PDA

View Full Version : Any Greggs Rumours Going About

Hibspirational
25-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Have we signed the 31yr old Junior yet?

What happened to the two Spanish trialists?

Any more ex-hibees coming back? Murphy, Killen, Brown???

Is there anyone else getting mentioned?

Just wondering.

:flag:

Big Frank
25-07-2011, 11:18 PM

Just wondering.

in nearly 2 years on Hibs net you've posted 5 times. Sooooo nothing has really happened at ER to prompt you to post!!
Then you ask if we may get 2 stars back? Brown who??? Scott? Aye, there is definately a chance there.....

:monkey:

TrickyNicky
25-07-2011, 11:25 PM
in nearly 2 years on Hibs net you've posted 5 times. Sooooo nothing has really happened at ER to prompt you to post!!
Then you ask if we may get 2 stars back? Brown who??? Scott? Aye, there is definately a chance there.....

Do V_Buttons not count for anything ?

Bayern Bru
25-07-2011, 11:26 PM

Just wondering.

Greggs rumours? Aye, the ham and cheese bakes are p1sh, but the sausage rolls are teckle.

dhmf
25-07-2011, 11:30 PM

Maybe replies like yours are the reason he hasn't posted more.

Big Frank
25-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Maybe replies like yours are the reason he hasn't posted more.

Well, have a wee look pal. What were his 5 replies?

Rather than reply to him you'd prefer to reply to me.

Do you think David Murphy is coming back to Hibs dhmf? Whats your opinion of the celtic catain returning to Hibernian? You think there is a chance??

:aok::aok:
Or do you think thats bollocks dhmf?

:brokenyam:

Big Frank
25-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Do V_Buttons not count for anything ?

:tee hee:
hibsnet folks ken whits goin oan likes

TrickyNicky
26-07-2011, 12:52 AM
hibsnet folks ken whits goin oan likes

Hibspirational
26-07-2011, 07:56 AM
in nearly 2 years on Hibs net you've posted 5 times. Sooooo nothing has really happened at ER to prompt you to post!! Then you ask if we may get 2 stars back? Brown who??? Scott? Aye, there is definately a chance there.....:monkey: To be honest I'm more of a reader than a writer, however with all the negativity around just now, thought I'd ask a question that wasn't talking about sacking/slagging someone in our club off.

macca70
26-07-2011, 08:09 AM
To be honest I'm more of a reader than a writer, however with all the negativity around just now, thought I'd ask a question that wasn't talking about sacking/slagging someone in our club off.

Do kids no go out and play during the school holidays anymore? Take it they just sit on computers now?

HNA6
26-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Do kids no go out and play during the school holidays anymore? Take it they just sit on computers now?Please explain why the op should be subjected to these sarcastic replies ..?

macca70
26-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Please explain why the op should be subjected to the sarcastic replies ..?

Read his 5 posts and then get back to me?

Our manager, our club.

Only a yam in disguise would feel the need to say 'our'.

Why is an admin allowed to start sarcastic threads, having a go a 'stay away fans'?

HNA6
26-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Read his 5 posts and then get back to me?

Our manager, our club.

Only a yam in disguise would feel the need to say 'our'.

Why is an admin allowed to start sarcastic threads, having a go a 'stay away fans'?If you have a problem with the op then report his posts & we will look into it ..

Ive also read his 6 posts ...so your problem is what exactly ?

The last bit about the Admin..you have lost me ..

Moulin Yarns
26-07-2011, 08:26 AM
If you have a problem with the op then report his posts & we will look into it ..

I think he means Mickeys personal post about the 100 grand lost to the club

HNA6
26-07-2011, 08:28 AM
I think he means Mickeys personal post about the 100 grand lost to the clubAw ..he means a hibs supporter starting a thread on a hibs forum about hibs ..got ye ...it was the Admin bit that threw me ..:aok:

Hibspirational
26-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I was only asking about if there was any gossip about any transfers. I was only winding about ex-players given our latest signings, I was more interested in Agogo and the two spanish strikers.

One final thing, I find being called a Jambo a personal insult sir!!!

macca70
26-07-2011, 08:38 AM
If you have a problem with the op then report his posts & we will look into it ..

OK, I'll use the report function from now on.

Already explained my problem, only a yam in disguise would feel the need to use 'our club', 'our manager'.

And, stating 'I voted for them to have a running track as it would improve there atmosphere!!'

The last bit about the Admin has lost you? You accused me of a sarcastic post and therefore I have referred you to Mikey's 8 pager, a sarcastic thread flagging the fans.

bingo70
26-07-2011, 08:43 AM
I was only asking about if there was any gossip about any transfers. I was only winding about ex-players given our latest signings, I was more interested in Agogo and the two spanish strikers.

One final thing, I find being called a Jambo a personal insult sir!!!

To answer your question we've also been linked with Phil Airey from Newcastle but he's away on tour with them to the states just now and nothing would happen until he gets back as Pardew wanted to see him play over there, this ties in with CC's earlier quotes when he said we might have to wait until the English teams were back and willing to do business before we got our targets.

The spanish trialists is a lot of rubbish that stemmed from Football rumours so someone probably bought them on football manager then posted it up on that website.

I also expected us to sign Towell although i pressumed the hold up with that was that we were playing them on sunday so Celtic were holding back selling him until after we played them but appears that theory may have been wide of the mark.

HNA6
26-07-2011, 08:44 AM
OK, I'll use the report function from now on.

Already explained my problem, only a yam in disguise would feel the need to use 'our club', 'our manager'.

And, stating 'I voted for them to have a running track as it would improve there atmosphere!!'

The last bit about the Admin has lost you? You accused me of a sarcastic post and therefore I have referred you to Mikey's 8 pager, a sarcastic thread flagging the fans.I couldnt give a toss about Mikey's 8 pager ..it has absolutley no relevance to this thread or topic.

With regards the yam running track ..I voted for that too as did plenty other hibbies ..

Woody1985
26-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Just left there. Heard the sausage rolls are going up to 63p.

Woody1985
26-07-2011, 08:51 AM
And I agree with macca. The op is yammish. Just read the tone.

31 year old junior, going on about the two Spaniards. I've not checked the guys posts but I'd say he's a yam by the op alone.

HibbyAndy
26-07-2011, 08:53 AM
I saw Reyes cycling along London road on a Penny-farthing, Make of that what you will.

marinello59
26-07-2011, 08:55 AM

31 year old junior, going on about the two Spaniards. I've not checked the guys posts but I'd say he's a yam by the op alone.

There are some pretty good yam sniffer outerers in the Admin team. Maybe they could just be left to get on with things. There have been plenty of occasions on here when 'definite' yams have turned out to be Hibs supporters.

bingo70
26-07-2011, 08:57 AM

I can see the irony in someone thats 31 years old being called 'junior' and whats wrong with mentioning the two spaniards? loads of people have mentioned them.

I've no idea if the OP is a yam but it's not really much of a wind up or a piss take is it? he's asking if hibs have been linked with anyone and if he is a wind up merchant 5 posts in 2 years isn't really doing too much damage is it?

dhmf
26-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Well, have a wee look pal. What were his 5 replies?

Rather than reply to him you'd prefer to reply to me.

Do you think David Murphy is coming back to Hibs dhmf? Whats your opinion of the celtic catain returning to Hibernian? You think there is a chance??

:aok::aok:
Or do you think thats bollocks dhmf?

:brokenyam:

My point was that almost any point made by someone on here that doesnt have over 1000 posts( which are more than likely made up of berating others or pointless one word posts like :top marks ) is met with sarcasm and these stupid :aok: that you seem to love. To answer you on signings i think its valid to ask about Agogo and the Spaniards as we desperately need new blood which was to me made patently clear after being there on Sunday. The Murphy and Brown point made by the op could have been made with a bit of tounge and cheek after the signings of sproule and O'connor. I could though be talking total bollocks :aok:

marinello59
26-07-2011, 09:53 AM
My point was that almost any point made by someone on here that doesnt have over 1000 posts( which are more than likely made up of berating others or pointless one word posts like :top marks ) is met with sarcasm and these stupid :aok: that you seem to love. To answer you on signings i think its valid to ask about Agogo and the Spaniards as we desperately need new blood which was to me made patently clear after being there on Sunday. The Murphy and Brown point made by the op could have been made with a bit of tounge and cheek after the signings of sproule and O'connor. I could though be talking total bollocks :aok:
:aok:

HibbyAndy
26-07-2011, 09:55 AM

:top marks

dhmf
26-07-2011, 09:58 AM

:rolleyes:

dhmf
26-07-2011, 09:59 AM
:top marks

:thumbsup:im getting the hang of this and my post count is soaring.

TrickyNicky
26-07-2011, 10:01 AM

:guesswho:

TrickyNicky
26-07-2011, 10:03 AM
:thumbsup:im getting the hang of this and my post count is soaring.

See, conformist folk ken whit's gaun oan likes !:wink:

Saorsa
26-07-2011, 10:05 AM
:thumbsup:im getting the hang of this and my post count is soaring.only 936 tae go and you'll be ok :thumbsup: :aok: :thumbsup:

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
26-07-2011, 10:06 AM
only 936 tae go and you'll be ok :thumbsup: :aok: :thumbsup:

:agree:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Woody1985
26-07-2011, 10:09 AM
There are some pretty good yam sniffer outerers in the Admin team. Maybe they could just be left to get on with things. There have been plenty of occasions on here when 'definite' yams have turned out to be Hibs supporters.

This seems to contradict the post by HNA6 in that they should be reported rather than sniffed out. Pedantic I know but if you want to have a moan then go ahead.

It seems to me like the admins are getting rather defensive over little things lately and that's starting to show in other threads IMO.

I can see the irony in someone thats 31 years old being called 'junior' and whats wrong with mentioning the two spaniards? loads of people have mentioned them.

I've no idea if the OP is a yam but it's not really much of a wind up or a piss take is it? he's asking if hibs have been linked with anyone and if he is a wind up merchant 5 posts in 2 years isn't really doing too much damage is it?

I also noticed the irony but it just felt yammish as a whole to me.

'31 year old'.
''What happened to'
'Ex players'

Those all felt they were in a negative tone.

Personally, I don't really give a toss what team the guy supports. Post away and get a wee chuckle over people on here arguing with each other over a post or generate some debate.

I just think the op is yammish, whether he's a yam or not is a different story.

dhmf
26-07-2011, 10:16 AM
only 936 tae go and you'll be ok :thumbsup: :aok: :thumbsup:

Cant wait, hope i get a welcome hamper of some kind when i make it.

marinello59
26-07-2011, 10:17 AM
This seems to contradict the post by HNA6 in that they should be reported rather than sniffed out. Pedantic I know but if you want to have a moan then go ahead.

It seems to me like the admins are getting rather defensive over little things lately and that's starting to show in other threads IMO.

How does it? Use the report post function and Admins will take any action required. That's always been the way here.

As for Admins getting defensive we have been responding to posts put to us. If we ignored them we would get grief for that wouldn't we? If you think the place isn't being run properly offer your services.

Woody1985
26-07-2011, 10:41 AM
How does it? Use the report post function and Admins will take any action required. That's always been the way here.

As for Admins getting defensive we have been responding to posts put to us. If we ignored them we would get grief for that wouldn't we? If you think the place isn't being run properly offer your services.

I stated I thought the post was yammish and probably a yam. It was met with a 'keep you're nose out and we'll sniff them out' type reply. The HNA6 posts states that they've to be reported rather than not mention it and be sniffed out. As I say, I was just being pedantic and I don't really care.

I didn't question the way the site is run, I'm happy with it and it passes the time on the bus or lunchtimes at work, I just said that admins seem to be on the defensive lately. You've not said it in this post but I think a poster was told a few days ago that if they didn't like it then piss off.

I'm grateful people take the time to run the site and I contribute financially but wouldn't want to put myself forward for it.

marinello59
26-07-2011, 11:26 AM
I stated I thought the post was yammish and probably a yam. It was met with a 'keep you're nose out and we'll sniff them out' type reply. The HNA6 posts states that they've to be reported rather than not mention it and be sniffed out. As I say, I was just being pedantic and I don't really care.

I didn't question the way the site is run, I'm happy with it and it passes the time on the bus or lunchtimes at work, I just said that admins seem to be on the defensive lately. You've not said it in this post but I think a poster was told a few days ago that if they didn't like it then piss off.

I'm grateful people take the time to run the site and I contribute financially but wouldn't want to put myself forward for it.

Apologies, that was not the tone of response I intended. . Badly worded perhaps but there was no ill spirit behind it. We ain't perfect.

HNA6
26-07-2011, 11:37 AM

I'm grateful people take the time to run the site and I contribute financially but wouldn't want to put myself forward for it.Woody ..you have been around here long enough & know exactly what I am getting at..there have been countless threads over the years on this forum & on the private forum requesting that if you think we have yam wind up merchants/undercover yams or whatever you care to call them ..report them rather than bash them on the forums, we will look into it as we always do.

.Sean.
26-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Hibs.net is full of snidey wee jibes and unecessary put-downs nowadays. Quit the bitching and maybe folk will enjoy the forum again eh?

M11BMO
26-07-2011, 11:49 AM

I was sounded out as a Yam on here about a year ago... Lucky I knew a couple of the guys on here who managed to back me up that I wasn't. A horrible moment in my life.:bitchy:

Woody1985
26-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Apologies, that was not the tone of response I intended. . Badly worded perhaps but there was no ill spirit behind it. We ain't perfect.

Woody ..you have been around here long enough & know exactly what I am getting at..there have been countless threads over the years on this forum & on the private forum requesting that if you think we have yam wind up merchants/undercover yams or whatever you care to call them ..report them rather than bash them on the forums, we will look into it as we always do.

I know guys, apologies, was just in a wee huff at the sausage rolls going up to 63p. :greengrin

Big Frank
26-07-2011, 12:03 PM

:thumbsup:

:faf:

Ell_Chrisso
26-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Hibs.net is full of snidey wee jibes and unecessary put-downs nowadays. Quit the bitching and maybe folk will enjoy the forum again eh?

:top marks:agree:

Ell_Chrisso
26-07-2011, 12:09 PM
On another note, aside from the OP talking nonsense or not... or being a yam or not...

Does anyone have any sort of promising news that someone new might be coming in? As Sun showed we are still miles off where we want to be!

dhmf
26-07-2011, 12:23 PM
:thumbsup:

:faf:

Thankyou for your well constructed response.

Bayern Bru
26-07-2011, 12:26 PM

The mood on the boards reflects what's going on at the club, really. A lot of it is to do with people posting unnecessarily ridiculous threads about the board, Calderwood, other fans, Petrie, the pitch, Calderwood, the players, Tam McCourt, Calderwood, Scott Lindsay, the club shop. You name it, and it has been slated by at least one individual on this board, often with little or no factual evidence to back it up.

There will always be fans on here who post ridiculous things in my opinion, just as I'm sure I post ridiculous things in others' opinions. :greengrin Speaking generally, we have the happy clappers, the doom-and-gloomers and the middle of the roads. There's always going to be conflict of some sort.

If we'd tanked Celtc 4-0, Agogo and Sheridan had signed, Calderwood had pledged his love for Hibs and Petrie had handed two suitcases full of cash to CC and said 'fill yer boots, buy the players we need' then there would be very few "snidey wee jibes" on here in my opinion.

Here's to your sentiments, but it might be a case of biting your tongue for a little while longer...

TheMentalHibees
26-07-2011, 12:56 PM
I hear they may be bringing in a new kind of sausage roll, but shhhhh.

Big Frank
26-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Thankyou for your well constructed response.

the response was of the standard of the post it was replying to.

If your no at the PBS on saturday we can have a wee blether in inversnecky on saturday. Ill buy you a pie and a bovril and we can be mates :thumbsup:

Hibee Daz
26-07-2011, 01:43 PM
:notworthy: my :asshole:. :wink:

dhmf
26-07-2011, 02:43 PM
the response was of the standard of the post it was replying to.

If your no at the PBS on saturday we can have a wee blether in inversnecky on saturday. Ill buy you a pie and a bovril and we can be mates :thumbsup:

I will be in Inverness on Saturday and look forward to talking to you, i am sure you will be easy to spot on your high horse.

IWasThere2016
26-07-2011, 02:50 PM

Twat!

:wink: :greengrin

silverhibee
26-07-2011, 02:51 PM

:aok: :top marks :aok:

greenlex
26-07-2011, 02:53 PM
:aok: :top marks :aok:

silverhibee
26-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Cant wait, hope i get a welcome hamper of some kind when i make it.

Rod will present it to you at half time at ER, a lovely Greggs hamper. :aok: :greengrin

dhmf
26-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Rod will present it to you at half time at ER, a lovely Greggs hamper. :aok: :greengrin

I look forward to it, hope it has a sausage and bean bake in it, they get a big :aok: and :top marksfrom me.

Hibspirational
26-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Hi Folks,

Sorry just back in from work, and I've got some bad news for many of you here..........

I'M NOT A BLOODY JAMBO/YAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cgwa

P.S. Where does term Yam come from anyway?

justlikebrazil
26-07-2011, 06:15 PM
I saw Reyes cycling along London road on a Penny-farthing, Make of that what you will. Do you think he could be signing for us!!?

Big Frank
26-07-2011, 07:32 PM
I will be in Inverness on Saturday and look forward to talking to you, i am sure you will be easy to spot on your high horse.

:kbacker:

R'Albin
26-07-2011, 07:33 PM
I saw Reyes cycling along London road on a Penny-farthing, Make of that what you will.

Do you think he could be signing for us!!?

:fishin: :wink:

dhmf
26-07-2011, 07:44 PM

:kbacker:

Hard to argue with your grasp of animations :top marks

justlikebrazil
26-07-2011, 08:03 PM
My point was that almost any point made by someone on here that doesnt have over 1000 posts( which are more than likely made up of berating others or pointless one word posts like :top marks ) is met with sarcasm and these stupid :aok: that you seem to love. To answer you on signings i think its valid to ask about Agogo and the Spaniards as we desperately need new blood which was to me made patently clear after being there on Sunday. The Murphy and Brown point made by the op could have been made with a bit of tounge and cheek after the signings of sproule and O'connor. I could though be talking total bollocks :aok: I was called a yam 6 weeks ago for saying that cc could be off to nottm forest as assist manager! Nothing in that though was there!!!!!!!! GGTTH

steakbake
26-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Agogo will sign for 1 year, pending clearance.

If you've not read it elsewhere, you read it here first.

Hibspirational
26-07-2011, 10:26 PM

Well that answers my first question. Welcome to the club Junior!!!!

Big Frank
27-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Hard to argue with your grasp of animations :top marks

Yeh, I prefer them to the ones on sickbag:agree:

here another for you :monkey1:

Speedway
27-07-2011, 01:41 PM

Moritz Volz to join Hibs next week.

If the club even knows who he is, contacts him and his agent, interests him in a move, offers him favourable terms and signs him, you read it here first.

Sodje_18
27-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Not hibs class :wink:

Hibspirational
27-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Having read the EN tonight, anyone know which strikers Calderwood is looking at from the lower English divisions (other than Le Fondre!)?

Bayern Bru
27-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Having read the EN tonight, anyone know which strikers Calderwood is looking at from the lower English divisions (other than Le Fondre!)?

Clayton Donaldson scored 28 for Crewe last season. :greengrin