PDA

View Full Version : NHC Attendances.....

down-the-slope
26-07-2011, 09:39 PM
28,828 at Ibrox for their Champs league qualifier...% of capacity wise about the same as us on Sunday......Tough financial times & the very early (during holidays) start having a big effect.....

Bad Martini
26-07-2011, 09:39 PM
28,828 at Ibrox for their Champs league qualifier...% of capacity wise about the same as us on Sunday......Tough financial times & the very early (during holidays) start having a big effect.....

Or, somebody nicked a whole load of giros today? :greengrin

Mikey
26-07-2011, 09:41 PM

Just think how big our financial advantage over the non OF clubs would be if we could get back to crowds of around 14,000.

down-the-slope
26-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Just think how big our financial advantage over the non OF clubs would be if we could get back to crowds of around 14,000.

:agree:...you trying to turn this thread into another 20 pager :wink:

Will be interesting to see after August how attendances settle down....I wonder if a like for like 2010/2011 v 2011/2012 attendance thread 'sticky' would be interesting to see where this goes...given the limited other income steams, out gate money will directly affect how we develop this season...

Good cup run would help as we had good boosts from previous seasons, and last year was hopless

Woody1985
26-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Just think how big our financial advantage over the non OF clubs would be if we could get back to crowds of around 14,000. That's a poor arguement. We weren't streets ahead of them when we were.If our attendances magically jumped up to that then I assume you're basing this on other clubs increasing their attendances to their highest in decades aswell?

joebakerforever
27-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Personally, although I will use my ST to attend as many games as possible, I have never enjoyed watching footy during the summer period, which I consider to be the time to relax, enjoy other summer pursuits and take a reasonable break from football.

Is it any surprise that when football clashes with family summer holidays, that the latter will take priority.

Some may also consider that being unable to attend a couple of home games because of holiday commitments, negates that financial saving of purchasing a ST as opposed to paying at the gate.

Be interesting to see what total attendances in the SPL, on a week for week basis will be for this season at the end.

Sir David Gray
27-07-2011, 12:40 AM
The attendances at SPL games last weekend are revelant to the whole summer football debate, however the attendance at tonight's match at Ibrox is not.

The 3rd qualifying round of the Champions League is always played during the same two weeks in the year every season. Last season Celtic played Braga at the same stage and in the second leg at Parkhead, which was played on Wednesday 4th August, the crowd was over 53,500 which meant that Parkhead was almost 90% full that night.

Tannadice was nearly 80% full last Thursday against Slask Wroclaw. How does that fit in with the argument?

Mikey
27-07-2011, 06:55 AM
That's a poor arguement. We weren't streets ahead of them when we were.If our attendances magically jumped up to that then I assume you're basing this on other clubs increasing their attendances to their highest in decades aswell?

Erm... presumably we would only get the advantage if the other clubs didn't buck the trend and theirs stay low.

Part/Time Supporter
27-07-2011, 07:20 AM
The attendances at SPL games last weekend are revelant to the whole summer football debate, however the attendance at tonight's match at Ibrox is not.

The 3rd qualifying round of the Champions League is always played during the same two weeks in the year every season. Last season Celtic played Braga at the same stage and in the second leg at Parkhead, which was played on Wednesday 4th August, the crowd was over 53,500 which meant that Parkhead was almost 90% full that night.

Tannadice was nearly 80% full last Thursday against Slask Wroclaw. How does that fit in with the argument?

With a few thousand Poles there.

down-the-slope
27-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Personally, although I will use my ST to attend as many games as possible, I have never enjoyed watching footy during the summer period, which I consider to be the time to relax, enjoy other summer pursuits and take a reasonable break from football.

Is it any surprise that when football clashes with family summer holidays, that the latter will take priority.

Some may also consider that being unable to attend a couple of home games because of holiday commitments, negates that financial saving of purchasing a ST as opposed to paying at the gate.

Be interesting to see what total attendances in the SPL, on a week for week basis will be for this season at the end.

:agree: I think that is a very good point which would be interesting to get a response from the Club & SPL about.

Further if you have not got an ST you go to less games, week by week financial choices to be made...and the habit gets broken

(I do have my ST as financially its not an issue for me - but the TV dominated KO times are the biggest reason for me not going to a number of games...no other product can I think of that you pay up front for and then when you receive that product can be changed with little notice and you have no recourse to a refund......)

Woody1985
27-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Erm... presumably we would only get the advantage if the other clubs didn't buck the trend and theirs stay low.

I appreciate that but you would be as well plucking any figure out the air at that point. You'd be aswell saying just think how far ahead we'd be if we fillled the stadium every week.

There's been lots of reasons given by people recently on why they don't attend. Even if we had a team that were performing to the standard of the Mowbray team we'd still struggle to get to 14,000 again.

It may have been a bit of a hypothetical fun to suggest it would be good if that happened but it feels like it ties into your other post recently which is why I suggested it was a pretty poor arguement.

Personally I had hoped, and supported, the board putting the infrastructure in place to give us a great platform to work on going forward but with general low crowds and economic situation it might not pan out for us as I'd hoped.