PDA

View Full Version : NHC Kenny Miller Transfer

essexhibee
26-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Just completed a move from Bursaspor to Cardiff City. Lasted long out there!! Will be interesting to see how he performs in the championship. Think he will struggle imo.

Bayern Bru
26-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Given the wages he was probably on a Bursaspor, I'm sure he won't really mind if he struggles or not in the C'ship!

iwasthere1972
26-07-2011, 01:53 PM
No reason why he shouldn't do well in the Championship.

Glad he didn't join up with Super Ally at the huns as he always scores against us. Mind you so does everybody else.

essexhibee
26-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Given the wages he was probably on a Bursaspor, I'm sure he won't really mind if he struggles or not in the C'ship! 50k a week wasn't it? Just think after looking at how much boyd flopped it wouldnt surprise me if he didn't do well.

Bayern Bru
26-07-2011, 01:57 PM
50k a week wasn't it? Just think after looking at how much boyd flopped it wouldnt surprise me if he didn't do well.

50k a week :agree:

Makes perfect sense. Sign on for gigantic wages regardless of whether you have plans to stay there or not, and then trot back to the UK, set for life. Although Miller might just have enough to make it in the C'ship. I always felt Boyd was overrated.

greenlex
26-07-2011, 02:05 PM
He did fine at Wolves and Derby last time. Why would he struggle this time round?

JimBHibees
26-07-2011, 02:28 PM
He did fine at Wolves and Derby last time. Why would he struggle this time round?

Thats what I was thinking. He has done it before and is probably better now than then, sure he will do fine at Cardiff.

Sean1875
26-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Thats what I was thinking. He has done it before and is probably better now than then, sure he will do fine at Cardiff.
:agree: Reckon hes pretty much found the right level there, can see him doing pretty well!

silverhibee
26-07-2011, 03:05 PM

He done good at Wolves but was woeful at Derby. He will be a good signing for Cardiff.

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Just completed a move from Bursaspor to Cardiff City. Lasted long out there!! Will be interesting to see how he performs in the championship. Think he will struggle imo.

Why? Because he used to play for Rangers.

Kenny Miller has plenty of ablity, has done it before and will no doubt do it again get over it!

Hibbyradge
26-07-2011, 04:15 PM
I hope he does well.

He's Scottish and he used to play for Hibs.

Why would anyone want him to fail?

offshorehibby
26-07-2011, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't call 50k a week for a year a failure, i wish i could get a couple of failures like that. He'll probably pocket a signing on fee for Cardiff as well. I think he'll do a decent job down there. Put it this way i wouldn't say no to him back in the Hibs team at the moment. A very consistant player over his career.

Aldo
26-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Dont think he will struggle. He is a better player IMHO and will give them a very good option. Got him at good price as well.
For Scotlands sake will better playing in the Championship than in a 3 team turkish league.

SanFranHibs
26-07-2011, 04:45 PM

Was he not Wolves first 20 goal score in a season since Derek Dougan? And that feat accomplished in not one of the best Wolves teams we have seen.

I know the Wolves fans really liked him and many said they would gladly take him back.

Good luck to him.

steakbake
26-07-2011, 04:52 PM
I hope he does well.

He's Scottish and he used to play for Hibs.

Why would anyone want him to fail?

There was a peculiar thread a few weeks ago about Miller coming back with his tail between his legs.

That, I thought, was a very Scottish mentality: "Aye here he comes, ideas above his station but he's failed and now he's back where he belongs - in the sh**e with the rest o us!"

I don't think that is the case at all. If the average guy in the street had half as much of an idea to do something that bit different and take a risk/throw the dice a la Kenny Miller, we'd be a different nation entirely. Football into politics/national psychology - I spend too much time on the Holy Ground threads.

col02
26-07-2011, 04:57 PM
There was a peculiar thread a few weeks ago about Miller coming back with his tail between his legs.

That, I thought, was a very Scottish mentality: "Aye here he comes, ideas above his station but he's failed and now he's back where he belongs - in the sh**e with the rest o us!"

I don't think that is the case at all. If the average guy in the street had half as much of an idea to do something that bit different and take a risk/throw the dice a la Kenny Miller, we'd be a different nation entirely. Football into politics/national psychology - I spend too much time on the Holy Ground threads.

We as a country as too happy talking people down when it is perceived they have failed by some rather than talking them up when they at least had the courage to try something different in the first place.

Miller imho has had a very good career both at club and international level and is a far better player than many give him credit for. Majority of the chances he has to score are made by his sheer hard work ethic. I hope he can carry on doing what he does for Scotland for another couple seasons.

steakbake
26-07-2011, 05:17 PM
We as a country as too happy talking people down when it is perceived they have failed by some rather than talking them up when they at least had the courage to try something different in the first place.

Miller imho has had a very good career both at club and international level and is a far better player than many give him credit for. Majority of the chances he has to score are made by his sheer hard work ethic. I hope he can carry on doing what he does for Scotland for another couple seasons.

Exactly. There seems to be an element in our midsts who get a kick out of someone else's failure rather than a kick out of watching someone give it a damn good go. Maybe it's a negative mindset of the average Hibbee? :devil::devil:

The number of laddies who have ignored offers to go overseas and instead traipsed the weary path through to Glasgow to warm the benches of the OF over the years is truly unbelievable.

Not saying that everything abroad is magical. Indeed, sometimes as much as we hate to admit it, one of the OF turns out to be a good move and sees the player develop - Whittaker for one, is someone I think deserves at least a bit of credit.

Alls I'm sayin' is we should have open minds and not be too harsh on those give something different a go.

greenlex
26-07-2011, 05:23 PM
exactly. There seems to be an element in our midsts who get a kick out of someone else's failure rather than a kick out of watching someone give it a damn good go. Maybe it's a negative mindset of the average hibbee? :devil::devil:

The number of laddies who have ignored offers to go overseas and instead traipsed the weary path through to glasgow to warm the benches of the of over the years is truly unbelievable.

Not saying that everything abroad is magical. Indeed, sometimes as much as we hate to admit it, one of the of turns out to be a good move and sees the player develop - whittaker for one, is someone i think deserves at least a bit of credit.

Alls i'm sayin' is we should have open minds and not be too harsh on those give something different a go.

burn the witch!!!!!!!