PDA

View Full Version : Agogo signs for Hibs (1 Year Deal Confirmed, Pending International Clearance)

RoxburghHibs
26-07-2011, 07:48 PM
As it says in the heading!

He's officially signed...so now for a right back :flag:

hibee92
26-07-2011, 07:52 PM
good stuff! :agree:

R'Albin
26-07-2011, 07:53 PM
:flag::flag::flag: Finally!

Last Minute
As it says in the heading!

He's officially signed...so now for a right back :flag:

where did you get that from? can't find it anywhere

Zazu62
Is he injured?

aberhibsfc
Don't see it on the website yet?

Aldo
26-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Good news

So hes not injured then. :confused:

RoxburghHibs
26-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Don't see it on the website yet?

Give it 10 mins....

greenlex
26-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Good news

So hes not injured then. :confused:
Its a leg injury not his writing hand. :greengrin

R'Albin
26-07-2011, 07:56 PM

:greengrin

Aldo
26-07-2011, 07:57 PM

Very good. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
26-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Take it we'll be playing this then every time he scores a goal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIgZ7gMze7A&ob=av3e

HNA10
26-07-2011, 08:03 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110726/striker-joins-hibernian_2262950_2402420

1yr deal.

greenlex
26-07-2011, 08:03 PM

Hibbyandy will love that. :agree:

Jonnyboy
26-07-2011, 08:04 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110726/striker-joins-hibernian_2262950_2402420

1yr deal.

From the article ...... on a one-year contract, pending international clearance.

Jeezo, still???

hibee92
26-07-2011, 08:05 PM

only one year, how they've worked out for us in the past :rolleyes: if CC knows him well enough is one more year on his contract so risky?

still, good signing hope he can bang in some goals :thumbsup:

Sean1875
26-07-2011, 08:05 PM
From the article ...... on a one-year contract, pending international clearance.

Jeezo, still???
if thats what we've been waiting for for so long how come it's taken so long to officially announce if we still dont have it? :confused:

Gatecrasher
26-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Welcome to The Hibs :thumbsup:

hibee92
26-07-2011, 08:07 PM
international clearance must have been granted and just waiting on confirmation or some p1sh like that :greengrin

SteveHFC
26-07-2011, 08:08 PM
:thumbsup: Welcome

Westie1875
26-07-2011, 08:09 PM

only one year, how they've worked out for us in the past :rolleyes: if CC knows him well enough is one more year on his contract so risky?

still, good signing hope he can bang in some goals :thumbsup:

I'm not a fan of the one year contracts either tbh but I'm just glad we've finally signed a striker, international clearance better be through by the weekend.

Now we need another striker and a right back.

SteveHFC
26-07-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm not a fan of the one year contracts either tbh but I'm just glad we've finally signed a striker, international clearance better be through by the weekend.

Now we need another striker and a right back.

:agree:

BEEJ
26-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Good news at last. :thumbsup:

I hope clearance comes through soon and that rumours of his injury are unfounded.

:flag:

HibbyAndy
26-07-2011, 08:18 PM

:hilarious

Nae danger :greengrin

Saorsa
26-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Hibbyandy will love that. :agree::hilarious

iwasthere1972
26-07-2011, 08:25 PM

:greengrin He's traded in his Wham CD's to make way for his Take That and Pet Shop Boys collection.

machibby
26-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Enjoy yer bag of sweeties Junior and welcome

down-the-slope
26-07-2011, 08:59 PM
right so is this the new policy...announce a signing every match we go behind in.....:rolleyes:

I wonder who will be announced when ICT score :wink:

Just kidding :greengrin welcome aboard Junior :not worth

hibbymac
26-07-2011, 09:24 PM

or maybe ...... this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZqUNEHYZgQ) , .... then again, maybe naw :singing:

iwasthere1972
26-07-2011, 09:28 PM
or maybe ...... this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZqUNEHYZgQ) , .... then again, maybe naw :singing:

Or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA7e8unbxpQ&feature=related

Craig_in_Prague
26-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Happy we appear to have another striker on board, but is that not all 3 of them out of contract end of the season?

Anyway, welcome aboard and if he can play, then score a couple on Sat and we win.......instant legend.

basehibby
26-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Great news and not before time - if we'd been bumped again for another signing I think I might have topped myself. From Agogo's record and the fact that Calderwood knows him from Forest, I'm confident he will be a good signing.

If similar quality signings are made to address other weak areas of the side I'll start to feel a lot more confident about the season.

Welcome to the Hibees Junior :thumbsup:

fat freddy
26-07-2011, 09:38 PM
http://youtu.be/jVrJ44zGREQ this

CRAZYHIBBY
26-07-2011, 10:38 PM
why only a 1 year deal?? That means if he is any good he could be free to talk to other clubs in 6 months time

Speedway
26-07-2011, 10:43 PM
why only a 1 year deal?? That means if he is any good he could be free to talk to other clubs in 6 months time

The ones we had to fight off to secure his signature this time, you mean?

MrSmith
27-07-2011, 12:30 AM
This signing does not inspire me at all! Another wanna be quick fix. Maybe negative but another knee-jerk signing by the board who just don't get it!:confused:

aberhibsfc
27-07-2011, 12:39 AM

I don't understand either, the squad is a bit bare and we only seem to be committing to short deals. What's going on?

I'm happy to secure another striker but I am worried unless we secure another full back and someone with some creativity midfield that we are going into the season a bit short handed. I'm not trying to be a doom and gloomer but I don't feel I'm being thrown an enticing bone here.

Are we being primed for a sale or something?

NOLA
27-07-2011, 12:41 AM
heres hoping he does better than the last Ghanian to play football in edinburgh :greengrin

Sir David Gray
27-07-2011, 12:47 AM
I'll reserve judgement on the quality of this signing as I've barely heard of Junior Agogo before, let alone seen him play. He deserves his chance to show what he can do.

However, I'm sure I read a week or so ago on here, on several occasions, that short term deals, such as the one given to Agogo today, were part of the "unworkable legacy saddled upon the club" by John Hughes, referred to by Rod Petrie during his statement on the club's website a few weeks ago. :confused:

That's now four players that Calderwood has brought in this summer and two of them are out of contract at the end of the season. In fact, we only have three senior strikers at the club at the moment and all of them are free to talk to other clubs in just over five months' time!

aberhibsfc
27-07-2011, 12:56 AM
heres hoping he does better than the last Ghanian to play football in edinburgh :greengrin

Dickoh?

TrickyNicky
27-07-2011, 01:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsAEFU3LMIU&feature=related

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsAEFU3LMIU&feature=related)He comes highly rated from the people that post on youtube.

scoopyboy
27-07-2011, 05:46 AM
I'll reserve judgement on the quality of this signing as I've barely heard of Junior Agogo before, let alone seen him play. He deserves his chance to show what he can do.

However, I'm sure I read a week or so ago on here, on several occasions, that short term deals, such as the one given to Agogo today, were part of the "unworkable legacy saddled upon the club" by John Hughes, referred to by Rod Petrie during his statement on the club's website a few weeks ago. :confused:

That's now four players that Calderwood has brought in this summer and two of them are out of contract at the end of the season. In fact, we only have three senior strikers at the club at the moment and all of them are free to talk to other clubs in just over five months' time!

Not at all FH.

The unworkable legacy was two year deals given to EDG and Hart, our two highest earners who have contributed SFA to our club.

Oh how Rodders wishes they were one year deals.

How long a contract would you give a guy that is 32 next week? I don't really envisage a huge q wanting to talk to any of our 3 strikers in five months time.

scoopyboy
27-07-2011, 05:46 AM

Not at all FH.

The unworkable legacy was two year deals given to EDG and Hart, our two highest earners who have contributed SFA to our club.

How long a contract would you give a guy that is 32 next week? I don't really envisage a huge q wanting to talk to any of our 3 strikers in five months time.

marinello59
27-07-2011, 06:10 AM
This signing does not inspire me at all! Another wanna be quick fix. Maybe negative but another knee-jerk signing by the board who just don't get it!:confused:

I was going to jokingly dismiss this last night as a panic buy but I was afraid people would think I was serious. Your post is better though. A board signing? Not the board backing the manager's judgement? Knee jerk signing? Are all the signings we make in the next few weeks going to be dismissed in that manner? You may have seen this guy play quite a bit and have justifiable reasons for saying that he doesn't inspire you but surely you can see he is a Calderwood signing?

greenlex
27-07-2011, 06:12 AM
This signing does not inspire me at all! Another wanna be quick fix. Maybe negative but another knee-jerk signing by the board who just don't get it!:confused: :hilarious

Hibbyradge
27-07-2011, 06:16 AM

The Board knows Agogo from their time at Nottingham Forest.

The Falcon
27-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Not at all FH.

The Falcon
27-07-2011, 06:22 AM

:tee hee:

Andy74
27-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Not at all FH.

Hart and EDG are still here.

Rod said the unworkable legacy had been stripped away.

greenlex
27-07-2011, 06:30 AM
Hart and EDG are still here. Rod said the unworkable legacy had been stripped away. Must have been the others that are away then or maybe his bullying culture?

Andy74
27-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Must have been the others that are away then or maybe his bullying culture?

Maybe. Either that or Rods statement doesn't really stand up to much scrutiny.

bingo70
27-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Thought rods statement related to having a squad if about 34 players, and not very good ones at that! One year deals for 32 year olds make perfect sense to me

marinello59
27-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Anyway..............:greengrin

Good news. Hope he does the business for us.:thumbsup:

PaulSmith
27-07-2011, 06:48 AM
Quite pleased about this and looking forward to seeing how he does.

basehibby
27-07-2011, 06:49 AM

:confused: What a load of gash to spout! He's been at the club on trial for over a week and is clearly a Calderwood signing having played under him previously at Forest.

If you don't find the signing inspirational that's fine although I find myself wondering what you're looking for if an international with 12 goals in 27 caps (significantly more than either O'Connor or Sheridan for example) doesn't meet your standards. However the comments highlighted are ill founded and gratuitously negative IMO.

LancsHibs
27-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Much needed:agree: Now for the RB and to sort out that midfield:aok:

Barney McGrew
27-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Quite pleased about this

:shocked:

Are you feeling OK? :greengrin

Joy Zipper
27-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Taken from Wikipedia. Quite funny really. :-

Agogo signed a one year contract with Scottish Premier League club Hibernian, who are managed by his former Nottingham Forest manager, Colin Calderwood, in July 2011 its not yet clear whether Agogo will obtain the relevant paperwork to play however Colin Calderwood is clutching at straws having missed out on several signings being outbid by smaller clubs while he was far more concerned with whether he would like to go to Birmingham or Nottingham and Hibs Chairman Rod Petrie is unwilling to buy a round at the bar let alone spend decent money on a decent player.

All the Hibs fans are fed up with his penny pinching and would rather that he move on and make way for someone with Fresh Ideas that do not consist of running the once proud Easter Road club into the Scottish First Division with his scrooge like ways.

Lucius Apuleius
27-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Taken from Wikipedia. Quite funny really. :-

Agogo signed a one year contract with Scottish Premier League club Hibernian, who are managed by his former Nottingham Forest manager, Colin Calderwood, in July 2011 its not yet clear whether Agogo will obtain the relevant paperwork to play however Colin Calderwood is clutching at straws having missed out on several signings being outbid by smaller clubs while he was far more concerned with whether he would like to go to Birmingham or Nottingham and Hibs Chairman Rod Petrie is unwilling to buy a round at the bar let alone spend decent money on a decent player.

All the Hibs fans are fed up with his penny pinching and would rather that he move on and make way for someone with Fresh Ideas that do not consist of running the once proud Easter Road club into the Scottish First Division with his scrooge like ways.

Oh ma sides are splitting. Not quite true though is it?

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Much needed:agree: Now for the RB and to sort out that midfield:aok:

That young lad Hart looked decent last night. :wink:

bingo70
27-07-2011, 08:07 AM
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-16433666-footballer-tried-to-rape-girl-in-hotel-bathroom.do

went to have a wee glance at kickback to see what was happening with our neighbours and see they were getting on their highhorse about this incident, cheeky *******s considering the values their club stands for with the appointment of Rix and reluctant dismissal of Thomson (has he even gone yet? last i heard was a strangely worded statment saying he would be leaving soon)

Keith_M
27-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Maybe. Either that or Rods statement doesn't really stand up to much scrutiny.

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Was told at the match last night by 2 players the Agogo has an injury that will kepp him out for 6 weeks.....

Speedway
27-07-2011, 09:39 AM

That young lad Hart looked decent last night. :wink:

Saorsa
27-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Was told at the match last night by 2 players the Agogo has an injury that will kepp him out for 6 weeks.....Just what we need. :no way: At least that'll give them time tae sort out the paper work :rolleyes:

Speedway
27-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Just what we need. :no way: At least that'll give them time tae sort out the paper work :rolleyes:

With Sodje and Agogo, no one can accuse us on not having goals on the treatment table.

bighairyfaeleith
27-07-2011, 09:57 AM
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-16433666-footballer-tried-to-rape-girl-in-hotel-bathroom.do

went to have a wee glance at kickback to see what was happening with our neighbours and see they were getting on their highhorse about this incident, cheeky *******s considering the values their club stands for with the appointment of Rix and reluctant dismissal of Thomson (has he even gone yet? last i heard was a strangely worded statment saying he would be leaving soon)

aye he was found innocent

FromTheCapital
27-07-2011, 10:00 AM

We could sing..."Wake me up before Agogo!" :greengrin

Westie1875
27-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Was told at the match last night by 2 players the Agogo has an injury that will kepp him out for 6 weeks..... If true there better be another striker signed before the weekend, one that is actually fit and able to play.

HH81
27-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Just what we need. :no way: At least that'll give them time tae sort out the paper work :rolleyes:
Jamie we were saying last night how long you would have lasted in ground, we went for before half time :) Looking at last night we need pace through the team. Hopefully agogo is quick.

Golden Bear
27-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Was told at the match last night by 2 players the Agogo has an injury that will kepp him out for 6 weeks.....

Jeez - nothing ever seems straightforward with us. We'll get him fit then there will no doubt still be problems with the paperwork ------- only at Hibs.

Never mind everything should be ok for the New Year Derby

:rolleyes:

Saorsa
27-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Jamie we were saying last night how long you would have lasted in ground, we went for before half time :) Looking at last night we need pace through the team. Hopefully agogo is quick.Trying tae say I would have left early like :wink: :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
27-07-2011, 10:52 AM
CC in eve news:
"He's in good physical condition but has tweaked a small muscle in his thigh but he is doing his rehab. His CV is really good, I will wait for him. He will be good."

HH81
27-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Trying tae say I would have left early like :wink: :greengrin

Even gramo went to pub just after half time. Good day out though but Blackpool is honking place.

Saorsa
27-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Even gramo went to pub just after half time. Good day out though but Blackpool is honking place.Wisnae bad the last time I was there, but then that was when I was aboot 23,

or maybe it just looked better if you were always pished :greengrin

JimBHibees
27-07-2011, 11:37 AM
CC in eve news:
"He's in good physical condition but has tweaked a small muscle in his thigh but he is doing his rehab. His CV is really good, I will wait for him. He will be good."

On that basis doesnt sound like 6 weeks out, possibly 2 or 3.

Mikeystewart
27-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Decent signing if it all comes through okay, from his stats he appears to be a 12 goal a season striker, 1 every 3 games, similar to Nish but hopefully more physical and direct.

The_Sauz
27-07-2011, 12:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMzhjAGW7dg&feature=related

Mikeystewart
27-07-2011, 12:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMzhjAGW7dg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEOCi4mUkQQ :flag: :top marks

Hibiza
27-07-2011, 12:20 PM
About time agogo became a comeago. Wheres ritchie towell, a must , get Hart oot to stenhousemuir or heats.

Hibiza
27-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Excuse the missed letter , replace it by REMOVED.

basehibby
27-07-2011, 01:37 PM

Ha! You'd think that followers of Kiddie Fiddlers of Midlothian FC would keep their heads down rather than chucking stones from the condemned house of glass in which they reside.

While Calderwood has been discussing bags of sweeties with Agogo, that lot will have been too busy offering them to passing groups of small children to notice.

Speedway
27-07-2011, 01:56 PM
You'll notice that Agogo didn't mention how the training centre was the only reason he signed.

Immediately club fine from Rod for that oversight.

silverhibee
27-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Ha! You'd think that followers of Kiddie Fiddlers of Midlothian FC would keep their heads down rather than chucking stones from the condemned house of glass in which they reside.

While Calderwood has been discussing bags of sweeties with Agogo, that lot will have been too busy offering them to passing groups of small children to notice.

:tee hee:

Billy
27-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Manager talks about Agogo signing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ27CsgIjZs

Captain Trips
27-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Great we have another striker in as it is well needed, dissapointed that in 12mths time we may be in a position of having to bring in a whole new forward line due to contracts running out. Out of the 3 I think Sodje is most likely to be staying just my opinion.

marinello59
27-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Great we have another striker in as it is well needed, dissapointed that in 12mths time we may be in a position of having to bring in a whole new forward line due to contracts running out. Out of the 3 I think Sodje is most likely to be staying just my opinion.

Your cup runneth over doesn't it . :greengrin
So you must think O'Connor and Agogo are going to be in demand which would only happen if they had a good season. Sounds like good news to me.:thumbsup:

scoopyboy
27-07-2011, 05:28 PM

If the three were to walk then we would have their wages plus the wages of Hart and EDG. That would enable us to replace with better IMO.

IMO GOC is the most likely to stay. The other pair will be 32 and might not get much better than us.

carnoustiehibee
27-07-2011, 09:46 PM
A txt from a Bristol mate

Word on the "pavey" is Agogo will do really well in Scotland. Quite fast and very direct. Forrest fan reckons he went off the boil when CC left.

Jonnyboy
27-07-2011, 09:49 PM
A txt from a Bristol mate

Word on the "pavey" is Agogo will do really well in Scotland. Quite fast and very direct. Forrest fan reckons he went off the boiled sweets when CC left.

Fixed that for you :greengrin

carnoustiehibee
27-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Fixed that for you :greengrin

Feeew!!! Cheers for that, I woulda been accused of being a Jambo otherwise

Sodje_18
28-07-2011, 02:42 PM
aye he was found innocent
Aye but yams are hardly reasonable. The ****bos will still sing their songs etc. completely forgetting they have a history of sex offenders.

:top marks:faf:

Billy
28-07-2011, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/WqUTb-GGQFs

jonty
28-07-2011, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/WqUTb-GGQFs
tell him to stop bloody chewing gum :greengrin

R'Albin
29-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Does anyone know how long he's out for?

JimBHibees
29-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Does anyone know how long he's out for?

CC mentioned they are trying to get him back for Killie game though seemed to suggest it may be touch and go.

R'Albin
29-07-2011, 09:27 AM
CC mentioned they are trying to get him back for Killie game though seemed to suggest it may be touch and go.

That's good:aok: thought it was going to be longer than that.

AndersonGGTTH
29-07-2011, 12:03 PM
I am excited to see him play tbh GGTTH

Sir David Gray
29-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Not at all FH.

Not at all FH.

OK, OK, I get the point! :greengrin

I wasn't criticising the fact that we haven't given Agogo a longer deal but I was just trying to get across that quite a few people were saying only a couple of weeks ago that Petrie was quite right to criticise John Hughes for allowing a situation to develop whereby a vast number of our squad would be out of contract at the same time and for handing out short term deals to the likes of Trakys, Duffy, Dickoh and Grounds.

Now we have Calderwood doing something very similar with O'Connor and Agogo who will both be out of contract at the end of this season along with Stack, Hart, de Graaf, Murray, Palsson, Stevenson and Sodje.

Dashing Bob S
29-07-2011, 04:13 PM
OK, OK, I get the point! :greengrin

I wasn't criticising the fact that we haven't given Agogo a longer deal but I was just trying to get across that quite a few people were saying only a couple of weeks ago that Petrie was quite right to criticise John Hughes for allowing a situation to develop whereby a vast number of our squad would be out of contract at the same time and for handing out short term deals to the likes of Trakys, Duffy, Dickoh and Grounds.

Now we have Calderwood doing something very similar with O'Connor and Agogo who will both be out of contract at the end of this season along with Stack, Hart, de Graaf, Murray, Palsson, Stevenson and Sodje.

To my mind it would be a severe body blow to club if Stevenson was to leave.

League Cup final, anyone?

Stick him in a team of Barca class players and he'd thrive.