PDA

View Full Version : Facts!

sunshine1875
26-07-2011, 04:23 PM
We all have opinions! Did we play well or not? Are there grounds for optimism or not? Is this a blip or are we in a downward spiral? If we had scored first, we could have won that game? Yes, Livi could have been four up in the first half, but we were unlucky not to equalise in the second half? It is only our second pre-season friendly, FFS, things will get better! It is the fans fault for not investing? FFS, we have only played one game against Celtic at home! Give youth a bit more time, he needs more game time! We still have five weeks before the 'window' closes, just watch us when we get some signings in! All opinions and crystal-ball forecasting, but what really matter is the final result.

So what are the facts (SPL games only):

In the last seven games, we have had six losses and one draw. These included six games against last season other bottom five teams, which included home defeats against Hamilton, St. Johnstone and Aberdeen. Our only point was a home game against St. Mirren. Four goals scored versus thirteen conceeded.
In the last twenty-six games, we have had six wins, five draws and fifteen losses. We had a nine game run during this spell when we had six wins, two draws and only one defeat away to Celtic.
In the last thirty-eight games, we have had nine wins, seven draws and twenty-two losses.
In the last forty-six games, we have had eleven wins, seven draws and twenty-eight losses.
In the last fifty-four games, we have had thirteen wins, nine draws and thirty-two losses.
During that fifty-four game run, we had twenty-seven games at home winning only six, including three games against Killie and one win each against Inverness, St. Mirren and Motherwell. We lost thirteen of the twenty-seven home games.
These FACTS! are made more impressive by the nine-game run when we won six games!!! Five in a row!!!

Given these FACTS!, I am really struggling to understand why our Board and Management don't appear to be doing anything to correct this "downward spiral"!

I am also really struggling to understand why some posters on here seem convinced that everything will be Ok, don't panic, we will turn it all round, most other teams are as poor etc etc. I have been following Hibs for a long, long time and I am struggling to remember when we had such a poor run apart from the "Duffy" 97/98 season in recent memory (six wins in thirty-six games).

Franck is God
26-07-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm not a happy clapper or a doom and gloom merchant either, I have my optimistic days and pessimistic days following Hibs and I too have been a fan for a long time.

I'm not too upset with how things are going because I see more reasons to look up not down. In Wotherspoon, Galbraith, Hanlon, Stephens, Booth, Taggart, Welsh, Horner, Palsson & Crawford I see players that will do an excellent job for us this season despite tender years and when you add the games experience of O'Hanlon, Murray, Stevenson, Thornhill, De Graaf, Sproule, Sodje, O'Connor and hopefully Agogo we have a good mix of talent & experience that will win more games than we lose this season.

Our season is never defined by how we do against either side of the OF and and good result against them is a bonus, losing out on the signing of Sheridan, not being able to get the paperwork sorted for Agogo & the injury to Sodje left us short up front. A keepers error and and a goal scored a couple of minutes after our new centre half had to leave the field injured played a major part in the two goals conceded. These are not excuses just a couple of major factors that contributed to our opening day loss

R'Albin
26-07-2011, 04:59 PM
We all have opinions! Did we play well or not? Are there grounds for optimism or not? Is this a blip or are we in a downward spiral? If we had scored first, we could have won that game? Yes, Livi could have been four up in the first half, but we were unlucky not to equalise in the second half? It is only our second pre-season friendly, FFS, things will get better! It is the fans fault for not investing? FFS, we have only played one game against Celtic at home! Give youth a bit more time, he needs more game time! We still have five weeks before the 'window' closes, just watch us when we get some signings in! All opinions and crystal-ball forecasting, but what really matter is the final result.

So what are the facts (SPL games only):

In the last seven games, we have had six losses and one draw. These included six games against last season other bottom five teams, which included home defeats against Hamilton, St. Johnstone and Aberdeen. Our only point was a home game against St. Mirren. Four goals scored versus thirteen conceeded.
In the last twenty-six games, we have had six wins, five draws and fifteen losses. We had a nine game run during this spell when we had six wins, two draws and only one defeat away to Celtic.
In the last thirty-eight games, we have had nine wins, seven draws and twenty-two losses.
In the last forty-six games, we have had eleven wins, seven draws and twenty-eight losses.
In the last fifty-four games, we have had thirteen wins, nine draws and thirty-two losses.
During that fifty-four game run, we had twenty-seven games at home winning only six, including three games against Killie and one win each against Inverness, St. Mirren and Motherwell. We lost thirteen of the twenty-seven home games.
These FACTS! are made more impressive by the nine-game run when we won six games!!! Five in a row!!!

Given these FACTS!, I am really struggling to understand why our Board and Management don't appear to be doing anything to correct this "downward spiral"!

I am also really struggling to understand why some posters on here seem convinced that everything will be Ok, don't panic, we will turn it all round, most other teams are as poor etc etc. I have been following Hibs for a long, long time and I am struggling to remember when we had such a poor run apart from the "Duffy" 97/98 season in recent memory (six wins in thirty-six games).

Wow never realised just how bad we've been in the last 18-24 months that is horrendous.

I have a feeling if we make the required signings we will do well though, our squad is a good blend of youth and experience and although it might not be the best squad we've had recently, I think we have a better blend this year. Other years there is normally something missing- like last we badly lacked pace, in previous years we have lacked strength, but this year I think we have most areas covered (bar a rb and a striker)

Also our defence looks a lot stronger this year, a fit Stack and O'hanlon are a big influence to the team:agree:

Anyway...Onwards and upwards:flag:

Arch Stanton
26-07-2011, 05:49 PM

It certainly isn't a downward spiral - the run of wins happened in the middle of two runs of losses - I'd call that more of a roller-coaster, which rather makes the "onwards and upwards" comment pretty apropos.

I think the board have taken steps to correct the bad situation we were in last year, but unlike you and a few others, I did not expect the correction to be easy or smooth.

Defence was a big problem for us at the end of last season - throwing away leads like we did. During our winning run Scott and Palsson made up for this with some pretty fierce tackling which I imagine couldn't be maintained.

So, to me the squad is in not too bad a shape and will only improve with further additions - you may not agree but I can't see why you are struggling to understand this.

SanFranHibs
26-07-2011, 06:04 PM
It certainly isn't a downward spiral - the run of wins happened in the middle of two runs of losses - I'd call that more of a roller-coaster, which rather makes the "onwards and upwards" comment pretty apropos.

I think the board have taken steps to correct the bad situation we were in last year, but unlike you and a few others, I did not expect the correction to be easy or smooth.

Defence was a big problem for us at the end of last season - throwing away leads like we did. During our winning run Scott and Palsson made up for this with some pretty fierce tackling which I imagine couldn't be maintained.

So, to me the squad is in not too bad a shape and will only improve with further additions - you may not agree but I can't see why you are struggling to understand this.

Well, perhaps not your 'fierce tackling that could not be maintained'.

I think everyone understands that if we got 'further additions' to the squad it might improve but you are assuming that they would be an improvement. But some might question where the evidence is that we are even going to get the 3, 4 or 5 players that our squad apparently needs to become a 'decent' and competitive squad over the entire season.

I suspect there are not many good players sitting around unsigned waiting to be offered 1500-2000 a week.

And though this may sound like another negative posting I really don't mean it to be. I just don't THINK that we will be rushing out now to sign at least 3/4 players. I admit I am certainly a bit out of touch here regarding who is available that would qualify as improvements to our squad. Also who we could get at short notice.

I'm sure I shall be enlightened....:wink:

sunshine1875
26-07-2011, 06:15 PM

"It certainly isn't a downward spiral" - but since Feb 2010 the trend is downwards! Yes, we had a rise in performance during a nine game spell, but the trend is most definately downward from the relative high of Feb 2010. Four losses in twenty-two games, with twelve wins up to Feb 2010 to thirteen wins in fifty-four games with thirty-two losses since.

"I think the board have taken steps to correct the bad situation" - like what? Released around sixteen players and got in three - two of which were almost on bended knees to come back, no dig at either!

"Defence was a big problem for us at the end of last season" - and still is! I like Booth, Hanlon and O'Hanlon, but that is three-quarters of the defence and with no reliable back-up.

"So, to me the squad is in not too bad a shape and will only improve with further additions" - there is no guarantee that we will get any further additions and there is no guarantee that those which do come in will be any better than what we have already shipped out! I prefer to make my comments based on evidence, not gut-feel or blind belief!

Arch Stanton
26-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Well, perhaps not your 'fierce tackling that could not be maintained'.

I think everyone understands that if we got 'further additions' to the squad it might improve but you are assuming that they would be an improvement. But some might question where the evidence is that we are even going to get the 3, 4 or 5 players that our squad apparently needs to become a 'decent' and competitive squad over the entire season.

I suspect there are not many good players sitting around unsigned waiting to be offered 1500-2000 a week.

And though this may sound like another negative posting I really don't mean it to be. I just don't THINK that we will be rushing out now to sign at least 3/4 players. I admit I am certainly a bit out of touch here regarding who is available that would qualify as improvements to our squad. Also who we could get at short notice.

I'm sure I shall be enlightened....:wink:

I think that the winter transfer window was the best we have had for years so in that respect we are on an upward spiral.

Now, I know that many judge the current transfer window to be a wash out, but theragain, the first draft of the Mona Lisa was supposed to be rubbish as well - all plooks and freckles from what I understand. :greengrin

And if you really didn't understand the tackling bit then you maybe forgot that Scott had to be pulled because of his booking count - and also that Palsson was getting wound up by the opposition for being a dirty player, leaving his foot in and the like.

sunshine1875
26-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Now, I know that many judge the current transfer window to be a wash out, but theragain, the first draft of the Mona Lisa was supposed to be rubbish as well - all plooks and freckles from what I understand. :greengrin

However, she certainly ended up "no oil painting" either if you know what I mean :greengrin

sunshine1875
20-08-2011, 07:18 PM
The facts are there for all to see!

In the last fifty-seven SPL games, we have had fourteen wins, nine draws and thirty-four losses. That is we lose 60% of the SPL games that we have played.

When will this downward spiral end?

Woody1985
20-08-2011, 07:22 PM
What's the usual loss percentage of teams that are relegated?

Frazerbob
20-08-2011, 07:24 PM
I'd like to see how these figures compare with all other SPL teams, except the Infirm and those who have been out of the league for any of the period. As the club with the 4th highest wage bill, how do we compare to the likes of Motherwll, United, Killie etc who have far lower crowds, season ticket holders and don't have an all singing, all dancing training centre.

The Voice Of Reason
20-08-2011, 07:27 PM
It is a results based business. Our results have been nothing short of disgraceful for quite some time now.

This Calderwood clown has actually made us worse.

Hearts will comfortably beat us next week and their fans will love it as usual........the players and management can all GTF as far as I am concerned. Tossers. :grr:

SneakersO'Toole
20-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Petrie's record of appointing managers is diabolical. FACT.

Decisions from the people running this club have hindered its development. FACT.

Just wanted to add a couple more in there.

Sir David Gray
20-08-2011, 09:23 PM
What's the usual loss percentage of teams that are relegated?

98/99-Dunfermline (44%)
99/00-Aberdeen (58%)
00/01-St Mirren (63%)
01/02-St Johnstone (71%)
02/03-Motherwell (63%)
03/04-Partick Thistle (63%)
04/05-Dundee (55%)
05/06-Livingston (73%)
06/07-Dunfermline (58%)
07/08-Gretna (66%)
08/09-Inverness (55%)
09/10-Falkirk (50%)
10/11-Hamilton (58%)

Today was our 20th defeat in 34 league games since Calderwood took over in October '10.

Hibs under Calderwood-Lost 59% of SPL games.

It's almost certainly relegation form.

ArabHibee
20-08-2011, 09:31 PM
:hijack:
Falkirk Hibee - Clear your PM box out!!!!

PapillonVert
20-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Can anyone put up the stats for CC's managership record?

I am so losing patience with this guy....please prove me wrong..

Sir David Gray
20-08-2011, 09:41 PM
:hijack:
Falkirk Hibee - Clear your PM box out!!!!

Done! :greengrin

Hibby70
20-08-2011, 09:50 PM
:hijack:Falkirk Hibee - Clear your PM box out!!!! Calderwood - Clear out your locker

Sir David Gray
20-08-2011, 09:54 PM
can anyone put up the stats for cc's managership record?

p-36
w-9
d-6
l-21
f-34
a-57

greenlex
20-08-2011, 09:58 PM
It is a results based business. Our results have been nothing short of disgraceful for quite some time now. This Calderwood clown has actually made us worse. Hearts will comfortably beat us next week and their fans will love it as usual........the players and management can all GTF as far as I am concerned. Tossers. :grr: You mightvwant to look at changing your username. :greengrin

PC Stamp
20-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Can anyone put up the stats for CC's managership record?

Northampton P 154 W74 L40 D40 Win % - 48.05%
Notts Forest P 136 W57 L37 D42 Win % - 41.91%
Hibernian P 34 W9 L19 D6 Win % - 26.47%

Overall P324 W140 L96 D88 Win % - 43.21%

Source - Wikipedia

wah
20-08-2011, 10:00 PM

Source - Wikipedia

Source - sackthe****er

JustSimplyHibs
20-08-2011, 10:04 PM

Source - Wikipedia

So by going with the stats, Colin Calderwood will win 60 odd games, loose 20 and draw 30.....not enough to win the league but to push for 2nd :wink:

In other words he should stay - going by those stats :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
20-08-2011, 10:06 PM

Source - Wikipedia

So he's actually got worse with each club that he's taken on?

God help whoever decides to hire him next, they'll be relegated by September!