Date 22nd August 24th July

Attendance 17,145 12,523

Shots on target 7 0

Opposition shots 7 4

Shots off target 4 0

Opposition off 2 2
target

Possession 49% 41%

All things considered we are not any worse of statistically than last year. Which granted is a worry baring in mind where we finished last season. I missed opener this year (working) and I am not a ST holder so according to some on here I shouldnt have an opinion. But I really thought after last season opener there was a good team in there we played the huns off the park for most of first half, ok so the team went on a spiral after that. But it takes time to build up a team and all I hear on here is spend money, spend money, spend money the board is stingey etc etc.

Every team in SPL is in same boat now on this we are all skint!! I dont remember Mowbray or even JC spending millions and the team was never this depressing. It doesnt take money it takes strong leadership and even stronger vision. The club has lost its identity I think we would all like to see a no fear exciting young side playing with pride. Instead of becoming one of those mid-table also-rans. If CC does leave lets hope the board takes its time over next manager and they know exactly what they have at their disposal and what Hibernian means to thousands.

MWHIBBIES
26-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Never mind read it wrong.

RIP
26-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Last year we weren't bang in the middle of the school holiday season

3 of my Hibby mates and their families were all abroad on Sunday

Last year we opened the East Stand - That happens once in a lifetime

cocopops1875
26-07-2011, 09:15 AM
I agree that the attendance difference is a worry but as said east opening and holidays are factors also was last season a Sunday 12.30 ?. All that said its not a shock given the last 24 months

ManBearPig
26-07-2011, 09:19 AM
I think people are missing my point its not about attendances! I think we are no better or worse than last season the new season start and new stand last year are massive contributing factors to the attendances. My point is nothing much seems to have chaged really. in fact 2-0 is better than 3-0 statistically.

danhibees1875
26-07-2011, 09:58 AM
We went from being able to hit a shot at goal 11 times in 1 game down to 0/zero/zilch times in a game and our posession dropped by almost 20%?

Or have I read your stats wrong?

soproni1
26-07-2011, 11:24 AM
We went from being able to hit a shot at goal 11 times in 1 game down to 0/zero/zilch times in a game and our posession dropped by almost 20%?

Or have I read your stats wrong?

Posession is probably slightly different depending where you get the info - but it is only 8% (49% - 41%??) difference in the OP, plus Celtic are a team which is more likely to keep posession from us than the "slightly more direct" style of the huns.

Shots on goal is a worry - considering the closest we came was a fresh air swipe from O'Connor and given we did put a few balls into the box it may come from only playing with 1 forward and one (semi) attacking midfield player in Thornhill. Hopefully when Sodje comes back (or god forbid we sign another forward) CC will switch to 2 up top and give us that presence in the box to make more of the few good situations that we got into on Sunday.