PDA

View Full Version : More players on the way?

CapitalHibs
27-07-2011, 01:40 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Colin-Calderwood-delight-as-Junior.6808237.jp

HIBERNIAN manager Colin Calderwood last night praised Ghana internationalist Junior Agogo for taking a 'leap of faith' in agreeing a one-year deal with the club - and revealed more funds had been set aside for another 'quality' signing.

"There's going to be real good additions to be had and that's why we've held back some amount of money. We might have to go and stretch that a little bit but I think we could cherry-pick one or two, hopefully."

TrickyNicky
27-07-2011, 01:57 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Colin-Calderwood-delight-as-Junior.6808237.jp

HIBERNIAN manager Colin Calderwood last night praised Ghana internationalist Junior Agogo for taking a 'leap of faith' in agreeing a one-year deal with the club - and revealed more funds had been set aside for another 'quality' signing.

"There's going to be real good additions to be had and that's why we've held back some amount of money. We might have to go and stretch that a little bit but I think we could cherry-pick one or two, hopefully."

Calderwood said:" So, he's taken a leap of faith because his contract will edge up once he's fit. What he's getting paid at the minute is a level that won't pay for too much" .

Petrie statement read : " He's definitely the perfect, fiscal striker we were looking for " !:wink:

CmoantheHibs
27-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Sounds promising.Maybe patience is a virtue after all.:greengrinShould be some interesting rumours floating about now.

Lucius Apuleius
27-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Calderwood said:" So, he's taken a leap of faith because his contract will edge up once he's fit. What he's getting paid at the minute is a level that won't pay for too much" .

Petrie statement read : " He's definitely the perfect, fiscal striker we were looking for " !:wink:

Disappointed Nicky. Thought you would have known that fiscally astute chairmen fowk ken whits gaun on likes.

TrickyNicky
27-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Disappointed Nicky. Thought you would have known that fiscally astute chairmen fowk ken whits gaun on likes.

:greengrin Alzheimer folk ken when ah'm gaun oan likes!:wink:

Lucius Apuleius
27-07-2011, 08:23 AM
:greengrin Alzheimer folk ken when ah'm gaun oan likes!:wink:

What the heck are you talking about?

TrickyNicky
27-07-2011, 08:57 AM
What the heck are you talking about?

I'm not sure anymore!

smurf
27-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Sounds positive!

LeithBoozy
27-07-2011, 09:28 AM
It does sound good, his -CCs signings have not been bad so far and down South is the place he knows best. :wink:

Speedway
27-07-2011, 09:33 AM
The critical point about this is that CC was saying that the players that we could afford and improve us were not being made available up to now or if they were, they came at a premium.

Now players are finding out that they are not in their manager's plans after all, they're looking for first team footie and the price has dropped whilst the availability and choice has risen.

This is what he said he would do since back in May.

Surely somehow, we can find that it's actually a disgrace or something.

Speedway
27-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Sounds promising.Maybe patience is a virtue after all.:greengrinShould be some interesting rumours floating about now.

Do you know which player is always certain to sign and never a rumour? Jermaine Defo :agree:

FromTheCapital
27-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Messi? :greengrin

JimBHibees
27-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Wonder if Airey will be one given that Newcastle have completed their US Tour and are heading back to the UK. In saying that he didnt actually go there but instead played at home and in Holland in friendlies, assuming Pardew is going to now reassess where he is with his squad and decide the young kids he is happy to loan out. Hopefully if it is going to happen it goes through before the weekend.

Keith_M
27-07-2011, 10:18 AM
The critical point about this is that CC was saying that the players that we could afford and improve us were not being made available up to now or if they were, they came at a premium.

Now players are finding out that they are not in their manager's plans after all, they're looking for first team footie and the price has dropped whilst the availability and choice has risen.

This is what he said he would do since back in May.

Surely somehow, we can find that it's actually a disgrace or something.

Bunch of rejects! Not Hibs' class. It's a disgrace, or something.........

:wink:

smurf
27-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Wonder if Airey will be one given that Newcastle have completed their US Tour and are heading back to the UK. In saying that he didnt actually go there but instead played at home and in Holland in friendlies, assuming Pardew is going to now reassess where he is with his squad and decide the young kids he is happy to loan out. Hopefully if it is going to happen it goes through before the weekend.

I spoke to one of the Newcastle Utd youth coaches at the weekend in The Kings Manor Hotel.

I asked about Airey (after a very brief conversation about CC).

He told me he's a fantastic prospect. They'd like him to go out on loan for career progression but he's a "Homebird".

East Coast is what though 90 mins on the choo choo...

ManBearPig
27-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I spoke to one of the Newcastle Utd youth coaches at the weekend in The Kings Manor Hotel.I asked about Airey (after a very brief conversation about CC).He told me he's a fantastic prospect. They'd like him to go out on loan for career progression but he's a "Homebird".East Coast is what though 90 mins on the choo choo...I have heard similar stories that he doesn't want to leave the toon but already looks very promising!! Like you say maybe we can get collection together for a rail pass?!

JimBHibees
27-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I spoke to one of the Newcastle Utd youth coaches at the weekend in The Kings Manor Hotel.

I asked about Airey (after a very brief conversation about CC).

He told me he's a fantastic prospect. They'd like him to go out on loan for career progression but he's a "Homebird".

East Coast is what though 90 mins on the choo choo...

You would have hoped that wouldnt be the reason for him not coming to ER. Hopefully this can be sorted out soon if it is going to happen as he sounds exactly the sort we need.

hibby67
27-07-2011, 12:47 PM

do you think Petrie will want him to get fit..........:devil:

MSK
27-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I see 33yo Gavin Rae is looking for a club ..perhaps the type of player we need in the engine room at this moment in time, esp after watching the disjointed effort from our midfield on Sunday ..

Speedway
27-07-2011, 01:01 PM

The following players appear to still be available on a free at the moment:

Christian Dailly
Marcus Bent
Pablo Counago
Jason Euell
Diomansy Kamara
Zurab Khizanishvilli
Jason Koumas
Michael McIndoe
Kevin McDonald
Boony Zenden
Fabian Yantorno

one day maybe...
27-07-2011, 01:15 PM

Christian Dailly
Marcus Bent
Pablo Counago
Jason Euell
Diomansy Kamara
Zurab Khizanishvilli
Jason Koumas
Michael McIndoe
Kevin McDonald
Boony Zenden
Fabian Yantorno

Michael McIndoe. Didna realise he was an Edinburgh born lad. He must have been at Bristol City the same time as Ivan. Always thought he had a good engine on him and looked a decent player, still only 31.

Sean1875
27-07-2011, 01:21 PM

Christian Dailly
Marcus Bent
Pablo Counago
Jason Euell
Diomansy Kamara
Zurab Khizanishvilli
Jason Koumas
Michael McIndoe
Kevin McDonald
Boony Zenden
Fabian Yantorno

Were we not rumoured to be interested in him not that long back? Assuming it must have just been pish as i've heard nothing since.

3pm
27-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Michael McIndoe. Didna realise he was an Edinburgh born lad. He must have been at Bristol City the same time as Ivan. Always thought he had a good engine on him and looked a decent player, still only 31.

No chance. On ridiculous cash down south.

He's a jambo although that doesn't matter when a contract is offered.

bingo70
27-07-2011, 01:38 PM

Was actually speaking about him the other day to someone that knows him, believe he's pretty much given up football and concentrating on running a night club he owns which is making him far more money than he earned as a footballer.

from what i was told sounded like a total bawbag btw so can quite believe he's a jambo if he's from up here

IWasThere2016
27-07-2011, 01:43 PM

Christian Dailly
Marcus Bent
Pablo Counago
Jason Euell
Diomansy Kamara
Zurab Khizanishvilli
Jason Koumas
Michael McIndoe
Kevin McDonald
Boony Zenden
Fabian Yantorno

Were we not rumoured to be interested in him not that long back? Assuming it must have just been pish as i've heard nothing since.

Mixu was offered him.

Training at Donny Rovers - but they are skint. Would not be expensive as no club would not be an option IMO.

He also fit the criteria for a future sell-on; also more creative than we have at the moment.

Both parties could do a lot worse IMHO.

bingo70
27-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Mixu was offered him. Training at Donny Rovers - but they are skint. Would not be expensive as no club would not be an option IMO. He also fit the criteria for a future sell-on; also more creative than we have at the moment. Both parties could do a lot worse IMHO.

Think I read it in the BBC gossip column, can't remember if it was today or yesterday, that he is on trial with one of the sheffield clubs.

Hows that for a vague rumour

Speedway
27-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Mixu was offered him. Training at Donny Rovers - but they are skint. Would not be expensive as no club would not be an option IMO. He also fit the criteria for a future sell-on; also more creative than we have at the moment. Both parties could do a lot worse IMHO.

Well then the answer, as Dylan would say, is blowing in the wind.

Folk folk ken whit's goan' oan.

IWasThere2016
27-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Think I read it in the BBC gossip column, can't remember if it was today or yesterday, that he is on trial with one of the sheffield clubs.

Hows that for a vague rumour

I'll find out more tonight.

JustSimplyHibs
27-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Kev Thomson on loan to help aide his recover from injury.....a wee burd (human version :wink: )told me he is trying to get back up the road

Think to yourself before replying.....Lewis Stevenson or Kevin Thomson for a season

Ed De Gramo
27-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Kev Thomson on loan to help aide his recover from injury.....a wee burd (human version :wink: )told me he is trying to get back up the road

Think to yourself before replying.....Lewis Stevenson or Kevin Thomson for a season

:greengrin

stokesmessiah
27-07-2011, 03:35 PM

This would not surprise me after the piece in the paper recently about him and his relationship with Hibs and Hibs fans.

I know some ppl would still be upset by it but you hit the nail on the head with your comment, i know which one i would rather have.

JimBHibees
27-07-2011, 03:38 PM
This would not surprise me after the piece in the paper recently about him and his relationship with Hibs and Hibs fans.

I know some ppl would still be upset by it but you hit the nail on the head with your comment, i know which one i would rather have.

Thought he had broken his leg recently. :confused:

MyJo
27-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Mixu was offered him.

Training at Donny Rovers - but they are skint. Would not be expensive as no club would not be an option IMO.

He also fit the criteria for a future sell-on; also more creative than we have at the moment.

Both parties could do a lot worse IMHO.

Is he open to a move "oop north" or does he still want to stay in England?

Ian Murray stuck his fingers up at us while playing for rangers........Thomson did while wearing the captains armband for our club.

He'd have a hell of a lot of making up to do and i'd be concerned about how much time he would spend injured if we did sign him.

R'Albin
27-07-2011, 04:54 PM

:thumbsup::greengrin

R'Albin
27-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Thought he had broken his leg recently. :confused:

He did:greengrin