PDA

View Full Version : So, what position[s] would you fill.....

Franck Stanton
27-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Acording to this mornings Scotsman , CC has stated he is hoping to sign one, possibly two more quality players before end of transfer window. Made me wonder what positions he was looking to fill. There is an aguement for all three, defence , midfield and striker.
It is well documented we need a r/back, but if we can only sign two more players some may argue that they should be a quality c/midfield plamaker type to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and take control and another striker. These two options may well be correct as we could play Spoony at r/back, not ideal but could grow into position , personally I thought he played his best games for us at r/back.
If we went for a r/back and c/midfield, do we have adequate cover in the striking dept? Possibly now that we have Agogo on board alough haven't seen him, he may be a dud.
Complicated isn't it. What do you think CC should do.

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Right back, centre half, left sided midfielder and a forward.

Franck Stanton
27-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Right back, centre half, left sided midfielder and a forward.

Sorry Blackpool, only allowed two, [ alough I agree withh all you are saying], CC stated he hopes for one, possibly stretch to two , so have to make a choice.

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Sorry Blackpool, only allowed two, [ alough I agree withh all you are saying], CC stated he hopes for one, possibly stretch to two , so have to make a choice.

Sorry, ok i will have a new manager then please. :devil:

Wotherspiniesta
27-07-2011, 06:06 PM
I'd fill a position someone underneath Christina Milian.

Westie1875
27-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Striker and creative midfielder

down-the-slope
27-07-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm assuming Doggie is not the correct answer :confused:

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2011, 06:09 PM

I had no idea who this was, so googled her. Good choice. :greengrin :top marks

snooky
27-07-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm assuming Doggie is not the correct answer :confused:

We need a playmaker at the back.

Future17
27-07-2011, 06:34 PM

There's a blast from the past! What's she doing with herself nowadays? Other than posting online about filling a position somewhere above you of course...:greengrin

sunshine1875
27-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Always like the missionary, though old style now with all these new starting positions.

Ed De Gramo
27-07-2011, 06:40 PM
RB & Striker

That said, we need 4 players if i'm being honest.

RB, LB, CM & Striker.

I just think we need a challenge for Boothy. :agree:

Onceinawhile
27-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Left midfield and right back for me.We could do with another striker but 3 plus Crawford should hopefully see us through to January.

Wotherspiniesta
27-07-2011, 06:43 PM
There's a blast from the past! What's she doing with herself nowadays? Other than posting online about filling a position somewhere above you of course...:greengrin

Having a baby with a guy called "the dream"

Inceptiony folk ken whits gaun oan.

Steve20
27-07-2011, 06:51 PM
We really need a right back, centre half, creativity in midfield and another striker. I honestly believe we should be bringing in four more players.

However, if forced to pick just two, I'll go for the right back and the midfielder

Franck is God
27-07-2011, 08:25 PM
I'd be looking to sign a right back and an attacking midfielder who likes to play left side who at a push could also cover up front if needed.

Ritchie Towell fits the right back berth perfectly for me.

Reading CC's comments earlier I got the impression that he has a number of players in mind at Prem/Championship clubs that may not be first choice next season but definitely have more than enough quality for the SPL, the money that he has aside is to make sure we are first in the queue when they become available.

Albion Hibs
27-07-2011, 08:33 PM
I would go for right back and a left midfielder.

Jonnyboy
27-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Two right back's incase one o' them's sheight :greengrin

basehibby
28-07-2011, 03:11 AM
Could do with a Centre Half who can also play RB
Also a midfield playmaker

As has been pointed out that is a bare minimum but if we're talking two QUALITY players that's where we need em most IMO.

KWJ
28-07-2011, 03:38 AM
Left midfield and right back for me.We could do with another striker but 3 plus Crawford should hopefully see us through to January.

What the man in Belgium said.

Keith_M
28-07-2011, 02:20 PM
You'll get Sod All until more of you buy Season tickets... so there!

Oh and I've got the answer for Mikey

"The chicken and the egg are sitting up in bed having a post-coital cigarette.
The chicken turns to the egg and says, “Well I guess that answers that question”."

:wink:

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 02:44 PM
We need more than two extra players.

At least four. A right back, a striker, a centre half and a midfielder who'll score about 8 goals a season.

I believe that all those positions are equally as important as one another so it's impossible to only pick two.

aberhibsfc
28-07-2011, 03:21 PM
We need more than two extra players.

At least four. A right back, a striker, a centre half and a midfielder who'll score about 8 goals a season.

I believe that all those positions are equally as important as one another so it's impossible to only pick two.

Paksi FC, going purely by the badge, is that an trendy Undertakers works team?