PDA

View Full Version : Pride in the Green Jersey

Future17
25-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Short article by Mickey Weir:

http://www.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Michael-Weir-Pride-in-the.6807255.jp?articlepage=1

Stantons Angel
25-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Read this earlier and every word he says is true.
No one can fault his passion for the jersey he so proudly wore or the commitment he gave to it.

I only hope that the younger members of the squad can read this and remember just what it is to pull that jersey over their heads!!!

Well said Mikey!

:top marks :flag:

RIP
25-07-2011, 10:00 PM
I saw a lot more passion for the jersey on Saturday

Not convinced about DW though. He still jogs around, fouling instead of tackling, fails to track back.

Murray had a few goes at him yesterday

D's been going through the motions for months now

Kaiser1962
25-07-2011, 10:05 PM

Not convinced about DW though. He still jogs around, fouling instead of tackling, fails to track back.

I'm sure you mean Sunday :greengrin

I agree anyway but I like Spoony and think, like Murray before him, his versatility is not helping as he is being moved about a bit.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-07-2011, 04:48 AM
Thought this was going to be about Mark Cavendish being a Hibs fan!

R'Albin
26-07-2011, 07:26 AM

Totally agree, there is a lot of games I can't make but when I have been there Ihave never seen him play well, he has a decent ball in but is painfully slow and has nae left foot. Maybe he is just suffering from a lack of confidence.

bingo70
26-07-2011, 07:52 AM
I think the problem with DW is he lacks urgency, he gets the ball, slows the play down and tries to stroll through the game rather than picking it up and running directly at his opponent, whether that comes from being played out of position or if it's down to confidence i don't know but i think he could learn a hell of a lot from Sproule and even Galbraiths directness as he's got the all skills in his locker to beat a man he just gives the defender too much time to think about whats coming.

To get back to the OP i was quite please with the commitment shown on sunday, painfully obvious we're lacking quality but i think the commitment shown was much better than last season.