PDA

View Full Version : Boring pre season friendlies? How about...

Renfrew_Hibby
27-07-2011, 08:03 PM
... what they do in Argentina?

While reading about various Argentinian fitba teams on Wikipedia i notice that all the major sides have an annual club day a 'Worldwide Fans Day'.
This always takes place during their summer and close season in December and is a day long celebration of all things, Boca, River, Velez or whoever.

Street parties, parades, kids tornaments, concerts, stadium open day, player interaction ect.
Dont know how it would work over here but i would be up for a Hibs Day at Easter Road in the summer.

I remember When River had their centenary they had Fans Days all over the globe, I think there was a massive party in either Amsterdam or Berlin.

HH81
27-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Read it wrong.

Pre-season games are boring, think it would be a good idea but more for the younger ones?

Hibernia Na Eir
27-07-2011, 08:33 PM
think we'll always be subjected to sitting watching trialists and A.N. Others in July. Crap pre-seasons and Crap league. a league of physical giants with little quality.
Yawn....

Sean1875
28-07-2011, 03:20 PM
The way things are going, this would just consist of Petrie standing in the middle of ER with a dog and a packet of Jaffa cakes.

SanFranHibs
28-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Just invite 3 teams for a play all (3 games of course).

One from any of three 'local' countries such as France, Germany, Ireland, Wales, England. Does not really matter where.

Might be cheaper than going on 'foreign' pre season tours and I think would be great fun. Then the following year we might be hosted by one of the teams we hosted.