PDA

View Full Version : Postcard From The Seaside

Speedway
26-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Loud and spirited Hibs support this evening at Bloomfield Road, great spectacle, only tainted by the sight of Blackpool Hibs bouncing up and down (the stand was still shaking gone 10pm.)

Garry O'Connor and Ivan both sat the media table with Andrew was a disappointment as I'd hoped we'd see them in action but it's easy to see why they weren't risked.

On the pitch, the sons of Miller's late 80's Hibs were resplendant in their 4-5-1 formation. From back to front.

Brown made a series of good saves, two of which were excellent and his game was good on the whole. Controversial statement now, Michael Hart was Hibs' man of the match. Assured and strong performance. Next to him David Stephens who looks comfortable when he has time on the ball and uncomfortable when he doesn't. Hanlon strolled through the match and looked assured. Scott Smith was average but for a young lad, fair enough. Into the midfield five now and on the right Taggart - Murder. inside him, Ed De Graaf who is turning into comedy gold. Poor Ed, there was a player there for sure but he's long gone now. The gamejust passes him by. Jimmy Scott was injured early on but was threatened by one of the Blackpool boys that if he left his foot in again, he'd lose it. Lewis Stevenson offers us nothing. Sure he's a nice lad but would you notice if he left the field of play. No - you wouldn't. On the outside left was a scared Danny Galbraith, scared to run, cross, beat a man, shoot or anything else that might have helped. Maybe he was scared to get injured.

Up front, 5'2" David Crawford was the target man. Didn't win a header all night, nor had he any right to. Of the substitutions of which there were many, Palsson was assured, Murray wasn't on long enough. Horner is young but currently the new Brian Hamilton, without the cutting edge or goal threat. Thornhill made things happen as soon as he came on. Booth looked like he belonged in the first team and the two other kids, Handling and ? weren't on long enough.

In summary, tried one idea for 90 minutes (it didn't work) As toothless as the Millerites of the late 80's and Blackpool weren't made to work hard for their win.

CC is bringing in players of quality, he just needs to bring in more and quicker.

Hibby D
26-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Loud and spirited Hibs support this evening at Bloomfield Road, great spectacle, only tainted by the sight of Blackpool Hibs bouncing up and down (the stand was still shaking gone 10pm.)

Garry O'Connor and Ivan both sat the media table with Andrew was a disappointment as I'd hoped we'd see them in action but it's easy to see why they weren't risked.

On the pitch, the sons of Miller's late 80's Hibs were resplendant in their 4-5-1 formation. From back to front.

Brown made a series of good saves, two of which were excellent and his game was good on the whole. Controversial statement now, Michael Hart was Hibs' man of the match. Assured and strong performance. Next to him David Stephens who looks comfortable when he has time on the ball and uncomfortable when he doesn't. Hanlon strolled through the match and looked assured. Scott Smith was average but for a young lad, fair enough. Into the midfield five now and on the right Taggart - Murder. inside him, Ed De Graaf who is turning into comedy gold. Poor Ed, there was a player there for sure but he's long gone now. The gamejust passes him by. Jimmy Scott was injured early on but was threatened by one of the Blackpool boys that if he left his foot in again, he'd lose it. Lewis Stevenson offers us nothing. Sure he's a nice lad but would you notice if he left the field of play. No - you wouldn't. On the outside left was a scared Danny Galbraith, scared to run, cross, beat a man, shoot or anything else that might have helped. Maybe he was scared to get injured.

Up front, 5'2" David Crawford was the target man. Didn't win a header all night, nor had he any right to. Of the substitutions of which there were many, Palsson was assured, Murray wasn't on long enough. Horner is young but currently the new Brian Hamilton, without the cutting edge or goal threat. Thornhill made things happen as soon as he came on. Booth looked like he belonged in the first team and the two other kids, Handling and ? weren't on long enough.

In summary, tried one idea for 90 minutes (it didn't work) As toothless as the Millerites of the late 80's and Blackpool weren't made to work hard for their win.

CC is bringing in players of quality, he just needs to bring in more and quicker.

Did you have to??? :sick:

PaulSmith
26-07-2011, 10:06 PM

Possibly the best yet most depressing Hibs report ever.

CC=Miller. Prob better if we just brought the original back! :)

Bad Martini
26-07-2011, 10:06 PM
A dare someone to scale the tower, hang up a big banner that says "WE ARE HIBS YA BASS" and then climb doon, stand back on the Central Peir and start charing tourists for pictures with this new world famous landmark :greengrin .... a maist vintage idea :aok:

Bad Martini
26-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Possibly the best yet most depressing Hibs report ever.

CC=Miller. Prob better if we just brought the original back! :)

Miller won a cup though :greengrin :devil::lips seal

Can we no just have Collins back? He won a cup and WISNAE a hun anaw :greengrin

Speedway
26-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Just realised that Spoon was so bad I forgot he was on the pitch. Bad run of form that has lasted over 12 months now.

Who was number 26 for us in the second half?

Calvin
26-07-2011, 10:43 PM
I genuinely thought that Stevenson was good for us today. Got back and defended when needed and pushed up to some effect. The amount of interceptions he made today suggested that he knows how to read the game to our benefit. On the flip side I thought Boothy had his worst game for Hibs - absolutely none of the forward runs we have become endeared to and more than a few misplaced passes and good touches.

I agree that Taggart was very poor - was he a defender or a midfielder in the 19s? David Crawford had a thankless task too - I feel we need to play a really poor side to see what he is capable of and that's not a good sign.

RIP
26-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Just realised that Spoon was so bad I forgot he was on the pitch. Bad run of form that has lasted over 12 months now.

The guy who sits behind me in the East is a happy clapper but I swear if David plays one more crap game like the last 2 dozen crap games he's played this guy is going to have a stroke!!

David misplaces almost every pass, shirks tackles, hides, strolls when he should run, fouls with his arms when he should tackle and never ever goes past his man. I'm sure he's a smashing lad and his mum loves him but his lack of fitness and commitment epitomises everything I see wrong at the moment with our team. On Sunday when Ian pulled him up Spoony did a Riiordan, chucked his arms in the air with a "it's no ma fault" gesture.

Meanwhile the man he was meant to tracking was half way towards our goal

LancashireHibby
27-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Only just realised there's a 24 hour bar in the Travelodge, this could be messy! Sat with Bishop Hibee with martinfaeporty, this could be a problem!

legends of 73
27-07-2011, 01:11 AM

number 26 was david gold i think

just home from the game and can't disagree with your op on players

good day out with the troops time for my cot:greengrin

oconnors_strip
27-07-2011, 01:44 AM
number 26 was david gold i think

just home from the game and can't disagree with your op on players

good day out with the troops time for my cot:greengrin

26 was ross caldwell, 12 was gold

Hibby Bairn
27-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Miller won a cup though :greengrin :devil::lips seal

...and got me two euro trips to Belgium and semi-finals and finals in Scotland! :agree:

Removed
27-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Only just realised there's a 24 hour bar in the Travelodge, this could be messy! Sat with Bishop Hibee with martinfaeporty, this could be a problem! Tell us honestly how much Martin had. He told me he would be taking it easy :fibber:

LancsHibs
27-07-2011, 07:04 AM

:agree: Cant disagree with that!! Well done the troops that made the journey down in the circumstances, decent singalong, poor game:flag::flag:

Speedway
27-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Some chants that I enjoyed last night...

'Michael Hart - Football Genius'

What sounded like 'We're Just A Green Partick Thistle'

'One Shot - We Only Want One Shot'

Once that had that been achieved:

'Two Shots - We Only Want Two Shots'

and the shouts of 'shoot!' whenever Mark Brown or his defenders got the ball.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Walkabout near the central travelodge was fun, I think! £3.60 for a pint and a nip, god bless the boomerang card!

Speedway
27-07-2011, 11:02 AM
For me, last night showed that we are in far greater need of a midfielder than we are a right back.

smurf
27-07-2011, 11:10 AM
For me, last night showed that we are in far greater need of a midfielder than we are a right back.

Creativity from midfield?

Speedway
27-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Yes please.

smurf
27-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes please.

If we got a bit of that alongside Palsson and Thornhill i reckon we'd have a pretty decent midfield...

bingo70
27-07-2011, 11:20 AM
If we got a bit of that alongside Palsson and Thornhill i reckon we'd have a pretty decent midfield...

I think so too, my only concern with that would be that it would likely mean one main striker playing up front on his own with two wingers and i don't think that formation suits the players we've got.

greenlex
27-07-2011, 11:26 AM
For me, last night showed that we are in far greater need of a midfielder than we are a right back. Towell can do both.

Speedway
27-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Towell can do both.

But not both particularly well.

The_Horde
27-07-2011, 01:37 PM

:agree:

We need somebody like (dare i say it) Kevin Thomson or even Boozy who will just sit deep, spray the ball around and break up play. Palsson sits and breaks up play well in there but his ability on the ball is limited IMO.

Ed De Gramo
27-07-2011, 01:48 PM
For me, this game could have been played behind closed doors.

I felt bad for Crawford having to play up front by himself.

Good day out in Blackpool though....looking very much like a lobster, scorched scalp and everything. :rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
27-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Tell us honestly how much Martin had. He told me he would be taking it easy :fibber:

He did retire at about 2am I think, though nobody was in a position to have a clue how much we'd had to drink! Got back to our hotel just before 5am, starting to feel it now!

Removed
27-07-2011, 05:51 PM
He did retire at about 2am I think, though nobody was in a position to have a clue how much we'd had to drink! Got back to our hotel just before 5am, starting to feel it now! :drunk: :greengrinI'll get his excuses the morn.

Dav1986
27-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Walkabout near the central travelodge was fun, I think! £3.60 for a pint and a nip, god bless the boomerang card!

Walkabout was a good laugh, think we got a couple hibs related txts on tje screen aswell as seeing some others, didnt get back to the hotel till half 6

Great trip despite the game though

Bishop Hibee
27-07-2011, 11:10 PM
He did retire at about 2am I think, though nobody was in a position to have a clue how much we'd had to drink! Got back to our hotel just before 5am, starting to feel it now!

Just in the door in sunny Leith. Great trip, ignoring the game (and train delays) obviously! George texted to say he got back to his hotel about 4.30am! We should have been charging an entry fee for use of our 24 hour bar :wink:

LancashireHibby
28-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Just in the door in sunny Leith. Great trip, ignoring the game (and train delays) obviously! George texted to say he got back to his hotel about 4.30am! We should have been charging an entry fee for use of our 24 hour bar :wink:

I just feel sorry for the lad on the bar who must have been bored out of his nut when we sneaked out!

sahib
28-07-2011, 03:07 PM
;2871054']:agree:

We need somebody like (dare i say it) Kevin Thomson or even Boozy who will just sit deep, spray the ball around and break up play. Palsson sits and breaks up play well in there but his ability on the ball is limited IMO.

Don't say that! I thought he was the great white hope.
What's wrong with Boozy has he not recovered enough to play yet?