PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hogg – On trial

Jack
26-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Trialist Defender Hogg To Feature Tonight

Crewe have taken former Hibs central defender and captain Chris Hogg on trial after a recommendation by former Bradford manager Colin Todd.

The 26 year old has recently left Inverness after just a few months with the club, despite being offered a new contract Hogg sought an exit.

Having started his career at Ipswich, most of Hogg's career has been spent at SPL side Hibs, where he made over 150 appearances for the club. In his five years at the club he helped Hibs qualify for the Europa League before being named the club's Player of the Year in 2008. He went on to captain Hibs for 2008-2009.

Various shake ups in management in the past few years seemed to harm Hogg's stay and after being dropped from the side last season he left Hibs in January after being released.

Hogg is due to feature for the Alex in tonight's home friendly against the Derby County first team and with last week's trialists, Loick Pires, Jordan Rose, Tom Parkes and Mat Bailey, all sent on their way, Dario could well be expecting Hogg to do the business.

There's certainly plenty of pedigree in him and he's got experience on his side, something the likes of Rose and Parkes couldn't offer. Let's hope he does well, we could certainly do with sorting this new centre back out soon.

Read more[/URL (http://[URL]http://www.crewe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=248450#ixzz1TDJKgk3T)]

Good luck to him. :agree:

essexhibee
26-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Crewe is a right ****hole!! How his career has fallen.

Woody1985
26-07-2011, 01:42 PM

A career isn't defined by the location of the club. I hear Manchester is meant to be a bit of a dump, and Middlesborough etc but they're not necessarily crap places to play football.

I don't know how big or little Crewe are but I'm guessing it's not as small as ICT.

Cropley10
26-07-2011, 01:43 PM

Absolutely no need. A graceless classless post. A loyal servant and CIS Cup winner never mind former captain.

Hibee Daz
26-07-2011, 01:46 PM
He rightly should be on trial......... for being murder.

essexhibee
26-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Absolutely no need. A graceless classless post. A loyal servant and CIS Cup winner never mind former captain. I never said he wasn't. I commented on how his career had fallen which it has. Going from hibs to caley and then a League two outfit is a fall in a footballers career. I never once said he wasn't good to this club.

Bayern Bru
26-07-2011, 01:51 PM
He rightly should be on trial......... for being murder.

:aok: Impressive. Bet you're proud of that one.

essexhibee
26-07-2011, 01:53 PM
A career isn't defined by the location of the club. I hear Manchester is meant to be a bit of a dump, and Middlesborough etc but they're not necessarily crap places to play football.I don't know how big or little Crewe are but I'm guessing it's not as small as ICT. Never said it was. But yes crewe is a dump. And yes it is a crap place to play football in the fact its League Two. A step down I would say from our great club.

Hibee Daz
26-07-2011, 02:06 PM
:aok: Impressive. Bet you're proud of that one.

I'm entitled to my opinion as are you.
Hogg got his as coverd a lot by the better defenders in Mowbrays team i.e McCann(pre injury), Jones, Murphy and he had an awsome midfield in front of him too! Take all that away and he was found out IMO and all too often found wrong side of his man.

Hoggy always got my encouragment at ER but, he often left me with bald patches all over my heed.
Anyway I don't wish the boy any ill, I just think the guy is ***** at fitba! Get over it.

smurf
26-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Hoggy never gave any less than 100%.

Overall did very well in his time at the club. Good luck Hoggy.

Springbank
26-07-2011, 02:23 PM
:aok: Impressive. Bet you're proud of that one. ditto

Benny Brazil
26-07-2011, 02:29 PM
phew - for a moment I thought this was going to say he was on trial with us.
Former player and captain so good luck to him, may have given 100% and has a medal to show for his time here but not nearly good enough for Hibs.

Wilson
26-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Did well in partnership with jones. As part of the right pairing I still think he could do well. Not a stand out player in his own right though.
Hoggy never gave any less than 100%. Overall did very well in his time at the club. Good luck Hoggy.

Argylehibby
26-07-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm entitled to my opinion as are you.
Hogg got his as coverd a lot by the better defenders in Mowbrays team i.e McCann(pre injury), Jones, Murphy and he had an awsome midfield in front of him too! Take all that away and he was found out IMO and all too often found wrong side of his man.

Hoggy always got my encouragment at ER but, he often left me with bald patches all over my heed.
Anyway I don't wish the boy any ill, I just think the guy is ***** at fitba! Get over it.

Opinions eh, I always felt Hogg usually covered for Jones as he went on his mad chase following the ball when forwards played it back into midfield. All players play better when they have a better standard of team mate and Hogg was / is no different. Strange how, when the better collegues left, he carried the can for not carrying the poor replacements for them.

Judas Iscariot
26-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Probably found his level tbh

Baldy
26-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Opinions eh, I always felt Hogg usually covered for Jones as he went on his mad chase following the ball when forwards played it back into midfield. All players play better when they have a better standard of team mate and Hogg was / is no different. Strange how, when the better collegues left, he carried the can for not carrying the poor replacements for them.
:top marks

The Falcon
26-07-2011, 05:38 PM
I wish him nothing but good fortune and hope he has the best of luck wherever he may be.

Never hid, gave 100% and was always available to speak to the fans, even when they were giving him dogs abuse.

Cropley10
26-07-2011, 05:59 PM
I wish him nothing but good fortune and hope he has the best of luck wherever he may be.

Never hid, gave 100% and was always available to speak to the fans, even when they were giving him dogs abuse.

:agree: and to suggest he's 'fallen' since he left us is simply petty points scoring...

Removed
26-07-2011, 06:00 PM
How many of these 'good luck Hogg' threads do we actually need?

Cropley10
26-07-2011, 06:04 PM

:agree: they should simply link to all the previous ones. I still reserve my right to defend the Hoggster's reputation...

The Falcon
26-07-2011, 06:13 PM

Are we anywhere near the number of "Hogg is Pash" threads yet?

Removed
26-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Are we anywhere near the number of "Hogg is Pash" threads yet? Don't know, you tell me or did you just post that for an argument? Not seen anyone start one for yonks and if they did then admins could just merge them as well.

The Falcon
26-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Don't know, you tell me or did you just post that for an argument? Not seen anyone start one for yonks and if they did then admins could just merge them as well.

You wont have, no. :greengrin