PDA

View Full Version : CC Interview on Sportsound tonight

offshorehibby
27-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Tonight's Sortsound has CC getting interviewed, program usual y starts about 6:10

R'Albin
27-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Tonight's Sortsound has CC getting interviewed, program usual y starts about 6:10

Cheers, I'll have a wee listen :aok:

BT58
27-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Wonder if with brum in financial meltdown,, well there owner is
He will say that hes happy at hibs !!!!
Unless other bags of sweeties pop up

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Did i miss much i was washing my hair.

snooky
27-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Heard in stephen's the bakers that Chris Hughton is to be our next assistant manager.
Great! Is Stephen giving us the dough?
:wink:

offshorehibby
27-07-2011, 05:57 PM
He basically said the start off the league campaign came to early for us and that after the Sunderland game we should be up to full speed and better than other teams around us.

Nothing about signings.

Again 'I'm more than happy at Hibs'.

DH1875
27-07-2011, 06:02 PM
So is he staying then :greengrin.

Craig_in_Prague
27-07-2011, 06:06 PM
He basically said the start off the league campaign came to early for us and that after the Sunderland game we should be up to full speed and better than other teams around us.

Nothing about signings.

Again 'I'm more than happy at Hibs'.

your 1st sentence might get others going off on one, especially the bit in bold.
Just to add to what you mentioned:

He said the pre season was short and that he knows there's more fitness and sharpness to come, and the Blackpool game being on Tuesday after a sunday game, meant he couldn't play the guys who played Sunday, given we've also got an away game at ICT this weekend. He said after Sunderland game we should be more ready to go, not that we shouldn't be as ready as others just now though.

Said it's been at least 3 weeks or 4, that the saga with him and maybe leaving has been forgotten about in his mind and it was never at the forefront of his mind.

offshorehibby
27-07-2011, 06:09 PM
your 1st sentence might get others going off on one, especially the bit in bold.

He said the pre season was short and that he knows there's more fitness and sharpness to come, and the Blackpool game being on Tuesday after a sunday game, meant he couldn't play the guys who played Sunday, given we've also got an away game at ICT this weekend. He said after Sunderland game we should be more ready to go, not that we shouldn't be as ready as others though.

Said it's been at least 3 weeks or 4, that the saga with him and maybe leaving has been forgotten about in his mind and it was never at the forefront of his mind.

I took it as after the Sunderland game we'll be up to speed and more than a match for the others.

snooky
27-07-2011, 06:09 PM
So is he staying then :greengrin.

Only the hokey cokey folk ken, I'm telt. :wink:

Craig_in_Prague
27-07-2011, 06:14 PM
I took it as after the Sunderland game we'll be up to speed and more than a match for the others.

no probs.....I was pointing out I believe he meant in terms of fitness and sharpness, that we'll be as fit or better than others. Which he then mentioned it shouldn't mean we should be behind others at the moment. Didn't want others thinking CC stated we'll be better than other teams in terms of football ......a week after saying we should expect a rough season.....

Anyway,

He'll know fine well though that we need results and points ASAP... hopefully as he said the fitness and sharpness improves, coupled with a couple of more players to come, we might afterall be able to start thinking this season could be OK.......

offshorehibby
27-07-2011, 06:21 PM
no probs.....I was pointing out I believe he meant in terms of fitness and sharpness, that we'll be as fit or better than others. Which he then mentioned it shouldn't mean we should be behind others at the moment. Didn't want others thinking CC stated we'll be better than other teams in terms of football ......a week after saying we should expect a rough season.....

Anyway,

He'll know fine well though that we need results and points ASAP... hopefully as he said the fitness and sharpness improves, coupled with a couple of more players to come, we might afterall be able to start thinking this season could be OK.......

And hopefully that'll start on Saturday by breaking out ICT hoodoo.

matty_f
27-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know if this will be available to listen to later on the iplayer?

Frazerbob
27-07-2011, 06:44 PM

He said the pre season was short and that he knows there's more fitness and sharpness to come, and the Blackpool game being on Tuesday after a sunday game, meant he couldn't play the guys who played Sunday, given we've also got an away game at ICT this weekend. He said after Sunderland game we should be more ready to go, not that we shouldn't be as ready as others just now though.

That's interesting. When I asked Fife Hyland why we were playing "pre" season friendlies after the season has started, one coming at the expense of an all too rare Saturday 3pm SPL match, I was told that both the Sunderland & Blackpool games were "first and foremost the managers choice". I can't remember if the game was arranged before the fixtures were announced but there was always a good chance we'd be playing the previous Sunday.

Craig_in_Prague
27-07-2011, 06:51 PM
That's interesting. When I asked Fife Hyland why we were playing "pre" season friendlies after the season has started, one coming at the expense of an all too rare Saturday 3pm SPL match, I was told that both the Sunderland & Blackpool games were "first and foremost the managers choice". I can't remember if the game was arranged before the fixtures were annoinced but there was always a good chance we'd be playing the previous Sunday.

can only assume the Celtic game and the move to the Sunday was after Blackpool game was agreed.

3pm
27-07-2011, 07:22 PM
That's interesting. When I asked Fife Hyland why we were playing "pre" season friendlies after the season has started, one coming at the expense of an all too rare Saturday 3pm SPL match, I was told that both the Sunderland & Blackpool games were "first and foremost the managers choice". I can't remember if the game was arranged before the fixtures were announced but there was always a good chance we'd be playing the previous Sunday.

To be fair to Calderwood, it's only good planning to have the 'Blackpool dossier' ready when he goes to Birmingham.

WhileTheChief..
27-07-2011, 07:32 PM
I thought that was the most positive interview that he's given. Sounded like there was a bit of passion in his voice. This, coupled with his chat in the Scotsman about cherry picking, is making me feel slightly better. Maybe the doom is lifting??!!

MrSmith
27-07-2011, 07:37 PM
I thought that was the most positive interview that he's given. Sounded like there was a bit of passion in his voice. This, coupled with his chat in the Scotsman about cherry picking, is making me feel slightly better. Maybe the doom is lifting??!!

Yep me too. However, I would be much happier if he scorched all the rumours of his departure by fully committing, signing a right back, center half and a no-nonsense solid and reliable ball winning midfielder.

One can but dream...

EasterRoad4Ever
27-07-2011, 08:10 PM

Talk is cheap. Until Hibs actually DO SOMETHING to sort out the mess that is the first team, I'll continue to fear the worst and call for change at the top.

Remember the ONLY people who have the club at their heart are the FANS. The rest are just along for the ride, usually trying to make a few quid along the way at our expense.

Peevemor
27-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Talk is cheap. Until Hibs actually DO SOMETHING to sort out the mess that is the first team, I'll continue to fear the worst and call for change at the top.

Remember the ONLY people who have the club at their heart are the FANS. The rest are just along for the ride, usually trying to make a few quid along the way at our expense.What are they meant to DO, apart from continue to sign decent quality PLAYERS like Agogo et al.That's ACTION not TALK!

khib70
27-07-2011, 09:24 PM
What are they meant to DO, apart from continue to sign decent quality PLAYERS like Agogo et al.That's ACTION not TALK!

Cure cancer
Solve Fermat's last equation
Reconcile the Israelis and Palestinians
Stabilise the Eurozone

Then ah might go tae a game, likes

Finger out, Petrie!!!!

:rolleyes: