PDA

View Full Version : 3 main strikers.

Spike Mandela
27-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Am I right in thinking our three main strikers are out of contract at the end of the season and thus available for pre contract or sale in January?

If so is this part of the unworkable legacy we have? Lack of stability.

DH1875
27-07-2011, 04:09 PM
3 main strikers, who are they? I can only think of two.

hibbymac
27-07-2011, 04:14 PM
3 main strikers, who are they? I can only think of two.

O'connor, Sodje and Agogo.

DH1875
27-07-2011, 04:20 PM
I am a total tit. Totally forgot about Akpo for a minute there.

GreenPJ
27-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Am I right in thinking our three main strikers are out of contract at the end of the season and thus available for pre contract or sale in January?

If so is this part of the unworkable legacy we have? Lack of stability.

Its only a legacy in a year's time, whether its unworkable will be whether we have taken the opportunity to help develop younger squad players to step up the mark or we have not planned and we don't identify a comparable or better striker on a pre-contract in Jan.

The 3 of them are gambles that were worth taking:
Gary needs to rediscover his form if he is going to get back to the life he was accustomed to living
Agogo is unproven (at Hibs anyway) and has a track record of being a good player but somewhat unstable
Sodje I think has done a good job since he has come here but was still a risk as he was not a recognised goal scorer down south

Anyway, in a year's time Derek will be sick of rice and will be back surely :wink:

matty_f
27-07-2011, 04:47 PM
There is always the chance that they enjoy life at Hibs, do well, get offered new deals and extend their stays beyond the end of the season.

BSEJVT
27-07-2011, 04:52 PM
There is always the chance that they enjoy life at Hibs, do well, get offered new deals and extend their stays beyond the end of the season.

Or that losing EDG & Hart of the wage bill, a return to higher ST numbers, and the emergence of some young talent from the youth programme in other positions, will enable us to recruit better quality replacements next season.

TBH I wouldnt want any of the 3 of them on longer contracts than that anyway.

IMO in their own ways they all have question marks over them / points to prove before being worthy of longer deals

Speedway
27-07-2011, 05:46 PM

Don't be so ridiculous. That's not in the spirit of the OP.

greenlex
27-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Am I right in thinking our three main strikers are out of contract at the end of the season and thus available for pre contract or sale in January?If so is this part of the unworkable legacy we have? Lack of stability. No part of the unworkable legacy is ***** players on longer deals.

Dirkster23
27-07-2011, 10:58 PM

And the same thing could have happened if we'd taken Sheridan on a 6 month loan and he'd enjoyed it?

Spike Mandela
28-07-2011, 03:59 PM
No part of the unworkable legacy is ***** players on longer deals.

Has anyone actually found out the actual meaning in RP's description of an unworkable legacy? Someone has to ask the man himself.

Anyway, the spirit of the OP was only wondering if we will have a persistently changing strikeforce year on year. I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing or just the way it is. Other posters clearly think it implies it is a bad thing.