PDA

View Full Version : Why wait for 85mins before bringing on another forward????

Monkey Harris
25-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Why wait for 85mins before bringing on another forward????

I don't care he's a young laddie, so was Fletcher, Riordan & O'Conner.

Two nil down you take a chance.

Franck Stanton
25-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Yer right mate, as soon as their 2nd goal went in we should have brought Galbraith on, just as well getting beat 3 ore 4 nil after having a real go as sitting back and tamely accepting the 2-0 defeat like we did. [ could just as easily been 3-0 if Stacky hadn't saved the penalty]. Best form of defence is attack after all.

malcky
26-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Yer right mate, as soon as their 2nd goal went in we should have brought Galbraith on, just as well getting beat 3 ore 4 nil after having a real go as sitting back and tamely accepting the 2-0 defeat like we did. [ could just as easily been 3-0 if Stacky hadn't saved the penalty]. Best form of defence is attack after all.

Best form of defence is attack right enough but we dont have any attackers.If galbraith and crawford are all we have in reserve were REMOVED

Dinkydoo
26-07-2011, 09:44 AM
And had we went 'all out attack' after their second goal and got beat 4 or 5 nil, the reaction on here would have been even worse - especially since the only recognised 1st team striker we had was already on the park.

Some people will never be happy.

ehf
26-07-2011, 12:32 PM
More revealing, perhaps, was that we had just been awarded a free-kick in a promising position at the edge of the Celtic box. Any normal manager would be animated by this, give instructions/encouragement, desperately hoping for a late lifeline back into the game. Not CC, though. He turns away and gives Crawford the nod, then busies himself with the substitution. Gives no more than a cursory glance to the free-kick (which comes to nothing of course). Totally just going through the motions. No desire to be here at all. No passion, nothing but negativity. I will never forgive Petrie for landing us in this awful situation. There is no excuse: either he believes CC is the man for the job, in which case he is a deluded idiot, or he is causing untold damage to the club in the hope of squeezing an extra £50K or so compensation out of Forset or Brum. This summer HAD TO BE a turning point for the better but instead it has got much worse. A whole generation of fans is being alienated and they will be lost forever.

CMac1988
26-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Why wait for 85mins before bringing on another forward????

I don't care he's a young laddie, so was Fletcher, Riordan & O'Conner.

Two nil down you take a chance.

Said this to my brother. Tad late IMO.

Would have liked to have seen Wotherspoon go off at half time (would this take a hit on his confidence?) as it wasn't working in the first and Galbraith come on. Move Sproule further up and play a more conventional 4-4-2.

Then as the game went on replace one of the strikers (fatigue depending) with crawford. Of course though a spanner was thrown into he works when O'Hanlon had too go off and we had to use an early substitution.

The Midfiled just didn't cut it for me at the weekend. Maybe even swap Wotherspoon and Sproule to mix it up a bit if he wasn't going to make in major changes at half time. Forwards couldn't get into the game at all.

stokesmessiah
26-07-2011, 03:18 PM
More revealing, perhaps, was that we had just been awarded a free-kick in a promising position at the edge of the Celtic box. Any normal manager would be animated by this, give instructions/encouragement, desperately hoping for a late lifeline back into the game. Not CC, though. He turns away and gives Crawford the nod, then busies himself with the substitution. Gives no more than a cursory glance to the free-kick (which comes to nothing of course). Totally just going through the motions. No desire to be here at all. No passion, nothing but negativity. I will never forgive Petrie for landing us in this awful situation. There is no excuse: either he believes CC is the man for the job, in which case he is a deluded idiot, or he is causing untold damage to the club in the hope of squeezing an extra £50K or so compensation out of Forset or Brum. This summer HAD TO BE a turning point for the better but instead it has got much worse. A whole generation of fans is being alienated and they will be lost forever.

Wow, i can understand your frustration and concerns but surely even reading over this again you can see its slightly melodramatic ??

skipster7
26-07-2011, 03:51 PM

i dont get this,you think by waving his arms and being animated our free kick would be better ? surely any set piece would have been worked on during the week ? dont think thinking about a sub instead of bawling his head off means he was disinterested.

persevere1875
26-07-2011, 04:27 PM

Hibs.net amateur dramatics society strikes again :confused: