PDA

View Full Version : Hibs in crisis?

R'Albin
27-07-2011, 10:34 PM
According to this sheep fan, people wonder why I hate them :rolleyes:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2116800291

Is it just me or are Hibs lining up to be the SPL's car crash side this season?

Lost their best players to China and Australia, have three lumps of wood as their centre forwards this season, no defenders and a manager who openly wants to leave to become an assistant in the English lower leagues

Sneaky tenner on them to go down this season

marinello59
27-07-2011, 10:35 PM

You don't need a reason to hate them. :greengrin

R'Albin
27-07-2011, 10:38 PM
You don't need a reason to hate them. :greengrin

True:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
27-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Has he said anything inaccurate :dunno:

marinello59
27-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Has he said anything inaccurate :dunno:

You don't think Garry O' has what it takes then? Despite Sodje proving many of us wrong you reckon he will not score this season? As for Agogo I haven't seen him play other than a few Youtube clips. Have you?
What about O'Hanlon in defence? Or Hanlon?

R'Albin
27-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Has he said anything inaccurate :dunno: Nae defenders ? Well we do have, and decent ones now imo. Our strikers are not lumps of wood, who would you rather have O'Connor Sodje and Agogo or Vernon Mackie and Magennis?

Jim44
27-07-2011, 11:35 PM

Lost their best players to China and Australia, have three lumps of wood as their centre forwards this season, no defenders and a manager who openly wants to leave to become an assistant in the English lower leagues

As someone with the club close to his heart and a reasonable grasp of what's going on at ER, I can't disagree with or really take offence at this viewpoint. The fact that it comes from someone with little knowledge of our circus serves to warn us of the liability and potential brick we must appear to be to every non-Hibs punter in Scotland. I seriously see us in two distinct scenarios, a) we will grossly overperform and steal a place in the top six, or b) we will lose fingernails clinging on for dear life trying to escape relegation. As a 'dyed in the wool' pessimist, I fear the latter, as we continue to be the 'soft touch' of the SPL. The game at Inverness might be an important guide to our fate, as yet another defeat there will emphasise our problems, whereas a win might cease the ridicule and persuade folk like me to look on the bright side. Here's hoping.

Bayern Bru
27-07-2011, 11:41 PM

As someone with the club close to his heart and a reasonable grasp of what's going on at ER, I can't disagree with or really take offence at this viewpoint. The fact that it comes from someone with little knowledge of our circus serves to warn us of the liability and potential brick we must appear to be to every non-Hibs punter in Scotland. I seriously see us in two distinct scenarios, a) we will grossly overperform and steal a place in the top six, or b) we will lose fingernails clinging on for dear life trying to escape relegation. As a 'dyed in the wool' pessimist, I fear the latter, as we continue to be the 'soft touch' of the SPL. The game at Inverness might be an important guide to our fate, as yet another defeat there will emphasise our problems, whereas a win might cease the ridicule and persuade folk like me to look on the bright side. Here's hoping.

Fact is, neither Riordan or Miller performed to the best of their ability last season, so "losing our best players" whilst in theory is correct, is a bit far-fetched in terms of performance.

Apart from that...you could be right. Beginning to hate how powderpuff we are. Even Celtic's wee players were outmuscling our midfield on Sunday.

Barman Stanton
27-07-2011, 11:49 PM

Pretty much sums up how I'm feeling at the moment. We need a win to ease all the negativity that's understandably around at the mo.

SanFranHibs
28-07-2011, 12:01 AM

Some of the recent threads, particularly the CC Going or Staying thread would give some of our opponents fans some amusement. To outsiders it may have looked as if our fans, or a fair proportion, were in meltdown.

I think the next few games will really point to how our season will go. The pre-season and first game of the season has not afforded one much ground for optimism but I am trying to defer any condemnation until at least a half dozen games or so have been played. Hopefully we will see tangible improvement and start to believe that CC can effect significant improvement upon the season just past.

This is not a dig at you but I never thought a Hibs fan, even a dyed in the wool pessimist would think Hibs 'stealing' into the top 6 would be 'gross over performing'.

Hope I still have my finger nails in 6 months !

:flag:

DMR1875
28-07-2011, 12:28 AM
over the years i've seen Hibs up down up down. my wife asks why do you still do it?

It's the dream we all have to see a fast flowing team sweep up the park.

Tom Farmer saved us from mercer but he is no suger daddy to the club. would you give the money you worked for?

Rod has done well,we have a stadium to be proud of,training facilities.

It's clear Rod has done enough,time to leave.. fresh new outlook in the club.

Bayern Bru
28-07-2011, 12:50 AM
over the years i've seen Hibs up down up down. my wife asks why do you still do it?

It's the dream we all have to see a fast flowing team sweep up the park.

Tom Farmer saved us from mercer but he is no suger daddy to the club. would you give the money you worked for?

Rod has done well,we have a stadium to be proud of,training facilities.

It's clear Rod has done enough,time to leave.. fresh new outlook in the club.

And replace him with who?

Gala Foxes
28-07-2011, 04:48 AM
Like many others I can't disagree with any of the Aberdeen guys comments.

(1) We have a thin squad lacking in quality
(2) Several proven non-performers are still there
(3) We have a Manager that does not appear to want to be here - if there is another mid season managerial change it could further disrupt the season. Our Manager is saying to all + sundry that his team is not ready for the new season - surely its his job to ensure that they are ready ? These statements are like Mowbray's motivational disaster comments prior to that Hearts cup semi "they are a stronger team than us" etc etc
(4) Our crowds are falling at an alarming rate

Lets face it there is a general air of apathy around the place just now that needs to be blown away

Boris
28-07-2011, 05:58 AM

(3) We have a Manager that does not appear to want to be here - if there is another mid season managerial change it could further disrupt the season. Our Manager is saying to all + sundry that his team is not ready for the new season - surely its his job to ensure that they are ready ? These statements are like Mowbray's motivational disaster comments prior to that Hearts cup semi "they are a stronger team than us" etc etc

Lets face it there is a general air of apathy around the place just now that needs to be blown away

Excellent summary of the situation:top marks

On a "positive" note, I don't think our squad is any more lacking in quality than say Dunfermline, St Mirren or Kilmarnock, plus maybe a couple of others but that just suggests a bottom 6 placing at best.

On the manager front, Forest seem to have gone all cold on taking CC & with the latest financial problems at Birmingham as announced yesterday I can't see them coming back in with an improved offer as Petrie appeared to be gambling on. Love him or loathe him looks like we're stuck with CC for the moment.

Another possible factor on our spending power is likely to be the latest set of annual accounts. Hibs financial year runs to 31 July & accounts are usually signed off pretty quickly with the AGM in October. With our league placing last year, added to our cup performances including Europe, drop in season ticket sales this year & no significant transfer income I suspect we might be in for a significant loss, probably in excess of £1m.

Could be a bumpy ride at the Leith San Siro over the next few months.........

cocopops1875
28-07-2011, 06:24 AM
My feeling or hope is we don't know anything yet, we got beaten off Celtic that's realistically what we all expected (sadly) the questions still remain are Celtic very good ? Are we very bad ? Are rangers bad ? Are hearts good ? Or vice versa on all of them. One game in we have lost a match to a team that will push for the title , the next couple of games will tell us more I remain positive that we will be far improved from last year and will finish in the top 6 (though probably 5th or 6th) let's get behind the team now a good showing in inverness could start us on a wee run and give us a boost with a result up there for the 1st time. Last season was grim but I have a feeling that things are not as bad as some think GGTTH

flash
28-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Jeez, only on this forum would people queue up to join a fan of another team in putting the boot in. Have you seen the nick of Aberdeen?

How about we develop a bit of a siege mentality instead of poncing around like wee bairns.

KWJ
28-07-2011, 06:48 AM

Who?

I'd say Hart and err that's it. De Graff would be there abouts but a bit harsh.

Mikey
28-07-2011, 06:53 AM
......a manager who openly wants to leave to become an assistant in the English lower leagues

It's funny (well, it's not really) that CC gets a hard time for not saying that he's fully committed to Hibs, but people want to believe that he has said he wants to go. Yet he hasn't said that either.

Judas Iscariot
28-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Who?I'd say Hart and err that's it. De Graff would be there abouts but a bit harsh. Stevenson? Murray? Galbraith? Not IMO but possibly from another teams perspective they could be classed as that?!

R'Albin
28-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Jeez, only on this forum would people queue up to join a fan of another team in putting the boot in. Have you seen the nick of Aberdeen?

How about we develop a bit of a siege mentality instead of poncing around like wee bairns.

:agree:

Sean1875
28-07-2011, 03:17 PM

In fairness though theres quite a few folk on there that seem to quite 'like' us. Still find it incredible that a team like Aberdeen who have been going backwards for far longer than us have the cheek to spout stuff like that.

The Sea-gull
28-07-2011, 03:38 PM
The exact way the Aberdeen fan has expressed things is perhaps a bit exaggerated:-

3 lumps of wood - GO'C is a gamble but has proven ability so potential there and they were excited at the prospect of signing him earlier in the summer. Sodje is not the best but has the physical attributes and scored enough goals last season to suggest he's not the worst option in the SPL either. Agogo - doubt he knows any more about him that the majority of us do.
No Defenders - No right back to speak of. Hanlon is a decent enough CH who can improve if he focuses. O'Hanlon, doubt many know anything about him yet. Booth at left back looks the part for now. Not the worst situation to be in defensively.
Manager - fair point, yet to be convinced he wants to be here long term and not convinced I or many of our fans want him here anyway.
What I would say is that he or any fan of this club can't be blamed for having these thoughts. I'll get shot down for a negative post but in all honestly there ain't much positive signs for reasons to be optimistic coming out of ER just now. Fans of our club and fans of other clubs will be aware of this as they have eyes and ears and don't need to read posts on this or any other fans website to believe this.

3pm
28-07-2011, 03:50 PM

What's the 'sneaky' tenner? Was it not his?

He won't pull the wool over my eyes.

we are hibs
28-07-2011, 04:01 PM
whos there best player like shaun the sheep baa baa.

man1- whats that smell it smells of shiet

man 2- no its just the aberdeen fans with there sheepish burds

JimBHibees
28-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Dont mind them to be honest. Some of our more watchable games in the last five years or so have been against them they also have a healthy dislike for all things weedge which is never a bad thing.

jdships
28-07-2011, 04:08 PM

Have only just read this thread but agree totally with what you write.
One game onto the season and the "gloom and doomers" are at it already
Remember the old song " Everyone's a winner" by Hot Chocolat ?

Never could believe the things you do to me

Never could believe the way you are.

Every day i bless the day that you got through to me

'cause baby i believe that you're a star.

For goodness sake be positive :flag:

greenlex
28-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Who gives a flying one what an ovine molester has put a tenner on. What is it they say abut fools and their money?:rolleyes:

greenlex
28-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Have only just read this thread but agree totally with what you write.
One game onto the season and the "gloom and doomers" are at it already
Remember the old song " Everyone's a winner" by Hot Chocolat ?

Never could believe the things you do to me

Never could believe the way you are.

Every day i bless the day that you got through to me

'cause baby i believe that you're a star.

For goodness sake be positive :flag:
I prefer "I believe in miracles" but I dont think I want to go there.:greengrin

styboy68
28-07-2011, 05:59 PM
aafter reading the ss post, think most of them like us, and to be fair from what i seen so far think could be a long season, but no danger we going down