PDA

View Full Version : St Johnstone home game date confirmed.

greenlex
27-07-2011, 03:33 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110727/st-johnstone-home-date-confirmed_2262950_2403382

sunshine1875
27-07-2011, 03:35 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110727/st-johnstone-home-date-confirmed_2262950_2403382

That was lucky - just booked a trip to London for the 26th/27th, just minutes ago!

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2011, 03:38 PM
A wednesday fantastic.:rolleyes: Next season they can ram their season ticket up their REMOVED.

BoltonHibee
27-07-2011, 03:42 PM
A wednesday fantastic.:rolleyes: Next season they can ram their season ticket up their REMOVED.

Early start to season, less midweek games to worry about.

Postpone a Saturday league game for a friendly, and play league game on a Wednesday :faf:

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2011, 03:49 PM

Postpone a Saturday league game for a friendly, and play league game on a Wednesday :faf:

When we want more people through the gates, we make it harder for the fans to go. :top marks Hibs for making a complete REMOVED of it.:rolleyes:

Saorsa
27-07-2011, 03:50 PM
They could have kept it 'til we had a spare Saturday efter we've been knocked out of the Scottish by some lower division team again.

SteveHFC
27-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Happy with that. Straight to the game after training at Meadowbank.

Saorsa
27-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Happy with that. Straight to the game after training at Meadowbank.It would have been better at 3pm on a Saturday, I remember them from the good old days.... http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/grandpa.gif

DH1875
27-07-2011, 04:06 PM

Yeh, you couldn't make this removed up :tee hee:.

Mary Hinge
27-07-2011, 04:17 PM

Exactly :agree:

St. Johnstone at home on a Saturday at 3:00pm - good chance of a decent crowd (as well as a leisurely shandy or two before and after the match).

St. Johnstone at home on a Wednesday at 7:45pm - crap crowd and a good chance that I'll be running around like a blue-arsed trying to get there on time.

Ludicrous decision again ....... it makes you wonder if the powers that be (both at Hibs and the SPL) are doing everything they can to drive people away from the game altogether.

The only sell-outs you're likely to watch live on TV are the bigot-fests :grr:

hibbymark
27-07-2011, 04:22 PM
I was in the hibs shop on saturday and i watched 3 italian students begging to buy tickets for sundays game only to be refused because they were not on the database. I remember thinking with the edin fest about to start once again we miss a opportunity that some tourists may wish to take in a game,buy some snacks or programmor reminder from the shop. To sit in a half empty stadium like sunday had me thinking the exact same thing. We really are doing our best to drive people away.With the constant changing of match dates already looking like my discount on walk up prices is going to be lost.

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Why could we not have played St Johnstone in the league game scheduled for the saturday, and had a friendly midweek?:confused:

Jamesie
27-07-2011, 04:44 PM
I was in the hibs shop on saturday and i watched 3 italian students begging to buy tickets for sundays game only to be refused because they were not on the database. I remember thinking with the edin fest about to start once again we miss a opportunity that some tourists may wish to take in a game,buy some snacks or programmor reminder from the shop. To sit in a half empty stadium like sunday had me thinking the exact same thing. We really are doing our best to drive people away.With the constant changing of match dates already looking like my discount on walk up prices is going to be lost.

Not going to go into this again as I started a long thread last year on the rank stupidity that surrounds the allocation of Category A tickets : http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?190293-Ticket-office-bans-tourists-from-Sunday-s-game-(Merged-threads)&highlight=tourists

Out of interest, did no-one offer to buy tickets for the tourists?

Ed De Gramo
Hopefully we never see this friendly inbetween SPL matches nonsense again.

Surely we would have had more people in hospitality for a saturday SPL match?

Do we have to pay for Sunderland to stay up here?

GloryGlory
I paid the full price up front for my seaso. I already know I am losing out because of the crap TV schedules. GTF.

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2011, 04:48 PM
I paid ther full price up front for my seaso. I alraeday know I am losng out because of the crap TV schedules. GTF.

Thats me finished with buying a season ticket. I already miss out on some games that are moved because of tv, FFS we even have the sheep game moved to sunday for no apparent reason i can see? Now we are moving league games from saturday to midweek for a friendly. :rolleyes:

I will still make the same amount of games, but save a fortune now.

matty_f
27-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Crap decision, everyone is crying out for 3pm Saturday kick offs for games that actually mean something.

Mark79
27-07-2011, 05:10 PM
REMOVEDholes!

Golden Bear
27-07-2011, 05:15 PM
It would have been better at 3pm on a Saturday, I remember them from the good old days.... http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/grandpa.gif

:agree:

Joking apart - everyone knew exactly where they stood in the days of the Saturday 3pm kick offs and the alternate home and away fixtures.

marinello59
27-07-2011, 05:20 PM
There is no justification for playing a friendly instead of this fixture. I guess there is some justification for taking the Sunderland game on but I really can't see what it is.

HH81
27-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Although I don't agree with the sunderland game, everyone was kidding themselves if they didn't think this would be mid-week. It was always going to be in my eyes. Only thing I can think of is they thought Hibs fans would attend in big numbers and sunderland fill away end. Can't see that either.

Golden Bear
27-07-2011, 05:25 PM
There is no justification for playing a friendly instead of this fixture. I guess there is some justification for taking the Sunderland game on but I really can't see what it is.

It's accepted practice by all the Really big teams

:agree:

Removed
27-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Early start to season, less midweek games to worry about. Postpone a Saturday league game for a friendly, and play league game on a Wednesday :faf: :agree: :crazy: and I won't be at the Sunderland game. How to piss off the folk that keep the club alive in one easy step. Joke decision.

EasterRoad4Ever
27-07-2011, 05:54 PM
My theory is that Petrie is doing all he can to drive revenue down as it just gives him the problem of how to spend it :devil:

Agree, Hibs and the SPL are doing everything possibly to keep fans away from games - unbelievable.

DH1875
27-07-2011, 05:56 PM
And I've got news for you all. Next season is starting even earlier so no doubt we will be postponing a few games to fit in friendlies against EPL teams.

HH81
27-07-2011, 06:13 PM
And I've got news for you all. Next season is starting even earlier so no doubt we will be postponing a few games to fit in friendlies against EPL teams.

How you know that?

.Sean.
27-07-2011, 06:40 PM
So we can play Sunderland in a ****ing friendly. Fantastic, some folk have to work and would rather see an important league game on a weekend as opposed to a meaningless game. Cheers Hibs.

zlatan
27-07-2011, 07:02 PM

edit - I was just looking to see if naughty words were being replaced by the word removed.

Jonnyboy
27-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Dinnae shoot me if I'm wrong but is it not the SPL that decide fixture dates?

Viva_Palmeiras
27-07-2011, 07:49 PM
*****edit - I was just looking to see if naughty words were being replaced by the word removed. Twunt ;)

scoopyboy
27-07-2011, 07:53 PM

Maybe cos we will be stronger with our sensational late August signings.

They will be bedded in by the time we play SJ in late September, we might have struggled to beat them on 6th August.

Howzat for a theory.

Saorsa
27-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Dinnae shoot me if I'm wrong but is it not the SPL that decide fixture dates?Aye, and it was their stupid idea tae allow teams postpone a game in the 1st place and I believe the OF were behind that decision.

Jonnyboy
27-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Aye, and it was their stupid idea tae allow teams postpone a game in the 1st place and I believe the OF were behind that decision.

If it's an SPL decision J I cannae see why Hibs are being criticised? :confused:

Ed De Gramo
27-07-2011, 08:16 PM
If it's an SPL decision J I cannae see why Hibs are being criticised? :confused:

I think they allowed that rule because the OF had arranged those silly round the world tours.....Hibs should have played St Johnstone but for some reason we're now playing Sunderland.

The decision maker(s) needs to have their head(s) looked at :agree:

Saorsa
27-07-2011, 08:46 PM
If it's an SPL decision J I cannae see why Hibs are being criticised? :confused:I'm not rightly sure TBH if you have tae have the postponement though, I think it is a choice and if I'm right, then it is a totally unnecessary choice on the part of Hibs. I doubt they'll make much out of it (I certainly winnae be there for 15 quid) and some ST holders that cannae make it tae the rearranged fixture will have been done out of another game they've paid for on top of any they cannae make that have or will be shifted for TV.

The motivation behind the whole stupid idea though I believe was tae suit the OF as usual, they were mumping and moaning that the early start would impact on their summer money making games and everybody else as usual lets them have their way, every other club can be blamed for that IMO.

As I say I may be wrong :greengrin about the choice bit, anybody know different? :dunno:

Edit: post below mine suggests I'm right about the choice.

marinello59
27-07-2011, 08:47 PM

The SPL gave all teams the choice and Hibs chose a friendly rather than the scheduled league fixture.

Jonnyboy
27-07-2011, 08:49 PM
The SPL gave all teams the choice and Hibs chose a friendly rather than the scheduled league fixture.

In that case J it's a poor show :agree:

khib70
27-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Ah you old spoilsport. We could have had yet another thread ripping the club here :grr:

:greengrin

khib70
27-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Ah you old spoilsport. We could have had yet another thread ripping the club here :grr:

So good I posted it twice. D'oh smilie

Jonnyboy
27-07-2011, 09:31 PM

I'll echo that thought :greengrin

ackeygraham
27-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Had a look at the Sunderland game - £15 - GTF, utter nonsense having a friendly instead of a SPL game on a Sat.
STJ game on a Wed night - GTF

Im just glad i've chosen to pick and choose my games this season rather than get my ST....seriously got to start looking at yourself Hibs....rather get 10,000 £28 tickets than 20,000 £20 tickets....madness..

The decision's and the tight as a crabs erse attitude is turning away the honest fan.

joebakerforever
27-07-2011, 10:16 PM

Apart from the OF & Hibs, does anyone know how many other SPL clubs have taken up this friendly/rescheduling option ?

Fantic
27-07-2011, 10:18 PM
I know it doesn't suit everybody but I like a meaningful night game. Breaks the week up.

Dunbar Hibee
27-07-2011, 10:31 PM

edit - I was just looking to see if naughty words were being replaced by the word removed.

Shut the REMOVED up you REMOVED.

DH1875
27-07-2011, 10:45 PM
How you know that?

Because it's already been decided :wink:.

KWJ
28-07-2011, 06:26 AM
As just mentioned I too quite like a midweek night game, breaks up the week.

I can see the clubs logic in putting this game on. I wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Gyan strutting their stuff at ER but it has to be done with us in good spirits and right now we're not so the attendance won't be great. If we were playing well and thought we could give them a game then I'm sure people would be more up for it.

The board are just giving something a shot, on this occasion they'll see the fans aren't up for it. Let them try things.

IWasThere2016
28-07-2011, 06:40 AM

You couldnae make it up ..

greenlex
28-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Had a look at the Sunderland game - £15 - GTF, utter nonsense having a friendly instead of a SPL game on a Sat.
STJ game on a Wed night - GTF

Im just glad i've chosen to pick and choose my games this season rather than get my ST....seriously got to start looking at yourself Hibs....rather get 10,000 £28 tickets than 20,000 £20 tickets....madness..

The decision's and the tight as a crabs erse attitude is turning away the honest fan.
What about the dishonest fans?:dunno:

Sir David Gray
28-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Oh well, I'm another season ticket holder who won't be at this rearranged game.

Fantastic...:rolleyes:

Carheenlea
28-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Like a couple of recent posters, I too quite enjoy midweek games. Of course, living not far from Edinburgh and working during the day means I can make them no bother, but many fans are not in the same position to do likewise. That said, to postpone the Saturday***ture to accomodate a friendly is baffling to say the least. Saints don't travel in huge numbers so that should not impact too much on the visiting fans, but it's an inconvenience all the same and hard lines on the saints travelling support.

As it stands, I score because I'm in Ireland for a couple of weeks so would have missed the game, but I still disagree with the decision to postpone regardless.

Danderhall Hibs
28-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Forget the fact that we've booked a pre-season friendly 2 weeks after the season started - which Saturday is free for us to play this game? Weren't we all expecting it to be played mdweek?

Scouse Hibee
28-07-2011, 06:36 PM
I can make the St Johnstone game with my ST and I have paid £15 for me and £10 for the laddie to attend the Sunderland game :na na:

Del Boy
28-07-2011, 11:29 PM
I could (just about) understand it if it was a real glamour friendly like Barca or Milan, but it's Sunderland FFS!!!!! If anyone is really that bothered about the chance to see the mighty Sunderland just take a 2 hour drive down to the *****hole one weekend during the season. Utterly stupid decision to arrange this fixture. Sunderland FFS!!!!

HibbyDave
29-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Never renewed and have no intention of owning one in the future. Hibs have now convinced me that they don't give a toss about the fan base (i've suspected this for a while but events of the last few years have finally got the message through to me)

Won't attend the Sunderland match either as I'll be at MURRAYFIELD watching the Scotland/Ireland match with a beer in hand!

Oh yes, one other point:
Hibs V Sunderland £15 a seat OR Scotland V Ireland £10 a seat. Wonder which match will attract a larger crowd? Or a Lager Crowd?:thumbsup:

Anyway GGTTH :agree:

HibeeMassive
29-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Never renewed and have no intention of owning one in the future. Hibs have now convinced me that they don't give a toss about the fan base (i've suspected this for a while but events of the last few years have finally got the message through to me)

Won't attend the Sunderland match either as I'll be at MURRAYFIELD watching the Scotland/Ireland match with a beer in hand!

Oh yes, one other point:
Hibs V Sunderland £15 a seat OR Scotland V Ireland £10 a seat. Wonder which match will attract a larger crowd? Or a Lager Crowd?:thumbsup:

Thats fair enough mate, each to their own

Personally though, if Hibs are at home and Scotland are at home in the rugby then it would be Hibs, regardless of who we are playing every time. £5 is nothing these days in the grand scheme of things and to watch Hibs against an established premiership side I have to be honest and say I don't think £15 is too much.

£27 for an SPL league game however is a joke .. but thats for another time..

bpw
29-07-2011, 09:01 AM

Oh yes, one other point:

I agree about Hibs attitude about their fans (seem to be doing everything posisble to disicouage fans from going to Celtic game as highlighted here) but much as I despise Petrie and O'Hagan I hate the Scottish rugby union team far more - not a good reason!

bpw
29-07-2011, 09:05 AM

The rank stupidity of the likes of O'Hagan with regard to the database and the absurdity of the clubs policy is well known - but why is only are Hibs one of the few clubs where this nonsense arises? Do our officials have a unique lack of brain cells?

KWJ
29-07-2011, 10:43 AM
The rank stupidity of the likes of O'Hagan with regard to the database and the absurdity of the clubs policy is well known - but why is only are Hibs one of the few clubs where this nonsense arises? Do our officials have a unique lack of brain cells?

Kilmarnock are the opposite who allow Rangers fans to take over their stadium when they win the league. I'm glad we don't do that. A bit of leeway should be had thought to allow tourists in.

dp00
29-07-2011, 10:58 AM
My new boss is from down south.. I took him to a few games last season...

He wanted to go to the celtic game on Sunday and despite him spending over 60quid in the club shop on a strip and some other stuff they still would not sell him a ticket for Celtic game. In the end I had to go and get him one for him and his dad.

While understanding why the policy is there... Common sense should be applied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bristolhibby
29-07-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm not rightly sure TBH if you have tae have the postponement though, I think it is a choice and if I'm right, then it is a totally unnecessary choice on the part of Hibs. I doubt they'll make much out of it (I certainly winnae be there for 15 quid) and some ST holders that cannae make it tae the rearranged fixture will have been done out of another game they've paid for on top of any they cannae make that have or will be shifted for TV.

The motivation behind the whole stupid idea though I believe was tae suit the OF as usual, they were mumping and moaning that the early start would impact on their summer money making games and everybody else as usual lets them have their way, every other club can be blamed for that IMO.

As I say I may be wrong :greengrin about the choice bit, anybody know different? :dunno:

Edit: post below mine suggests I'm right about the choice.

The thing that cracks me up, (more of a desperation kinda laugh) is that the OF are now complaining about the early start (see Lemon last week before playing us).

DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE EARLY START! IT WAS CREATED TO ALLOW YOU LOT TO TAKE PART IN MONEY MAKING TOURNAMENTS!!!

DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT FIXTURE CONGESTION AT THE TAIL END OF THE SEASON AS WE HAVE HAD AN EARLY START THAT YOU CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE BENIFIT BY PLAYING IN "GLAMOUROUS" TOURNAMENTS!!!

silverhibee
29-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Kilmarnock are the opposite who allow Rangers fans to take over their stadium when they win the league. I'm glad we don't do that. A bit of leeway should be had thought to allow tourists in.

Yep, there was no Huns in the main stand when they won the league a couple of seasons back at ER. :wink:

bpw
29-07-2011, 12:35 PM

It is hardly a comparable case though:

a) there are thousands of Rangers supporters in Ayrshire anyway (many of whom probably occasionally attend Rugby Park so would be reigstered if that club took the ludicrous measures that Hibs take) - so not so much Killie could have done unless they wanted that game to be in a half empty ground; and

b) even if Hibs doubled the current away allocation at ER the away fans would still not occupy the majority of stadium - while it is not unheard of for OF fans to have 3/4 of Rugby Park; and

c) would not imagine Kilmarnock area gets many tourists but no excuse for Hibernian not to have arrnagements to cater for demand from visitors given their location;

As you say it boils down to the quality of officials and staff at each club, and again Hibernian FC are found to be wanting.

Phil MaGlass
29-07-2011, 12:47 PM

Dont understand this attitude either, why not ask for passports to be produced and details taken, like they do at some European stadiums? Theres basically no need for all ticket games at Er anymore, except maybe visiting fans. All it takes is a wee bit of vigilance from the club to weed out visiting fans. Since Hibs fans are not turning out maybe part of the east should be given over to visiting fans.

TamHibs
29-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Isn't this cancel a league game for a friendly match only in force this season? Wheras next season clubs will have to fulfill their fixtures on the specified dates? Maybe the reason we cancelled the St Johnstone fixture was because we had already agreed to play Sunderland on that date before the fixtures were announced?

PatHead
29-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Understood the Olympics were dictating fixture list next season due to football being played in Glasgow at Hampden. Looks like no early start which could impact on Scotland being ready for Euro 2012 in Russia