PDA

View Full Version : RP and CC at East Mains (Exclusive)

IWasThere2016
26-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Picture the scene:

East Mains 25 July 2011 - CC enters RP's luxurious office. The office, affectionately named the Dragon's Den by RP, has posters of Rod's favourite pin-up - Deborah Meaden - covering all four walls. Ms Meaden is splendid in her pristine power suits.

CC: Mr Petrie, sir - can I have a word re my preferred options?

RP: Colin, neither Brum of Forest have met my demands as yet.

CC: Mr Petrie, I am talking about Cillian Sheridan err I mean some other striker who has been available since Christmas and nobody wants.

RP - Colin, Colin, Colin would you really want the club to spend money it does not have. We need to pay for the half-empty new stand.

CC - Ah, I see Mr Petrie. Thanks for your valuable time sir. Same time tomorrow?

RP doesn't look up from his newly pressed copy of the Financial Times, and CC exits.

East Mains 26 July -

CC enters the Dragon's Den once more. Deborah Meaden posters have been torn from the walls, as following last night's episode when she parted with some cash, RP is heart-broken. A Douglas Bannatyne 2009 calendar now has pride of place on the wall.

CC - Mr Petrie sir, may I have a word?

RP - No. That's my favourite word Colin (RP chuckles to himself sinisterly).

CC - Ha ha. That's a good one sir. I have find this exciting new Right Back Mr Petrie sir. Just what the team needs.

RP - Colin, Colin, Colin would you really want the club to spend money it does not have. We need to play for this expansive training centre.

There is a long pause, and CC contemplates his reply. Pensively, he enquires

CC - err., why doesn't the club have the money Mr Petrie sir?

RP - THE FANS, COLIN! HOW MANY TIMES?? THE BL**DY FANS!!!

ahibby
26-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Made me smile.:greengrin

jonty
26-07-2011, 11:02 AM
is that you Mikey?

greenlex
26-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Petrie needs to bump all the freeloading Hospitality parasites and start to get them to dig deep. All IMHO obviously.

RIP
26-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Picture the scene:

East Mains 25 July 2011 - CC enters RP's luxurious office. The office, affectionately named the Dragon's Den by RP, has posters of Rod's favourite pin-up - Deborah Meaden - covering all four walls. Ms Meaden is splendid in her pristine power suits.

CC: Mr Petrie, sir - can I have a word re my preferred options?

RP: Colin, neither Brum of Forest have met my demands as yet.

CC: Mr Petrie, I am talking about Cillian Sheridan err I mean some other striker who has been available since Christmas and nobody wants.

RP - Colin, Colin, Colin would you really want the club to spend money it does not have. We need to pay for the half-empty new stand.

CC - Ah, I see Mr Petrie. Thanks for your valuable time sir. Same time tomorrow?

RP doesn't look up from his newly pressed copy of the Financial Times, and CC exits.

East Mains 26 July -

CC enters the Dragon's Den once more. Deborah Meaden posters have been torn from the walls, as following last night's episode when she parted with some cash, RP is heart-broken. A Douglas Bannatyne 2009 calendar now has pride of place on the wall.

CC - Mr Petrie sir, may I have a word?

RP - No. That's my favourite word Colin (RP chuckles to himself sinisterly).

CC - Ha ha. That's a good one sir. I have find this exciting new Right Back Mr Petrie sir. Just what the team needs.

RP - Colin, Colin, Colin would you really want the club to spend money it does not have. We need to play for this expansive training centre.

There is a long pause, and CC contemplates his reply. Pensively, he enquires

CC - err., why doesn't the club have the money Mr Petrie sir?

RP - THE FANS, COLIN! HOW MANY TIMES?? THE BL**DY FANS!!!

Rod works at Easter Road and Scott Lindsay heads up East Mains. CC reports to Scott

For your scenario to work do you need Scott to grow a 'Tache'?

WeAreHibs
26-07-2011, 11:51 AM
I see Rod as more of a James Caan character, always asking about "the financials"

I wonder if we'll see CC proclaiming "I'm out" :wink:

Cropley10
26-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Rod works at Easter Road and Scott Lindsay heads up East Mains. CC reports to Scott

For your scenario to work do you need Scott to grow a 'Tache'?

That's right. Rod travels in from East Lothian every day to Easter Road, rather than the 10 mins it takes him to drive to East Mains :rolleyes:

So is it SLs strategy to give the manager as many kids he needs from the U19s?

Bayern Bru
26-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I see Rod as more of a James Caan character, always asking about "the financials"

I wonder if we'll see CC proclaiming "I'm out" :wink:

"I'm out. Or in. I'm actually out this time. Well, I'm in if I'm wanted. I'm out, due to these sweets being better. Wait no, I'm in. I'm definitely in. I'd love to be out but I have to be in for the time being. Hokey-cokey folk ken whit's gaun oan."

persevere1875
26-07-2011, 12:53 PM
"I'm out. Or in. I'm actually out this time. Well, I'm in if I'm wanted. I'm out, due to these sweets being better. Wait no, I'm in. I'm definitely in. I'd love to be out but I have to be in for the time being. Hokey-cokey folk ken whit's gaun oan."

:faf: The " Folk ken whit's goan oan " comments just keep getting funnier and funnier

Hibee Daz
26-07-2011, 12:56 PM

Absolute side splitting quality.:faf:

IWasThere2016
26-07-2011, 01:08 PM

:top marks :faf:

IWasThere2016
26-07-2011, 01:13 PM
is that you Mikey?

:greengrin

Keith_M
26-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Maybe if some people started paying for tickets, the club could afford a few new players :wink:

RIP
26-07-2011, 01:41 PM
That's right. Rod travels in from East Lothian every day to Easter Road, rather than the 10 mins it takes him to drive to East Mains :rolleyes:

So is it SLs strategy to give the manager as many kids he needs from the U19s?

Well Rod was in his office when I went to Easter Road last week. Scott was at East Mains. Do they have an office in both sites? Dinnae Ken

I cant say for certain that Alastair's promotion was a Scott appointment but I'm pretty sure he had a significant input into it

Dirkster23
26-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Maybe if some people started paying for tickets, the club could afford a few new players :wink:

They'd need to actually turn up to ER every so often before they could buy a ticket though :wink:

IWasThere2016
26-07-2011, 03:01 PM

They'd need to actually turn up to ER every so often before they could buy a ticket though :wink:

So it is my fault :boo hoo:

I'm rolling up on 24/9 and maybe even before then too .. what will RP spend the windfall on? :greengrin

marinello59
26-07-2011, 03:03 PM

I'm rolling up on 24/9 and maybe even before then too .. what will RP spend the windfall on? :greengrin

It's not your ticket money he's after TQM though he won't say no.
He wants the big prize......your pie money. :greengrin

silverhibee
26-07-2011, 03:09 PM

:faf:

greenlex
26-07-2011, 04:04 PM
We all know there is absolutely no chance of TQM parting with the pie money on anything other than pies.:agree:

Hibiza
26-07-2011, 04:11 PM
superb.

IWasThere2016
26-07-2011, 04:14 PM

That gets spent at Greggs - the food offer at ER is pants! Steak pies at Bayview were excellent tho

Dirkster23
26-07-2011, 04:44 PM

What is it they say TQM- If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem :na na:

IWasThere2016
26-07-2011, 06:36 PM
What is it they say TQM- If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem :na na:

Aye - me and 4,500 fans - it cannae be RP + co mind.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-07-2011, 07:56 PM

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Dirkster23
26-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Aye - me and 4,500 fans - it cannae be RP + co mind. Just a wee joke TQM, I'm sure RP appreciates the effort you make to get down to ER twice a season ;-)

matty_f
26-07-2011, 10:16 PM

:hilarious

IWasThere2016
26-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Just a wee joke TQM, I'm sure RP appreciates the effort you make to get down to ER twice a season ;-)

Away games are better :agree: