said, sir.

frazeHFC
28-07-2011, 07:04 PM
I will never support the OF or Hearts in Europe. Hate them too much.Mon the Paksi! :thumbsup:

Franck Stanton
28-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Call me old fashioned but I hate them with a passion and hope they get pumped everytime they step onto a park.

:jamboak:

Correct, how bad a season are we having when there are posters on here actually wanting them to win. Never, ever - dont even want them to win bounce games between themselves at training. C'mon the Paksi.

Calvin
28-07-2011, 07:06 PM

Embarassing.
I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm a football fan whose preferred team is Hibs. I fail to see any merits for Hibs in Hearts getting papped out and it's not really in my nature to prefer an unknown Hungarian team to prevail over a team from my hometown.

nonshinyfinish
28-07-2011, 07:10 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm a football fan whose preferred team is Hibs. I fail to see any merits for Hibs in Hearts getting papped out and it's not really in my nature to prefer an unknown Hungarian team to prevail over a team from my hometown.

Football fans and rationality don't really go together. I hope they get humped every time they play.

Oh, and the merit for Hibs, as always when Hertz lose, is that it's hilarious.

greenlex
28-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Shut up you tart. :rolleyes:

SMAXXA
28-07-2011, 07:13 PM
I hate that **** Hamill with a passion

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Great chance for Paksi but it was deflected away for a corner by a Hearts defender.

Franck Stanton
28-07-2011, 07:15 PM

And just what have those knuckle draggin neanderthals got to do with FOOTBALL ? Bunch of "If it moves, - kick it " who out-muscle football players. So no, still dont want them to win. C'mon the Paksi.

Removed
28-07-2011, 07:16 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm a football fan whose preferred team is Hibs. I fail to see any merits for Hibs in Hearts getting papped out and it's not really in my nature to prefer an unknown Hungarian team to prevail over a team from my hometown. I don't understand that and thankfully never will. **** the hearts

Winston Ingram
28-07-2011, 07:17 PM

:jamboclow

Aye right. By your logic that would stock Celtic & Rangers wi top players instead of rejects. That's no worth worth the odd trip in a competition the rest of Europe dinnae gi a toss about.

**** the co-efficient, **** Hearts

Sean1875
28-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Unfortunately Yams are looking the better team, Mon the Paksi into this sheet!

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I've absolutely no idea what he was saying about us but the Hungarian commentator just mentioned "Hibernian".

It better not have been anything cheeky! :greengrin

Winston Ingram
28-07-2011, 07:22 PM

behave:confused:

Twa Cairpets
28-07-2011, 07:22 PM

You need professional counselling.

nonshinyfinish
28-07-2011, 07:23 PM
I've absolutely no idea what he was saying about us but the Hungarian commentator just mentioned "Hibernian".

It better not have been anything cheeky! :greengrin

My Hungarian is a little shaky, but it roughly translates as "unbelievable I admit, but some Hibernian fans actually want these despicable maroon galoots to win."

Hibby Bairn
28-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Unfortunately Yams are looking the better team, Mon the Paksi into this sheet!

:agree: Yip...Jeffries has put a decent team together. Way ahead of us.

Saorsa
28-07-2011, 07:25 PM
I don't understand that and thankfully never will. **** the hearts:top marks

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Sutton heads wide from about 5 yards.

Sean1875
28-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Sutton just missed an open goal with more or less a free header :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
28-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Come On Paksi :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Paksi player just been booked for a challenge on Black.

Personally didn't think it was hard enough.

Wembley67
Mon the Hamiltons :aok:

SMAXXA
Also no happy about the PAKS V HFC at the top of my screen :greengrin

SMAXXA
28-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Mon the Hamiltons :aok:

:faf::faf:

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Chance for Paksi at the back post after a good corner comes in. Tipped away by Kello for another corner.

down-the-slope
28-07-2011, 07:33 PM

:agree: add me to the need help / yam sympathiser etc etc if you want.....

My over riding feeling is being Green with envy

Sergey
28-07-2011, 07:34 PM
John Part is in trouble in the German Masters.

4-4 First to six!

Pedantic_Hibee
28-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Supporting Hearts? Yer having a laugh.

I'd rather pack my son off for a weekend with the Fritzl's than root for they shower of cardigan wearing, Rover driving, labrador walking, diet hunning, sectarian fuelled, poppy watching, laptop abusing, child molesting, toilet stalking, collection thieving c***ts.

And that's just their good points.

Support the Hearts..........pfft, Hibs folk ken whit's gaun oan.

H18sry
28-07-2011, 07:40 PM
John Part is in trouble in the German Masters.

4-4 First to six!

:thumbsup:

SteveHFC
28-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Any Hibby supporting Hearts needs to get a grip.

Sergey
28-07-2011, 07:43 PM
:thumbsup:

Quality match....all bar the finishing.

Looking forward to the Pipe match :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
28-07-2011, 07:45 PM
I smell yam on here tonight. :sick:

Pedantic_Hibee
28-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Paksi denied what, to me certainly, looked an absolute stonewall penalty :agree:

Sir David Gray
Paksi 1-1 Hearts, full time.

Definitely advantage, Hearts and I fully expect them to go through next week at Tynecastle.

SteveHFC
1-1 ft

greenlex
28-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Game on at Tynie. Mon the PAKSI. One goal and that will do. :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
28-07-2011, 07:57 PM
serious question - anyone know how a ticket for the away end at tynie could be aquired? - quite like Paksi's strip :greengrin

hibsbollah
28-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Supporting Hearts? Yer having a laugh.I'd rather pack my son off for a weekend with the Fritzl's than root for they shower of cardigan wearing, Rover driving, labrador walking, diet hunning, sectarian fuelled, poppy watching, laptop abusing, child molesting, toilet stalking, collection thieving c***ts.And that's just their good points.Support the Hearts..........pfft, Hibs folk ken whit's gaun oan.gree with all of that about from the labrador bit. A hibs class dog breed if ever there was one.

3pm
28-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Must admit to having to look twice at the OP...

I'll predict we don't get by page 1 before the first unfortunate typo..!

Non BNP folk ken whit's goan oan.

Mac
28-07-2011, 09:18 PM

aye right ya dobber!!

Sodje_18
28-07-2011, 09:24 PM
If thats your mentality I suggest you **** off to keekback :bitchy:

Sean1875
28-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Cant see Paksi progressing now, only hope they really had was to make sure they didnt concede an away goal, frustrating thing is that it was from such a soft pentlty!

Hibernian Verse
28-07-2011, 09:59 PM
aye right ya dobber!!

Hibs.net in eloquence shocker. Oh wait.

I posted on another thread that I'd like Rangers and Celtic to boost the co-efficient and a fair few agreed. What's the difference here? I dislike Rangers more than Hearts anyway. And for the guy posting about how his friends will rip him, get a new set of friends or grow a pair of testicles.

Hibernian Verse
28-07-2011, 10:04 PM
And just what have those knuckle draggin neanderthals got to do with FOOTBALL ? Bunch of "If it moves, - kick it " who out-muscle football players. So no, still dont want them to win. C'mon the Paksi.

That was difficult to read. 'Knuckle dragging Neanderthals'. I think you'll find that the vast majority of all football fans, yourself included no doubt given the ignorance of your posts in this thread, are, as you suggest, 'Neanderthals' and you're proving this point very well!

Dashing Bob S
28-07-2011, 10:55 PM
What's the chances of them playing Chinksy in the next round?

Franck Stanton
28-07-2011, 10:57 PM
That was difficult to read. 'Knuckle dragging Neanderthals'. I think you'll find that the vast majority of all football fans, yourself included no doubt given the ignorance of your posts in this thread, are, as you suggest, 'Neanderthals' and you're proving this point very well!
Yeah yeah, whatever yo maroon tinted f-wit , now run along.
Nae doubt ye'll be happy yer team didnae get humped eh ? Well I am no happy at all, I wanted ye tae get humped and hope to god that ye do at the pbs.

Hibernian Verse
28-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Yeah yeah, whatever yo maroon tinted f-wit , now run along.
Nae doubt ye'll be happy yer team didnae get humped eh ? Well I am no happy at all, I wanted ye tae get humped and hope to god that ye do at the pbs.

What are you talking about? At no point did my post say anything about Hearts. You've jumped to conclusions, and it's clear for all to see that I'm not a Hearts fan. Again, your post was very difficult to read, this time due to your grasp of, or lack thereof, the English language.

Middle class folk know what is going on.

leither17
28-07-2011, 11:28 PM
What are you talking about? At no point did my post say anything about Hearts. You've jumped to conclusions, and it's clear for all to see that I'm not a Hearts fan. Again, your post was very difficult to read, this time due to your grasp of, or lack thereof, the English language.Middle class folk know what is going on. You tell him the dirty peasent

Hibernian Verse
28-07-2011, 11:34 PM
You tell him the dirty peasent

:na na: just fishing.

leither17
28-07-2011, 11:58 PM
:na na: just fishing. It will be the likes of him who catches your caviar(I can't work the smileys on my phone)

Hibernian Verse
29-07-2011, 12:03 AM
It will be the likes of him who catches your caviar(I can't work the smileys on my phone)

I presume it was a :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
29-07-2011, 06:59 AM
the way fatty jj and his players spoke after the game would have us believe they are world beaters. FFS, they drew with a club probably on par with one of our first division clubs. let's see how they cope next round vs a decent outfit.

Hamish
29-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Cant see Paksi progressing now, only hope they really had was to make sure they didnt concede an away goal, frustrating thing is that it was from such a soft pentlty!

:agree: BUT did they not beat Tromso 3-0 in Norway after drawing 1-1 at home in the last round?

They did look pretty poor from what I saw however.

Hibs90
29-07-2011, 11:12 AM

:taxi

Especially if you're a Hearts supporter............................ :wink:

:agree:

Speedway
29-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Amazed I've seen the words 'mon the Hearts' from an alleged Hibby.

Amazed that no-one used the opportunity to post 'Dirty paksis, go home' in subtle and ironic mock-racist tones.

Amazed that we had a match update thread about Hearts at all.

Maybe I'm amazed.

Calvin
29-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Amazed I've seen the words 'mon the Hearts' from an alleged Hibby.

Amazed that no-one used the opportunity to post 'Dirty paksis, go home' in subtle and ironic mock-racist tones.

Amazed that we had a match update thread about Hearts at all.

Maybe I'm amazed.

Amazed that so many people seem to disagree quite so strongly with me. Obviously I expect that a proportion of Hibs fans have a certain view of Hearts, that view being of utter hatred, but I just align that with the proportion of the general population that are not the full shilling.

I'm also amazed that not a single person on this thread has given what I think a rational person would consider to be a logical and valid reason as to why they want Hearts to lose. This is a game that has absolutely no direct bearing on us, and which the result of would be indirectly beneficial to Hibernian! As such, basically everyone bar me on this thread wants a result that can have a negative impact on Hibs! And for what? So that the other football team from our city loses a match that we can hardly even gloat about given our present state. It just makes no sense to me.

I've heard stories of when people in Edinburgh went to watch Hibs or Hearts on alternate weeks depending on who was at home. Sounds good to me. What went wrong?

Broken Gnome
29-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Amazed that so many people seem to disagree quite so strongly with me. Obviously I expect that a proportion of Hibs fans have a certain view of Hearts, that view being of utter hatred, but I just align that with the proportion of the general population that are not the full shilling.

I'm also amazed that not a single person on this thread has given what I think a rational person would consider to be a logical and valid reason as to why they want Hearts to lose. This is a game that has absolutely no direct bearing on us, and which the result of would be indirectly beneficial to Hibernian!

Hearts winning in Europe = more money for Hearts = better calibre of player going there = already worrying gap widening still.

Stuff them. Would they wish us well? Would they balls.

lapsedhibee
29-07-2011, 01:47 PM
I've heard stories of when people in Edinburgh went to watch Hibs or Hearts on alternate weeks depending on who was at home. Sounds good to me. What went wrong?

"Football hooligans"

Sir David Gray
29-07-2011, 02:15 PM

I'm also amazed that not a single person on this thread has given what I think a rational person would consider to be a logical and valid reason as to why they want Hearts to lose. This is a game that has absolutely no direct bearing on us, and which the result of would be indirectly beneficial to Hibernian! As such, basically everyone bar me on this thread wants a result that can have a negative impact on Hibs! And for what? So that the other football team from our city loses a match that we can hardly even gloat about given our present state. It just makes no sense to me.

If Hearts do well in Europe, they increase their revenue and the further they go in the Europa League the more prize money they'll receive. In turn, that means they'll have more cash available to pay for better players and they have more chance of becoming successful in future seasons.

That cannot be good for us, as their biggest rivals.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-07-2011, 02:17 PM
They get no support from whatsoever at anything, and the penalty was a clear dive but have to say I didn't rate Paks, the slime should finish the job at the asbestos castle but always beware that teams like them know every trick in the book, so here's hoping

Barney McGrew
29-07-2011, 02:19 PM

I'm also amazed that not a single person on this thread has given what I think a rational person would consider to be a logical and valid reason as to why they want Hearts to lose. This is a game that has absolutely no direct bearing on us, and which the result of would be indirectly beneficial to Hibernian! As such, basically everyone bar me on this thread wants a result that can have a negative impact on Hibs

I'm amazed that you're amazed :greengrin I bet if you were to carry out a straw poll among the Hibs support on their feelings towards last nights game, then you'd find it was a pretty high percentage that were 'not the full shilling'

I think Ritchie hits the nail on the head above. Every round Hertz manage to fluke their way through means more money in their coffers and a better chance of them attracting players. I want them out ASAP for that reason, exactly the same as Rantic so that they don't have any kind of financial advantage over us. By your logic, we should be hoping that the Europa Cup final is between Hertz and Rangers because it would be good for the coeffient.

We've got more than enough chance to qualify for european competition as it stands just now, we just need to get our own house in order and finish high enough up the league to do it. We shouldn't have to rely on the Gorgoyles doing well abroad to get us there.

Calvin
29-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm amazed that you're amazed :greengrin I bet if you were to carry out a straw poll among the Hibs support on their feelings towards last nights game, then you'd find it was a pretty high percentage that were 'not the full shilling'

I think Ritchie hits the nail on the head above. Every round Hertz manage to fluke their way through means more money in their coffers and a better chance of them attracting players. I want them out ASAP for that reason, exactly the same as Rantic so that they don't have any kind of financial advantage over us. By your logic, we should be hoping that the Europa Cup final is between Hertz and Rangers because it would be good for the coeffient.

We've got more than enough chance to qualify for european competition as it stands just now, we just need to get our own house in order and finish high enough up the league to do it. We shouldn't have to rely on the Gorgoyles doing well abroad to get us there.

I understand that point of view but Hearts and Rangers are already streets ahead of us in terms of finance available, so the effect of their success in europe or otherwise doesn't make quite as much of a relative difference as success for Dundee United, for example, would. I suppose the flip side to that argument is that progress/money for Hearts or Rangers would contribute to a widening gap between the top of the league and the bottom, but I think you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who thought that Rangers were a better team in the following seasons after their UEFA Cup Final appearance. As such I'd rather cheer on the Scottish teams with the acceptance that we should be getting our own house in order but that the actions of other teams in Europe do affect us.

If a European run did result in a better calibre of player going to Hearts then I'm grudgingly in favour of it. Scottish football is dire and any good players coming to our country should be welcomed. Obviously I wish they were at Hibs but one of the key ways for the Scottish game to improve is surely getting better players in our league.

Keith_M
29-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Putting aside the petty point scoring going on, that is a very good result for Hearts. Getting a score draw away from home in Europe gives them a really good chance of getting to the next round. No matter people's views on how good the opposition were, etc, we'd all be delighted if Hibs had just done the same.

Hibs90
29-07-2011, 02:49 PM

So you're saying Hibs fans who have a hatred of Hearts fans are not 'the full shilling'. So you're effectively better than the rest of us? Seeing as you seem to be in the minority with this view that we should support them in Europe. :rolleyes:

Barney McGrew
29-07-2011, 02:58 PM
If a European run did result in a better calibre of player going to Hearts then I'm grudgingly in favour of it. Scottish football is dire and any good players coming to our country should be welcomed. Obviously I wish they were at Hibs but one of the key ways for the Scottish game to improve is surely getting better players in our league.

:hilarious

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt previously, but now I'm sure you're at the wind up

Hibernian Verse
29-07-2011, 05:31 PM
:hilarious

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt previously, but now I'm sure you're at the wind up

I don't think he is. It's clear that there are two arguments here and that some will favour one side, some the other. They both make sense IMO but it's the idea of opportunity cost. It's whether we will be in favour of Hearts winning because it can affect us in coming seasons, whilst it would benefit them in the short term and possibly long term.

Also, I think Calvin was alluding more to the hatred of Hearts shown in posts which showed no rational thought, just general abuse thrown at Hearts fans when he was referring to the 'full shilling', rather than those that gave a solid argument.

The Harp
29-07-2011, 05:35 PM

Don't really know where to start in response to your insulting post to be honest. I'd advise, now that you've got yourself into a considerable sized hole, to stop digging. You're entitled to your opinion, just as the rest of us on here, but to use this "not the full shilling" term to describe some fellow Hibees is out of order IMO - always assuming you are a Hibee of course.
Many of us ignored last night's Yam venture into Europe as it was pretty much irrelevant to us. I would have preferred if they'd been hammered, but it's no big deal. Hopefully, they'll slip up at home and exit the competition. It's called football rivalry - you'll find fans from most cities with two or more clubs engage in it.
Regarding your last paragraph, I am one of that number who watched both Edinburgh clubs on alternate weeks for a time in the early 60's. This was primarily because my wee pal was a misguided Yam and we were too young to travel to our respective team's away games. However, when I attended Tynecastle it was to cheer on the opposition (except when the big Huns played). I'm now in my mid 60's and take just as much delight in the Yams getting beat now as I did back then.
One last point - in replying to your post Ive just missed Eggheads - you've a lot to answer for.

Barman Stanton
29-07-2011, 06:40 PM
The problem is that the Hearts fans I know all changed when Romanov bought them. All the wee team and no longer rivals nonsense. My Grandad was a Jambo and did indeed go to Easter Road 1 week and the Dump the next. Changed days though. I doubt back then that the Hearts fans were the mini Huns that they now are. Hope they lose every time they play.

frazeHFC
29-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Amazed that so many people seem to disagree quite so strongly with me. Obviously I expect that a proportion of Hibs fans have a certain view of Hearts, that view being of utter hatred, but I just align that with the proportion of the general population that are not the full shilling.I'm also amazed that not a single person on this thread has given what I think a rational person would consider to be a logical and valid reason as to why they want Hearts to lose. This is a game that has absolutely no direct bearing on us, and which the result of would be indirectly beneficial to Hibernian! As such, basically everyone bar me on this thread wants a result that can have a negative impact on Hibs! And for what? So that the other football team from our city loses a match that we can hardly even gloat about given our present state. It just makes no sense to me.I've heard stories of when people in Edinburgh went to watch Hibs or Hearts on alternate weeks depending on who was at home. Sounds good to me. What went wrong? What was wrong, more like?

Sodje_18
29-07-2011, 07:18 PM
What's the chances of them playing Chinksy in the next round?
:tee hee:

Dashing Bob S
29-07-2011, 07:34 PM

The day such concepts are introduced into supporting a football club, in Scotland, is the day that myself, and I suspect many others, look at alternative ways of spending a Saturday afternoon.

Which is another way of saying your post is Tom Kite.

Cropley10
29-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Hearts winning in Europe = more money for Hearts = better calibre of player going there = already worrying gap widening still.

Stuff them. Would they wish us well? Would they balls.

Completely agree!

hibsbollah
29-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Amazed that no-one used the opportunity to post 'Dirty paksis, go home' in subtle and ironic mock-racist tones.Maybe I'm amazed.Jambos Do A Bit of Paksi Bashing. (not for the first time).Jolly well done to the Heart of Midlothian Dancing Club. Hurrah and Huzzah for the bungalow dwellers.

Kato
29-07-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm also amazed that not a single person on this thread has given what I think a rational person would consider to be a logical and valid reason as to why they want Hearts to lose.

There's a lot more wrong with Scottish football than a rubbish co-efficient. Any improvement Hearts would contribute to is miniscule.

Hearts are MY FOOTBALL TEAM'S CITY RIVALS. I don't like seeing them win on any day unless it has a direct, immediate, beneficial effect on MY TEAM.

I also enjoy it when they lose.

Therefore I wanted them to get humped the other night but - hey-ho, not a bad result for you, errm them.

Supporting a football team is irrational. Supporting a Scottish football team is certifiable.

So take your rationale and shove right up your probably already too tight jaxie.

Hope you, sorry, them get royally humped in the next leg and if that means the co-efficient goes to pot then maybe someone will actually make some meaningful changes to the game here.

If things get truly bad there may be major changes for the better - and that's rational.

Alfred E Newman
29-07-2011, 08:59 PM
the way fatty jj and his players spoke after the game would have us believe they are world beaters. FFS, they drew with a club probably on par with one of our first division clubs. let's see how they cope next round vs a decent outfit.

Would that be on a par with the type of club that consistantly knock us out of cup competitions here in Scotland?